• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
haha, i know i should...

but I like it. my brother got me into it so imma play it as I please rofl
As long as you know you should be ashamed, my job is done.

Also Goose you're never gonna guess it, so its me. Also disappointed in fro for not getting the so hot hint.

goosefactor

Smash Lord

Also Goose you're never gonna guess it, so its me. Also disappointed in fro for not getting the so hot hint.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

So many of those clues make sense now!! I just never viewed you as someone who would care to have my number, so I was instantly began this whole thing thinking in the wrong direction. But still, I should've gotten this. Wow, heh, I'm still lol'ing IRL. What a relief!

'Fro

Smash Lord

Matt never updated you on this, but I did get that eventually, though I can't tie the incident to it. Anthony and constantly made fun of Matt once we figured it out. We laft pretty hard.

EDIT: U matt.

Nuonn

Smash Cadet
CNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNN

Is my controller at the frat?

4serz
Found my controller.

**** I'm bad.
Hey I finally read the thread again. Also I guess I don't need to answer this anymore but I feel like it, I don't think there was anything left at the frat at all. On a similar note though, Skyler do you have my controller again? I don't know where it ran off to.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Fall 2010 SSBO Schedule and Rules Changes

The start of the school year draws ever nearer, and that means a return to our (usually) bi-weekly SSBO's. To that end, this post will cover two important topics, as follows:

1. Rules Changes

Beginning with the first SSBO of Fall 2010 (SSBO XLIV), the following stages are now banned in all SSBO events (including challenge matches) in both singles and doubles:
1) Mute City
2) Corneria
3) Rainbow Cruise​

2. SSBO Schedule

SSBO XLIV: August 28
SSBO XLV: September 11
SSBO XLVI: September 25
SSBO XLVII: October 9
SSBO XLVIII: October 23
SSBO XLIX: November 6
SSBO L: November 13
SSBO LI: December 4​

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to get in touch with 'Fro, George, or myself. I hope to see each and every one of you at this semester's SSBO's. Good luck and practice up!

voorhese

Smash Master
cant make the first one, an arcade in my town is holding a melee tourney on the 28th, limitz and I are gonna team =P

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I see no problem with stadium as a neutral fox is the only character I see as really broken on it. All other top and high tiers do just fine on it. Marth gets the platform use Peach has plenty of wall and ceiling to live for ever and the different layout allow for bs downsmashes. Falco can abuse lasers. Puff does the exact same thing she does on every other stage. Falcon can use the platforms well.

On a side note without mute city how can I have an auto ban with some people I play.

Iggy Im free those days

The Oc im free all next week if you decide you want to skip some bgr or catch me when im not working tues and wednesday we can play. Same goes to little england

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol? Peach/Puff hates PS vs the other top tiers and anyone with a projectile. Gets camped and dies early. Different layouts only support them if the opponent messes up and forgets he can just camp. Fox/Falco can abuse the layout changes much better then anyone else in the game. No one comes close.

As Marth, it isn't easy to abuse the platforms (assuming ur playing against other top tiers) because of how much space is inbetween them and their small length. The platforms actually help spacies more, namely Falco and his laser game.

Falcon likes it but he doesn't have laser heh. He does fine vs not spacies/sheik on that stage.

Neutrals are supposed to be neutral for the most part.

Between the top tiers, any mix up, we can see it going either way (or simply not complain) on YS, FD, DL, FoD (unless ur Falcon), and BF. PS IS used as a counterpick from space animal players. Why? No one comes close to beating them on that stage, it's a fact.
How is that neutral?

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys i'm a freshman at purdue this year.
I didn't bring my controller but i definitely want to play with yall sometime (if you have a spare controller)

where do the smash things take place? I have no idea where anything is yet

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I have found the pattern!

Beginning with the first SSBO of Fall 2010 (SSBO XLIV), the following stages are now banned in all SSBO events (including challenge matches) in both singles and doubles:
1) Mute City
2) Corneria
3) Rainbow Cruise

Corneria and rainbow cruise are both fox cps. He is doing this to power down fox and let him start entering our biweeklies and not feel bad about taking our money.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I didn't bring my controller but i definitely want to play with yall sometime (if you have a spare controller)

Welcome to Purdue, and welcome also to our crew! On the front page of the thread are the names of all of our possible locations for the tourneys. Usually, we will be in the Tarkington residence hall TV lounge. It's one floor below the front office of the building. There is a room next to the lounge that has ping pong tables.

Where will you be living?

_kSo_

Smash Master

niiiiice and the dew crew potentially grows once again.

purdue is just gonna take over the mw smash scene haha

but seriously, your only competition as of now is like the chi town noobs :p

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Haha nah i honeslty haven't played in a couple weeks and i hate using random controllers but it's better than nothing, plus i can meet new people.

Fro, I live in Wiley..i have not heard of tarkington before. is it in walking distance?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Peach has plenty of wall and ceiling to live for ever and the different layout allow for bs downsmashes. Puff does the exact same thing she does on every other stage.
I lol'd when I read this (and no, I'm not hatin' on any character). I think it's mainly because I inject DJ's distinct voice into his posts when I read them, and of course, that just makes everything so much funnier.

So Iggy, you're back now? OMG, you've left and come back like 54326753 times! There was even one semester where we weren't even sure if you were still alive...(but luckily, now whenever your existence is in question, I can always call you, lol).

Well, it sounds like this semester is looking good for the SSBO's. What with Iggy's triumphant return, and a couple new attendees, I believe the average skill level will be bumped up, and naturally, this will make for more exciting tournies.

Hmm, I'm thinkin' we should kickoff the semester with some solid doubles teams.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fro, I live in Wiley..i have not heard of tarkington before. is it in walking distance?
Lucky for you, Wiley is connected to Tarkington lol.

On the street the Wiley is on, it's the part that is closer to the water tower and further away from Wiley Dining Court.

Unfortunately, you must leave Wiley and enter via the Tarkington Lobby doors despite the 2 dorms literally being connected.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
South Tark and South South West Tark have nothing on the original. You guys are just jealous. Who won Hall of the year again? Yeaaah, that's right. It was Tark! Tark can take on all you *******s!

Plus Tark is going to be hosting your tournaments.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
ok my number is 713-254-2610 and i'm in Wiley so just send me a text with who you are and when you wanna play and i'll be down for sure(and again, i need a controller).

i'm only free for another 2 hrs today(from time of this post) and tmrw looks like alot of active BGR stuff but i'll post here when i'm free, or if youve texted me i'll respond to you asap

'Fro

Smash Lord
Hawkins is where it's at. My single room whups too much ***. I should have it set up for shenanigans soon, but that will require the purchase of a futon as well as some rearrangement.

@ Josh: Why the heck are you in Harrison?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
^^ LOLOLOL

Yeah Fro, you gotta hook your place up with a futon. I'll have to work that puppy in on various nights so as to give Alex a break from me every once in a while, lol.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
Hawkins is where it's at. My single room whups too much ***. I should have it set up for shenanigans soon, but that will require the purchase of a futon as well as some rearrangement.

@ Josh: Why the heck are you in Harrison?
Harrison= my freshman dorm

Also it was across the street from purdue village and I got bored one day and started snooping.

@CRRRGG: poor crrrg

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i think BGR finishes up thursday night around 9-10. so anyone want to play around then or on friday?

'Fro

Smash Lord
^^ LOLOLOL

Yeah Fro, you gotta hook your place up with a futon. I'll have to work that puppy in on various nights so as to give Alex a break from me every once in a while, lol.
As long as those ways don't involve your stomach, it's fine.

Also, Crrrrrrrrrrg, get johned on.

Top Bottom