• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Ah piss, parking's gonna be a b**********************.
And a half.

Dang ... there's so many people in this thread now, I had to read 3 pages just to catch up.
3 freakin' pages! Do I look like the kind of person who enjoys reading!?

Anyway. People should probably make an effort to find housing.
I don't think we've had a shortage of places to stay anywhere in recent history.
But if you just kind of show up and expect to be housed, it might be mildly annoying ...

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
i can house 3-5 people depending on how cramped you guys wanna be(small apartment johns).

1. luke
2. chris
3. tink?
4. vro?
5. ?

dunno if chicago is staying the night

@chris: lol those are my 2 fav stages for those respective dittos, good choices sir

ORLY

Smash Master
This is gonna get confusing for me if people don't use "ReneChris"

Also: Falcon-only tournament? Reneblade, Vro, Faith, George, myself, and ???

Tomacawk

Smash Master
o**** I forgot about tink and vro. ****ing HYPEEEEE this tournament is gunna be so sick
I really hope I can come =O
can we get housing at the frat is necessary? who else will house?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
haha alright. We should do like a round robin falco dittos.
Yea, and who all can house?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I'd house ... but I'm basically off in the middle of nowhere with a 1 room apartment. XD

I miss my old 4 bedroom place 3 feet from campus ...

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
due to the high demand ill give priority to people traveling from far away.

orly chris, id love to do a falcon only tournament but we wont have time(unless its on sunday). little england has a beast falcon, he should get down too. joshs falcon is alright also XD

'Fro

Smash Lord
haha alright. We should do like a round robin falco dittos.
Yea, and who all can house?
I have a futon that could take 2 people if they're willing to get cozy, and some floor space for about 2 more, MAYBE 3, but one person would take the floor space leading to the bathroom.

A general note not aimed at anyone in particular: If you planned on smoking weed, you will NOT be able to do so at my place. I would like not to get kicked out of my dorm. Alcohol is allowed here, though.

If you smoke cigarettes while staying at my place, please do so outside in the designated areas, unless you want to be fined $80.

There are parking spots available for the weekend right near where I live, if you were concerned about that (and you should be, because this is Purdue).

All that being said, first come, first serve housing for a maximum of five people here. Phone number is (317)603-4056.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Five people in that dorm room. O_o
Haha ... that'll be interesting to see.
Two on the futon, one in the space in front of the consoles, one in the space between the futon and the bed, and one behind the futon. It would be a REALLY tight fit, but that's the breaks if that many people wanna stay here.

Dart!

Smash Master
Yeah can anyone house me and Gooey? p.s i want in on this falco and falcon tourney/ dittos
i promise i'll tap

then hit it from the back.

maybe not in that order

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Can I join in on the tapping? You guys know you gotta have at least ONE pink Falcon in on dat shizzz. I'm calling off Sunday so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go in that regard ;)

EDIT: Drankin', I never get it in whenever I come to a tourney because the **** things end at like 1 in the morning. Is anyone gonna hook me up for going out of state and calling off work to go to this ish =P? I will drop some moniez on something too if you'd like, I'll only need like 8 shots of something to get me to the optimal level of drunk that I'd want to achieve AKA lil past tipsy =P

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a flat screen CRT TV, but not sure if they lag. Do those lag?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Oh ball sacks...I may not be able to attend this now because the person who originally said they aren't going to be at Western this weekend is now going to be there and invited me over so long as her friend is willing to let me sleep there. Sorry if I can't make it now >_<.....!

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Children and man-children, the Tarkington TV lounge has been secured!

The TV lounge doors are now open at all times, so please go right in and start setting up when you get there. We have it reserved from 12:00 - 6:00, but you're welcome to show up before then or stay after then.

I'll try to make sure there's a window crank there so things aren't as hot.

Also, does anyone have any spare working Gamecube controllers they would be willing to sell me? We discovered that the two I have are both worthless. One of them won't let you use the c-stick, and forces you to roll right whenever you shield. The other makes you walk right as a default and the A button is breaking.

RIP glorious wavebird

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
And with that, we are good to go for this weekend, fellow Smashers. For convenience, please note the address to the venue below:

Tarkington Hall TV Lounge
1165 W. Stadium Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47906

Simply go in through the main doors on Stadium (the side doors will all be locked anyway) and head downstairs. With a crowd this size, it shouldn't be difficult to find us. For the first-time attenders, Tark has a nearby convenience store with all manner of drinks and snacks (although the prices are somewhat absurd). There are also a number of vending machines downstairs as an alternative along with various food places in the vicinity (Jimmy John's, McDonald's, etc.).

A couple more notes to round out this post:
1) Travelers, please note that Purdue is on Eastern time. I advise you to plan accordingly as we will start as close to noon as possible, regardless of whether certain teams are there or not.

2) Plan to arrive early. This falls on the first home football game of the season, so parking and driving in general will be problematic. Again, I suggest that all interested parties plan accordingly.

3) Unfortunately, we will be somewhat cramped down there, depending on attendance. The crew and I will do our best to set up the room in order to alleviate this while still accommodating as many set-ups as possible. However, if worst comes to worst, the hallway provides some added room along with the lounge upstairs. As a forethought, if things start getting a bit crazy and too close for comfort, just head to those locations (preferably the hallway, if you have a match coming up) to give competitors their due room.

And that's just about all I've got for now. I'll see all of you at SSBO XLV!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
And with that, we are good to go for this weekend, fellow Smashers. For convenience, please note the address to the venue below:

Tarkington Hall TV Lounge
1165 W. Stadium Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47906

Simply go in through the main doors on Stadium (the side doors will all be locked anyway) and head downstairs. With a crowd this size, it shouldn't be difficult to find us. For the first-time attenders, Tark has a nearby convenience store with all manner of drinks and snacks (although the prices are somewhat absurd). There are also a number of vending machines downstairs as an alternative along with various food places in the vicinity (Jimmy John's, McDonald's, etc.).

A couple more notes to round out this post:
1) Travelers, please note that Purdue is on Eastern time. I advise you to plan accordingly as we will start as close to noon as possible, regardless of whether certain teams are there or not.

2) Plan to arrive early. This falls on the first home football game of the season, so parking and driving in general will be problematic. Again, I suggest that all interested parties plan accordingly.

3) Unfortunately, we will be somewhat cramped down there, depending on attendance. The crew and I will do our best to set up the room in order to alleviate this while still accommodating as many set-ups as possible. However, if worst comes to worst, the hallway provides some added room along with the lounge upstairs. As a forethought, if things start getting a bit crazy and too close for comfort, just head to those locations (preferably the hallway, if you have a match coming up) to give competitors their due room.

And that's just about all I've got for now. I'll see all of you at SSBO XLV!
great post and very true. funny how big this tournament has gotten for pretty much no reason except an energized and dedicated midwest :p

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Yeah, this is probably the worst list of good people I've ever seen. Also, Zelda is not actually low tier.

I can't promise I'll be playing at my best because I'll probably be stressing over the job fair that occurs a few days after this. It will probably affect my play somewhat. If you still want to team, I'm up for it though.
yea lets do it

ORLY

Smash Master
Cunning can you house me and my car o' people? Your apartment was cozy last time!

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
**** we should have just done it in a campus classroom, I can provide housing but note I can not promise a couch. I live in a fraternity we have lots of furniture. No smash will be happening at my house though as we are having a huge party friday night. You will be woken up at 6:30 am because that is when tailgating will be starting and people will be loud and yelling. That being said you are welcome to crash at zeta psi provided you let me know before hand.

Tink

Smash Hero
yayuhZ...5 ppl from chicago coming then....get at us in a crew battle....we will NOT be losing against anyone.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
its sad that im probably gonna come last in falcon shenanigans and be one of the only falcon mains.. :(

i still dont know if i'll have some1 coming with me.

Top Bottom