• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Hohoho you are correct sir. I tried picking him up a while ago, but I was picking him up for the wrong reasons. Basically, I was looking for a high tier character who plays like Bowser, and that doesn't really exist. Now I'm playing him because there are aspects of the character that appeal to me. Mainly his ability to punish mistakes, raw power, and his jab.
Thanks for all the gannon practice this summer skylar!

Also thanks andrew, I have found it now.

btw skylar 2 things:

I saw the Rin tin tin movie at the rental place and almost got it... They also have samurai jack for free... I am so getting that when it comes in.

you a marth main now?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I wasn't enough of a **** to switch to marth and I don't know any of the timing otherwise. Sorry I let you down, Carl.
Psh, you can do it with Snake.

Don't worry about the timing. Ness/Lucas just stares at you for like, an hour after the release.

Or just play Melee lol

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I have a lot to do this weekend on top of my shift at pappys, but I will try to accommodate for that stuff and still make it out for singles. I'll give it a 72.4% chance of me going.

But yes, I desire much smash between then and now. text me if you would be available to play. at any point. If I'm busy, I'm busy, buuuuut... yeah, I want to play. I need some singles play to evaluate how effective my practice has been. It's hard for me to judge doubles because I play it differently.

I feel like shoutouts for the last time I played smash.

Lance: Fox?
Skylar: Marth?
Brett: Gannon?
Jason: BOWSER?

'Fro

Smash Lord
I will have to leave before singles this tournament and come back after the tourney. One of my friends made it through to the final round of a Chinese karaoke competition, and we will be going as a club to support her there.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
What fraternity are you guys in?
I just got my bid to SAE, the only fraternity I was interested in joining. Any SAE brothers from Purdue here?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah, driving 3 hours before a tournament on low amounts of sleep really makes me play bad. Then staying awake for 10+ hours makes it worse.

johns.

<3 purdue :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Oh **** i trolled purdue now they sick josh on me

practicescrub said:
Yeah Joe please take it down a notch on the johns. They are getting out of hand. Our crew has started to john less and it sucks that you are filling up that void.
u guys would still be getting trolled if kirk didnt get so butthurt he had to IM me about it. ur whole life is a lie lmao

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I was in SAE at my old school(DePauw) but I am not in a fraternity at Purdue. DJ and CNN are the only smashers in a house and it is Zeta Psi.
Oh thats cool though. Why did you decide not to join SAE at Purdue? Couldn't you just walk in as a brother?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I saw the Rin tin tin movie at the rental place and almost got it... They also have samurai jack for free... I am so getting that when it comes in.
Hell ... yes, samurai jack.
Thought don't bother watching the first Rin Tin Tin movie.
It's actually fairly decent for it's time, and that's disappointing.
It's the later spin-offs where you have little Timmy
(or whatever his name is) and Rinny fighting Nazis.
Those are HILARIOUSLY bad.

RinTinTin - French Born German Shepherd. The All-American Dog. XD

I feel like shoutouts for the last time I played smash.

Lance: Fox?
Skylar: Marth?
Brett: Gannon?
Jason: BOWSER?
Lance ... plays fox on random occasions 'cause he used to think Falco was bad at teams.
So now it has to be let out every now and then to shine things or it starts cheing the upholstery.

I keep trying Marth every now and then, because I want to play him ...
It usually ends in tears. but it gets a little closer every time.

Brett ... finally got tired of having his moves crouch-cancelled.
Though I suspect he just likes yelling "BIG FIIIIIIIST" whenever the f-air connects.

And Jason ... I can't explain that one away.
That bowser was bad-***.

--- --- ---

ANYWAY,
Is there smash going on somewhere?
I mean if there's not, we can always set something small up at my place ... again ...
But, if nobody's interested, I'll just go use my free time to watch bad anime.
I'm not terribly picky.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I will have to leave before singles this tournament and come back after the tourney. One of my friends made it through to the final round of a Chinese karaoke competition, and we will be going as a club to support her there.
all the talk of johns, and you guys missed this one?
Congrats fro on having the most original john i have ever seen

'Fro

Smash Lord
For anyone interested in the Purdue Fighting Game Club, the first meeting is tonight. Here are the details, copied from their e-mail:

On Monday we will be playing at 7pm, we have Beering B222, B230, B242
Judging by what people put for their favorite games it looks like the we're going
to do like one room for Street Fighter, one room for Blazblue/Guilty Gear, and one
room for Soul Caliber/Tekken

'Fro

Smash Lord
3stocked? u mean i suicided 3 times and still brought it back to 1 stock before u got a lucky kill?
My stock count last game = 3
Yours = 0
3-stocked.
Done.

Double post because johns must die.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
voorhese'd
moneymatch me next time we meet voorhese. 20$
winner takes the title of fastest midwest fox
...and20$

goosefactor

Smash Lord
But, if nobody's interested, I'll just go use my free time to play Demon Souls.
Fix'd. Also, my bro picked up that game the other day, so I'm co-oping it with him, and I toying around with a Priest. Also, that last part sounded bad. :embarrass

all the talk of johns, and you guys missed this one?
Congrats fro on having the most original john i have ever seen
LOL, I was thinking the same thing! It's so f'n original, that you basically have to believe it.

voorhese

Smash Master
pshhh beating me proves nothing on who is more technical

my controller is broke (johns) and im stupid during matches

more like 1$ MM anyway, i havent got that job yet =P

voorhese

Smash Master
i dont practice tech, i just play against lvl 1 cpus...i may try to go all SW and make a rotation to show kids, but i think thats a bigger waste of time then learning how to thunders/ shine bair oos/ oh and my new personal favorite; wave shine to dash to jc waveshine to shine upsmash on fox!

it looks ****in kool, not sure if you have to jc the second shine or not, its possible on cpus with out doing it, but if you land the jc waveshine its a lot easier i feel

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
May I kindly ask you guys to reschedule the November 13th event that I see written on the original post? Michigan was planning on throwing a huge Melee tourney on that day, and it's the only day that works out with our football/exam schedules. MSU, Grand Rapids, and Metro Detroit players are coming and we were hoping for out of state attendance after we prove ourselves with the first two tourneys in our interuniversity 'SWEET' series. Thanks guys.

Moooose

Smash Champion
To add, we'd also love for you to come to our tournament instead, so we can combine attendences and get a semi-big turn-out.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Mad libs are fun.

Dear Sister Mary Goose ,

I am writing you to ask if you would consider letting my son Fro come back to school at St. Brett. I know that he behaved in a way that was both goofy and hairy .If you are willing to speak to him Brett would like to sincerly apologize for the following.

1.) johning his teacher.
2.) Calling his classmate voorhese a ' fob '.
3.) Bringing broken magazines with naked photos of M2K to school.
4.) Lifting up Sister Mary Katherine's sock and taking a peek.
5.) Refusing to destroying during reading time.
6.) Praying for TVs during prayer time.
7.) Writing his name in Aquafina on the side of the school.

Please forgive him, and consider letting him back. He really is a/an hungry child, and has since been put on medication that he is taking 3 times a day. He feels bloody and misses everyone very much.

Thank you and God bless.

Sincerly,
Tim Allen

Top Bottom