• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

_kSo_

Smash Master
When you kill someone with that combo it's called slipping them a roofie.
hahahahaha thats hilarious

but yeah barwl is a silly game, I just had to get out of the mindset that it was ANYTHING like melee, and I could finally enjoy it for what it was - a slower paced, less technically demanding game

voorhese

Smash Master
well i wont have enough for a long while, so i had my mom buy me one of the normal ones so i can at least get the feel of one b4 i get the money to buy a good one (this one i got w/ ssf4 for 60$ in a bundle, @ wallmart ssf4 is 34$, so i figured why not)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to be around during winter break to smash? Voorhese, you are still living in johnacello, right? I might be able to take a caravan over there during break if the weather is ok. (I'm not driving those country roads if there's ice and snow)

But I could really use some smash, these cpus aren't cutting it.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Is Purdue sending a vehicle to smashing grounds 3.5? I may be interested if we are. Well actually, I have a final from 10:20-12:20, so if anyone is going only for singles... :urg:

voorhese

Smash Master
Is anyone going to be around during winter break to smash? Voorhese, you are still living in johnacello, right? I might be able to take a caravan over there during break if the weather is ok. (I'm not driving those country roads if there's ice and snow)

But I could really use some smash, these cpus aren't cutting it.
sounds good to me! we would love to have another experienced player around!

It's not worth it. I had the same stick, and it didn't follow correct inputs after about two weeks.
sigh, well i guess i will just play with a normal controller until i can afford buying a legit controller, my mom may just buy a ps3 as a present for the whole house, in that case i would maybe be able to get the game (18$ new on amazon + TE stick for about 130-140$ extra)

is there a better place to get sticks? cuz i think the 18$ ssfIV is a good deal, not sure about the stick, i have checked newegg/amazon/ oh i need to check tigerdirect (thats like newegg for sagat players right?)

BunBun

Smash Master
110-130 is pretty standard. Every now and then they go onsale for like 90 bucks.

Or pick up a mayflash or other cheapo and switch out the buttons and stick for sanwa parts.

voorhese

Smash Master
well mom said that game+stick is fine which will be about 150 o 160ish, and thats bday/christmas wrapped into one, thats the beauty of a birthday in november, i choose not to get a present right away for bday, so i can get 1 and my christmas present from mom at about christmas break =)

edit: thx for the help guys

_kSo_

Smash Master
Good: I only have 2 finals during finals week
Good: I'm done by monday afternoon
Bad: They are both on monday morning, 8:30-11, then 11:30 - 2

gg no re

c u all on the flip side.

'night

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It's not worth it. I had the same stick, and it didn't follow correct inputs after about two weeks.
thats sucky, but with how much i play standard fighters i would get my money out of it, at least until i decided if i wanted to continue down that route before dropping $100+

and getting the game with it is a plus

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
my bet is its cool in concept but bad in application. I'll probably download the demo or pay the measly 240 points (i think i have that left over from my last BB purchase)

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
A few things in regards to finals week entertainment:

Fro-is down to play some Street Fighter on Thursday

Jay Zifer-Let's play Street Fighter. You have xbox controllers, my preference. :D

George-is down for Smash Wednesday night or Thursday night

BRAAAAAIN-is down for Smash Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon (I caught him at the GREYhooouuse today, but where would we play? :o)

Anthony-I wanna smash one last time before the break, but I know your workload is frikkin' bonkers. If you want a break though, I'd be down to make a trip over there. Text me.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'll play anytime on Thursday (Street Fighter, that is). If people want to come here, I am open to hosting from 4:00 pm 'til whenever people want. If I play elsewhere on a 360, I will need someone to bring an extra 360 stick. Otherwise, if people play here, I only have on PS3 stick but several pads.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
A few things in regards to finals week entertainment:

Fro-is down to play some Street Fighter on Thursday

Jay Zifer-Let's play Street Fighter. You have xbox controllers, my preference. :D

George-is down for Smash Wednesday night or Thursday night

BRAAAAAIN-is down for Smash Wednesday afternoon or Thursday afternoon (I caught him at the GREYhooouuse today, but where would we play? :o)

Anthony-I wanna smash one last time before the break, but I know your workload is frikkin' bonkers. If you want a break though, I'd be down to make a trip over there. Text me.
well like i said, thursday after like 330 is probably best for me. so hopefully we can do some smash then instead of wednesday. ill keep lurking to see what new news comes up

voorhese

Smash Master
fyi fro i got a ps3 stick/game (hope that wasnt the wrong choice)
also random question, why is it that on alpha 3 max / SFIV (normal controller) i can just hit d + K to slide with sim, but all the guides ive looked at say its DF+k?
does the stick and normal controller have different control layouts or something?

Top Bottom