• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
****er calle peef from my phone and then falls asleep on the coutch.
Never ;loan an andrew your phone. XD 'cause then theu bug you for compuyte games and don't wait for you to start.

EDIT: rofl ... he's idling the LoL forums in hiis sleep.
Let the internet show my record of calling dib s oont the (other_ couch.
For sleep/ Cause that's nto c;ear/

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Jay is fauwickimg hammereda s hell lol
I drunk dialed peef frommm skyla'rs fone lol

it was funy
Well then, you probably drunk-dialed me too because I noticed a missed call from Skylar which happened in the middle of the night. I was going to call him back, but I see now that won't be necessary.

And what is happening on this page? I don't even understand it, lol. You guys need to take some drinking lessons.

voorhese

Smash Master
why is sims ultra so bad?

also those guys sucked *** i was supposed to money match, and i even had to play vanilla (dhalsim isnt as good) with an xbox controller instead of my stick, and i 3-0'd them lol

fro is ur connection legit enough to play online with me sometime?

'Fro

Smash Lord
why is sims ultra so bad?

also those guys sucked *** i was supposed to money match, and i even had to play vanilla (dhalsim isnt as good) with an xbox controller instead of my stick, and i 3-0'd them lol

fro is ur connection legit enough to play online with me sometime?

I thought you played on 360? We can't play if that's the case.

Also, false on Sim's ultra being bad. The sheer amount of positioning that thing gives you is amazing. Concentrate more when you watch Filipino Champ. Come to think of it, watch the grand finals in Socal Regionals where he plays against Daigo. Just as an example, he throws the ultra while Daigo is cornered with only one hit to go. Daigo's options are all immediately locked, because there was nothing he could do that would get him past the ultra without Champ reacting and punishing.

Point: While Sim's ultra can make room for some amazing combos, it's an ultra that doesn't actually need to hit to be good.

voorhese

Smash Master
oh i play on ps3, and i was being sarcastic about his ultra, i try to not use it so close to people and to use it to avoid getting into corners, instead of getting out of them, sometimes i cant help myself to punish jumps tho =P

i think its dumb how wake up ultra or activating it ANY time they are close is just bad tho....

yeah i play ps3 like you tho

edit: you need to talk to me on FB chat sometime so i can ask you a few in depth questions

'Fro

Smash Lord
oh i play on ps3, and i was being sarcastic about his ultra, i try to not use it so close to people and to use it to avoid getting into corners, instead of getting out of them, sometimes i cant help myself to punish jumps tho =P

i think its dumb how wake up ultra or activating it ANY time they are close is just bad tho....

yeah i play ps3 like you tho

edit: you need to talk to me on FB chat sometime so i can ask you a few in depth questions
I'm not gonna be online with my PS3 for a while, but yeah, we can try matches and see the how the connection works out.

And yeah, we can talk on FB, too.

As for the weaknesses you're mentioning for the ultra, wouldn't be kind of dumb for it to also be a good wake-up option in addition to everything it already does? Also, "close" is a broad term. If you activate it in poke range, it stops them from being able to throw moves except for something invincible. Heck, when Sim throws that on my wake-up, I sometimes EX shoryu just to get me out of there and take whatever small punishment Sim would throw at me for that.

voorhese

Smash Master
well from what i have seen/experienced its never a good idea to throw that **** out if they are in range to hit you almost even....you can grab right out of hit, im pretty sure any ultra beats it, you dont even have to EX shoryuken to get through it, just shoryuken works. hell even ultras like abels or akumas go right through it...

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Matt drinking lesson hahahahhaa

Can i see your lesson plan/syllabus Matt?? As long as it includes the key quote "Anthony I think did it wrong!", then we're good.

Also, I saw a restaurant called Luigi's House. That is where you truly belong.

'Fro

Smash Lord
well from what i have seen/experienced its never a good idea to throw that **** out if they are in range to hit you almost even....you can grab right out of hit, im pretty sure any ultra beats it, you dont even have to EX shoryuken to get through it, just shoryuken works. hell even ultras like abels or akumas go right through it...
POKE distance, not throw distance. As in, throw the ultra OUTSIDE their throw range, you Voorhese. If they try to attack, most moves will trade with the ultra. Obviously, you want to be careful of projectile invincible moves, such as the shoto tatsu and Fei Long's chicken wing, or either of the ultras you mentioned (although Akuma's isn't invincible all the way through). Just treat Sim's ultra like the slow, awesome projectile that it is.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Can any characters other than fox/falco play rushdown well?
Good question..... I personally don't think so, if by rushdown you mean constantly pressuring shields and generally being the aggressor overall. Tech-chasing shouldn't count, as most characters will aggressively follow up once they land their openers. Even Falcon for all his speed tends to dance around waiting for openings.

Then again, I wouldn't say I'd have the best reasoning for this.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I don't think any other character can do it like Fox.

Falco's shield pressure is highly overrated. Shine grab and double shines are his saving grace.

Characters like Marth, Falcon have that passive aggressive style. Mango shows that well
Marth-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5ZE-HxVBE&feature=player_detailpage#t=202s
Falcon-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FqNR7_vy4

Peach can be played somewhat aggressively with turnip and spaced fc nair shield pressure.

The rest of the cast has no sort of rushdown imo, but they can space stuff, poke, and get openings. Maybe Pikachu is the only exception? lol

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Mango shows that well
Watched those matches, and him against chops, I didn't know falcon could shield pressure like that. And I'm pretty sure that Mango has the best tech skill of any player. And I know you said "passive-aggressive" but he made it seem like it was mostly aggressive. I suppose that's a good idea for falcon who has limited oos options...

But yeah, I knew fox was the better rusher, but having someone who actually knows what they are talking about confirm it is good.

@reneblade
Will there be cakes? How about smash?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Matt drinking lesson hahahahhaa

Can i see your lesson plan/syllabus Matt?? As long as it includes the key quote "Anthony I think did it wrong!", then we're good.
Rofl, well, what I have isn't really a lesson plan, but more of a guideline for Jay to follow.

Jay, in order to be like me and master the delicate art of drinking, there are some guidelines and rules that must be carefully followed.

1. Whenever in doubt, just remember that MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER. Never think to yourself, "hmmm I am a pretty small dude, and my tolerance is really low, so maybe I should cut myself off before things go south." This is child's talk, Jay. Remember, you own the alcohol. The alcohol doesn't own you. If you want to drink more, then by God you f'n drink more. That's my motto, and it's never steered me wrong.

2. When drunk, you always want to say what's on your mind even when you know it's probably best left unsaid. This rule has yet to backfire on me, and has yet to get me made fun of for.

3. Always make it so you're a burden on the people around you. What? you need someone to basically hold your hand while you walk from point A to point B? Great! there you go! What's that? you need a chaperon while you go to the bathroom? Spectacular! you're a natural at this! Oh, and what's that? you want to just lay down anywhere and make everyone else wait in annoyance and fear of you getting a public intox? Awesome! I knew you could do it!

4. Always make pointless MM's with low tier characters (you may already have a head start on this one :p)

5. Always drink on an empty stomach. The alcohol can double as your meal for that night because it's very filling. It essentially saves you from the pesky nuisance of having to order food. Also, you always want to make sure to consume everything in a short time period. Time is money, so you don't want to just be sitting around all day taking baby sips!

6. During those really awesome times when you get the honor and pleasure of spewing, be sure to do it right. Anyone can just do it in the toilet. No, no, no. You need to do it with style. You wanna do it in a public bathroom where half of it land on the stall floor? Ok! You want to do it on Ckit's furniture? Be my guest! You wanna do it in the parking lot? See? now you're gettin' the hang of it!

Well Jay, this mostly sums up my extensive guide on being a successful drinker. Now, I understand that many of these guidelines can be tough to follow (this is why we have so many people who fail at drinking), and I'm not trying to scare or overwhelm you, but with enough practice and dedication, I am confident that you will one day be as great as me in this regard.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Rofl, well, what I have isn't really a lesson plan, but more of a guideline for Jay to follow.

Jay, in order to be like me and master the delicate art of drinking, there are some guidelines and rules that must be carefully followed.

1. Whenever in doubt, just remember that MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER. Never think to yourself, "hmmm I am a pretty small dude, and my tolerance is really low, so maybe I should cut myself off before things go south." This is child's talk, Jay. Remember, you own the alcohol. The alcohol doesn't own you. If you want to drink more, then by God you f'n drink more. That's my motto, and it's never steered me wrong.

2. When drunk, you always want to say what's on your mind even when you know it's probably best left unsaid. This rule has yet to backfire on me, and has yet to get me made fun of for.

3. Always make it so you're a burden on the people around you. What? you need someone to basically hold your hand while you walk from point A to point B? Great! there you go! What's that? you need a chaperon while you go to the bathroom? Spectacular! you're a natural at this! Oh, and what's that? you want to just lay down anywhere and make everyone else wait in annoyance and fear of you getting a public intox? Awesome! I knew you could do it!

4. Always make pointless MM's with low tier characters (you may already have a head start on this one :p)

5. Always drink on an empty stomach. The alcohol can double as your meal for that night because it's very filling. It essentially saves you from the pesky nuisance of having to order food. Also, you always want to make sure to consume everything in a short time period. Time is money, so you don't want to just be sitting around all day taking baby sips!

6. During those really awesome times when you get the honor and pleasure of spewing, be sure to do it right. Anyone can just do it in the toilet. No, no, no. You need to do it with style. You wanna do it in a public bathroom where half of it land on the stall floor? Ok! You want to do it on Ckit's furniture? Be my guest! You wanna do it in the parking lot? See? now you're gettin' the hang of it!

Well Jay, this mostly sums up my extensive guide on being a successful drinker. Now, I understand that many of these guidelines can be tough to follow (this is why we have so many people who fail at drinking), and I'm not trying to scare or overwhelm you, but with enough practice and dedication, I am confident that you will one day be as great as me in this regard.
Best post of 2011.

Me after following this amazing guide.

Top Bottom