• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Newsflash!

Little england cannot hold his drank! This kid's drunk after one cactus cup. Purdue smashers, we must train him. Everyone do your part to keep him intoxicated at all times.

This message brought to you by Lavos.

'Fro

Smash Lord
U guys t all Werner cakes!! Shy aren't you post img at 2am..its not llaaaaate I want my entertainment...and lremonade. Don’t forget the lremonade :D
Not drunk enough. Needs more than that amount of spelling errors. That shall be fixed on Saturday.

voorhese

Smash Master
im coming down there today so i can attend this tourney...which one of you *****es is housing me and which of you *****es is teaming with me?

'Fro

Smash Lord
im coming down there today so i can attend this tourney...which one of you *****es is housing me and which of you *****es is teaming with me?
Jeez voorheese, that sounds so tempting considering how nicely you put it.

Well, I have visitors tonight, so housing people is out for me. I'm actually not gonna see anyone until the tourney, so until then, guys.

The teaming...... All righty, done.

Also, Lance, could you potentially drag your PS3 to Tark? I was gonna bring SF, Marvel, and the two sticks I have here, and was hoping not to carry my PS3 Fat all the way there.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Don't worry! I'll house him!
Oh. Wait. Can't do that.
Ee gods, I miss Purdue already. =/

I'm bored. I want spring break to be here so I can do something interesting.

voorhese

Smash Master
i suppose i should have posted that i am staying with lance, ill be omw soon (lance wont be home till 6:20 ish) and ill be hangin with jason. also jason idk about that doubles thing, i dont know if i can carry you if you get certain random characters...i mean like how am i supposed to carry your falco? lol jk but really though, if u draw a pichu or kirby we are ****ed >_<

Mr H

Smash Ace
who is all going to smym?
idk if im going to just go home after or come back to purdue with you guys so let meee knowww
also

me and jay are winning teamzzzz at smym
mvc3 is more fun than smash

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I tried to go to SMYM.
And there were many convoluted plans made.
But they all bottomed out when plane flights started getting around $900.

_kSo_

Smash Master
LOL this is the last time I try to go to a random party where I don't know anyone....and since they're low on alcohol I don't want to impose....>_> 2nd night in a row I'm goin out but not drinking. A new record!!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Lool

Also, Alan, we still need to go out drinking. There was that one time, but your license was expired, and you didn't realize it. >_>

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Bill Nye

The last one is the best.

Also, looking for teammate for tomorrow.

Same for SMYM, but I think someone mentioned it's good to team with OOR people if your aren't trying to win because you learn different play styles or something. And Darkrain is going to win smym12. and prove that falcon is the best character in the game.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
i keep getting these big breaks where i forget smashboards exists.
hi
Hi! We should play smash this week.

Good tourney guys.

BTW: I want to play a lot of smash this week, get in some practice before SMYM. If anybody is available in the afternoons M-F for smash lemme know. If anybody is up for smash Wednesday or Friday morning (before 10:30 on wed and before 11:30 on fri) let me know in that case as well. I also might be down some evenings, just text me the day of and I should know.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Waugh! Someone make the vertexes stop duplicating themselves!
It makes it very hard to fit animations to them!

Also, I just went to a movie theatre where the seats were all big, red-leather chairs,
And I was served mixed drinks during the feature.
I'm not quite sure, but it might have been the most awesome thing I did today.

Oh. And: "I AAAAAAM THE ONE AND ONLYYYYYYY!"

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
corey i'll definitely let you know but chances are probably not because i have school prioritized at the top right now

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO LIV Results:

Teams:
1: Forgot the name (Voorhese + Little England) ($30.00)
2: Justin Bieber OMG !!!1!1!111! (Lance + Jay) ($10.00)

3: Team Team (iamthemicrowave + Deez Nutz)
4: Collateral Damage (Elite no scopes Haxor + Jesse)

Singles:
1: Obnoxious Oceania (Little England) ($30.00)
2: Fro ($15.00)
3: IN's finest ($5.00)

4: iamthemicrowave
5: Voorhese
5: Lance in the Pants
7: Jesse
7: Tak

Good tournament, everyone! The turnout was unfortunately affected by outside circumstances, but nonetheless we had some very good matches! Hoping to see you all at upcoming tourneys as well!

-'Fro

voorhese

Smash Master
ssbo liv results:
singles:
1: Obnoxious oceania (little england) ($30.00) - fun teams, and thx for helping me the night b4 with matchups and stuff
2: Fro ($15.00) - good games, i learned at lot about ssfiv in just the hour we played
3: In's finest ($5.00)
-good **** in brackets, you played much better than you did in pools, or i played worse in brackets, idk lol i got grabbed a lot more thats for sure
4: Iamthemicrowave -good set, any advice for me after playing me again for the 1st time like like 23876230986 years?
5: Voorhese - bad kid
5: Lance in the pants - you have improved a lot since we played last =)
7: Jesse - sorry only played you in doubles, and we never talked. Fun games in dubs tho
7: Tak - wtf man when i said next time i come back i want you to be able to beat me, i thought it would take longer than it did for you to improve that much >_< good games, and keep playing, soon ill be down there where i can improve.

Corey - thx for reminding me about people that didnt enter singles >_< and fun playing you in dubs/friendlies, especially the falcon quads =)

dj - gg's in dubs, and friendlies, sorry we didnt get to play more, i was actually trying to gather myself mentally for my matches i expected to happen against jay/fro

adam - fun friendlies, ur falco ***** me even harder than jasons, and as for the mario/link matches those are really fun >_<

josh - didnt get to play...stop lifting w/ your back son lol

brett - high five of wake up power!!!, lol we didnt get to play, but i saw the bowser again, and im glad...i love watching a bowser that doesnt suck =)

i am glad i will be able to practice with people sometime soon in the future, this whole matchup **** is killing me, and not just my placing but me having fun with the game.

Any general advice for me?

10 .

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
1: Obnoxious Oceania (Little England) -Pulled it off with pika? You goofball.
2: Fro - Glad you played some smash. you and the others have almost convinced me to buy mvc3.
3: IN's finest - Got your money back in both events, good stuff. :)
4: iamthemicrowave - You seemed kind of off yesterday, I hope all is going alright.
5: Voorhese - good stuff voorhese, you were doing some crazy stuff. Don't worry so much about matchups, you are fox.
5: Lance in the Pants - You got even better since pound 5, you are going places.
7: Jesse - good stuff with puff. Nice teaming with you, sorry i killed you with random gentlemans and raptor boosts.
7: Tak - It was nice meeting you, and our set was really fun in pools.
9: ******** - your sheik was wrecking me in teams, your edgegarding seemed very on-point.
9: TROLLFUL copter- Hey, not so bad, you are getting better, keep practicing. (me)

Adam - Thanks for bringing the setup, I love smashville, and the green ranger.
Josh- I left soon after you got there, I'm sorry we didn't get to play any, and see how that marth of yours is doing.

Brett - <3 your bowser. But you should enter tournies with good characters so I learn something when you beat me.

Can ******** and I get listed so we can get those shoutouts?

voorhese

Smash Master
yeah, i just woke up and did shoutouts based on the list, i forgot about you, adam, josh, brett, and DJ lol...sorry bout that i got it straightened out now tho =)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I thought Voorheese and Ahmed were teaming?

Not to sound rude, but who is Jesse and Tak? I don't think I've ever played or even met them before.

Anywho, good stuff, guys.

Ok, down to business. I THINK I can finagle a trip down there this weekend. I should know for sure pretty soon. So are there any concrete plans for SMYM? Jay, I heard that you were planning on driving down there. Is this true? And if so, when would we be leaving and returning? Krik, do you know if you are for sure going yet? Are we going to need two cars? Lastly, if I am able to come down, it would be on Thursday evening because I would have to leave Sunday afternoon. If I have to put up with SMYM, I want to at least try and make a weekend out of it. So my question is whether people are up for stuff Thursday evening and/or Friday during the day. I know, there are a lot of questions, and for some reason this just feels like a Voorheese post, but I would like to know this stuff to better plan everything.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I thought Voorheese and Ahmed were teaming?

Not to sound rude, but who is Jesse and Tak? I don't think I've ever played or even met them before.

Anywho, good stuff, guys.
Jesse and Tak showed up last SSBO. Tak lives in Earheart, and Jesse drives over about an hour and a half to get here. Jesse plays Puff, and Tak plays Falco.

Voorheese apparently had already set up to team with Jason by the time I responded, so yeah. No biggie.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Goose if you come down I'll hang out with you on Thursday, I play stratego with you, but I haven't played since I was 12, so you'll roll me. And we can talk about ff7. Knowing car plans would be tight. I can pay for gas.

And I'll see how much money I have left after SMYM, and if I've got the dough, I think I'll buy mvc3. It looks super fun. I think I know 2/3 of my team. ...

Top Bottom