• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Dart!

Smash Master
Thanks. That is my strong point, but I feel like I rely on it too much (as shown by you skull****ing me on FD). It was a good set though and I picked up on some new things to do with Fox by playing you throughout the day (in singles and doubles.)

Oh and other shoutouts

jason - Fun friendlies against that u-airing, moonwalking paintrain of a Ganon, and it was fun teaming with you. Sorry I SD'd more times than I should've. But it's always fun playing you.

lance - you and george were in control in teams. Great zoning. Solid set in pools too.

jay - your puff is gay
I mean that in the best way

******** - You had some pretty cool needle work in some of the games I saw you play. And you ***** me hard in teams.

goose - lol sorry for offering to shake your hand after the first game loss. All the Fox dittos were starting to blur together.

fro - jason beat a Fox in grand finals with Ganon. No johns.
you say that like it's hard, ganon is a sleeper counter vs fox.

deeznotz

Smash Cadet
Singles Results (8 entrants)
1: Little England ($25.00) You ganon is too strong
2: iamthemicrowave ($10.00) Glad you made it out getting ready for 420 boss
3: 'Fro ($5.00)
good games fro good to see your samus is still sharp
4: Lanceinthepants you murdered me in the callenge match good **** man sorry if i seemed salty I its impressive how much you have approved
5: Goosefactor fun teaming with you matt we didnt play any friendlies :(
6: Jayford breakfast club was the ****
7: Doggalinagood games in single your fox was on point man
8: DeeZNutZ BIAWWWWWWWWWW

good tourny everyone sorry I had to leave so early.

PureHate

Smash Rookie
Are there any summer tourneys? Or any in the immediate future? The Muncie dudes would love to come back.

'Fro

Smash Lord
As I said before, take a game for what it is rather than what it was! Mortal Kombat is back *****s. =D
So far, I will agree, strangely enough for me. I had long since discounted the whole series as a blood-filled gimmick, but this is really something else. Marvel and Street Fighter are still superior fighting games, but for once I'm actually ENJOYING the combat in this one! Also, the story mode is easily the best I have seen in a fighting game. It really does service to those who have fond memories of the old MK line, pre-Deadly Alliance and Deception and all the other trash MK put out over the years.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
As I said before, take a game for what it is rather than what it was! Mortal Kombat is back *****s. =D
So far, I will agree, strangely enough for me. I had long since discounted the whole series as a blood-filled gimmick, but this is really something else. Marvel and Street Fighter are still superior fighting games, but for once I'm actually ENJOYING the combat in this one! Also, the story mode is easily the best I have seen in a fighting game. It really does service to those who have fond memories of the old MK line, pre-Deadly Alliance and Deception and all the other trash MK put out over the years.
****All "c"(exkept this one) will be replaked with "K"****
I kame! When I got my kombat stikk.

Besides UMK3, THIS MORTAL KOMBAT IS ****ING PIMP AS ****!!! I am so ***king happy that they brought bakk the 2d fighting style. This is EXKATLY what I've been waiting for!
I'm ***king happy that you guys are enjoying this game as much as I am.

If people are interested, I'm willing to hold a get-together this weekend due to having the plake all to myself. UMK3, MK9, MvK(Kapkom)3, SSF4, Melee! If people are not interested in koming, I will kome to kampus and play some MK9 with you guys, or whatever.

In weather related news. An EF2(tornado) with winds of 115-133 hit about 1 mile from my plake. My plake is fine even with the 60mph winds that I got hit by. I strongly suggest that people take kaution this year with the weather. I have a feeling that this year is when one of my khildhood nightmares kome true. Just be safe guys.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Jason- Didn't really play you much this weekend. Another week, another alt character winning the tourney. Maybe next semester it will be Samus since you have bomb jumping down :p

George- Good **** in teams son. Our set was awesome!!!! I would definitely like to smash with you more over the summer.

Fro- Good set Froseph. Good talk after the match, my main focus now is to learn how to play consistent in tournament. I pretty much blew my load that first match XD.

Goose- I felt like you threw away our last match but it was good to see you this weekend. I had a lot of fun (even with Stratego lol) and over the summer we definitely have more time for shenanigans

Jay- Didn't really play you either, but we should definitely hang out before you have go to Iowa live in the middle of nowhere.

Armando- Good to see you come out to one of these and good set in pools. Your fox is really good for not playing that often

Dj- No worries man. I heard you were playing good against Jason and Fro, keep it up.

Also, what is the Mortal game people are talking about? I am not quite exactly sure what you guys mean ... oh wait ... you guys are talking about Portal? Of course, Portal 2. Well, you guys are right that game is awesome. I just finished the single player campaign and it is truly epic. There is a co-op campaign so I'll probably play that this weekend. (Skylar do you have it!?!?!?!?!?)

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
My big complaint with MK9 is the uppercut hit box. It whiffs in front of people.
Uppercuts have always whiffed on crouching characters and had a narrow hitbox in Mortal Kombat as a whole.
Yeah, what 'Fro said. To add onto that as well, you really shouldn't uppercut at all unless you know your timing on anti-airs.

When should I ever use an uppercut? The only use I see for it is anti-airs, but most characters (especially my current main) have better ones than an uppercut.
Oddly enough, I've been getting uppercuts to connect as a counter against teleport punches, doesn't work against Sektor though. I was pulling these off against computers. Though, you can also use it if you are not good with doing juggle hits.

Example: Sektor does a teleport, you block, Sektor is stuck in the air for like one second, then you uppercut him for a punishing hit. Though you are supposed to juggle combo for more damage.

As for as character that I might main, I cannot come to that conclusion just yet, but I can say for now that Smoke is doing some nice magic for me. I even made a standard combo for him.
kombo: Smoke >>> jump with triangle(Y for 360 players) >>> to Air throw. 17-18%
I will be expanding this combo further, but I'm still adjusting to my Kombat stick.

I will do a live stream tomorrow for those that might be interested. As for 360 players, I will be getting a copy down the road, but I will stick with my PS3 for the stick.

Jayford

Smash Lord
If you mash combos in MK9 they stay buffered. Like I am talking raging demon style buffers. I pressed ayx as fast as I could and Reptiles whole target combo came out. Then I just mashed slow ball during the animation and it came out lol. Also I have 40% corner combo down gg lol.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, what is the Mortal game people are talking about? I am not quite exactly sure what you guys mean ... oh wait ... you guys are talking about Alundra? Of course, Alundra. Well, you guys are right that game is awesome.
*Fix'd* But don't be too hard on yourself, Lance. We all make typos from time to time. Fortunately, I knew what you meant to say.

And it's already official, that game will be played by either you or Anthony over the Summer. But not both. I feel that it would take away from the experience to have two minds tackling the game's trickzies. The only problem is selecting which lucky individual gets the honor of playing it, and which unfortunate soul has to be content with only watching from the sidelines. A very difficult decision indeed. A life-changing one, in fact.

OMG, Jason, I am still replaying "honey, all you need is some extensions" in my mind, rofl. I can't even recall the rest of it or any of the other ones for that matter, but this part alone just cracks my **** up. loooooool

Also, we need to go to that gay place again cuz I need to get a full order of those buffalo cheese sticks. Those were soooo good!

Also, I'm glad we finally got to play Ultimate again. It was a bummer that I had to participate, but it was still fun.

Also, I sent that tob an email about the parking and towing charge earlier today, so hopefully everything will be taken care of. Regardless, Purdue's parking can suck my left nut...no, scratch that. Upon further pondering, I've come to the conclusion that it can suck BOTH my nuts particularly because I had to waste an additional 30 cents in the parking meter only to discover that the Visitor Information Center (or whatever) isn't even open on Sundays.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I ain't filling his fat tummy up for nothing.
Sorry, Maus, but after all this time I finally had to change my sig. You see, other than yours, I never thought I'd find a more ridiculous quote that just makes me laugh every time I read it, but...I did.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I've never played/seen that game to the extent to hear the characters speak...that is sooo outrageous

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Skylar do you have a new steam account?
No. But the steam account for BC2 only has that one game on it. Everything else is on my old old old account. I'll add ya again next time I'm on.

Also, I'm gonna be in town for a bit tomorrow, so if anyone thinks they left stuff in my apartment, speak now or lose it for abother 6 months.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I watched garbage day again and this was in the related videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w&feature=related
Rofl, yeah, that one's hilarious. Watching clips of poor acting, special effects, etc. can oftentimes be more entertaining than watching legit movies, lol.

Also, I'm gonna be in town for a bit tomorrow, so if anyone thinks they left stuff in my apartment, speak now or lose it for abother 6 months.
Whaaa!? Why'd you have to come up during an off week for me? :c

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Whaaa!? Why'd you have to come up during an off week for me? :c
Rofl its Easter. I needed the holiday to have enough time to get down and back. Or there's a conspiracy against you, matt. You decide.

I'm just picking stuff up that I need for summer and getting some of Andrew's crap back to him, so I don't have to FedEx a tv. There won't be a hell of a lot of time to hang out, but there should be some at least.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
I just received the most unfortunate news. Since my senior design presentation is on Thursday, my group wants to spend all of Saturday (9am to 6 pm) prepping and ****. So if you're still here after 6 Skylar, I will join in on the festivities!

Top Bottom