• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
If Matt gets drunk and I'm not there I'm gonna be super pissed.
Heh, can't make any promises. ;)

Yeah, it's been a while since I took that downward spiraling path, lol. I may not have quite the tolerance as I had back in my golden days (i.e. last year). I may have to bring that quiet, passive Goose back one of these days, lool.

voorhese

Smash Master
i just thought of something, i am very low on cash, so i may just enter singles. i have 10$ even right now on my debit card...if i did cash back it would charge me, so if someone wants to play doubles with me ill do the cash back thing and pay for what i can with what i have after the charge, and ill team with whoever will throw in how much ever it takes to withdraw from my debit card

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
So in all my talk of hating you guys and never wanting to see you again, I think I can attend tomorrow's ssbo, at least the doubles part. I have an appointment at some point tomorrow morning, but i have no idea on the times for it. If you're okay with a potentially flakey partner Voorhese, I'll go ahead and team with you.

voorhese

Smash Master
alright well ill give timerbomb priority since i told him i would team with him, if he doesnt mind helping me pay for it, if he declines then ill team with u

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO LVIII Results; SSBO LVIV - September 10, 2011 (12 PM, Tarkington TV Lounge)

Singles Results (16 entrants)
1: Little England ($46.00)
2: Goosefactor ($22.00)
3: Kirkq ($7.00)

4: Lanceinthepants
5: 'Fro
5: Voorhese
7: Timerbomb
7: Blake
9: 666
9: Fat *****
9: DeezNutz Hangin' From It
9: Chris Is Paper, Formerly Jesus Omega
13: Jacob
13: MrH
13: Meatball
13: Beeeeeeeeees

Doubles Results (6 teams)
1: The Vicarious Adventures of Nignog and J-Artur (LITP + Little England) ($40.00)
2: Shine to Knee (Voorhese + Timerbomb) ($15.00)

3: **** **** (Kirkq + Joey)
4: ******s in the Sky ('Fro + MrH)
5: Can't Combo This (WarHippy + Jacob)
5: Dumbledore's Army (Blake + 666)

Excellent tournament to start the semester, Dew Crew! Major props also to the MI Smashers for coming out as well; we hope to see you guys at future SSBO's! Speaking of which, our next tournament, SSBO LVIV, will be held next weekend on September 10 at 12 PM in the Tark TV Lounge. I hope to see all of you there and more!

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I DON'T RECOGNIZE HALF OF THOSE PEOPLE.
(Someone translate the names plz).

And tell the rest to post on the forums so I at least have an avatar to associate.
I mean ... 'cause I really AM the only important person on here.
And it's important that I stay happy.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
that was a sweet tourney, well definitely try to make it to another one soon. this is blake btw

Singles Results (16 entrants)
1: Little England -your ness was impressive in teams, i never played you in singles though
2: Goosefactor -didnt play
3: Kirkq - good games in singles brackets
4: Lanceinthepants - ggs in teams. that falco was lookin prime in those friendlies we played
5: 'Fro - didnt play
5: Voorhese - ggs in teams and singles, that u throw, double shine, shine->usmash to shine spike was amazing
7: Timerbomb - ggs in singles and teams, you sd'd a few times, so hopefully we play again
7: Blake
9: 666 - we got ***** in teams haha
9: Fat ***** - ggs in pools, your falco is pretty good
9: DeezNutz Hangin' From It - didnt play
9: Chris Is Paper, Formerly Jesus Omega - ggs in singles. that sheik is pretty good
13: Jacob - didnt play
13: MrH - didnt play
13: Meatball- didnt play
13: Beeeeeeeeees - fun friendlies, idk who you main tho

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the shoutout but i played pretty crappy(johns) and couldnt stop sding -_- that or i just lack competitive play cause no one ever plays me lol. it was fun teaming with you voorheese.

if those teams matches ever get put up i'd like to see them(me getting ***** by ness)

impressive jason, i guess i approve

voorhese

Smash Master
1:Little England - ggs in teams!
2: Goosefactor - gg in singles, that set was stressful to say the least
3: Kirkq -

4: Lanceinthepants - ggs in singles and in doubles, you saved kirk this time
5: 'Fro - ggs in dubs, timerbomb switching to falco helped a lot that set, i was still getting owned by you
5: Voorhese - how did you let kirk go?!?! now youll never get to change your sig cuz kirk will disappear for another 123872613896 years
7: Timerbomb - good job in teams man, and good **** 2-0ing me in pools, you need to play with me more to get my matchup practice up, i didnt wanna just go falco, cuz its an easier matchup
7: Blake - good games, i had to clutch out wins vs you to continue my quest to beat kirk, same goes for you 666, i had to clutch out a win last match also.
9: Fat ***** - i think we only did friendlies and maybe doubles, im pretty sure just friendlies though, ggs on those at the very least
9: DeezNutz Hangin' From It - good games in pools, glad to see you still have an interest strong enough to come play with us
9: Chris Is Paper, Formerly Jesus Omega - ggs in friendlies or that and dubs, idk which one of you and fat ***** is joey
13: Jacob - good job on your 1st tourney, keep it up and when im not busy with school im up for practice
13: MrH - close set in dubs man, i had fun
13: Meatball - i had my eye on that sheik, you keep practicing and i hope to see you again soon
13: Beeeeeeeeees - did we play at all this tourney? i dont think so...well nice hanging out with you at fridays and on the way back etc. when we gonna play LoL?

hippy - ill team with you next time, since you where the 2nd to say you would team with me, if u wanna practice sometime get ahold of me and ill let you know when im free etc (this goes for everyone for that matter)
adam - thx for giving us a ride to Fridays and being fun to talk to over dinner, also thx for the ride home after. to bad you slept the whole damn tourney and didnt play me!
ckit - thx for the support during the tourney and the advice the night before.
hope to see everyone again soon, and ggs etc to anyone i missed (i dont think i did, i think adam was the only person who didnt enter)

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
1: Little England - Thanks for calming me down in teams, it helped. I'm feeling enthused to practice alot more, but now school is starting =/ Drunken crews were too hype.
2: Goosefactor - Good you could make it this weekend Mattson. I don't think we played any singles this weekend (probably the way you perferred it XD). No Catan :(
3: Kirkq - Kirkqoobs and his surprise guests! Good set in bracket, hopefully you will john around with us before you sail around the world in Figaro Castle.
5: 'Fro - You were the person I was most excited/dreading to play in tourny. Unforunately we didn't :( Friday night was ****ing awesome until the very end. I wish Anthony's mom threw that bottle out XD.
5: Voorhese - Good set in singles and good stuff wrecking in teams. Get owned by Nine Irish though.
7: Timerbomb - Good stuff in teams you we beating on me.
7: Blake - I think we only got to play those friendlies at the beginning of the day, but I'm glad you guys made the trip. If you ever want to come again and need housing, just hit me and Jason up!
9: 666 - Same as Blake and good games in pools.
9: Fat ***** - You make me crack up everytime I see you.
9: DeezNutz Hangin' From It - Good to see you again DJ, you best be wearing those stunna shades next tourny.
9: Chris Is Paper, Formerly Jesus Omega - Chill as ****
13: Jacob - Good to see you at the tourny Jacob, or should I say Mr. Shyguy. Fun hanging out this weekend.
13: MrH - Sorry to hear that you were down after pools, but fun hanging out this weekend. We should definitely play "Operation" again sometime and I think I owe you some flossers ;)
13: Meatball - Good to see you enter the tourny and good games in pools. Keep it up.
13: Beeeeeeeeees - Breeeeetttt! Practice that Sheik son. I've been told she is a pretty good character :p
0: Anthony- Fun weekend. This was definitely an awesome SSBO to start off the year and another successful Friday night :p
9001: Drunken Crew Battle- 2222222Hype
80085: George- liquid johns XDDDDDDD

Also, Skylar I think the people you don't know on this list are people from "Not Purdue". Jacob/Mr. Shyguy lives Lafayette and is the only new crew member.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I wish I could have been there. :( Sept 10 looks hopeful though. ANd I'd be interested if anyone wants to smash tonight. Text me.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
What's up all Mr. Shyguy has arrived!!!
Oh man! **** just got real!

2: Goosefactor -didnt play
Umm...>_<

2: Goosefactor - Good you could make it this weekend Mattson. I don't think we played any singles this weekend (probably the way you perferred it XD). No Catan :(
Heh, nah, I enjoy playing witcha, well, for the most part. :p

9001: Drunken Crew Battle- 2222222Hype
OMG

Fun times this weekend, guys! It was nice finally meeting back up with all the out of town noobz that left us during the Summer. Speaking of the seasons, Fall has popped its ugly-*** head up this week. :(

ORLY

Smash Master
what the eff dudes i've had the 10th reserved for weeks

don't make me tell a mod on you

(aren't some of you guys coming to my tournament anyway?)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
when will you guys shut the **** up?

btw, started playing Melee again. My Falco is too good.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Also, Skylar I think the people you don't know on this list are people from "Not Purdue". Jacob/Mr. Shyguy lives Lafayette and is the only new crew member.
Rofl, he was one of the ones I actually knew. But Meatball, Chris is Paper, fat (censored), 666, and blake are all alien to me. Rofl and I only know timerbomb because he posts on the forums and asked someone to bring him a case of water that one time.

Also ... voorhese is apparently a bronie,
and Carl is playing something other than Katarina.
My universe is on pretty shaky grounds.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hahaha, Skylar, your posts always have a unique way of making me smile when I read them (no homo [and by no homo I mean homo]).

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO LIX Moved to September 17

Alright, public service announcement time, Dew Crew. Due to various circumstances, SSBO LIX is now rescheduled to next Saturday, September 17. The remainder of the schedule is still the same. Also, please note that removal of pausing has been added to the ruleset. And yeah, that's about it; if there are any questions, feel free to PM one of our TO's.

EDIT: Iggy's Stupid Rule remains for the history books.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Can we have massive shenanigans instead this weekend? I have some stuff I'd really love to forget about and nothing does it better than goofing off and playing videogames where a dinosaur has almost no hope of defeating a small mammal and a balloon is more resiliant than a gorilla.

BIG C

Smash Master
Alright, public service announcement time, Dew Crew. Due to various circumstances, SSBO LIX is now rescheduled to next Saturday, September 17. The remainder of the schedule is still the same. Also, please note that removal of pausing has been added to the ruleset. And yeah, that's about it; if there are any questions, feel free to PM one of our TO's.
I think I may put in an R/O at work and come down seeing as I get paid 3 days prior to. but we shall see.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yeah, definitely keep us updated, Big C!

Also, coincidentally, after talking about The Lion King this weekend, I saw a preview for it showing that it's coming out in 3D. However, after the conversation about it the other day, I dunno if I'll ever be able to watch it in the same innocent light ever again. >_<

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
So me and Jason plan on going to the Smash to the Future thing on Saturday, and are wondering if anyone else would want to come. We would be living Saturday morning and coming back Saturday night. Just post or text me if you want to go. Also bring gas money but leave those johns at home.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I actually would've CONSIDERED it, but I have plans this weekend. :/ Hmm, so yeah, kinda a pointless post I just made, lol.

Top Bottom