• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Please enlighten me.

and then stop johnning, get here, and MM me.
yo chill kirk, it's playful trash talking
believe me, if there was anyway for me to cease the johns and show up, I'd be there. I will cash battle you next time I see you if you want but don't get all serious business on me, it's no fun that way.

DoctorBendz

Smash Cadet
@DEEZ NUTZ

Sorry I didn't make it out today =[. Last night was a friend's birthday party, and I made the mistake of drinking on an empty stomach -> I got much more drunk then I thought I would from what I drank ->I don't remember what happened last night -> I didn't wake up early enough to get there in time today, and I'm not in the best driving condition =/. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. I'll come out to the next one for sure.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XLI Results

Doubles Results (5 teams)
1: Where the **** is Biggy!? (Jayford + Kirkq) ($40.00)
2: Mexicansomething (Lanceinthepants + Goosefactor) ($10.00)

3: Trail Got 4-Stocked (iamthemicrowave + A.C._Burito)
4: Blargggg!! (Bees + Rintin-tin)
5: Donkey PooPoo Punch (CNN + DeezNutZ)

Singles Results (12 players)
1: Kirkq ($36.00)
2: LooseActor ($18.00)
3: DracoFox ($6.00)

4: iamthemicrowave
5: Lavos
5: A.C._Burito
7: ATP
7: Jayford
9: Franceintheants
9: CN-N--
9: MRAAAWWRGH (Bees)
9: DeeZNutZ

Our next tournament, SSBO XLII, will be held at noon (the original time) on Saturday, April 10 at the usual venue, Tark. Also, I've been considering changing the semifinals set length to best 3/5 instead of 2/3 as that seems to be an emerging trend in today's tournaments. Any comments, agreements, or disagreements regarding this matter would be appreciated.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
i have no problems with 3/5 semi's mostly cuz i'll never reach there lol. And f*ck i got so into bowser's castle in the smb wii that i missed ther tourney. =\ good news though i got mario laid on a hot air balloon.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
good **** draco
I didn't expect this at all, but thank you very much Soap.

GGs everyone! After the long *** break from the game I was worried that I wouldn't of done so well, but **** it was a lot of fun. And thank you Kirk for the free entry fee and letting me keep the money.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Doubles Results (5 teams)
1: Where the **** is Biggy!? (Jayford + Kirkq) ($40.00)
2: Mexicansomething (Lanceinthepants + Goosefactor) ($10.00)

3: Trail Got 4-Stocked (iamthemicrowave + A.C._Burito)
4: Blargggg!! (Bees + Rintin-tin)
5: Donkey PooPoo Punch (CNN + DeezNutZ)

Singles Results (12 players)
1: Kirkq ($36.00)
2: LooseActor ($18.00)
3: DracoFox ($6.00)

4: iamthemicrowave
5: Lavos
5: A.C._Burito
7: ATP
7: Jayford
9: Franceintheants
9: CN-N--
9: MRAAAWWRGH (Bees)
9: DeeZNutZ

Our next tournament, SSBO XLII, will be held at noon (the original time) on Saturday, April 10 at the usual venue, Tark. Also, I've been considering changing the semifinals set length to best 3/5 instead of 2/3 as that seems to be an emerging trend in today's tournaments. Any comments, agreements, or disagreements regarding this matter would be appreciated.
lol where are all the scrubs that said they were gonna show??

*cough* bigy *cough*

kirkq

Smash Ace
Kirkq vs Goose

1-2 Winner's Semis
3-2 Grand Finals
3-2 Grand Finals
1-4 Challenge Match

Noobtractor, you've gotten so much better these past few months. Honestly, I was on top of my game up until the challenge match. (where I wasn't playing poorly by any stretch.)

Seriously, my tech was on point for the whole bracket. I'm usually not able to pull off the waveland shenaniganry on stories like I was. You've gotten a ton better at edgeguarding, and now you seem to be able to match me with 3 characters. You shouldn't be losing to a noob like me.

Goose2Good.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Kirkq vs Goose

1-2 Winner's Semis
3-2 Grand Finals
3-2 Grand Finals
1-4 Challenge Match

Noobtractor, you've gotten so much better these past few months. Honestly, I was on top of my game up until the challenge match. (where I wasn't playing poorly by any stretch.)

Seriously, my tech was on point for the whole bracket. I'm usually not able to pull off the waveland shenaniganry on stories like I was. You've gotten a ton better at edgeguarding, and now you seem to be able to match me with 3 characters. You shouldn't be losing to a noob like me.

Goose2Good.
dayumm goose you have humbled the kirkq

well done

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
@DEEZ NUTZ

Sorry I didn't make it out today =[. Last night was a friend's birthday party, and I made the mistake of drinking on an empty stomach -> I got much more drunk then I thought I would from what I drank ->I don't remember what happened last night -> I didn't wake up early enough to get there in time today, and I'm not in the best driving condition =/. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. I'll come out to the next one for sure.
its cool man just get at me if your going to show sometime

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Kirkq vs Goose

1-2 Winner's Semis
3-2 Grand Finals
3-2 Grand Finals
1-4 Challenge Match

Goose2Good.
Thanks Kirk. This means a lot coming from you.

Heh, it takes so much work playing against you, that I simultaneously enjoy and despise it. I do wanna clarify though that being able to match you with 3 characters is saying a bit much. We both know that if you stayed Falco, my Fox would've gotten wrecked, and that what happened in the Falco dittos probably won't be repeated (especially since you weren't even at the top of your game during the challenge match).

I can't say though that I totally agree with how I shouldn't be losing to you. You've always been a consistent player who practically never makes mistakes that I can take advantage of, and you never fail to capitalize on any mistake on my part, no matter how minor it is. YOU may be wondering why I'm still losing to you, but for these said reasons, it's still no surprise to me.

Thanks again, dud.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Sooooooo..... Would you cool crew people want to hold an off-week tourney this Saturday? I wouldn't mind running a dollar tourney as well as a free shenanigan-based one. If you're up for it, Tark people, please have the room booked. I need to get back into the fold.

Also, Goose, get rolled by not finishing one measley burrito.

voorhese

Smash Master
i also would not mind coming down this weekend for some smash, i havent played in awhile
also have been playing marth more than anything, so that will be interesting to see how he does.

kirkq

Smash Ace
You've always been a consistent player who practically never makes mistakes that I can take advantage of
Like that match where I mis-forward-B'd like 4 times and managed to not kill myself or put myself in a bad position? Game shark, son. I'll teach you. My tech is like a controlled train wreck. Even I don't know what's coming next half the time. xD

i also would not mind coming down this weekend for some smash, i havent played in awhile
also have been playing marth more than anything, so that will be interesting to see how he does.
I could make 4 sentences out of this.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, Goose, get rolled by not finishing one measley burrito.
I'm just surprised that I even attempted to eat one o_0.

Like that match where I mis-forward-B'd like 4 times and managed to not kill myself or put myself in a bad position? Game shark, son. I'll teach you.
Heh, after the very sentence that you quoted, I literally had in parentheses "I'll forget about the single match that had 3 unintentional forwward-b's :p," but decided to take it out. But it was four and not three? I guess I was giving you too much credit, lol.

BunBun

Smash Master
Like that match where I mis-forward-B'd like 4 times and managed to not kill myself or put myself in a bad position? Game shark, son. I'll teach you. My tech is like a controlled train wreck. Even I don't know what's coming next half the time. xD
Haha that's a pretty awesome way to describe it. Have the tournaments gotten a bit more exciting for you?

Top Bottom