• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4 Music Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha nice, The fight with Seymour is pretty cool. :-)

If anyone is willing to bring them in, there's a lot of music to be taken from the DKCs and some of the older Mario games, Terranigma (my favourite songs of all time come from my favourite game of all time, how appropriate! ;) ), Chrono Trigger, some of the older Final Fantasies, Donald Duck Maui Mallard, Secret of Evermore, FF X, Earthbound, SM 64, LoZ: OoA and OoS, LoZ: aLttP, Yoshi's island (think mini-boss battle, story box and final battle, among others), a bunch from kirby, all of the pokemon series (good tracks to be found in different places, violet city anyone?), Secret of Mana and a few from Metroid.

I should know, i'm the authority on music 'round here...

... J/ks. I did put up a lot of music on the old thread though, if that qualifies for anything. :p

Laughing time is over, so get started.... mwahahaha!

But in all seriousness if anyone's willing to look in to those i'd be truly grateful. I'll getcha started with a couple tracks:

Pokemon Gold/Silver: Violet city

Pokemon red/blue: Gym leader battle!

Others from pokemon can be found easily. Terranigma is harder but look a bit and you shall find. Some of the remastered themes are incredible, literally. This is an okay tune for me in the game but this version almost puts it at the top of my favourite VGM's of all time:

Terranigma: Sadness (Remastered)

Still, my favourite VGM of all time is probably the original track... and it's this.

Terranigma: A hero's final day

By the by, for any of you who haven't played it, terranigma is a stunning game. It's graphics are similar to that of Chrono Trigger's (it was a SNES game so actually pretty good graphics for it's time), it's storyline is absolutely amazing, it's gameplay solid and beautiful music to compliment. One of the few games I cried on because of how truly tragic it is. And yet... feelin' good.

Anyway, i'll leave that for you. Enjoy! :)

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Each character should have their own unique victory theme.

Like Ganon having his theme (they made the zelda theme all fruity in Brawl, didnt fit ganon)

and maybe if they really dont have a unique theme, they could alter the style like what they did with Metaknight's theme.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Each character should have their own unique victory theme.

Like Ganon having his theme (they made the zelda theme all fruity in Brawl, didnt fit ganon)

and maybe if they really dont have a unique theme, they could alter the style like what they did with Metaknight's theme.
actually, when facing Ganon to unlock him, the song "Hidden Mountain & Forest" played. His character roll theme (after finishing Classic or All-Star) was "Gerudo Valley". both of these themes fit him. The first sounds evil and the second, well... he's the Gerudo King after all.

also, Ganondorf's theme appared in the Song of Storms remix.

but I agree they could put his theme as a standalone music or one of his battle themes that usually include his theme (not in Ocarina of Time, but Wind Waker and Twilight Princess do it). but Ocarina's Ganondorf boss battle theme would do it nicely.

EDIT: I didn't notice it was about victory themes. My bad. That said, yes, I do agree with different variations of the same victory theme for different characters, like they did with Meta Knight.

in fact, this was planned in Brawl: there are empty music files for victory themes for all characters in Brawl. But for example, the file labelled Mario is used for all Mario characters, despite existing empty files for Luigi, Peach and Bowser. Same happens with Zelda series, only Link's is used, but there are files for Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link. in Kirby's case, Kirby's file is used for Kirby and Dedede, but Meta Knight's is used for MK himself. another curious aspect is for the Fire Emblem and EarthBound characters: the empty files are labeled Ike and Lucas, with Marth's and Ness's files being used for the aforementioned characters. Interesting facts, no?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't really like double posting, but there's more music I'd like to add to this... already quite big compendium of Nintendo music we all love... why, because this is absolute art and it's an absolute shame that more people don't recognize as such. if only they sold video game OSTs like in Japan...

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Lightning Chariot Base

Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 - Rival Battle

Pokémon Black / White - Victory Road - also appears in B2/W2.

is it just me or some of Nintendo's more recent games (this year and the last one) had really memorable soundtracks? I mean, we got gems like Zelda: Skyward Sword, Pokémon BW/B2W2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
yeah, if Team Galactic's theme was in Brawl, why not put Team Plasma's? they could remix it, combining both BW and B2W2 versions in one new arrangement. it'd be epic.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I recall suggesting a tune that would fit ganon. It was Twilight princess' hyrule castle. Starts off with a simple melody and gets more elaborate as you go along. I believe that was in the back-room, however.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here are a couple of battle tracks from Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Overall, I'm enjoying the jazzy vibe from the songs. The second song sounds like a mix between the first two Paper Mario's.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Battle Theme
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Mini-boss Battle

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here are a couple of battle tracks from Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Overall, I'm enjoying the jazzy vibe from the songs. The second song sounds like a mix between the first two Paper Mario's.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Battle Theme
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Mini-boss Battle
Yay for HD-versions!! And I wholeheartedly agree: maybe not fitting to battle but like battles are necessary in this game so going to them will always feel like a blast with these kind of themes on.

DekuTree

Smash Rookie
I know it's there already, but I support the Skyward Sword soundtrack above all others. Simply godlike...

Also the Kid Icarus soundtrack is very, very good.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey! I've been snooping aroudn on @Sora_Sakurai's Twitter, and I discovered this:

I think this is as good an indication as any that orchestrated remixes are returning. Which is good, considering the more recent songs might just be ported over in their original form, since they're already rather high quality.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I presume that a decent portion of the songs from Brawl will be in the next game, along with a lot of original remixes.

But honestly though, some of the new songs don't even need a remix considering the majority of them would of been from more recent iterations of varies franchises out there.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
We need Robotnik's theme. And Robotnik.

Also Lava Reef 1 and Death Egg.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey! I've been snooping aroudn on @Sora_Sakurai's Twitter, and I discovered this:

I think this is as good an indication as any that orchestrated remixes are returning. Which is good, considering the more recent songs might just be ported over in their original form, since they're already rather high quality.
if that's true, then we have very good news.

which composers will be in charge of the soundtrack? the same as KI:U, who also worked in Brawl? or maybe Sakurai will do the same as Brawl and hire a lot of composers...

considering what Brawl did with music, it would be a shame not doing the same thing for SSB4. I liked the whole idea behind the My Music feature.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seeing that pic somehow fills me with soothing enlightment. Such a great news. I hope they can keep the music style as consistent as Melee did because I still love to go back to that one and it feels having a core theme behind it's composes.

Also *gasp*, I started to think how they'd arrange the orchestral themes from the last games with a similar style (Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Fire Emblems and so on). Maan, it makes me hype a bit now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seeing that pic somehow fills me with soothing enlightment. Such a great news. I hope they can keep the music style as consistent as Melee did because I still love to go back to that one and it feels having a core theme behind it's composes.

Also *gasp*, I started to think how they'd arrange the orchestral themes from the last games with a similar style (Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Fire Emblems and so on). Maan, it makes me hype a bit now.
I can see what you mean with Melee having a consistent style, but one of the aspects that I liked in Brawl was precisely the variety of its huge soundtrack.

if they orchestrate like Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword and even Kid Icarus: Uprising... we're having on gem of a soundtrack.

Namco's sound team will likely handle this. but I'd like if Nintendo was involved as well.

grizby2

Smash Lord
the Mother series is in dire need of good battle themes.
those games were rpg's.. why in the name of pork did they NOT add any?! :mad:

any way..

MOTHER 3 - Serious
MOTHER 3 - Natural Killer Cyborg
MOTHER 3/Earthbound -and Roll (Spicy)/New Age Retro HippieRock
Earthbound - Battle Against a Machine
Earthbound - Kraken of the Sea
EarthBound - Sanctuary Guardian
(would LOVE it to sound more like THIS)

Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island - Big Bad Baby Bowser
SUper Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island - Big Boss

Donkey Kong Land - Bad Boss Boogie
Donkey Kong Country - Mine Cart Madness
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Krook's March
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Stilt Village

just naming a few. :bee:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've got an healthy dose of Mario Golf music for ya. for a golf game, this series has epic music, which is no wonder once you know it's composed by Motoi Sakuraba (Tales series, Golden Sun series, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Smash Bros. Brawl).

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Shifting Sands (Tournament)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Shifting Sands (Stroke Play) - one of my favorite VGM ever
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Skins Match - tell me if this isn't epic!
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Award Ceremony / Sudden Death
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Cheep Cheep Falls (Stroke Play)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Cheep Cheep Falls (Tournament)
Mario Golf: Advance Tour - Marion Course
Mario Golf: Advance Tour - Elf's Short Course

... and I think those are enough. But, you want to check out the rest of the soundtracks anyway.

TheBluAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, ooh, Love And Marriage by Frank Sinatra A.K.A. the Married With Children theme would be a perfect fit for SSB4.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Guardians Awakening

another music from Skyward Sword... this one plays in the Silent Realms when the Guardians spot you. this one is quite intense and I think it would fit in Smash Bros. well.

EDIT: wanted to put another song...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Credits

Zelda soundtracks are just epic.

pasta1236

Smash Rookie
all of the battle music from Golden Sun 2 is amazing. i think it would also be cool if the game had real instrument covers of classic nintendo songs in the soundtrack. lets be real, everyone loves listening to those youtube covers. well, the good ones anyway...

Shirekeldeo7

Smash Cadet
My ideas are
Super Mario Galaxy Gusty Garden Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy Purple Comet
New Super Mario Bros 2 Athletic theme
Mario Kart 7 Neo Bowser City
Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Middle boss battle
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Epona's Song
Melee Fourside
Melee Saria's Song
Melee Yoshi's Island
Brawl Underground theme (Mushroomy stage)
New Super Mario Bros 2 Forest level
Super Mario 64 Hazy Maze Cave
Mario Kart 64 Bowser's Castle
Sonic Adventure 2 City Escape
Pokemon Emerald Rival Battle
Pokemon Black and White Battle against sword of justice
Sonic the hedgehog Sunset Hill zone
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass Final Boss Battle
Yoshi's Island Big Boss
Yoshi'd Island Fortress theme
Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen trainer battle
Brawl Yoshi's Island
Sonic Riders Babylon Garden/Sky Road

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android

-Micaiah's Dawn (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn)
-Lord Ghirahim (Zelda Skyward Sword)
-Ghirahim Battle Theme Version 1 (Zelda Skyward Sword)
-Ghirahim Battle Theme Version 2 (Zelda Skyward Sword)
-Ghirahim Battle Theme Version 3 (Zelda Skyward Sword)
-Groose's Theme Version 1 (Zelda Skyward Sword)
-Groose's Theme Version 2 (Zelda Skyward Sword)
-Sin & Punishment Star Successor Main Menu Theme
-Battle Theme (Golden Sun Dark Dawn)
-Isaac's Battle Theme [Tutorial] (Golden Sun Dark Dawn)
-Basic (Custom Robo Arena)
-Stonecarving City Theme (Wario Land Shake It)
-Douchuumen (Nazo No Murasamajo)
-Punchout Theme (Punchout Wii)
-Ridley's Theme (Metroid Other M)
-Engage The Enemy (Xenoblade)
-Gaur Plains (Xenoblade)
-Mechanical Rhythm (Xenoblade)
-Mechonis Field (Xenoblade)
-Title Theme (Xenoblade)
-Tragic Decision (Xenoblade)
-You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade)
-Unfinished Battle (Xenoblade)
-One Who Gets In Our Way (Xenoblade)
-Satorl, the Shimmering Marsh (Xenoblade)
-The God-Slaying Sword (Xenoblade)
-To One's Own Future (Xenoblade)
-Vision Reacts (Xenoblade)
-Magnus's Theme (Kid Icarus Uprising)
-The One Who Rules All (Last Story)
-Catenae Fortunae [Dies Irae] (Pandora's Tower)
-N.M.H. (No More Heroes)
-Cashmere Cannon Ball (No More Heroes)
-Battle Theme (Super Bomberman)
-Dracula's Tear (Castlevania)
-Central Highway Theme (Mega-Man X)
-Storm Eagle (Mega-Man X)
-Armored Armadillo (Mega-Man X)
-Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega-Man 2)

I could easily name more, especially Xenoblade.

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
Super Mario Bros.:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Castle/Boss*

The Legend of Zelda:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Vs. Ganondorf

Metroid:
Metriod Prime: Hunters - Opening/Prologue
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Vs. Omega Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby Super Star Ultra - Masked Dedede

Star Fox:
Star Fox: Assault - Meteo
Star Fox: Assault - [urlAparoid Blitz

Pokémon:
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Vs. Ho-Oh
Pokémon Black/White - The King's Last Battle*
Pokémon Black 2/White 2 - Champion Medley **

Mother/Earthbound:
EarthBound - Sanctuary Guardian
EarthBound/Mother 3 - Saturn Valley*
Mother 3 - Pigmask March*
Mother 3 - Master Porky's Theme

Pikmin:
Pikmin - Beady Long Legs
Pikmin 2 - Piklopedia
Pikmin 2 - High Score

* Notes mashup (like the track Dialga/Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar! or Castle/Boss Fortress)
** Notes a medley (like the track Boss Theme Medley)

This is all I have for now, will come back with more!

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
lets see here i'll try some Zelda tracks
Zelda: Twilight Princess - Zant battle(dubstep bro) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOXc52tPIk
Ganondorf Battle - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjEwQeGAEU
Zelda Wind Waker music - Ganondorf battle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKltOpt4iac
Majora's Mask - Final Hours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8 with bells guys!
Stone Tower Temple - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_NK5HgR6Q
Let's Listen: Zelda - The Minish Cap - Boss Battle Theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6UHf40ykE
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker MiniBoss - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OLvAlP9g6M ( has the hit things at like 1:06)
Zelda: The Wind Waker - Gohdam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvknfWDkFZg

Top Bottom