• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4. Official Final Names Revealed

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Lots of news coming in!

Since Nintendo's broadcast earlier this week, many have wondered what names would be assigned to the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros. With Melee and Brawl subtitles already used, would the new games keep the fighting spirit? Scuffle? Skirmish? In this case, series creator Masahiro Sakurai is thinking in simpler terms - the two games are called Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
Kind of simple, but now we know.
Stay tuned to more from my conversation with Masahiro Sakurai as soon as I can possibly type it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-final-names-revealed

Simple. It works.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeahhh, I figured. I don't like it, though. Especially because I actually kind of want them to make another Smash game before the Wii U's lifespan has expired, and that makes the name a little confusing.
(unlikely that will happen, of course, but I do feel like the gap in between games is excessively long.)

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
Yeah okay. I still think Super Smash Bros. Mayhem would've been a nice name.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I guess I'll abbreviate them as SSBU and SSB3DS then. Boring, but whatever.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not worried bout the name. I just want to know how the game plays, the mechanics, and looking forward to better balance in the game compared to Brawl. After all, like with the typical graphics stereotype, the name doesn't make a game good... well it can, but gameplay and balance means much more.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm not worried bout the name. I just want to know how the game plays, the mechanics, and looking forward to better balance in the game compared to Brawl. After all, like with the typical graphics stereotype, the name doesn't make a game good... well it can, but gameplay and balance means much more.
Brawl wasn't terribly balanced though. Except for Metaknight and Ganondorf (and some of the other bottom parts of the cast), the bottom characters weren't that far away from the higher tier characters imo.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I was looking for a way to distinguish which one you'd be talking about when you mentioned the game. It looks like it's easy to distinguish, but not in the way I thought :O

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
At first I felt like I was being trolled but then I realized it actually makes sense.
Why?

Because when you say:"Super Smash Bros. for" is EXACTLY like you were saying:"Super Smash Bros. 4"!

4 -> FOUR -> for

Do you get it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At first I felt like I was being trolled but then I realized it actually makes sense.
Why?

Because when you say:"Super Smash Bros. for" is EXACTLY like you were saying:"Super Smash Bros. 4"!

4 -> FOUR -> for

Do you get it?
It's like saying Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS and Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U. Puns in the titles.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
Yeahhh, I figured. I don't like it, though. Especially because I actually kind of want them to make another Smash game before the Wii U's lifespan has expired, and that makes the name a little confusing.
(unlikely that will happen, of course, but I do feel like the gap in between games is excessively long.)

If we're being real, I doubt the Wii U will have too long a life. I wouldn't worry.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Brawl wasn't terribly balanced though. Except for Metaknight and Ganondorf (and some of the other bottom parts of the cast), the bottom characters weren't that far away from the higher tier characters imo.

ask Bowser/DK mains what they thought about DDD's infinite

Mfletcher

Smash Rookie
who said meta knight was a bad character? dude kicked ass...

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Just gonna call it Smash Dimensions and Universe like someone else said.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm thinking Universe or Dimensions :T and I also want Lucas back ._.

Top Bottom