• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Gameplay Videos [Updated September 12: Final Build Footage]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
SSB4 looking better than ever! Looks like that AT will give mobility and abilities similar to dashdancing and wavedashing. Namely, being able to move in short bursts (dashing) but being able to perform moves in standing-position. While not being as extreme as Melee.

I feel that a much more natural and better name though would be Pivot Cancel. Turnaround Cancel sounds clumsy, long, and dumb. I wonder why he wants to name it that instead of Pivot? He does know the word Pivot as he uses it later in the video's subs.

I don't know how I feel about having to perform this tech a lot as it seems very basic and important, I think it sounds weird having to always turnaround if I want to do a standing move after dashing forward xD Because of this, I wonder if this was an AT that was created intentionally? Because I feel like if it were intentional, he woulda just made it so that the ending animation of dashes was really short so that you could simply dash into a standing move, instead of having to dash, pivot, then turn around and do a standing move.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I'd only have to do it for forward dashes. Backwards dashes would feel very natural. Perhaps Sakurai is OK with adding some tech skill as he wants to appeal to all audiences this time!

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
SSB4 looking better than ever! Looks like that AT will give mobility and abilities similar to dashdancing and wavedashing. Namely, being able to move in short bursts (dashing) but being able to perform moves in standing-position. While not being as extreme as Melee.

I feel that a much more natural and better name though would be Pivot Cancel. Turnaround Cancel sounds clumsy, long, and dumb. I wonder why he wants to name it that instead of Pivot? He does know the word Pivot as he uses it later in the video's subs.

I don't know how I feel about having to perform this tech a lot as it seems very basic and important, I think it sounds weird having to always turnaround if I want to do a standing move after dashing forward xD Because of this, I wonder if this was an AT that was created intentionally? Because I feel like if it were intentional, he woulda just made it so that the ending animation of dashes was really short so that you could simply dash into a standing move, instead of having to dash, pivot, then turn around and do a standing move.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I'd only have to do it for forward dashes. Backwards dashes would feel very natural. Perhaps Sakurai is OK with adding some tech skill as he wants to appeal to all audiences this time!
I made a thread about this. It seems like some big stuff.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...-new-movement-technique.361665/#post-17104003

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
@ Hong Hong , I think that for the Greninja trailer you should do something similar to what you did for Robin/Lucina's trailer and make it both Greninja and Charizard's trailer. Also, you could add Captain Falcon to Robin and Lucina's trailer. It's not really that important, though.

Hong

The Strongest
@ Hong Hong , I think that for the Greninja trailer you should do something similar to what you did for Robin/Lucina's trailer and make it both Greninja and Charizard's trailer. Also, you could add Captain Falcon to Robin and Lucina's trailer. It's not really that important, though.
I had considered that. On one hand, they're not newcomers. Neither is Sonic, but the whole thing is about him.

I'll see to it when I have time. Thanks. :>

Hong

The Strongest
Alright darlings. :D Also added the two directs as well.

Hong

The Strongest
Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Added videos from Nintendo World Report. Today they uploaded an alright sample of the menu music. They also have e3 footage that has direct audio from the 3DS, so it's a good chance to appreciate how the game will sound. I'll post it below for your convenience.
Do we know if anyone is going to record the tournament on YouTube for the tournament for SDCC? Because that will need to go here.

Hong

The Strongest
Do we know if anyone is going to record the tournament on YouTube for the tournament for SDCC? Because that will need to go here.
I know a lot of people recorded the invitational, so I hope there will be people who record this one as well, even if it's not as hyped up. I hope I can get at least the top 8 when the time comes.

Hong

The Strongest
Hello everyone!

If you missed the SDCC Smash for 3DS tournament, I have good news! The broadcast is already archived. I made a timecode that cuts straight to the semi-finals and skips a rather dragged out campy match. You can jump straight to the good stuff by clicking here.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hello everyone!

If you missed the SDCC Smash for 3DS tournament, I have good news! The broadcast is already archived. I made a timecode that cuts straight to the semi-finals and skips a rather dragged out campy match. You can jump straight to the good stuff by clicking here.
This is amazing, as I missed the last part of the stream. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this here Hong :)

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm a little hesitant to watch my own set.
Hahaha, me too! My first set was awful. Afterwards the next 3 games I did really really well. Curse you/good job for putting me out Larry!

Hong

The Strongest
Credit to @Krysco for archiving these vids in a safe place.

The leaked footage of Bowser Jr and Shulk
I had been thinking about whether or not to add those, actually.

Ultimately, I think I will. information is information, and this thread is supposed to be helpful. I added the Japanese commercial for the 3DS as well.

Thank you.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
"[Updated September 2, Leaked Footage]"
Where is this leaked footage? I can't find it. =S

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Added the missing Japanese commercial, as well as the new one from today.

"[Updated September 2, Leaked Footage]"
Where is this leaked footage? I can't find it. =S
It's a mistake with the title. Nothing added as far as leaks go since the ESRB thing.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
For anyone who just wants a huge block of SSB4 gameplay, theres a multitude of videos thats all the gameplay from SDCC or E3 on the Mario Party Legacy Youtube channel.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
There are a huge amount of videos on my channel that I've rescued from twitch - edited them, compoiled them, and organized them for easy viewing for the smash community. Hope you guys enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/CobbsGames/videos
I see you have Gema_yue fighting R.O.B as Ness. Do you have the last few minutes after s/he unlocked R.O.B? S/he showed all the icons s/he unlocked, and I really would like to see that.

Trami Nguyen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6947-5372-3303

Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS Video Thread

This thread is for compiling quality videos from both official and unofficial sources. You're free to submit any decent videos you find on the Internet, as well as submit your own.

[collapse="Character Trailers (Updated August 29, 2014)"][/collapse][collapse="Nintendo Direct (Last Update April 8, 2014)"][/collapse][collapse="Official Commercials and Trailers (Last Updated September 7, 2014) [NEW!]"]Japanese Commercial #1
Japanese Commercial #2
Japanese Commercial #3
Japanese Commercial #4 (Mii Fighter/AKB48) :colorful:
Features Trailer (Japanese)

[/collapse][collapse="ESRB Leak Videos (Last Updated August 26, 2014)"]Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5
Video of all the leaked footage combined
[/collapse][collapse="Official Tournaments (Last Update July 25, 2014)"]2014 SDCC Smash for 3DS Tournament Semi-Finals (Twitch Archive)
June 2014 Invitational Playlist[/collapse]
[collapse="e3 2014 (Last Updated June, 2014)"]Treehouse @ e3 2014
Wii U
Treehouse Official Preview Part 1
Treehouse Official Preview Part 2
Treehouse Unofficial Preview Part 3 (Last part courtesy of NinEverything)
3DS
Treehouse Official Preview Part 1
Treehouse Official Preview Part 2

[/collapse][collapse="Press, Media, Content Producers (Last Updated July 22, 2014)"]Videos courtesy of VGBootCamp
Character movesets Playlist
1v1 Playlist
Cool Tidbits and Discoveries Playlist

Videos courtesy of CLASH Tournaments
Smash Bros Wii U Singles Playlist
CT Chibo Plays Super Smash Bros for 3DS
CT Chibo Plays Super Smash Bros for Wii U
CT Chibo plays Greninja
Armada plays Smash 4
CT Chibo and Keitaro take on the People's Challenger
Smash Bros for Wii U Gameplay 01
Smash Bros for Wii U Gameplay 02
Smash Bros for Wii U Gameplay 03
CT Chibo Takes Nintendo's FFA Challenge with Greninja
CT Chibo (P4) and Crismas (P1) 01
Chibo (P2) and Crismas (P1) 02

Videos courtesy of Smash Bros Italia
Kirby Dair Combos
Smash DI demonstration
Pivot/Turnaround Cancel
Sentenza/me (Samus) vs Loci_AF (Bowser)
Loci_AF (Kirby) vs Unknown (Greninja)
Sentenza (Olimar) vs Loci_AF (Kirby)

Cobbs Games Playlist of all quality footage (Includes IGN, GameSpot, etc.)

Videos courtesy of Nintendo World Report
3DS & Wii U Menu Music (Partial Clip)
3DS & Wii U Playlist (Direct 3DS Audio!)[/collapse][collapse="User-Submitted Videos (Updated September 2, 2014)"]@@[USER=252426]Ezzelin[/USER]
Ezzelin's Gameplay Video

@Maj0ra
Maj0ra's Gameplay Video

@relaxedexcorcist
relaxedexcorcist's WiiU Gameplay Playlist
relaxedexcorcist's 3DS Gameplay Playlist

@DrizzyDrew
DrizzyDrew's Gameplay Video

@ B blakinola
PAX: Gbay99 vs Blakinota :colorful:[/collapse]
[collapse="Miscellaneous Videos (Updated July 20, 2014)"]BJ Plays as Zero Suit Samus (Japan Expo)
Sentenza (Marth) vs random people
Over 1 Hour of Wii U Footage (e3)
[/collapse]Videos marked with :colorful: are new.
Are you sure about that?

I like to see Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS this October and Holiday!

I can't see that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Conda Conda
Thanks! ^~^ I'll add those. Sorry for the late response. Barely home these days.

@ Trami Nguyen Trami Nguyen
Hey there. Try not to double post; use the Edit feature when you want to make additions to your post, instead. I''ve fixed it this time, but in the future, try to avoid it. Thanks. ^~^

That said, is there a problem? If you want to see the videos, click the "Toggle Spoiler" button, which functions as a drop-down list.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
@ Conda Conda
Thanks! ^~^ I'll add those. Sorry for the late response. Barely home these days.

@ Trami Nguyen Trami Nguyen
Hey there. Try not to double post; use the Edit feature when you want to make additions to your post, instead. I''ve fixed it this time, but in the future, try to avoid it. Thanks. ^~^

That said, is there a problem? If you want to see the videos, click the "Toggle Spoiler" button, which functions as a drop-down list.
Awesome! Yesterday and today have been really cathartic, a lot of thank yous and such. Love helping the community.

I see you have Gema_yue fighting R.O.B as Ness. Do you have the last few minutes after s/he unlocked R.O.B? S/he showed all the icons s/he unlocked, and I really would like to see that.
Sadly no, don't have that bit :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom