• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
NOOOOOPE. Close.

I mean hello her name is Princess there, why it would be Witch?

It's "Princess" from Magical Pop'n.
I'M ****ING STUPID ALRIGHT.

I hate it when character share similar designs. Also, been playing the hell out of Puyo Puyo doesn't help. I swear, I'm a man, don't look at me!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So... I think someone I know may have kidnapped their kid from their soon to be wife. She's going door to door asking if anyone has seen them and sped off insanely when we said we hadn't O_O

Why can't things just be quiet in this town...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My gosh. Just because a video game has cute characters or a childish charm does not mean it's only for girls (or younger players). Like, I still watch Elmo, Mr. Dressup, Polka Dot Shorts, The Banana Splits, etc etc 24/7 and does that mean I'm not an adult? NO! It means that I'm suck in some sort of time loop, wanting to live my innocent childhood days again and again by watching children shows/cartoons 24/7, locking myself in my room.

At any rate, I do like the vibes I'm getting from Smash 4. It seems so much more brighter and cheerful compared to Brawl. I think it's good that we got a change in atmosphere, y'know.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Corph, don't really take that statement by heart what ever you do. It was more of a jab at the stereotype that men hate anything that is cute.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Corph, don't really take that statement by heart what ever you do. It was more of a jab at the stereotype that men hate anything that is cute.
I think my avatar disproves that stereotype more than enough for everyone to know that it's bull****.

Reznor

work in progress
men hate cute thats why I picked jigglypuff as my avatar to anger me :awesome:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Men hate everything that's cute? So that means they hate Shota Roy?

Ohh it is sad day. :crying:

I kid, I kid. I was kinda exaggerating before. I wasn't offended or anything. :laugh: I should have been more clear. But seriously, please don't believe in stereotypes.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
You haven't had Umberto's sangria. Delicious

Also a little, uh, you know. Sorry.

Smoooth Criminal

Is that a brand? Due to ac"very fluid population" in my area, our stores all have tons of sections with various kinds of this stuff and people try to get me to try whatever for fun, still haven't liked any Sangria I've tasted.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
YES!!!! I finally caught that scorpion in New Leaf. Now I can start watching old TV shows and cartoons on Netflix at night again. :awesome:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
... I don't like people sometimes.

I have a question, if someone shows they lack knowledge on a subject, should people listen to them on same subject?

If the answer "you/it's ********" is the majority of an answer in the debate, should that person be listened to?

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman

I have a question, if someone shows they lack knowledge on a subject, should people listen to them on same subject?

If the answer "you/it's ********" is the majority of an answer in the debate, should that person be listened to?
Sounds like a smart man

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Well, if that's the majority of the debate itself, I'd probably drop the debate entirely, ha. Especially if it's an internet argument... not worth the aggravation, especially when it 100% won't convince the person.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sounds like a smart man
Politely nod your head, pretend your listening, and then proceed to give no ****s.

Works for customers at my job

Smooth Criminal
Well, if that's the majority of the debate itself, I'd probably drop the debate entirely, ha. Especially if it's an internet argument... not worth the aggravation, especially when it 100% won't convince the person.

The problem comes when this guy is apparently highly respected in the smash community in relation to crafting rules we play by. If that's the kinda people who make the ruleset we have to play on as majority rules kinda mentality sinks in... Then it's a HUGE issue.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

1. Depends. If you have little to no knowledge on a subject and you are listening to the person who also have little to no knowledge on the same subject, then you either listen to them or ignore them.

2. That answer pretty much tells you that that person believes he/she is right and you're wrong and there's no point trying to have a debate with them (kinda like conservatives vs. liberals).

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
The problem comes when this guy is apparently highly respected in the smash community in relation to crafting rules we play by. If that's the kinda people who make the ruleset we have to play on as majority rules kinda mentality sinks in... Then it's a HUGE issue.
Welcome to why I don't play competitively.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
diabeetus

Smooth Criminal
Prime Example:

That "thing" makes Boku no Pico look kid friendly.

Take what they say with a grain of salt unless you know they're absolutely wrong. If they say something is or you are stupid, then it's not worth your time. Of course, this coming from someone who wants to see a fight through the end with a victor.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Welcome to why I don't play competitively.

There needs to be more people who aren't like that so competitive play is enjoyable. People who refuse to ever see reason or ever think anything but what they say is true should not be making important decisions that effect people WITH reason. It's like a man telling women what their reproductive rights are when they lack the body parts to make proper decisions on the subject.

I now seriously want to build a team of soon to be smash 4 TOs and make things better this time.

Take what they say with a grain of salt unless you know they're absolutely wrong. If they say something is or you are stupid, then it's not worth your time. Of course, this coming from someone who wants to see a fight through the end with a victor.

I guess I can try. It still sucks those people have "the power" :/

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
then set up your own tourneys? I hate to sound callous, but if people wanna follow that guy's dictum, then who are you to say otherwise? I'm sure his reasoning isn't that bad.

hate to say it, but the likes of Jack Kieser are never, ever going to see items as a mainstay in tourneys. too much precedent there, and (in a lot of cases) good reason.

regardless, there is no right or wrong way to play this game on any level

@ kuma: damn you and your ponies

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom