• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I really don't want another Link alt incarnation clone.

Seeing some of the game releases on the horizon, I can see a new or veteran Pokemon rep, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Zelda, and maybe Wonder Red. I'm still hyped to see who comes from Fire Emblem, but that might be revealed alongside a bigger slew of characters.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Even tought I REALLY want paper mario in, I still think that it would be a great addition to have bowser jr but I don't think we will get 6 mario rep so I'm kind of neutral but I won't be sad I will still enjoy it just less than PM

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sakurai considers any form of Child Link to be the real Link, and regular Link isn't going anywhere. No matter what happens elsewhere, we're always going to get two Links.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
MvC3 is the second fighting game I got into (the first being Soul Calibur). I'm still learning all the ins and outs, and yeah, I'm having a very hard time adjusting. But I really like the characters and concept, so I don't think I'm giving up any time soon. even though it's been like months :laugh:

I might pick up BlazBlue sometime down the road...I'm not sure which game though...

It's interesting what will happen to the Mario series. I'm pretty content with the characters we have. Please don't **** on me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Mario come back, well, if he's semi-cloned (which he'd probably will be if he gets in) or revamped. But there are more popular requests like Bowser Jr. or the classic icon, Toad. Aww, man. I don't put too much effort into Mario newcomer predictions, since I'm fine with what we have.

I'm hoping we'll get a younger Link. I find that Young and Toon Link both brought some personality and charisma. Young Link's milk chug ftw!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I might pick up BlazBlue sometime down the road...I'm not sure which game though...
There is currently Continuum Shift Extend available in the West. However, the most recent installment, Chrono Phatasma won't be here until early next year.

It's interesting what will happen to the Mario series. I'm pretty content with the characters we have. Please don't **** on me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Mario come back, well, if he's semi-cloned (which he'd probably will be if he gets in) or revamped. But there are more popular requests like Bowser Jr. or the classic icon, Toad. Aww, man. I don't put too much effort into Mario newcomer predictions, since I'm fine with what we have.
Dr. Mario seems like one of those characters that'd be ideal as an "EX" character similar to NESTS Kyo in KOF 13.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really wish I played more fighting games than I currently do. Besides Smash, it's generally just whatever game my friends have when I visit them. I really like using Aqua Man in Injustice, though. :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope. These rugs right here are made with authentic tiger skin, imported from India. Not exactly something you'd call "cheap".
Hope the ICPO isn't on you for that. I highly doubt that's legal.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Belated fighting games discussion...

I've been really into Brawl lately than I normally am. I played MvC3 through Ultimate pretty avidly and it was through then that I started to get the fundamental mechanics of fighting games down. Also have Skullgirls (if the avatar didn't give it away) and I will play the game a lot more once they start releasing the DLC characters. Squigly looks like she'll be an interesting character!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been really intro Brawl lately than I normally am. I played MvC3 through Ultimate pretty avidly and it was through then that I started to get the fundamental mechanics of fighting games down. Also have Skullgirls (if the avatar didn't give it away) and I will play the game a lot more once they start releasing the DLC characters. Squigly looks like she'll be an interesting character!
wat

10wats

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
There is currently Continuum Shift Extend available in the West. However, the most recent installment, Chrono Phatasma won't be here until early next year.
Yeah, I was thinking about picking up Continuum Shift Extend. Would that be a good first game to get into? But is Chrono Phantasma really not going to come to the 360? It's a shame... I don't have a PS3 so I think I'll pass if it's PS3 exclusive.

Dr. Mario seems like one of those characters that'd be ideal as an "EX" character similar to NESTS Kyo in KOF 13.
I've seen this idea brought up before and I certainly wouldn't mind it. It could be an interesting, fresh new take on a character's moveset (as in, certain characters also get an EX mode).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Cap'n, with all due respect, Marvel is not the game you wanna learn your fundamentals in. Hell, I'd argue that Skullgirls isn't much better (even though its pacing is a little more, uh, moderate at times). Tag-based fighters (quiet, Kuma! I'm not talking about Tekken, lol) have a different set of fundamentals to work with than your traditional (or semi-traditional) fighter, on top of learning your (basic) 101s for footsies, zoning, poking/counterpoking, blockstrings, links, okizeme/wake-up...the list can go on.

You wanna start off simple-ish, like Kuma mentioned earlier on. Unlike Kuma, however, I believe a game like SF4 is good to learn your basics in. I guess 3S is a good starting point, but be forewarned that the parrying system is in a whole 'nother ballpark.

inb4 Kuma tells you to learn FG fundamentals playing Tekken

>_>

<_<

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Please elaborate.
Broken stuff everywhere, mid range game consisting of reducing the massive amounts of randomness, and the game is very heavy on momentum that it's simply too much.
Yeah, I was thinking about picking up Continuum Shift Extend. Would that be a good first game to get into? But is Chrono Phantasma really not going to come to the 360? It's a shame... I don't have a PS3 so I think I'll pass if it's PS3 exclusive.
It MIGHT come to the 360 for a Western release, but that's just my guess and nothing more.

You wanna start off simple-ish, like Kuma mentioned earlier on. Unlike Kuma, however, I believe a game like SF4 is good to learn your basics in. I guess 3S is a good starting point, but be forewarned that the parrying system is in a whole 'nother ballpark.

Smooth Criminal
My problem with SF4 is just that the stages are so big and the walk speed is not enough to compensate. Not only that, but the game simply isn't that fun at a low level. It's not until high level play that it becomes really fun.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
One thing though I will say that you should work more on anything else is to start with the mid-range game. Chun-Li is a really good example of this. I'd almost be willing to say to not start off with characters that extensively use fireballs as you'll get too comfortable with them.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Alright, I guess I have a lot to learn then. Maybe it was facetious wording on my part as well. What I meant to say by fundamentals was I had a general understanding of how it felt to play a fighting game. I was an impulse buyer of sorts for whatever hyped-up fighter was piquing my interests at the time. The MvC series certainly plays a whole another way to SF with its fast pace, momentum, and it feels a lot more... uh, spacious than a setting that seems more controlled like SF4. If anything, what do you recommend I do to improve myself? Please, I just try to relate to the topic here and enjoy my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom