• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Villager: I never thought that any one character would be able to beat out Captain Falcon when it comes to meme making.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Mii most likely confirmed, then? O happy day.

Wolf is pretty expendable, yeah, given how Star Fox has basically collapsed as a series over the past five or so years. He's not much of a clone, though, so he has that going for him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
So I see video game console debates and it is always Xbox one and PS4 but no one even acknowledges Wii U. Why is that? Wii was #1 in its generation.

Funny thing is I mentioned this on a blog, Wii is a lot better system for meeting girls because girls (in America at least) actually play it mainstream since they are mostly casual gamers and love Mario Kart/Wii Sports, etc. games. I am surprised Nintendo doesn't use that in advertising lol.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I honestly don't think Wolf's going to stick around. Of the people currently on the hypothetical chopping block (most people argue Lucas, Lucario, Wolf, Ike, and Snake), he seems the most expendable given his moveset. We basically have two semi-clones of Fox as it stands anyways.
He has the most separation from Fox. If anyone should go it should be Falco. I'm still for Wolf getting Assault armaments.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So I see video game console debates and it is always Xbox one and PS4 but no one even acknowledges Wii U. Why is that? Wii was #1 in its generation.

Funny thing is I mentioned this on a blog, Wii is a lot better system for meeting girls because girls (in America at least) actually play it mainstream since they are mostly casual gamers and love Mario Kart/Wii Sports, etc. games. I am surprised Nintendo doesn't use that in advertising lol.
"Video games: they get you laid" is an empty promise that not even Nintendo's entire PR department could fulfill. :laugh:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Haha... it would be funny though.

On a serious note, why such a disdain/disrespect for Nintendo by the general gaming community?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Assuming Mii gets revealed, I'm sure Sakurai will say something like "People often requested Miyamoto or Reggie as a character, so we did our best to incorporate the idea."

I hope Sakurai would look at the Mii as though it was an actual person inserted into the world of Smash. That'd be great. So many things to be both terrified and excited about for the little guy.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Assuming Mii gets revealed, I'm sure Sakurai will say something like "People often requested Miyamoto or Reggie as a character, so we did our best to incorporate the idea."

I hope Sakurai would look at the Mii as though it was an actual person inserted into the world of Smash. That'd be great. So many things to be both terrified and excited about for the little guy.
I just hope that they surprise me and come up with a way for the Mii to not look godawful next to actual character models.

Also, how are they going to handle the Mii's variable size? That would seem quite difficult to account for in balance.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just hope that they surprise me and come up with a way for the Mii to not look godawful next to actual character models.

Also, how are they going to handle the Mii's variable size? That would seem quite difficult to account for in balance.
Probably the same way as Villager with one set design. Except with the Mii you might be able to change its face.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...no word on Pac-Man, Little Mac or Mii yet?

The rumor said they would be revealed at E3 right?

Could he be wrong?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Most games usually don't, so I would imagine Smash wouldn't as well.

I bet they'll be dressed in their very own Smash fighting gi.

"We sent them an invitation, and they came dressed for the occasion."

Hoots

Can Be Combative
He has the most separation from Fox. If anyone should go it should be Falco. I'm still for Wolf getting Assault armaments.
I was arguing about this with my friends yesterday. I don't think there is ANY reason for cuts to Brawl's roster (Toon Link included). Every single character had merit and was important enough within their own franchise to be included (even Lucario). As far as cloning goes, Sakurai's sloppiness is no reason to axe characters like Wolf, who can easily be decloned. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think they should just build on top of Brawl's roster.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle

Could he be wrong?

Who said that?

Plus, I find it interesting how Villager is using punching gloves... Is that supposed to represent Little Mac like Balloon Fighter being a recovery for Villager too? But I would like to see Little Mac. Palutena HAS to be in this game now that they changed Pit's moveset that seems to hint at her inclusion.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Probably the same way as Villager with one set design. Except with the Mii you might be able to change its face.
Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of the Mii, though?

Could he be wrong?
It's not even noon at E3 yet. We'll have to wait a bit longer to see. I hope he's wrong.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Developer directs: maybe. Nintendo directs: don't expect a new one until at least late September.
Actually I'd expect one around July to correspond with the Wii U's big summer update.

Could he be wrong?
Yes, but with rumors you never know what can happen. I definitely believe him about the characters considering all of the evidence pointing to his credibility, but Sakurai might have decided to show them off at a later time. Or they might come later today. We don't know right now.

Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of the Mii, though?
Not in my opinion. But I don't care for them either way so my opinion might be less representative of the general public.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I was arguing about this with my friends yesterday. I don't think there is ANY reason for cuts to Brawl's roster (Toon Link included). Every single character had merit and was important enough within their own franchise to be included (even Lucario). As far as cloning goes, Sakurai's sloppiness is no reason to axe characters like Wolf, who can easily be decloned. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think they should just build on top of Brawl's roster.
The only reason for cuts is if it makes room for more interesting newcomers and more varied franchise representation, which certainly is a potential argument. I agree that every member of Brawl's roster does have merit, however.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Who said that?

Plus, I find it interesting how Villager is using punching gloves... Is that supposed to represent Little Mac like Balloon Fighter being a recovery for Villager too?
I said this yesterday but seems to be more representative of the NES games that were present on the Japanese version of the original Animal Crossing than a way to outright replace characters.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm finally able to post for some reason I couldn't get on the site yesterday.. honestly Villager is my favorite newcomer so far he's just too awesome.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Finally, someone who speaks English. That is exactly how I feel and why I don't understand people who want to ax up to 1/3 of the roster just so that way it can feel "fresher". Especially after Sakurai -- as far as we can tell -- has shown he is willing to change veteran's playstyles in this game.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Finally, someone who speaks English. That is exactly how I feel and why I don't understand people who want to ax up to 1/3 of the roster just so that way it can feel "fresher", especially after Sakurai -- as far as we can tell -- is willing to change veterans playstyles.
While I agree, I would also hope that people can understand why some individuals might want, say, Pokemon to lose one of its 6 reps so a completely unrepresented franchise that does deserve inclusion can get in.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Finally, someone who speaks English. That is exactly how I feel and why I don't understand people who want to ax up to 1/3 of the roster just so that way it can feel "fresher". Especially after Sakurai -- as far as we can tell -- has shown he is willing to change veteran's playstyles in this game.
Exactly. Look at the drastic changes to Bowser and Pit. This would have been unheard of in Brawl. I think there's now a real chance for improvement. Sakurai's huge team ON TOP of the fact that they essentially copied Brawl and are building on top of it gives them a HELL of a lot more resources than we're imagining here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While I agree, I would also hope that people can understand why some individuals might want, say, Pokemon to lose one of their 6 reps so a completely unrepresented franchise that does deserve inclusion can get in.
I get it, I just don't agree with it.
Exactly. Look at the drastic changes to Bowser and Pit. This would have been unheard of in Brawl. I think there's now a real chance for improvement. Sakurai's huge team ON TOP of the fact that they essentially copied Brawl and are building on top of it gives them a HELL of a lot more resources than we're imagining here.
I think Sakurai deferring some power to some of the heads from Namco is allowing for some fresh perspective to be given to the roster, which can only results in good things, it already has from what I can tell.
I guess so. :o

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Even if they're are cut characters, they can always return via DLC

on the rumor

Pac-Man (alright)
Little Mac (pretty cool)
Mii (with villager as well?)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Until we learn that his Final Smash has been changed, none of the changes really hint at her inclusion. Even then a change in the Final Smash could simply be because Pit's was kind of weak.

That's what I was getting at, I just see Pit being updated with Uprising moves which is quite the natural (and better) route.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
God dammit you guys you're getting me hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom