• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's my crack at the roster after the past three reveals and three leaks.

Eighteen newcomers?

Pretty much everyone here has a shot (no matter how slim), but I feel it's too optimistic. But then again, if we get Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii all confirmed at E3 tomorrow, perhaps a roster that large isn't too outside of the realm of possibility.

I'll give my crack once Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii. I firmly believe the rumor, but I want to be absolutely sure that it is right.

Edit: Where's a new retro character? Isn't that among the most likely things to happen?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Eighteen newcomers?

Pretty much everyone here has a shot (no matter how slim), but I feel it's too optimistic. But then again, if we get Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii all confirmed at E3 tomorrow, perhaps a roster that large isn't too outside of the realm of possibility.

I'll give my crack once Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii. I firmly believe the rumor, but I want to be absolutely sure that it is right.
Eighteen is just based on the optimistic assumption that Namco and HAL are chugging ahead like freight trains and follows the existing pattern of getting the total number of newcomers from the previous game plus two. At this point I can believe anything.
Eighteen newcomers?

Edit: Where's a new retro character? Isn't that among the most likely things to happen?
Takamaru?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eighteen is just based on the optimistic assumption that Namco and HAL are chugging ahead like freight trains and follows the existing pattern of getting the total number of newcomers from the previous game plus two. At this point I can believe anything.

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one thinking this...especially if the rumor is true (which it more than likely is), I think it would be reasonable to assume that about 1/3 newcomers were shown. Sakurai's surprised us before, after all.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can forsee us getting somewhere in the realm of 18-20 newcomers especially if Pac Man, Mii, and Little Mac are revealed tomorrow/relatively shortly.

When you throw out your two biggest third party cards in Mega Man and Pac Man early the roster has to be something big and fanbase pleasing I'd assume.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
...Smash Dojo was updated just now..

Then a FABULOUS TRAILER!!!!!!!!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still find the idea of the Mii to be unusual, considering it's pretty redundant with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

I'm willing to reserve judgement. I've already been surprised once when I said ''What a waste" at WFT and then ultimately ended up going ''YES LET ME HAVE THAT NOW."

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh wow, sorry SSBF, I realized I uploaded the wrong roster.

I ultimately ditched Saki Amamiya for Takamaru in the belief that Sakurai would probably choose the latter.

D

Deleted member

Takamaru?
The only time Sakurai has spoke explicitly of limiting newcomers was back in 2008. Given that Sakurai is going to be treating this as if it was the last game in the series and with Namco's help, the confirmation of Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii tomorrow would make me feel confident in us getting at least fifty characters (though this is taking into account transformation).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh wow. I didn't even notice you lacked Takamaru.

...I like your roster more now, haha.

fromia

Smash Cadet
Ok melee we had fatchu

which is still cute.
Then brawl we have the uglychu

Finally for SSB4 we have the perfect modern Pikachu.

I'm so happy Pikachu this time around is so well done. It resembles Pikachu from the anime as well with the cel-shaded style.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman

I'm so happy Pikachu this time around is so well done. It resembles Pikachu from the anime as well with the cel-shaded style.

I completely agree. Our new pikachu looks amazing!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Good ol' PokePark model. Such a good, smooth model.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
In-N-Out is God's burger of choice. Your move, 5 Guys and Steak&Shake.

SIMON BELMONT CONFIRMED.
People have been asking for him for a while so why not!? :laugh:

Denial won't exactly help you sleep at night.
*Kerplunk*
You seem coherent enough on you ammount of sleep so I think I'll be alright. ;)
You're right, it was before he was met with heartbreak and became a jaded adult like the rest of us.
This post gave me a bit of feels but I think I'm better for the experiences and stuff.

EDIT: Did anything juicy come up in the last 10-15 pages while I was out?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Man... I forgot how scary this place can be. XP

Just checking in to see what activity is like now that they revealed the new game. Not planning on joining discussion, since I'm super busy these days, and I doubt anybody remembers me, but just saying hi. I'm curious to see how the game unfolds, and I'll prolly be lurking. =P

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Frost mentioned Pit, Samus, and Link being shown off as characters "born" in 1986 as some sort of foreshadowing of Takamaru's inclusion, but to me that's just naive thinking. I know I am the forerunner for Takamaru support, but latching onto vague hints that are probably not there is just begging for problems.

D

Deleted member

Just checking in to see what activity is like now that they revealed the new game. Not planning on joining discussion, since I'm super busy these days, and I doubt anybody remembers me, but just saying hi. I'm curious to see how the game unfolds, and I'll prolly be lurking. =P
But we really miss you. At the very least try to post in the social group.

Kantrip

Kantplay

I remember youuuuuu~

That Pikachu model is great. I'm really happy with all the character models we've seen so far.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Frost mentioned Pit, Samus, and Link being shown off as characters "born" in 1986 as some sort of foreshadowing of Takamaru's inclusion, but to me that's just naive thinking. I know I am the forerunner for Takamaru support, but latching onto vague hints that are probably not there is just begging for problems.
But you have to ask. Why bring it up then?

Also, is it possible that if Wii fit trainer and Villager are in the 3DS version that they will have reversed sexes?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Hex!!!

You're signature reminds me how lazy Sakurai was on Megaman's icon.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Oh right! The social group! That's totally more my pace. I know the board proper is going to get way too fast paced for me.

I hope I didn't come off as "too good to devote time to this place anymore." I work 3 jobs at the moment, so I pretty much only have free time after 11PM. ^^;; but I'll try to check into the social group every now and then. If I remember where it is. XP

And yes, the gear is soooo lazy. At least a E-Tank would have been nice. But I won't complain. I'm pumped about the game so far. I'm not even going to stress about the metagame. I play games so much more casually these days...

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
@Two Links being important.

He also said no to Villager and Miis. So, yeah, he could change his mind.

I agree with you Star, I was thinking the EXACT same thing earlier today while looking at the website. Marth, Yoshi, and Ness maybe?

You can't blame people, Sakurai pretty much said that.
Well I have a poster of SSBB that said, "The Brawl to end them all!" Yet here we go with a fourth one! They shouldn't take anybody's word! Even developers...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, Hex, that's the only way I know about you. Your name and avatar are still in the Backroom. :chuckle:

-Link-

Smash Cadet
If Zelda is shown in Twilight Princess style (just like Link was) and not in Skyward Sword style, (and yet they have Skyward Sword levels to play on) will make me feel like the chances of having Girahim will be higher than others.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, it's Hex! You're lucky you survived the great backroom purge. :laugh:;)
Oh right! The social group! That's totally more my pace. I know the board proper is going to get way too fast paced for me.

I hope I didn't come off as "too good to devote time to this place anymore." I work 3 jobs at the moment, so I pretty much only have free time after 11PM. ^^;; but I'll try to check into the social group every now and then. If I remember where it is. XP
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/the-new-super-smash-wii-u-discussion-backroom.150/ :grin:

Well I have a poster of SSBB that said, "The Brawl to end them all!" Yet here we go with a fourth one! They shouldn't take anybody's word! Even developers...
It's people's own fault for believing the marketing team (the ones who come up with those kind of slogans) have any sort of say on the future of the series.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
You guys, I honestly don't even remember how to get to the backroom. It's been 2 years. XP

In regards to Sakurai changing his mind about things: Yeah. There is no canon of decisions by the developers. Iwata basically forced Sakurai into making Smash too, which amuses me. =P

I'm looking forward to what they do with the game. I'm sure I'll be pleased overall. I think Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. I hope they include as many new franchises as possible, even though there are very few prominent franchises left to pull from.

EDIT: Oh! Thanks for the link. XP

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You guys, I honestly don't even remember how to get to the backroom. It's been 2 years. XP

In regards to Sakurai changing his mind about things: Yeah. There is no canon of decisions by the developers. Iwata basically forced Sakurai into making Smash too, which amuses me. =P

I'm looking forward to what they do with the game. I'm sure I'll be pleased overall. I think Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious. I hope they include as many new franchises as possible, even though there are very few prominent franchises left to pull from.

EDIT: Oh! Thanks for the link. XP
HEX!

Seems like a lot of people are showing back up. I can dig it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
HEX I REMEMBER YOU I MISS YOU LOOK AT THE LIGHTING ISN'T IT COOL

WE HAD A DISCUSSION ONCE...

I remember always making a big deal about lighitng. XP

I'll be honest: I'm slightly underwhelmed by the visuals of SSBU after seeing 3D World and Mario Kart 8. The lighting in those game. Oh my the lighting.

The animations in the SSBU build they showed are also lacking a lot of finesse, but I hope they improve over time. Watching Link's knees burst out of the front of his tunic was cringeworthy.... Sakurai and his teams aren't exactly renowned for their visual polish....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom