• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know I'm a buzz-kill. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like how so many retrofags are popping out of these holes and rocks they live under to try and overrate Pac-Man as if the general gaming community of this modern era actually gives a **** about him anymore. XD

Seriously, there's absolutely nothing interesting about him. ¦D

Made for an interesting read, though. I was wondering what was going on through the thread while I watched Man of Steel. :3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not to mention that we're still a little over a year before this game is finished. It could be that Sakurai and Co. (hell and blood, I haven't coined that term in years) are in the process of figuring this particular problem out. For all we know, the issue could be non-existent by the time the game goes gold.

Smooth Criminal

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Because Sakurai. He's a mystery wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a troll. :rolleyes:
Sorry to be slightly off topic but you made me think of blankets made out of the flesh of trolls that live under bridges and such. Why blankets?

If Sakurai's wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a troll, well.

...I'm too sleepy for this thread, but I love the man anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He never said the 3DS would limit the number of total characters, he said that they were having a hard time implementing certain characters because of the 3DS's limitations. He said that they were having a hard time programming fighters that used multiple fighters like the Ice Climbers. That being said, them, Sheik, ZSS, and the Pokemon Trainer might be cut if they can't figure it out by the time the game goes gold.
They might not be cut more so that they might be implemented differently.

Zamus - Made a separate character and she might as well be.
Zelda - Separated from Sheik, allowed to develop more on her own.
Sheik - Replaced with Impa
Pokemon Trainer - Pokemon all become standalone playable characters.

D

Deleted member

Fat chance that if Pokémon Trainer can't be done as a trio that Squirtle and Ivysaur would be standalone. Especially Ivysaur.
It would just be Charizard.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
They might not be cut more so that they might be implemented differently.

Zamus - Made a separate character and she might as well be.
Zelda - Separated from Sheik, allowed to develop more on her own.
Sheik - Replaced with Impa
Pokemon Trainer - Pokemon all become standalone playable characters.
I accept 2 of these things, Althought...
Zamus is not going to be a standalone character, cause Samus used that Hyper beam(?) As her final smash, which in brawl as well. You will know by pure knowledge that she becomes Zamus from this.
The pokemon trainer's pokemon is not Necessarily going to have a good chance as a standalone character, but it is not entirely out of the realm of happening.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What I don't understand is why this is shocking to people.

EDIT: What I also don't understand is how people use "characters that use multiple fighters like Ice Climbers" to refer to Sheilda, Pokémon Trainer, etc.
Ice Climbers fight with two people at once; the other examples do not.
Largely because he said characters (plural) and was very vague about what he meant.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you know what hearsay is?
Who cares! All I know is I heard from some people that there is a guy at another forum that predicted some characters and one of them was Pac Man

Pac Man confirmed for SM4SH

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I was insinuating that you were as gullible as the rest of the folks that take "hearsay" as fact, considering Taichi was correct. True cross-platform play was never promised.

*shrugs.*

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

Largely because he said characters (plural) and was very vague about what he meant.
But he said "like Ice Climbers".
We don't have any other past example that are like the Climbers. Except maybe Olimar with his Pikmin.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Except I never said I believed anything specific. So "gullible" is an assumption you are making about my positions. I referenced having less reasons to pick up both versions. The person who I replied to mentioned promises. I didn't.

But to clarify, I never heard anything about the nature of the connectivity of the two games until today. Without doing the research myself, I couldn't verify anyone's veracity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But he said "like Ice Climbers".
We don't have any other past example that are like the Climbers. Except maybe Olimar with his Pikmin.
Both Ice Climbers and Olimar represent their own franchises though and both of them were characters that he called out for their uniqueness in the respective games they premiered in, would he really outright cut them? For whatever reason, the Ice Climbers were the only characters I was genuinely concerned about being cut for Brawl and I guess that's going to be the case this time too. Hopefully I won't have to wait 16 months for an answer like last time...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Except I never said I believed anything specific. So "gullible" is an assumption you are making about my positions. I referenced having less reasons to pick up both versions. The person who I replied to mentioned promises. I didn't.

But to clarify, I never heard anything about the nature of the connectivity of the two games until today. Without doing the research myself, I couldn't verify anyone's veracity.
Either way, the onus is on you. :troll:

(In all seriousness, I apologize. Kinda got lost in the ebb and flow of the conversation there. New Smashboards'll fold a thread-page in half if new posts are made when you refresh. I didn't see your initial statement.)

Smooth Criminal

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, is anyone else more concerned with the veterans then the newcomers? It seems like there are efforts to mix up the characters this time around, like with Bowser and Pit for example. I do wonder what other changes will be made...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
ssb4 roster1.png

Here's a new 45-char roster I made since I was bored.
Review and critique.

I thought about putting this in the roster discussion thread, but this thread is more active at the moment...

Mewtwo also has his X and Y form and may or may not count as a 6th-gen rep and newcomer.
Megaman should have a red border. (unlockable)

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody thought about how great a Young Majora's Mask Link character would be? Down-B Transformation = Deku/Goron/Zora Link each with their own movesets varying in size and powers. This would be such an awesome addition to the roster.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
By the way, is anyone else more concerned with the veterans then the newcomers? It seems like there are efforts to mix up the characters this time around, like with Bowser and Pit for example. I do wonder what other changes will be made...
Which characters have really bad movesets?

Now that I think about it Fanondorg will probably be tweaked.

D

Deleted member

Posting this from the prediction thread...

I am GLAD Sakurai crushed the Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii rumor by saying that and I'm especially glad Sakurai didn't give Pac-Man special priority for this. I was always dreading what I considered the "inevitable" inclusion of Pac-Man, just accepted it when I though the leak was true, knowing that Mega Man was in.

I still believe that Little Mac will find his way into the game as he has the best résumé for a misc. character. However, I don't think Pac-Man and Mii will be getting in (not that the article deconfirms a Namco rep, but I really don't see it happening. I firmly believe that Mega Man will be our only new third-party for this game and honestly, I'm more than okay with that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Has anybody thought about how great a Young Majora's Mask Link character would be? Down-B Transformation = Deku/Goron/Zora Link each with their own movesets varying in size and powers. This would be such an awesome addition to the roster.
I have. Many many times. It just keeps getting shot down by people who don't think it's likely because it's not a newer game or something.
It's one of the few characters I specifically support.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Either way, the onus is on you. :troll:

(In all seriousness, I apologize. Kinda got lost in the ebb and flow of the conversation there. New Smashboards'll fold a thread-page in half if new posts are made when you refresh. I didn't see your initial statement.)

Smooth Criminal
Thanks, Smooth Criminal. I would also like to apologize if I came off as dismissive of the community. I've been a mostly lurker for 12 years now, and I have had a lot of fun here.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Oh, Scrafty would be cool. Or any Fighting type really. I don't especially care for Zoroark/Mewtwo.

I was reallyhoping that final smashes could be based on meter or something instead of an item so it would see tournament play.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
I have. Many many times. It just keeps getting shot down by people who don't think it's likely because it's not a newer game or something.
It's one of the few characters I specifically support.
It may be old, but Majora's Mask was such an amazing game. It was such a dark and spooky game for its time yet still encompassed the greatness of Zelda. I believe it should be represented, it deserves it!

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Geno is lame (EDIT: IN MY OPINION, THAT IS). Just saying.

I'd love for Nintendo to make another Reveal trailer and it starts by showing Geno waking up, and then Mallow just kicks him out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom