• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I personally don't see Snake coming back. I think Kojima got what he wanted and now he's moved on from it. If we lost a third party rep Snake would be the easiest rep to lose.

I think he's the easiest cut, really.

And did I, ever say you said that? Just quoted you and addressed the general people about the subject.

Because MGS has memorable characters that would be a cool addition to the game, at least in my opinion.
While that's probably true, I don't see us getting anymore than three third parties (Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man) maybe four, and that would be Snake. I just don't think Sakurai is too interested in adding a bunch of third party characters in general, let alone two from MGS

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea, true, Snake probably is gonna be cut from the game. Especially with Raiden being in that Playstation knock-off.

But yea, nobody responded to my second question. Does anyone think Ryu Hayabusa's a possibility?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But yea, nobody responded to my second question. Does anyone think Ryu Hayabusa's a possibility?

Not really. The inclusion of third parties is rather strict, and personally, I think our third party character pool is Megaman, Pac-Man, and the possibilty of Sonic or Snake.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Not really. The inclusion of third parties is rather strict, and personally, I think our third party character pool is Megaman, Pac-Man, and the possibilty of Sonic or Snake.
Yea, but Team Ninja worked on the abomination that was Other M and featured a Metroid level with a Samus cameo in Dead or Alive for the 3DS. It's very possible; he just doesn't have much demand.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is Square Enix developing ANYTHING for Wii U/3DS because they're the only company outside of Namco that I can think would snatch a third party rep spot.

Maybe Platinum Games but I doubt they'd put Bayonetta or the main character from Wonderful 101 in if they're being as strict as Sakurai implies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Pac Man, Mega Man, Sonic were the third party reps this time.

That would be ideal for me. All individuals with unique potential. Huge gaming icons with a powerful legacy.

And it doesn't feel like just any old third party character was added for the hell of it.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Do any of you think another Starfox character might make it in? One with a drastically different move-set than Fox, Falco, and Wolf? I think Slippy's a possibility.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Let the dead dogs lie my friend.

It's time to move on.

At least after this game (incase Pac-Man gets in) we won't definitely get anymore 3rd Parties on Smash with such an "iconic status".

Yeah, I know. =(

Lloyd'd be perfect though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why would we get more than one Metal Gear character?
We already had more than one Metal Gear character. We had Solid Snake, Iroquois Pliskin, and Big Boss. :troll:

I'd admittedly like some Punished Snake hype, similar to the MGS4 Theme being in Brawl.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still hope Snake, Sonic and Mega Man are the only third parties in the game.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I guess only on fangames with manga-characters and other ****. That's where he'd seem to belong more.

Fanboys' dreams...

Lloyd was in two games that were on nintendo systems and the Tales series is really popular.

It can't be compared to thinking manga/anime characters will be in Smash.

sonus

Smash Cadet
the mii verse photos are boring. At least its good to know he puts something "new" up every day. My guess is, he puts up these lame pictures then one day he will put up something actually new and exciting and it will be that much better.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
the mii verse photos are boring. At least its good to know he puts something "new" up every day. My guess is, he puts up these lame pictures then one day he will put up something actually new and exciting and it will be that much better.
Hey. Beggars can't be choosers. It's better than nothing so don't complain.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Kinda reminds me of Parodius having "Koitsu" (stickman flying on an aeroplane, and has big amounts of weird charm.
Oh my goodness I can't believe anyone here remembers Parodius. @.@

It was like a staple of my childhood and one that taught me that japan can really get into some weird as heck stuff. :-P

But yes, although really, sometimes freakishly weird, it was so much fun! <3

sonus

Smash Cadet
Hey. Beggars can't be choosers. It's better than nothing so don't complain.

The photos posted so far are barley better than nothing lol. They give us almost nothing...thats why i'm saying, the nice thing about it is we know he is aware of it 5 days a week and didnt just tell us their is a site now and never post anything for months.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I prefer to see Snake removed. I just don't like him much, and the other company did beg Nintendo to put him in, right? For Sonic, it's more likely that he will stay, and I'll be okay with it, though his FS should be nerfed, but that's just me.

sonus

Smash Cadet
I can see Snake being removed. Sonic however, I think is as much a "special case" as a 3rd party as mega man is.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh my goodness I can't believe anyone here remembers Parodius. @.@

It was like a staple of my childhood and one that taught me that japan can really get into some weird as heck stuff. :-P

But yes, although really, sometimes freakishly weird, it was so much fun! <3

Indeed. But man, isn't the game full of Konami-goodness and parody. Holy ****s.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
After the bird boss all dressed up in American flag colours, I've always wondered whether Japan doesn't still have some grudges against America for something or rather LOL. :p

Dunno man, if they also mess around with chinese stuff as well. Oh well, Europeans still got this game, hahah-

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Dunno man, if they also mess around with chinese stuff as well. Oh well, Europeans still got this game, hahah-
The remixes of classical/well known tunes is pretty awesome though. Fighting lips to the music of 'can can' is pretty freakin' funny/weird/awesome. :p

And since it's the social, just gotta post some awesome music. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ZfIvvtJ_8

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BTWWWWW

If we just got a Nintendog-stage in 3DS-version of the game, does this mean Nintendog's no assist anymore or has been replaced? Wii U-version might keep it intact though.

Luco: Speaking of Parodius, I've taken a knack on cracking it's references. Incase you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EmMe7YM1Yc

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
So guys, I believe I have my last roster until the game is ready. I'd love to see what you all think.
Empty Roster.png

Personally, if this was the final roster, I would be ecstatic. Also, I made no cuts. Would you all be happy if this was the final roster?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
BTWWWWW

If we just got a Nintendog-stage in 3DS-version of the game, does this mean Nintendog's no assist anymore or has been replaced? Wii U-version might keep it intact though.

Luco: Speaking of Parodius, I've taken a knack on cracking it's references. Incase you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EmMe7YM1Yc
Ahh hehe, as it happens i'm thinking more of 'Parodius Da!' than 'sexy parodius' :p

So guys, I believe I have my last roster until the game is ready. I'd love to see what you all think.View attachment 943
Personally, if this was the final roster, I would be ecstatic. Also, I made no cuts. Would you all be happy if this was the final roster?
Not bad, not bad....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai posted this on MiiVerse

Make of it as you will.

Is this telling us that Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Villager the most complete and therefore that was the reason why they were the only characters shown? That's what I'm getting from it.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Is Square Enix developing ANYTHING for Wii U/3DS because they're the only company outside of Namco that I can think would snatch a third party rep spot.

Maybe Platinum Games but I doubt they'd put Bayonetta or the main character from Wonderful 101 in if they're being as strict as Sakurai implies.
I can't imagine we'll get a Square-Enix rep since it was once two companies. Imagine Nintendo coming to them asking for a single character; the internal arguing would be horrendous.

Plus, as much of a Final Fantasy fan I am (well... 1 - 9, maybe 10, and 12) no one character jumps out of that series as a potentially really great Smash character except Moogle or Chocobo or something.

Inafune excited about Mega Man being in a game? That's ridiculous. Think about how some of us Mega Man fans feel.

Edit: Although I guess he's no more than a fan these days.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
I have literally nothing to complain about. Though I doubt we'll get that many newcomers. Particularly iffy on Ray and Krystal. Personally, I'd swap Black Shadow for Goroh.
Yeah....Ray and Krystal were more personal choices on my part, I gotta admit, haha. And I was split between Goroh or Black Shadow, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom