• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sakurai said alt costumes ruin what makes each character different. That's a pretty stark rejection of alternate costumes, sadly.

He seems a bit out of touch with the fanbase on this one. Support for alts seems to be overwhelming, and it's not like certain characters didn't have quasi-alts already.
Show me the Starfax bruh.

volbound1700

Smash Master
As Moon Monkey keeps pointing out, all of the comments by Sakurai are vague.

In fact if you read his comments about cuts, he states they are "working their best" to try to get everyone, in which means Sakurai wants their to be no cuts but is not sure it is possible.

Namco quote was also very vague, we keep hearing their "may be" or "possible" but nothing is definitive.

volbound1700

Smash Master
So, would you guys like it if Ice Climbers were made solo (only Popo, with Nana as an alt) in the 3DS version?
I could care less about 3DS version. I honestly wish they would make the two versions different now and just go all out on Wii U version but I don't see it happening.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
In that interview Sakurai says that different costumes ruin what makes each character different. Not customizable costumes; different costumes. It may be an interpreter issue, but it sounds like he is talking about alts, not fully customizable costumes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In that interview Sakurai says that different costumes ruin what makes each character different. Not customizable costumes; different costumes. It may be an interpreter issue, but it sounds like he is talking about alts, not fully customizable costumes.
I think it might have been a mistake on the translator's part. Wario has two costumes in Brawl, so I don't think alts are what Sakurai is referring to.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope to god they just delay the 3DS version.

I don't even forsee the 3DS version being a go to version or a system seller. Clearly this game is going to sell Wii U's, so it baffles me that the a system seller would get held back by it's little brother/sister that has no problems driving sells with an already noteworthy library and system sellers of it's own.

Most people who are gonna get a fighting game or gonna go for the console version anyways.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
If Retro Studios isn't making Starfox, I think Kamiya should make it right after he has finished up his work with Bayonetta 2. I'm still holding out hope that Retro is making a Metroid Prime sequel (Prime Hunters 2?)

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am climbing corporate ladder where I am at and if I do well enough and my wife is down on it, I may through a resume at Retro since they are in Texas and that is a nice place to live. Not sure if I would want to live in Washington for Nintendo but Retro maybe a fun place to work. It would be hard leaving company I am at now, though because everything is working out well here but would be fun to work in video game industry, even if it isn't related to actual design work on the games.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If Retro Studios isn't making Starfox, I think Kamiya should make it right after he has finished up his work with Bayonetta 2. I'm still holding out hope that Retro is making a Metroid Prime sequel (Prime Hunters 2?)
They hinted on expanding the universe and brining back the hunters but not anytime soon...no dev plan plans or nothing...it sucks major buffalo ****....

volbound1700

Smash Master
Retro probably doesn't have the resources to do both Donkey Kong and Metroid at the moment.

Interesting to watch is ND Studies which is a Nintendo 1st party company that is made up of most of the major employees from Hudson Soft.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yeah, Retro said they only like to focus on one major project at a time. In some cases one major and one minor but definitely not two major ones.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, Retro said they only like to focus on one major project at a time. In some cases one major and one minor but definitely not two major ones.
I doubt Bomberman is in this Smash but if Nintendo can get back ND Studies, he would become 1st party for future Smash titles. Nd Studies is pretty much the team that made the Bomberman games including Bomberman 64.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it might have been a mistake on the translator's part. Wario has two costumes in Brawl, so I don't think alts are what Sakurai is referring to.
Likely so. Customizable costumes seems to be greatly a developer preference. I do hope we do have a custom pallet option at least. I wanna make a Luka Wii Fit Trainer.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I doubt Bomberman is in this Smash but if Nintendo can get back ND Studies, he would become 1st party for future Smash titles. Nd Studies is pretty much the team that made the Bomberman games including Bomberman 64.
Haha I know but I don't plan on changing my sig/avatar anytime soon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So about the Little Mac, Mii, & Pac-Man rumor. Where did it say that those guys HAD to be revealed at E3 and not after as I don't recall such news. I don't really care if the leak is real or fake but I just have the feeling that people are saying stuff that isn't true.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If we lost Snake and got Pac Man, but still had a fourth third party who would it even be?
I don't even want four third party characters. Sonic the Hedgehog and Megaman are enough.
Except this would contradict the fact that the rosters (and the gameplay is implied) are to be the same for both versions. If they can't get the ****ty transformation gimmick (assuming they don't improve it) to properly work in the 3DS version, then split them up on both versions. Most people tend to play only one of the characters in each of the groups anyway. For most, the playstyles remain intact which is what really matters in the long run.
I wouldn't mind Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard being separated into individual characters. Sakurai already counts them individually so it would make the issue of trying to count the roster a whole lot easier. My fear is if the Pokémon are separated we're going to see two of them replaced.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One positive thing I can take away from all of this is my desire for a Sin and Punishment: Star Successor stage is looking pretty good for Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So about the Little Mac, Mii, & Pac-Man rumor. Where did it say that those guys HAD to be revealed at E3 and not after as I don't recall such news. I don't really care if the leak is real or fake but I just have the feeling that people are saying stuff that isn't true.
This is what we need to answer. We need to figure out exactly what that leaker meant. Has anyone emailed the guy?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
We are probably gonna get a new character next week or at the next Nintendo Direct.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
One positive thing I can take away from all of this is my desire for a Sin and Punishment: Star Successor stage is looking pretty good for Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
Which reminds me, I'm rather surprised that we haven't had a lot of stage talk now that we know some confirmed stages as well as how they will be handled. I really want to talk about possible music for the currently confirmed stages.

Can we be brutally honest, is anyone even excited about the 3DS version?
I know I am. Smash on the go would be great, and since I am in no way interested in bringing my Wii U (should I get one before next April) to my dorm room.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I only have the 3ds atm, so I don't mind it, and may like it; less money for me to spend.. I have curiosity of the exclusive things each game will have besides stages. Thankfully for me, I'm expecting more KI stages for the 3ds version, and we all know why.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Honestly, no. However, I have about an hour commute on the metro (subway) each way, so I'll probably bring my 3DS when I get one and I'll most likely play Smash during my commutes if it's actually good.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yes S&P: Star Successor! I'd love to see some content from that game.

I actually have some stage ideas w/ pics, though I can't post them now. Maybe once I get back on my PC maybe then...or in the Stage Disscusion Thread.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sounds like the mobility does excite people. I wish the 3DS version was totally different from Wii U version to be honest. I likely won't even play 3DS version but I think having them unique would be great. Perhaps have 3DS version with a smaller roster but more newcomers (focus on handheld characters/games) while Wii U brings back Brawl caste with some newcomers like Megaman.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Im not even that hyped about this game in general not HYPED but like still want it ofc...its kinda weired seems like the general Hype of this game died down alot after E3.

Is that normal? I kinda figured it be the opposite..or atleast the same..might be due to the Newcomees or dunno..in general...

volbound1700

Smash Master
Im not even that hyped about this game in general not HYPED but like still want it ofc...its kinda weired seems like the general Hype of this game died down alot after E3.

Is that normal? I kinda figured it be the opposite..or atleast the same..might be due to the Newcomees or dunno..in general...
I think it has more to do with the backlash about potential cuts and also the fact we are likely not going to get any news for a while. The latter being the main reason.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not really keen on removing features, but I'd like if they removed the Masterpieces feature.

I only have the 3ds atm, so I don't mind it, and may like it; less money for me to spend.. I have curiosity of the exclusive things each game will have besides stages. Thankfully for me, I'm expecting more KI stages for the 3ds version, and we all know why.
I start to believe that the Wii U version will feature stages based on the NES game, while the 3DS version will feature stages from Uprising.
Though I really would like to see some Uprising stages in HD, considering how great that game looked.

Which reminds me, I'm rather surprised that we haven't had a lot of stage talk now that we know some confirmed stages as well as how they will be handled. I really want to talk about possible music for the currently confirmed stages.
Do you think the My Music feature will return? I think should return at least for the Wii U version. Seeing as the stages will be different, does it mean that both versions' soundtracks will be different? Or the same songs will be differently distributed depending on which version?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Do you think the My Music feature will return? I think should return at least for the Wii U version. Seeing as the stages will be different, does it mean that both versions' soundtracks will be different? Or the same songs will be differently distributed depending on which version?
It would be a step backwards should it not return, though personally I would be willing to exclude it should it help more characters get in.

Would guess both versions would have different songs (though I'd guess the 3DS would have less) the same as different stages.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the rumor DID say it was E3 predictions

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Yes, she became Zamus through that IN BRAWL. Just because it was in Brawl doesn't mean it'll happen in this game. We didn't even see the end of the move so they might have been separated.
Oh, sorry, I meant to say she might not, instead I said she will not. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom