• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Except this would contradict the fact that the rosters (and the gameplay is implied) are to be the same for both versions. If they can't get the ****ty transformation gimmick (assuming they don't improve it) to properly work in the 3DS version, then split them up on both versions. Most people tend to play only one of the characters in each of the groups anyway. For most, the playstyles remain intact which is what really matters in the long run.
Rosters would be the same.
There would still be Samus, Zelda, and Pokémon Trainer.
They would just work differently on the 3DS version. Only the "same library" of characters is implied; doesn't mean the style of the characters has to be the exact same if certain aspects will not work on 3DS.
And honestly, splitting them up is the same thing as kissing some characters goodbye. It's really doubtful that Squirtle, Ivysaur, Zamus, and Sheik (at which point I would have to eat crow and accept Impa as a possible replacement) would stay by themselves unless there was the old EX mode concept.

I think changing their gimmick will be the answer. I think making them like a mix of Eddie and Millia Rage from Guilty Gear might be something really appropriate for them. Under this gimmick, Nana and Popo are always together except for one situation where one move can separate Nana for a more deliberate and easier desyncing. Then, they can have Millia's Ring turned into Blizzard Ringe (picture them spinning while doing their Down B) for evil okizeme setups.
This sounds like a good idea. Though I would need to actively see an example to make a further judgment. Got any good videos of this Eddie and Millia Rage?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I start to believe that the Wii U version will feature stages based on the NES game, while the 3DS version will feature stages from Uprising.
Though I really would like to see some Uprising stages in HD, considering how great that game looked.

Do you think the My Music feature will return? I think should return at least for the Wii U version. Seeing as the stages will be different, does it mean that both versions' soundtracks will be different? Or the same songs will be differently distributed depending on which version?
That I can agree one. Nothing like seeing a beautiful stage like Ch.11's ground portion or Palutena's Temple in brilliant HD.

I am not certain about the music atm. I'm sure they may keep it. The stages that are on both versions should have the same music at least. The rest is up to them.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Oh, god... You know what track I want to hear when fighting?
Versus Arvis (I am using his American name.), except remixed.
Who agrees?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which reminds me, I'm rather surprised that we haven't had a lot of stage talk now that we know some confirmed stages as well as how they will be handled. I really want to talk about possible music for the currently confirmed stages.
You know you don't have to ask me twice!

For our new Skyloft stage something like this would make sense to me (assuming My Music is handled in the same way):
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Skyloft
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - The Sky
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Fi's Theme
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Moldarach
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Levias
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Battle with Ghirahim
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Stalfos ~ Mini-Boss
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The Hidden Village (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)

Dr. Wily's Castle, who knows what will happen there. There is such a vast library of Megaman music that something good is eventually going to be left behind. My hope is it winds up like my old list.
Megaman - Cutman
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage
Megaman 3 - Snakeman
Megaman 4 - Wily's Citadel (Complete Works)
Megaman 5 - Protoman's Fortress (Darkman Stage)
Megaman 7 - Dr. Wily Stage (Megaman 7)
Megaman 8 - Opening Stage
Megaman 9 - Galaxy Fantasy (Galaxyman)
Megaman 10 - Against the Pressure
Megaman 2 - Robot Master Medley
Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman Legends - Flutter Vs. Gesellschaft
Megaman Battle Network - Great Battlers

D

Deleted member

What I noticed is that the Wily stage has two songs; the original version of the Wily Stage theme everyone loves, and the remixed version from Mega Man's trailer. These are both heard for the stage on the Developer Direct video.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It would be a step backwards should it not return, though personally I would be willing to exclude it should it help more characters get in.

Would guess both versions would have different songs (though I'd guess the 3DS would have less) the same as different stages.
I think some classic tunes like the Zelda main theme would appear on both versions, but on different stages. Wouldn't be surprised if they had the Zelda main theme, for example, on Skyloft for the Wii U version, while on the 3DS version, the song would go to Gerudo Valley or the Spirit Train.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I dunno what that is but i like your pic reminds me of Kamek.
My good sir, this is A black mage, He who casts spells and makes people fall down. Many people support my coming in Smash 4, however, I am not too sure I shall be included, because of Sakurai's fickle mind.

Versus Arvis? This is the OST.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
My good sir, this is A black mage, He who casts spells and makes people fall down. Many people support my coming in Smash 4, however, I am not too sure I shall be included, because of Sakurai's fickle mind.

Versus Arvis? This is the OST.
Can we haz Kamek instead then please xD? I Really want him in.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What I noticed is that the Wily stage has two songs; the original version of the Wily Stage theme everyone loves, and the remixed version from Mega Man's trailer. These are both heard for the stage on the Developer Direct video.
Actually the remixed Dr. Wily Stage theme sounds like it was part of a medley. It started out with Megaman's Theme (MMIV Credits) which used the same chiptune/rock instrumentation as the latter Dr. Wily piece.

The Earthbound talk with Heel made me realize how much I want my Saturn Valley / Cave of the Past idea to come to fruition.

The level is found in both Mother games and play significant roles in both stories. They could model it more after the Mother 2 design since it was larger.

The stage would be very simplistic looking. You fight in the middle of Saturn Valley. Not much to it, the houses will be your platforms and you'll see in the background Saturn's walking around. Occasionally stepping onto the battlefield and becoming a normal item. Up on the cliffs will be the shop and hot spring, along with some Mr. Saturns floating via balloon. If you look hard enough, towards the very top of the stage, in the cliffs you will be able to see Milky Well. Ness' third sanctuary location.

Behind you you will notice something rather large and mechanical in the shape of a Mr. Saturn. Why it's the Phase Distorter 2! Dr. Andonuts will be standing next to it, doing repairs and occasionally taking a break to look at the field.

What is special about this stage is it has an alternate... In the alternate, everything will proceed as though you were having aa normal match in Saturn Valley. Except this time it is anything but normal. Andonuts makes a mistake, activating the Phase Distorter and sending you into the past! So the stage will blur and black rings will begin pulsating from the Phase Distorter. [The timing of this will be about 2 seconds after the match begins.]

You are now stuck in The Cave of the Past to finish out the remainder of your fight. The colorful, friendly world of Saturn Valley has now been substituted for the isolated, monochrome world filled with diamond shaped objects buzzing behind you. All the way in the distance is a cave with a mysterious red glow... The light moving as a heartbeat would... It is a menacing cold land.

Now the stages are different in design beyond just aesthetics. Whereas Saturn Valley is a walk off, The Cave of The Past is not; you can actually fall off.

Stage Example: Saturn Valley

........_..................___
....../...\.............../.....\
___|....|________|.....|___

Alternate Example: Cave of the Past

"+" indicates open space, also indicating where the edges of the stage are

Stage: Saturn Valley/Cave of The Past
Icon: Earthbound logo

-Tracks-
(Saturn Valley)
Earthbound - Saturn Valley (i iMaGiNe tHiS sOnG rEmIX? bOiNg!)
Earthbound - Welcome Home Ness ~ Jolly Flying Man
Mother 3 - Mr. Batty Twist
Mother 3 - And El Mariachi
Earthbound - Battle Medley - New Age Retro Hippie ~ Mobile Opponent ~ Weird Opponent
MOTHER - Roving Tank
Mother 3 - Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise (Brawl)
Mother - Humoresque of a Little Dog (Brawl)
Mother - Snowman (Remastered) (Brawl)
Earthbound - Fourside (Melee)
Earthbound - Onett (Melee)

(Cave of The Past)
Eathbound - The Cave of the Past
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!
Earthbound - Kraken of the Sea
Earthbound - Otherworldly Foe
Earthbound - Sanctuary Guardian
Earthbound - Against a Machine
MOTHER - Factory
Mother 3 - Strong One (Masked Man)
Mother 3 - Porky's Porkies
Mother 3 - You Call This a Utopia?! (Brawl)
Mother 3 - Porky's Theme (Brawl)

Two stages for the price of one. If any stage or series deserves this, it is Earthbound.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Rosters would be the same.
There would still be Samus, Zelda, and Pokémon Trainer.
They would just work differently on the 3DS version. Only the "same library" of characters is implied; doesn't mean the style of the characters has to be the exact same if certain aspects will not work on 3DS.
And honestly, splitting them up is the same thing as kissing some characters goodbye. It's really doubtful that Squirtle, Ivysaur, Zamus, and Sheik (at which point I would have to eat crow and accept Impa as a possible replacement) would stay by themselves unless there was the old EX mode concept.

This sounds like a good idea. Though I would need to actively see an example to make a further judgment. Got any good videos of this Eddie and Millia Rage?
Practically speaking, it's best if the two versions are identical down to playstyles as that means you'd be balancing two games at the same time. I'm at work so PM me about Eddie and Millia. You can see Eddie at a conceptual level by looking up the Guilty Bits video of him on YouTube.

D

Deleted member

Actually the remixed Dr. Wily Stage theme sounds like it was part of a medley. It started out with Megaman's Theme (MMIV Credits) which used the same chiptune/rock instrumentation as the latter Dr. Wily piece.
Ah, you mean like in the trailer itself, right?

I guess that could be so; the Developer video only contained a part of the Wily remix, so yeah....
It's strange though; I'm more excited for the music than I am for Mega Man himself. And the one song I knew would be associated with him, Wily Stage theme, is in. I'm like "YES!" when I heard it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unless it's some kind of medley or a mix that includes the original chiptune track somewhere (like what happened in the Brawl version of the Metroid theme), it seems we may have the My Music feature back or a similar feature replacing it.

That I can agree one. Nothing like seeing a beautiful stage like Ch.11's ground portion or Palutena's Temple in brilliant HD.
Seeing as Palutena's Temple is in Skyworld, we may have a new Skyworld stage featuring the temple itself or the Palutena's Temple itself as a stage.

The Underworld wouldn't be a bad choice either, since it's another iconic location of the series. Could have Medusa's castle in the background as well.

Other good choices for Kid Icarus stages could be the Lightning Chariot tower, the Chaos Vortex, the Rewind Spring, the Temple Ruins... heck, all Uprising locations would fit well in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Practically speaking, it's best if the two versions are identical down to playstyles as that means you'd be balancing two games at the same time. I'm at work so PM me about Eddie and Millia. You can see Eddie at a conceptual level by looking up the Guilty Bits video of him on YouTube.
I would agree it's more practical, but Sakurai tends to stray from practicality, ya know. :laugh:

And I'll PM you about them later; got to run some errands.

@Frost: Hades' Belly.
And Hades would talk throughout the fight. Best. Stage. Ever. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah, you mean like in the trailer itself, right?

I guess that could be so; the Developer video only contained a part of the Wily remix, so yeah....
It's strange though; I'm more excited for the music than I am for Mega Man himself. And the one song I knew would be associated with him, Wily Stage theme, is in. I'm like "YES!" when I heard it.

Yes, in the trailer it was playing a remix. In the Developer video it was playing the original MM2 track.

I've got to run, but Tri I'll post a list of some of my stage ideas for SSB3DS/Wii U in a bit.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Which reminds me, I'm rather surprised that we haven't had a lot of stage talk now that we know some confirmed stages as well as how they will be handled. I really want to talk about possible music for the currently confirmed stages.

I made this for that purpose but not much came of it, sadly. Got pushed to page 2 when all the interview stuff hit.

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
my predictions on SSB4:

it be perfect, then you can just click on each character and hear captain- captain fal- captain falcon- captain fal- captain falcon

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
So one top tier and one bottom tier character.

Okay.
I don't care what people think of me, I will always play as Captain falcon in this smash.
Show me yo' moves, Meta knight.

And now, back on topic.

Yeah, I don't own a Wii U, so I can't tell if it can use Gamecube controllers.

pikaknight

Smash Cadet
I don't care what people think of me, I will always play as Captain falcon in this smash.
Show me yo' moves, Meta knight.

And now, back on topic.

Yeah, I don't own a Wii U, so I can't tell if it can use Gamecube controllers.
it cant u have to use the new pro controllers

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I forever salute Low Tier Heroes.
Therefore, I salute you, Falchionx7

Now, I might as well start a good ol' conversation between people...
How must we unlock some of these characters? I know we only got like, 3 newcomers, but if they were unlockables...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Therefore, I salute you, Falchionx7

Now, I might as well start a good ol' conversation between people...
How must we unlock some of these characters? I know we only got like, 3 newcomers, but if they were unlockables...
queersloldm9.png

Be yourself man, be proud of who you are and no matter what..dont let anyone tell you...you aint beautiful - RealTalk.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
The pro controllers are those black/white controllers I saw in the WiiU wiki right? Had a feeling they would be the GC controller replacement.
Yes and no. Wii U Pro Controllers are being worked into increasingly more Wii U titles. It's the alternative for the babbies who won't bother to try out the Gamepad because it's "diiiffereeeeeeeent". I've used it in ZombiU's multi-player as well as Resident Evil Revelations and I know Pikmin will have the option to use it et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom