• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Tires don exits?

Edit: How come sometimes images appear as links when you quote it, and other times it coms out as the full image?

Images that're linked online with the insert/edit image function show up in quotes, but attachments from "Upload a File" get turned into links.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
*sniff* Jiggs, Roy, Lucas...you're all great heroes. I'm hoping I'll be seeing at least two of you in Sm4sh. :crying:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been reading some Smash Bros Community posts on Miiverse and my goodness I lost a few brain cells. Several requests were awful: creepy pasta stuff (Slender Man and that creepy Jigglypuff meme), Mega Man X, a crap load of third party characters from a single franchise (We're only getting one character per company as this is a NINTENDO crossover. There's the obvious big list of Sonic characters and one person made a huge list of Metal Gear characters), anime/cartoon characters, and more.

They really need to look at Sakurai's standards.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Been reading some Smash Bros Community posts on Miiverse and my goodness I lost a few brain cells. Several requests were awful: creepy pasta stuff (Slender Man and that creepy Jigglypuff meme), Mega Man X, a crap load of third party characters from a single franchise (We're only getting one character per company as this is a NINTENDO crossover. There's the obvious big list of Sonic characters and one person made a huge list of Metal Gear characters), anime/cartoon characters, and more.

They really need to look at Sakurai's standards.
Thats whats sad.....half the community has a brain...the other half....doesnt.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
As far as I'm concerned TL, Zamus, Lucas and a few others need to GTFO. l3 TL was so fun to play sometimes though.
I may be a bit biased here, but I don't get the hate for ZSS I sometimes see. She has a completely unique and very fun moveset and is a rep for a franchise that is severely underrepresented as is. Why cut her?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I may be a bit biased here, but I don't get the hate for ZSS I sometimes see. She has a completely unique and very fun moveset and is a rep for a franchise that is severely underrepresented as is. Why cut her?
Because people are stupid. Also, judging from the trailer that shows Samus using her Final Smash, I believe ZSS is back.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Because people are stupid. Also, judging from the trailer that shows Samus using her Final Smash, I believe ZSS is back.
I'm both happy and a little annoyed by that, because it means that I won't ever be able to use Final Smash as ZSS for another game now. I'm really hoping that they decouple the two characters entirely.

I'd much rather the WFT (obviously) than the slew of Anime/Sony/Microsoft characters that have been requested.
Same.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since the games are officially being called the generic names SSB for Wii U & SSB for Nintendo 3DS, I'm curious what word they're using for Special mode, Multi-Man mode, etc. One thing I'm thinking of they'll say "Battle Royale" that the Japanese versions of all Smash games have done in the normal battle mode. For Special and Multi-Man I'm a little lost.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Most Probz because Ridley/Dark Samus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZSS/Young Samus.....

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Most Probz because Ridley/Dark Samus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZSS/Young Samus.....

Young Samus? What?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cutting one character for another is lame, no matter the character, no matter the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since the games are officially being called the generic names SSB for Wii U & SSB for Nintendo 3DS, I'm curious what word they're using for Special mode, Multi-Man mode, etc. One thing I'm thinking of they'll say "Battle Royale" that the Japanese versions of all Smash games have done in the normal battle mode. For Special and Multi-Man I'm a little lost.
Multi-Man Smash? Multi-Man Battle?

Good question. :laugh:

Such a graceful display of your intellect. :smirk:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I know that ZSS isn't super popular in the games she appears in, but from a Smash standpoint there's really no reason to cut her. She's incredibly fun to play and Metroid is more than popular enough to rate three reps.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I've watched the SSB4 trailer a number of times now and I have to say that I do like it a lot more than the original Brawl trailer. For starters I thought the pacing was a lot faster and even then we still got more information than the Brawl trailer. The Brawl trailer barely had any gameplay footage but the SSB4 trailer had a nice balance of gameplay and prerendered cutscences. I also like the fact that they stressed how all these Nintendo characters were coming from different worlds, something that the Brawl trailer really didn't touch on.

At first I complained that the Villager was the only initial character shown but I after mulling it over I really like how they approached his reveal. You have to admit, the way he excitedly scurries off after getting the Smash invitation like Charlie Bucket after getting the Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory is downright adorable. Imagine being a little kid and getting a letter that said you could "play" with your favorite video game characters. I feel they captured that well. I also like that showed off his moveset and actually celebrated his addition. Brawl's trailer really didn't do this for their characters. It was more rapid fire and they quickly went from one to the other, not really detailing what they were contributing to Smash. As it did for a lot of people, it made me excited to play as a nameless avatar in the future.

Megaman's reveal was incredibly significant, especially if you're a long time fan of his. Megaman hasn't been in a game since 2010, he was excluded from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, he was made into a joke character in Tekken vs Street Fighter, and both Megaman Universe and Megaman Legends 3 were canceled last year. It's been rough for Megaman fans for awhile, to say the least. Why it's also significant is because most people agree that he was by far the most deserving third party character for Brawl. He's made close to 100 game appearances and has been the star of more than 70 games with more than 4/5ths of them appearing on Nintendo platforms at some point since 1987. Needless to say, the reveal was a very big deal. Snake might have opened the gate for third party characters but the most deserving third party character finally got a spot.

The only thing that I would criticize the SSB4 trailer for is that the Brawl trailer had significantly better music. As I said in another post, they didn't reveal as many characters but the way they did it was significantly more engaging than the way they did it with the Brawl trailer. Despite the curious lack of items, we also got a nice look at the stages in both versions as well as some of the subtle changes some of the characters are going to get. Despite my initial reactions, I do believe they outdid themselves on making this trailer and hoping that will be the ongoing them throughout the development of this game.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You know, on the subject of Zelda characters, I can't help but notice the bit of attention they put into Ocarina of Time for Smash 4. First off, there was the Gerudo music on one of the stages shown for the 3DS. This doesn't necessarily mean the stage IS the Gerudo Desert (remember that the Pirate Ship stage also featured two Zelda songs, Gerudo Valley and Song of Storms).

However, after looking at Link's design for Smash 4, combined with stage we saw on the 3DS, it makes me wonder if Zelda and Ganondorf's appearance in Smash 4 (assuming they return) will be based off of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. If they did, it'd be kind of disappointing, since I'm really looking forward to seeing what they will look like once a new Zelda game comes out for the Wii U.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'd be fine with 3DS OoT Zelda. Anything but Skyward Sword Zelda. I get nightmares just thinking about being stuck playing as SS Zelda until the next Smash comes out.

D

Deleted member

Link's design takes more from Twilight Princess.
It'd be kind of awkward to see OoT Zelda and Ganondorf with TP Link.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Link's design takes more from Twilight Princess.
It'd be kind of awkward to see OoT Zelda and Ganondorf with TP Link.
SSB4 Link is TP Link colored like Skyward Sword Link.

You know, on the subject of Zelda characters, I can't help but notice the bit of attention they put into Ocarina of Time for Smash 4. First off, there was the Gerudo music on one of the stages shown for the 3DS. This doesn't necessarily mean the stage IS the Gerudo Desert (remember that the Pirate Ship stage also featured two Zelda songs, Gerudo Valley and Song of Storms).

However, after looking at Link's design for Smash 4, combined with stage we saw on the 3DS, it makes me wonder if Zelda and Ganondorf's appearance in Smash 4 (assuming they return) will be based off of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. If they did, it'd be kind of disappointing, since I'm really looking forward to seeing what they will look like once a new Zelda game comes out for the Wii U.
There's a Gerudo Valley stage on the 3DS version. There are many details that give it away.

EDIT: And that means that Ganondorf has a home stage at last.

D

Deleted member

The design takes more from TP, however. That is the point I was making.
And in the 3DS version, Link is pretty much full TP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom