• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm still hoping Link's design, along with the other Zelda characters they add, will be from the Wii U Zelda game that comes out in the future. I mean, we can assume that if they release the new Zelda game before Smash 4, then this would make it more likely. But who knows, they might have their designs done by now. You know how secretive Nintendo is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm still hoping Link's design, along with the other Zelda characters they add, will be from the Wii U Zelda game that comes out in the future. I mean, we can assume that if they release the new Zelda game before Smash 4, then this would make it more likely. But who knows, they might have their designs done by now. You know how secretive Nintendo is.
It's possible, actually. I think we can arrive at a conclusion once Zelda is revealed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Since the games are officially being called the generic names SSB for Wii U & SSB for Nintendo 3DS, I'm curious what word they're using for Special mode, Multi-Man mode, etc. One thing I'm thinking of they'll say "Battle Royale" that the Japanese versions of all Smash games have done in the normal battle mode. For Special and Multi-Man I'm a little lost.
I'm guessing the will go with the naming conventions of Smash 64.

Speaking of Smash 64 I would love it if the Character Select screen had the throw-back 64 BGM.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually want them to use TP Zelda, and if possible, make OoT Ganondorf a look as if he came from TP.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I may be a bit biased here, but I don't get the hate for ZSS I sometimes see. She has a completely unique and very fun moveset and is a rep for a franchise that is severely underrepresented as is. Why cut her?
To make room for Ridley, of course. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

You know, on the subject of Zelda characters, I can't help but notice the bit of attention they put into Ocarina of Time for Smash 4. First off, there was the Gerudo music on one of the stages shown for the 3DS. This doesn't necessarily mean the stage IS the Gerudo Desert (remember that the Pirate Ship stage also featured two Zelda songs, Gerudo Valley and Song of Storms).

However, after looking at Link's design for Smash 4, combined with stage we saw on the 3DS, it makes me wonder if Zelda and Ganondorf's appearance in Smash 4 (assuming they return) will be based off of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. If they did, it'd be kind of disappointing, since I'm really looking forward to seeing what they will look like once a new Zelda game comes out for the Wii U.

I'm fine with Dorf taking a OoT inspired look. I loved his Melee look the most.

Zelda should be based off of SS though.

Also, Link's new look is like a mix of OoT, TP and SS. It's not really pinned to one style, but more of an original mix of the 3.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, Link's new look is like a mix of OoT, TP and SS. It's not really pinned to one style, but more of an original mix of the 3.
I made close observations and he's still mostly based on TP. His bow and bombs look the same as Brawl and TP.
The coloration, however, is like SS Link. It's basically TP Link with SS Link's coloration.

Of course that he still reminds of OoT, since TP Link is based on OoT Link.

D

Deleted member

I made close observations and he's still mostly based on TP. His bow and bombs look the same as Brawl and TP.
The coloration, however, is like SS Link. It's basically TP Link with SS Link's coloration.

Of course that he still reminds of OoT, since TP Link is based on OoT Link.
Well, his eyes are more menascing like OoT Link. I dig it.

I think the other two of the Triforce Trio should have more original looks too. Ganondorf being inspired more by OoT, and Zelda more by SS.

D

Deleted member

Please, no. Her nose looks ridiculous. I could deal with the loss of elegance compared to OoT or TP, though it would be disappointing, but that nose is just too much.
What's wrong with her nose?

Real talk though, SS is the best incarnation of Zelda so far, from personality, to development, to significance, to design. Her only flaw is her nose, but even in OoT she has an ugly nose. Maybe they can take the TP nose and put it on SS Zelda, problem solved. Smash now has 100% more moe.

micegoose

Smash Rookie
I just realized it's now canon that Samus' power suit parts don't fall off. The Power Suit just dematerializes. So if ZSS returns she probably won't be scary as hell at the start of matches anymore.

Also, SuperWiiFitTrainer64, you sure you won't regret your name later on? :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, his eyes are more menascing like OoT Link. I dig it.

I think the other two of the Triforce Trio should have more original looks too. Ganondorf being inspired more by OoT, and Zelda more by SS.
Yeah, I think they should aim for original designs for Zelda and Ganondorf. And Sheik too.

I'm quite satisfied with Link's new look, not only because he looks badass, but also because the arguments of Zelda characters in Smash being the most recent incarnations are finally debunked.

SuperWiiFitTrainer64

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrianYauger
3DS FC
2251-5824-0397
I just realized it's now canon that Samus' power suit parts don't fall off. The Power Suit just dematerializes. So if ZSS returns she probably won't be scary as hell at the start of matches anymore.

Also, SuperWiiFitTrainer64, you sure you won't regret your name later on? :p
I know I'm going to. I just needed to join this site after the reveal and this was the first thing I could think of.:upsidedown:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Please, no. Her nose looks ridiculous. I could deal with the loss of elegance compared to OoT or TP, though it would be disappointing, but that nose is just too much.
Not to mention that hairstyle. I thought Zelda (and Link, for that matter) looked atrocious. I think they should do what they did with Link and do it to Zelda, soften TP Zelda and make her cartoonier. Perfect. For Ganondorf, I think Sakurai should just adapt OoT Ganondorf to Smash4's style.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
I like Link's new look for Smash 4. It looks badass. can't wait to get my hands on the game and try him out again :)

Also, don't mind me. just plugging my desired Smash characters here with a video. (shameless self promotion)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I'm surprised. I've only watched the trailer 4 times, and it already gives me cold chills. That never happens; I consider that a good sign. :chuckle:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Since the games are officially being called the generic names SSB for Wii U & SSB for Nintendo---.
I dunno, I kinda like the potential anagrams for them (SSBU and SSB3DS, anyone?).

Here's a question: What do you guys think the overall theme for this incarnation of Smash will be? I.e., 64's lighthearted, cartoon-y fare, Melee's grit, and Brawl's sense of epicness and grandeur?

Smooth Criminal

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
What's wrong with her nose?

Real talk though, SS is the best incarnation of Zelda so far, from personality, to development, to significance, to design. Her only flaw is her nose, but even in OoT she has an ugly nose. Maybe they can take the TP nose and put it on SS Zelda, problem solved. Smash now has 100% more moe.
Heh. Well, personally speaking of course, I far prefer her TP design to her SS design. I find it much more elegant.

I dunno, I kinda like the potential anagrams for them (SSBU and SSB3DS, anyone?).

Here's a question: What do you guys think the overall theme for this incarnation of Smash will be? I.e., 64's lighthearted, cartoon-y fare, Melee's grit, and Brawl's sense of epicness and grandeur?

Smooth Criminal
Hard to say. The art is very lighthearted, and so are the new inclusions, but Mega Man's reveal trailer was quite epic. I'd tend toward predicting more of an emphasis on silliness, though. Sakurai will want to change things up from Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Smooth Criminal
Wacky yet Competitive.

The 3DS one leaning more toward the former and the WiiU one to the latter.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Look at around 1:25.
DK gets hit, but finishes his Up Special. Did DK get super armor on his Up Special, or has he always had it?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
On an unrelated note, this is the main character from The Order on PS4:

Looks strangely familiar... Hmmm...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I hope DK's Invincicopter can actually be used in all stages and not just ones with slopes.

Hoots for Playstation All Stars 2! :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder if this will be the last we will hear about Smash 4 for a while. I am also curious how many newcomers we will have around for this game. There were only three newcomers for the unveil, in comparison to Melee's four (had 14 newcomers in the final game), and Brawl's 5 (had 18 newcomers in the final game). I am guessing 14 newcomers at best for Smash 4, though I always felt that way.

I still think we are getting Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man. I just think its too weird for someone to have gotten both the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer right before the unveil, and that those three were pulled at the last minute.

I am guessing supposing those next three are confirmed, the rest of our newcomers will probably be:
- Ridley
- K. Rool or Dixie Kong
- Takamaru
- Palutena
- Shulk or the protagonist of X
- Toad (after the Super Mario 3D World announcement, I am further convinced he is the best choice there is for a Mario newcomer, and probably one of the few iconic Nintendo characters left not playable)
- Probably another new series newcomer we all never saw coming

Newcomers depending on cuts:
- Chrom (if Ike is cut)
- Impa (if Sheik is cut)
- "Classic" Link (probably won't be called Classic Link, and either Young or Toon Link)

Personally, I like the direction of them expanding into giving more Nintendo series playable characters. Pretty much every series except Metroid, DK, Kid Icarus, and Mario already has all the characters it needs.

Series I think need a playable character:
- Punch-Out
- Nazo no Murasame (more like stand alone game)
- Xenoblade/X
- Golden Sun
- Mii series
- Starfy
- Custom Robo
- Panel de Pon/Puzzle League
- Famicom/Advance Wars

Personally, the only new series possible newcomer I care even a bit about is Little Mac. The rest of the characters that potentially interest me for Smash 4 are all from veteran Nintendo franchises.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm still pretty skeptical of Toad myself. Like somebody said, I don't see why everyone is taking a Mario game in which the total number of playable Toads decreases as evidence for his likely inclusion in SSB4. :p

Glad to see any support for an AW rep. Really hope we get one this gen, as much for the potential it has to revitalize the series as for the sake of having a playable rep.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The next Nintendo Direct that has been officially announced is in October before the release of the Wind Waker HD and the Wonderful 101. There might be something then but there is also the possibility of Smash focused Developer Directs at some point. Either way, we probably won't be getting anything major until at least the fall.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm still pretty skeptical of Toad myself. Like somebody said, I don't see why everyone is taking a Mario game in which the total number of playable Toads decreases as evidence for his likely inclusion in SSB4. :p
Wait for the next NSMB game. :p

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I do agree that seeing more outright new franchises would be nice. DK and Metroid need one more rep but I think every other series is good at its current number, with the possible exception of Fire Emblem.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Series I think need a playable character:
- Punch-Out
- Nazo no Murasame (more like stand alone game)
- Xenoblade/X
- Golden Sun
- Mii series
- Starfy
- Custom Robo
- Panel de Pon/Puzzle League
- Famicom/Advance Wars
I think besides Mii (and maybe Panel de Pon), this is a perfect list. Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Isaac, Starfy, Ray, and Andy all deserve to be playable. It's just a huge shame that most of them won't be.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The next Nintendo Direct that has been officially announced is in October before the release of the Wind Waker HD and the Wonderful 101. There might be something then but there is also the possibility of Smash focused Developer Directs at some point. Either way, we probably won't be getting anything major until at least the fall.
October?

That's a pretty long time, don't ya think?

I thought there was supposed to be a Direct about the new Zelda in July?
That sounds a bit more believable. Where did you hear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom