• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Handbook

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
1.) Things I've Discovered:
There are many glitches, combos, and techniques I have discovered and am going to share. I will tell all about the facts, techniques, and combinations of Brawl.

2.) Techniques:

Marth and Ike have a very exclusive technique I call SSJDC or Short Second Jump Dodge Counter. This is a hard technique I created actually, if done correctly, is a one-hit KO. Requiring 3-Players, you need to double-jump, then dodge the first enemy, and use a counter ONLY IF the other one is recovering, then recover, as this is done in the air.

Link and Meta Knight have a hard-to-perform technique that requires both of them. I call it the L-MKDB or Link-Meta Knight Deadly Barrage. Another hard tech, is also a combo. It is and isn't what is said, requiring Link on the ground and MK in air, only after your enemy reaches 60%. MK has to use D-air, while Link used U-ground. Until the enemy is at 142% or higher, keep attacking, then use MK's U-Special. This is a tier perfect combination. Note: Have a pal help you.

I have discovered a technique very useful. Only 15 characters can do this, and it has 2 names. The first, "Ultimus" is named after me, and its true name is Moon Dodge. It is like the Melee counterpart, but better. I discovered that the best 5 are Link, Captain Falcon, Marth, Snake and Meta Knight respectively.

3.) Combinations:
I have created several combos, and will list only 2 so far.

You already know the L-MKDB technique combo. I have never realized the power before its creation. It requires a pal.

This next one is solely for Ness. It is PK Star Rush. Use F-air twice, D-air once, then U-smash, jump again, use F-air, and, if the enemy is out of edge range, use D-air once more. The enemy has to start at 30% damage, and can die at at least 70%.

Facts:
*If Marth and Ike use Counter at the same time when an enemy attacks, the enemy suffers 2x the damage he gave.
*If Link, Ganondorf, and Marth attack each other simultaneously, all 3 will hurt each other.
*The top 5 fastest characters in Brawl are: Sonic, C.Falcon, Fox, Toon Link, and Marth.
*Mewtwo actually is a playable character, but he has to replace Lucario's spot.
*Sakurai didn't want characters to be ridiculed, but accidentally overpowered MK. This will change in Super Smash Bros. 4.
*If Dragon King: The Fighting game was released, SSB would not exist.
*There are going to be Capcom characters in the 4th and 5th installments of the series.
*Fast-falling and air dodging work better in Melee than in Brawl.
*Link has the most forms in the series, being 12. This includes both Dark Links, both Dark Interloper costumes, the giant and tiny, and the metal and invisible.
*Link is more powerful than he looks, and even though there are tens of thousands of videos, he is still discriminated and put very low on the tier lists.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
The link metaknight one wouldn't work against anyone with half-decent DI.

I like the rediculously over the top name though. =w=

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
You're probably not doing it right. I suggest getting a friend to use it, okay.

Edit: Revised the MK/Link technique.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You know what DI is right? Its the ability to maneuver your character while in hitstun. The more hitstun a move has the easier it is to DI. Links U-smash inflicts so much its DI-able on its own. Just DI to the left or right.

Heres an example of what it looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhvmb3gj9Qo
Notice how he's in almost complete control of where he's going while being hit?

Its a necessity in brawl to survive longer by using this technique. Not only for escaping combo's, but for manipulating the trajectory your sent in when smacked with hard hitting moves.

Btw check out the rest of that dudes ****. Mr.dooms the man! =w=

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
MK can send them down when Link can move, no matter the Directional Influence. The worst that can happen is the enemy dodges or lands on the ground.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Analyzing Zeldafanultima.

Name: Fanboyish
Post content: Negligible
Willingness to learn: None

Results suggest troll or moron.
Engaging ignore list.
Removing threat.
Beepboop.
Threat ignored.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
You sure you are a professional? Show me a vid of you vs a lvl 9.

Anylizing sunnysunny.

Punctuation: Horrible
Smarts: Barely any
True Name: SuperFahkingCommunistTeleportingNakedGuy
SSBB Rank: Low-Middle
Evesdropping on me: Yes
Hater: Yes

Can you create a technique or combo? No?

Results: Low-mid moronic trolling smasher who discourages and evesdrops on others because he isn't to 2000 Posts yet.

Haha. Mish-neb-i-neb. I hate Teleporting naked guys!!!

TL?

Smash Ace
I also discovered a technique. You pick TL and throw a bomb while fast falling at marth who jumps and counters it. It has two names, the first is the "TL?" named after me and the other is "TLFFBTAAJMCY" or "Toon link's fast fall bomb throw at a jumping marth countering yo".

Some more facts:
If you get hit by an attack then you take damage.
Pikachu is yellow.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
dont' fall into the troll trap anyone else D: please

its so obvious.

djdevil96

Smash Rookie
You sure you are a professional? Show me a vid of you vs a lvl 9.

Anylizing sunnysunny.

Punctuation: Horrible
Smarts: Barely any
True Name: SuperFahkingCommunistTeleportingNakedGuy
SSBB Rank: Low-Middle
Evesdropping on me: Yes
Hater: Yes

Can you create a technique or combo? No?

Results: Low-mid moronic trolling smasher who discourages and evesdrops on others because he isn't to 2000 Posts yet.

Haha. Mish-neb-i-neb. I hate Teleporting naked guys!!!
Analyzing post...

Diagnosis: Butt-hurt

Suggestion: Try out my new combo, its called the "TLABAZABGD" or the "awesome combo", named after me.
It stands for Toon Link Arrow Boomerang Arrow Zair Arrow Bomb Grab Dead. it work 60% of the time, all the time

Facts:
*If super mario bros 2 never came out, super mario bros 3 wouldn't have come out
*Getting hurt gives you damage
*The only combos there are in SSBB are chain grabs, locks, and infinites
*I like turtles

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Guys, guys, be nice. Let's not torment people who are new. He's just trying to help (all be it miserably failing at it (no offence))

And people who are new, don't be mean either.

Top Bottom