• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Classic - HELP NEEDED!

peril1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhyetRhyet
I'd prefer side B moves be... removed >_>

I can't help much, but I'll be keeping my eye on this project.

Veril

Frame Savant
Live Project, LIVE!

The two things that matter above all else in making this like SSB are shield-breaker combos (so really high shieldstun) and 0-D combos (so high hitstun). You don't need to take away side-b moves O.o, doing that adds nothing to the game. Think of the combos!

"Doesn't want to lose Ganon's side-b"

Whoever's currently involved in this project should PM me ;p (esp If you're halving the number of throws)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm kind of on your side with the side b moves. It would make a great thing to have as an enhancement feature.

Also, I'm currently the only one working from my knowledge. Uzima sent me a 64 falcon pac that he made for an old PSA character but other then that, I haven't got anything from anyone. Since I'm not sure what to PM you about, just go ahead and PM me.

Rikana

Smash Champion
It'd be easier to have a starting point. Just work off of Brawl+. Increase hitstun and shieldstun. It'll be a good start.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
It'd be easier to have a starting point. Just work off of Brawl+. Increase hitstun and shieldstun. It'll be a good start.
that would not work -.-;;

smash 64 and vbrawl have very simaler fall speed and even genural game machanics. EX, fox and falcon have almost the exact same auto cancels in both games, up-air especially.

brawl+ is far to fast and fast fally

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
I also played smash64 a while ago and I recognized that C.Falcon has a less lagged dash and if just some frames faster than in the other games.

Also the jumps in the whole had a bit more speed which made the falling state appearance earlier.

Another criteria is the F.Punch its loading time is shorter and the hitbox is a bit bigger, also the whole punch animation looks other than in Brawl. More speed on the punch and less momentum. Plus it's a very strong hut.

Luigi's special upB hitbox also is bigger.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Question: How did you get the animations from SSB 64?
If I misread the OP, let me know.

I'm willing to make Yoshi's animations like his smash 64 animations.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I support this project.
Give me a full this of things that need to be disabled for all characters and I will do it.
Heres what I think has to go so far.

Grab Pummel
Grab Break->Auto Fthrow
Wall Tech/Wall Jump Tech

Anything else?
I made some codes in the other thread.
Feel free to use them, gimme credits though

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Sorry for the late reply.

Uhh, is there any way you could disable fast falls during aerials? And possibly a auto Z Cancel code (full lag cancels)?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
There is no code to disable FF during aerials. I might look into it later.

As for Z-cancels, I believe that does exist somewhere and if not it would be easy to make.

EDIT: It just occured to me that the correct code (with a timer instead of LOL-canceling with the ability to hold the button to cancel) does not exist outside Project M. I will consult shanus for permission to modify his code.

Almas

Smash Lord
You guys are going over the top with some stuff.

To remove airdodge etc, simply use PW's Action Modifier. It's the oldest code in the book.

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm referring to the idea that some of the things to remove would be tricky when in fact very few of them would be. Using the conditional action modifier or the plain old action modifier you can straight out remove a lot of things from the game without any hassle.

Almas

Smash Lord
With the conditional, it's just one line, is it not, smartypants?

Qarano

Smash Cadet
I could maybe do my best to fully replicate smash 64 captain falcon.

Quick question, are you going to change the hitstun with a code or with PSA?

I desperately miss falcon's old smashes, especially the "yea!" kick. That would be my first order of business, a fiery kick where the captain shouts YHES!

But I digress, I am a complete and utter noob at brawl hacking of any kind. This would actually be my first project ever.

edit: nvm, someone else is already on the good captain.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I almost want to do some 64 Fox work. Even if I don't, I would like to list most, if not all, changes that are needed.
Jab, FTilt, and DTilt (might need trajectory adjustments) are fine.
FTilt is fine.
UTilt animation, growth, knocback, and trajectory (maybe) need to be changed. Needs to have the UTilt combo effect that most 64 UTilts have.
DSmash and USmash are fine.
FSmash animation and possibly other things need to be changed.
Nair, Uair, and Dair are fine.
Bair animation needs to be changed and sex hit effect needs to be returned.
Fair animation needs to be changed and knockback adjusted appropriately (drill kick single hit).
Reflector can be ground canceled.
Fire Fox is fine.
Laser like Falco's.

Thing is, this is without considering Falco and Wolf's movesets. Some changes might not be necessary like Reflector and Laser, but everything else is good to change.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
As a 64 player myself (I've probably played with you before) I really wouldn't want an upgraded version of smash 64 as it is the only game of the smash series that is perfectly fine on its own. It would also be too much work trying to give every character in brawl a 64 like moveset and have it be as balanced as 64. If anything it would end up being a downgrade from the original

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, I made animations/PSA coding for Pikachu's 64-style dsmash, bthrow, and fthrow, though they didn't have this project in mind; I can give them to you if you want.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
is this project dead cause if not then awesome :D if so then D:

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
I made a bunch of disable codes for this I thought...they are in a thread somewhere.
Found your codes Dant.

No Charging Smashes(Affects All Characters)[Dantarion]
04FB2A28 00000012
04FB2C40 00000012
04FB2D28 00000012

No Grab Pummel[Dantarion]
04FAF748 00000012

No Ledgehop [Dantarion]
04FB6630 00000012
04FB6648 00000003

Here is the thread of the original Brawl 64 project by WheelOfFish as well...incase you might think about adding some of those codes/suggestions...though alot of people just spammed and troll'd about Smash 64.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248572

I hope this doesen't dies...This project.... it needs to be made eventually.

Top Bottom