• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. DS

Graceful Assassin

Smash Cadet
Language
Javascript

Engine
Game Maker

Description
A DS Game but for the PC.

SSBDS is a game for the PC, but looks like the DS. I am using sprites that look like Fire Emblem and games close to it. So far, there are 12 confirmed characters, and 10 stages, though this may change. Demo 0.1 Coming June 28.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If you don't have any progress to show then this is just going to get locked. Throw us some screenshots or something.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Now, I don't mean to sound rude, but from my knowledge I'm sensing a few lies in your post. The main one I would like to point out is that you say you're using Javascript, which is mainly a web scripting language which is difficult to make a game with unless you're amazing at it and know your way around the DOM for HTML5 objects such as canvas, and even then it would only work in a web browser, and then you say you're using Game Maker, which doesn't even support Javascript. How, may I ask, do you plan to use the two together? Secondly, unless you're experienced with Game Maker like 4nace, I personally don't believe you'll get very far, especially with the complexity of what you've already posted implies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I was already seeing a pretty hopeless second attempt at a Smash fan game when you put Javascript as your language and Game Maker as your engine, neither of which makes any sense at all. Like pokelover980 said, Javascript is for web code. Just plain Java on the other hand would be what you're looking for and even then, it's kind of dumb that you mention a language and then Game Maker, which isn't an engine by the way. Game Maker's GML is a simplified and limited subset of Delphi, a cousin of C++ and C#. That would be the language you're using (which you don't even need to state in the first place). The engine is the set of defined coding and physics you use (or for visual designers, the graphics engine) for building your game off of. Game Maker does not lay that out for you. Rather, you have to build that.

And again, this looks incredibly hopeless.

LordJax

Smash Cadet
It's the second time you make a post with a ridiculous project that won't even comme to fruition. Just stop posting already.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey Graceless, don't post if you don't have anything to show.

I wish I could sage.

Also, the hell why is it called Super Smash Bros DS if it's not on the DS?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hm. What happened to "Elite"? Give up on it already? You already did some work on it, I don't see why you'd just drop it and start another project that's likely even more hopeless.
Also, isn't Rumble already playable on the DS itself through a Flash Cart? This seems rather pointless.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Insufficient Information
Ah, thank you! The perfect lead-in to a topic I wanted to make a while back. Now, most of us notice that we have lots of brilliant people who do brilliant things. I'm not just talking about people like Phantom Wings, Kryal, Dantarion, or Bero who give us great tools; I'm talking smaller than that. People who decide to make the countless PSA characters that some of us use, or the fan-games based on the franchise we all love, and other such things. But one thing we lack is a bit or organization for all of it. You see, there have been many projects that threads have been made for, but they've just drifted away into the ether. Sometimes, it's a lack of interest. Sometimes, it's a lack of manpower and knowhow. The idea is there, but the ability is not. Or, the abilities are rampant, but not the sense that gives a project polish.

What I think we need is a thread where we propose projects before making these project threads. After all, no one wants to find out that that Street-Fighteresque codeset for Brawl has been dropped after two weeks of mockups and roughly thrown together ASM, or something of the sort. Not only would it reduce dropped projects that make people see three-month old topics on the 7th page and say "Neat! Can't wait till this is done!" in vain; people can get some attention from the people who can give proper support before making the thread for HYPE.

No doubt, some people are organized and dedicated enough to post a hype thread, and then show some progress regularly, and keep a schedule. Other people... :cool:

...aren't that graceful.

tldr; be more organized and dedicated, don't feed the troll, don't get fooled again

Graceful Assassin

Smash Cadet
Hm. What happened to "Elite"? Give up on it already? You already did some work on it, I don't see why you'd just drop it and start another project that's likely even more hopeless.
Also, isn't Rumble already playable on the DS itself through a Flash Cart? This seems rather pointless.
Someone locked my Elite thread. I surely didn't lock it.

"A game for the DS on your PC."
-Description

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Umm... I hate to burst your bubble, but with no screens, no one can judge that you made any progress.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Someone locked my Elite thread. I surely didn't lock it.

"A game for the DS on your PC."
-Description
The moderator that locked the thread stated they would unlock it if you provided proof that you had made progress and needed it unlocked to show the progress. I was assuming the fact it was still locked meant you had given up on the project.

I honestly don't see how you would pull off a smash "game for the DS on your PC". The DS has fewer buttons and control-sticks than the Gamecube Controller that most people use nowadays, and to use the touch-screen on the computer you need to have one hand on the mouse. That would make it exceedingly difficult to do anything but move.

Top Bottom