• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
So, mods, are you just having fun with this thread? I can honestly see why, if you are. However, I think this thread needs a lock, or else bad things are gonna go down. But before that, Graceful, I suggest you do one of several things:

1. Lock this thread, remake it when you have content. Even a well thought out documentation of what you want to do, what you need, and a basic runthrough of how it can be achieved is enough. Also, if I may make a suggestion, get a spriter/some spriters, and make your own so that things look coherent and not like you took sprites from different websites and different games.

2. Show some content, and QUICK. Unless we can see that you actually have the chops to make this, there will be no, as they say in the Workshop, "Hype." Also, you may wanna act a bit more professional. The internet shouting is uncalled for, and you've gotten way off topic. If you want us to take you seriously, start getting serious. And I don't mean to be rude, but I'll have to be; your questions are really bad. I mean seriously, you need to ask people what they can do for your game. Heart Pieces don't matter, most of the stuff can be Wiki'd, and the math questions were honestly the only relevant thing, and even they didn't make much sense. And show some of your credentials, dude. If you're gonna be project leader, why should you be? Show, don't tell. Let's see the game you were talkin' about. Let's see what progress you've made towards this.

TLDR: in b4 lock, stop acting like a chump Graceful

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was really graceful.

Again, you want to prove yourself, show us you have what it takes.

In before lock.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Couldn't have said it better myself, Diamond.

I'm really surprised that this thread hasn't been locked earlier.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
What the hell. Please stop with the caps. You're consistently proving that 13 years is hardly aged at all. Also, it's probably not a good idea to upload to development copy of your game. You didn't even check export into an .exe before uploading.

Most importantly, you don't deserve **** from us, not after all this thread went through just to get this from you.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't have GM on this computer, but there should be an option under File>.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE how you have ripped graphics from Crusade and how Link is marked as Mario in project file.

It seems like you have some GM skills (some - player hitboxes shouldn't really be separate objects, and that's after short investigation), but gameplay is outright bad (and buggy). Sluggish movement, crappy hit detection (looks like we're getting an actual sequel to SSF1), wacky Link's specials (what the hell is with neutral?), lack of starting platform (dead players instantly fall into oblivion - ridiculous design problem) and Bair.

As much Graceless Assassin you are, I appreciate the effort you put in making that OR the effort you put into trolling us.

dammit, I'm inspired to reactivate my Wii SSB clone when I already have a huge project :/

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haven't gotten the chance to play it as there's still a .gmk file in the upload, but that's pretty much what I expected: a severe rush job. You've at least accomplished the task of giving this thread a reason to exist, but it's hardly a worthwhile one unless you clean up the engine a **** ton. Otherwise, it sounds like you shouldn't even bother working on this, especially if you're going to steal from other fan games.

Graceful Assassin

Smash Cadet
Seriously, you guys are putting me through bull****. The next demo will be an exe file. The Mushroom Kingdom 1 Stage will be revamped, there will be new music, all bugs will be gone, there will be a new character, and furthermore, there are 2 new stages. I got some new things, and I promise I will give credit to anyone that helps me, and I give credit to Phantom7 for all these stages and characters. As people advance, they get smarter as well. Tell me how to make an exe file, and the second version will be here by next week.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
High expectations. If you're already showing results that don't even compare well with SSF2 and Crusade (and I'm not talking content-wise), you're not going to get good reception. Again, more time needs to be put into making the game feel good and if future updates just continue to add content, you're not going to have a good game.

And why the next demo for an exe? Just reupload with an exe. Leaving the gmk out there pretty much invites anyone to steal it. And for the love of god, please tell me you actually asked Phantom7 for permission.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I doubt he did. Phantom hasn't been on since the 10th.
One man team? Taking stuff from other games doesn't make it one man. Making your own stuff does.
I'm about to try it. I'll be back with my own comments, but from what I'm hearing it sounds like crap.

EDIT: Ok, first things first, all the stages are from Crusade, as well as the VS Mode menu thing and the background, as far as I can tell. Have fun when Phantom finds out.
Second, Link's side special can be used for infinite recovery.
Third, most attacks do 1 damage. Which isn't even in percent yet.
Fourth, by holding down and special, you can infinitely perform the d-special.
Fifth, on final Destination (probably other places too), doing a ledge jump teleports you way above the stage.
That's just in one minute of playing.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, how can it be a collaborative game if there's one person on the team?

EDIT ONCE AGAIN: Ok, it seems you've only directly copied 2 stages from Crusade, but the stage select screen icons are taken directly from it.
On the legend of zelda stage, if you hold Up and Special underneath the lowest middle platform, you'll perform the up-special endlessly, and the animation won't even play. Speaking of which, those platforms are fully solid, instead of being one-way. The hut on the right is also incomplete; the foreground part seems to be missing.
On the mario stage, when you're on one of the pipes it thinks you're still in the air and won't play the running animation.
Link's down-special can also be used for infinite horizontal recovery. It's like you're a helicopter.
When bumping against the side of any fully solid object (the side of FD, for example), your vertical movement speed is reset for each collision. Which equals massive stalling.
When bumping against the side of any fully solid object while performing an attack (S-special, for example) you will bounce off. While performing his D-special infinitely, you will reverse directions.
A match cannot end, as stock cannot be lost.
The placement of the damage meter and stock counter on Final Destination is waaaaaaaaaay off.
Shields recover excruciatingly slowly.

Yeah, at the moment it just looks like a crappy rip-off of Crusade and feels like an even worse rip-off of SSF1.
You've shown us it exists now. The next step is showing that it's actually worth playing over other fan-games like Crusade, SSF2, Super Smash Land, and Super Nuke Bros.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Once again, hi! I'm part of the Crusade team, as I said earlier.

Do you mind not stealing our sprites? None of us have been asked for permission, and to be honest, we don't particularly wish for you to have them. If you had a semi-decent engine we would consider it, but sadly, this is a complete rush job.

By all means, keep working on this, but please take out our sprites before we have to take action. That is all, my friend. <3

:phone:

Graceful Assassin

Smash Cadet
:mad: WILL YOU SHUT UP! When I make demo version 0.3, I will start using a zoom in zoom out function, a percent bar, a finished Link (one without infinite recovery), stop using things from Crusade, and start using my own sprites (except the sprites for the characters). I would also like a development team for some things, music, modes, etc. Also, it's your teams dumb*** to put the sprites along with the game, maybe Phantom7 would like people to use the sprites or be on his development team. BTW, what file does Phantom7 use for Smash Bros. Crusade, I would like to help, with the stage music, I mean, why not just add a speaker to the stage's pause function, or click the left mouse button on the stage icon and let the music start. Third option is adding music files with people who can make music. Anyways, can I use the sprites of your demo 0.3.1 game, you know, the mugshots, the stage icons, etc.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Real mature, kid. I'm sure that you'll get an amazing team by yelling and getting pissed off.

The reason why we have the sprites is because they're part of the game, and it makes it load faster if it is not all included in the exe. That does NOT mean that you can just take sprites without permission. So yeah, you may not use our sprites. Sorry, but that's just how it is.

On the subject of music, we do not need anyone to do stage music. You can put your own custom music already. The pause/play idea is interesting, but we can do it ourself if we really wished to have it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My, my. This thread certainly doesn't seem to be going anywhere good. I will be closing the thread for now. Graceful Assassin, PM me when you have your next demo or whatever and I will re-open it. Until then, all I'm seeing is back-and-forth bickering over what you claim is an already-obsoleted demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom