• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Clean version of the results screen theme - in case you didn't notice from hearing it in the background of various videos, it's actually a remix of the Smash 64 character select screen!

still find really impressive how such a simple music can get in your head quickly. Then again, the menu 1 from ssbm became my most memorable vgm just because I played it so much and it taught me how to love video games. For me, this is the menu 1 of ssb64; it means a lot for those who heard it.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Clean version of the results screen theme - in case you didn't notice from hearing it in the background of various videos, it's actually a remix of the Smash 64 character select screen!

Why isn't this the CSS theme for this game? It'd sound way cooler.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
At 1:40, you can barely hear Pac-Man's victory theme, which is the Level Start jingle from the original Pac-Man. Can't tell if it's remixed or not.

In the 3DS trailer, multiple modes are shown, but based on what on the screen, I think it's confirmed that Spectator Mode is back and keeps the betting mechanic. The bottom of the screen says "Finish spectating and return to the menu. (Any gold you've bet will be returned)" Also at the top of this screen we can see we're about to view a "For Glory / 1-on-1" match on Spirit Train, confirming Spirit Train having a Final Destination form and that there's a 1-on-1 mode you select when playing For Glory.

Also when showing off a "Tips" menu, it appears the "Footstool Jump" have been renamed to "Stepping Stone Jump."
Skuttler Mage in that video at 4:08 confirmed for Smash Run enemy.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see it in the OP.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Whelp, the search for Chunky Kong didn't turn up anything.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Why isn't this the CSS theme for this game? It'd sound way cooler.
Well, with My Music, you never know what's possible.

You are not the only one to bring this up, so likely someone in the staff suggested it as well.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Changes I didn't see in the OP:

Sheik: up aerial now behaves similar to Samus' up aerial with several drill hits and a strong hit at the end.

Sonic: Has a new down smash that looks like his break-dancing taunt from Brawl.

Kirby: Down special falls significantly slower than in Brawl (not 100% sure, this is just comparing from memory).

Fox: There is significant recovery when landing from a jumping laser.

Source: My own experience at Best Buy in London, Ontario, Canada. I played on Wednesday and Saturday. I played 4 games on 3DS (all as Sheik) and 10 games on Wii U (2 as Mega Man, 3 as Rosalina & Luma, 1 as Wii Fit Trainer, 1 as Samus, 1 as Zero Suit Samus, 1 as Marth, 1 as Greninja).

I will update this post if I remember any more details.

Last edited:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith I just saw the update you made, but this part under Fox should be changed:

Currently: "- Faster recovery when landing from using the neutral Special Move."
Should Be: "- Slower recovery when landing from using the neutral Special Move."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith I just saw the update you made, but this part under Fox should be changed:

Currently: "- Faster recovery when landing from using the neutral Special Move."
Should Be: "- Slower recovery when landing from using the neutral Special Move."
My mistake. It's already fixed.

Thanks for the info, anyway.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
You forgot a few things one Sakurai tweeted saying Game And Watch will be back but needs more tweaking and Issac is confirmed to return as a assist Tingle and Shadow too Magnus is also a new Assist (sorry if you already put this stuff) but hey good to get it out and we have a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run YAY!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Oops didn't read the Smash Run stuff properly sorry XC Still really hyped that we might get a RH Rep though!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You forgot a few things one Sakurai tweeted saying Game And Watch will be back but needs more tweaking and Issac is confirmed to return as a assist Tingle and Shadow too Magnus is also a new Assist (sorry if you already put this stuff) but hey good to get it out and we have a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run YAY!
I already have Magnus, Shadow and Tingle listed as Assists. The Rhythm Heaven enemy is also listed.

Is there any footage of Isaac? As for Mr. Game & Watch, I'll wait for his official confirmation via website/daily pic/Direct before adding him. I haven't found anywhere that Sakurai had stated that Mr. Game & Watch either.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
BillyTheKidd well i remeber reading that he posted that i'll go double check to see if i'm not going on a Wild Goose Chase:kirbymelee:

No footage of Issac he is supposed to do the same as he does in Brawl but again i'll double check

Well since i haven't posted more then 10 times i can't share a link

Last edited by a moderator:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I did not put those posts together it did it for me and Sheik Toon Link and Olimar's final are the same as last time and Kudos for making such a detailed List!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Here's a comparison between Brawl's and the new games' Final Smashes. Maybe it has something? We're reaching the bottom of the barrel. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I did not put those posts together it did it for me and Sheik Toon Link and Olimar's final are the same as last time and Kudos for making such a detailed List!
I merged your posts. Avoid posting multiple times in a row. Use the edit feature instead.

On the Final Smashes, only character changes are on the list.

And thanks! By the way, welcome to the site.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
On a side note who do you want to see in smash? personally i want Shulk and Chrous Men! or Choir Boys
Oh Thanks! Smash boards has a great community and i have NNID too my Username is same as on here so if you'd like we could chat some time! and i have got an idea for Chorus Men Final Smash its called Remix so all of the Rhythm Heaven characters come out and do some dances and songs to the Rhythm of the song currently playing and the opponents have time it right otherwise they take damage and knock back its the best i can come up with for these guys

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Nice train! I would like to DR.Kawshima Devilish Brain Training head in the back ground though but still cute!:4pacman:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Good guy VGBootCamp uploaded videos from them messing with all the characters in the 3DS demo training room. Probably going to get a good amount of info out of those.

In Luigi's video we see he can overcharge his Luigi Missile, which causes him to get tired and stop charging and that he has a new down throw where he butt stomps the opponent after throwing them into the ground.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm still trying to figure out who Little Mac's voice actor is. He isn't using recycled clips. It sounds like Matt Harty has returned to voice him again, but it's still too early to say for certain.

KodyTauros

Smash Rookie
NNID
KodyTauros
This probably isn't the best place to ask this, but does anyone know the song that plays when Pacman enters? I made my account the other day, so I need a certain amount of posts before I can link stuff for whatever reason, so sorry I don't have the trailer on me...

Attachments

Khoru

Smash Champion
This probably isn't the best place to ask this, but does anyone know the song that plays when Pacman enters? I made my account the other day, so I need a certain amount of posts before I can link stuff for whatever reason, so sorry I don't have the trailer on me...
hier

KodyTauros

Smash Rookie
NNID
KodyTauros
You my friend, are awesome. Thank you, I've been looking for that since the trailer came up.

eleanorvonclere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2398-9953
Thanks for the amazing work !

But isn't Tiki (from Fire Emblem Awakening) an assist trophy ? I believe so from Nintendo's Direct...

Dairz

Smash Ace
Thanks for the amazing work !

But isn't Tiki (from Fire Emblem Awakening) an assist trophy ? I believe so from Nintendo's Direct...
As far as we know, she's just a regular trophy. The direct gave no indication that she was an AT.

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
I think being able to use moves while dashing will become important in the new game. The ability to use attacks while moving was the major reason why wavedashing was so useful.

Also, I'm not sure if this is important enough but bouncing off someone's head while they are grounded with ZSS' down b now puts them underground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mgKHFDRBrtE#t=460

Last edited:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
- Game speed between Melee and Brawl
What does this even mean? Brawl and Melee both run at the same framerate already, and the demo had all of Brawl's limited and overdedicated movement with the same slow falling speed and no momentum conserved into jumps. The only thing in the game that's "between" anything is that hitstun can't be canceled with air dodges or attacks instantly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom