• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Super Smash Bros for Wii U's Attention To Detail

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So have you all noticed from the various amounts of detail in the Wii U version of Smash Bros.? For example you can even see blades of grass blowing by in BattleField. What else could this lead to? Rippling Waves? Wind blowing? Heat distortion of the Sun? Discuss.

nessokman

Smash Lord
So have you all noticed from the various amounts of detail in the Wii U version of Smash Bros.? For example you can even see blades of grass blowing by in BattleField. What else could this lead to? Rippling Waves? Wind blowing? Heat distortion of the Sun? Discuss.
Advice: only the last 3 words are needed in the title, the rest makes it overly long

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If there's one thing I've noticed, it's the beams of light you see during sunset on battlefield. You can see it most clearly in the Mario vs. Megaman match.

Those look pretty nice.

I do desire a bit more out of grass than a 4x11 .jpg with three frames of animation though

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If there's one thing I've noticed, it's the beams of light you see during sunset on battlefield. You can see it most clearly in the Mario vs. Megaman match.

Those look pretty nice.

I do desire a bit more out of grass than a 4x11 .jpg with three frames of animation though
Have you also noticed that the moon seems to wax and wane throughout the fight, and that it's visibility gets more or less transparent as different amounts of light fill the stage?

kgozi

Smash Rookie
also being on next gen they are able to add more effects and particles more ram to support, SUPER EXCITED

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It irritates me that on Gamexplain's Smash analysis, they zoom in to show the detail on Battlefield. Several leaves fly in front of the camera, and they proceed to point out the grass, completely ignoring the leaves.

But ranting aside, this game looks great.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Everything looks gorgeous... I like the lean toward the Primary Colors as well. Overall, the entire game is eye-candy.

Top Bottom