• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Melee HD version?

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Now we all know how a bunch of old fighting games have gotten HD remakes (Marvel vs Capcom 2, currently Street Fighter III) So what if SSBM got an HD remake for lets say, the Wii U. Obviously it would have online play. So...what region version would you prefer it to be for everyone who gets it? The NTSC v1.2? or PAL? Or how about you have the choice to chose which version the game is. Or maybe even when you click on a character it asks what version the character you want the character to be(kind of like Street Fighter anniversary collection)? What do you all think would make the most sense or would be cool?

rhan

Smash Hero
Notice everything you said was Capcom related. Smash is Nintendo.

We can all be like "what if?" but it's never going to happen..

And I still believe online play will make it terrible.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ah....it's fun to dream.
I really hope this sort of thing happens.
I mean hell, if they're going to remake ocarina, remake metroid 1, and remake other old games that people loved so much, why not remake 64 or melee? I share your dream vyzor, and I hope it becomes a reality.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think we'll get HD versions of GC/Wii games on Wii U. It's way too much easy money for Nintendo.

However, Melee might not be high on the priority list. Although it sold awesome, they probably consider it obsolete compared to Bawrl. Brawl will definitely get an HD re-release on Wii U.

If Melee does get re-released, there isn't a chance in hell it'll get online. This is Nintendo we're talking about here.

Zodiac

Smash Master
nintendo hasnt been as stupid as they usually are lately though, their letting a whole other company create online for wiiu. with wiiu they have repeatedly said they want to make games for core gamers. so does that make melee hd possible? Not really, it gets a better chance but its still out there. as for online i think with their new philosophy we could get that. but unless we get loud about it then nintendo will never know we want it.

(Btw I posted this from a 3DS, nifty eh?)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
They won't need to do anything, just have locked Gamecube support on the WiiU and call it "HD" and it'll be like the HD on Dolphin.

Jonas

Smash Champion
My point is that Melee is a polygon based game, so it doesn't really take much effort to make it HD. Virtual Console games even do this, with the original N64 games having much lower resolution.

For sprite based games, you have to completely redraw EVERYTHING in the game if you don't want people to complain about crappy filters.

Rykard

Smash Ace
isnt there an HD texture project already going on in the Workshop forums? steelia has been working on it for a while now

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
My point is that Melee is a polygon based game, so it doesn't really take much effort to make it HD. Virtual Console games even do this, with the original N64 games having much lower resolution.

For sprite based games, you have to completely redraw EVERYTHING in the game if you don't want people to complain about crappy filters.
True, UDON did it, it looks terrible too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Dolphin is nice. (If your a hacker)

But honestly an HD version wouldn't really make much of a difference at all as it would basically be the same, even with the inclusion of online play.

Unless it was titled SSB Melee Remake HD, yea, I would pretty much be hyped for it.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Well I only mentioned hackers because it's the emulator and it's based off a pc which a typical hacker would use with much difficulty, but I'm not going to discuss this.

vZakat

Half Genie
Honestly I would expect a SSB64 remake before a melee remake. Although nintendo has re-released other series, smash always seemed like once the new version is out the old one is obsolete (to nintendo).

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think we'll get HD versions of GC/Wii games on Wii U. It's way too much easy money for Nintendo.

However, Melee might not be high on the priority list. Although it sold awesome, they probably consider it obsolete compared to Bawrl. Brawl will definitely get an HD re-release on Wii U.

If Melee does get re-released, there isn't a chance in hell it'll get online. This is Nintendo we're talking about here.
lmfao brawl isn't going to get remade on the Wii-U if it has it's own smash.

OmegaXXII

Yea, unlike Sony & Microsoft, Nintendo doesn't give a **** about remakes, at least when it comes to Smash.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yea, unlike Sony & Microsoft, Nintendo doesn't give a **** about remakes, at least when it comes to Smash.

yeah. I soo wish they could make a Remake Of Ocarina of Time, maybe add a boss rush mode and Master Quest with it as well.....

yeah. guys it's obvious they are going to do something on the Cube's 10th or even 15th B-day, since they did with every ther major series. so best we can say is......wait and see.

Sai Winner of Games

Smash Cadet
somewhere between the 10th and 11th dimensions
NNID
SpiralDragon
3DS FC
1822-0827-5656
Melee without the GC controller?

yea

no
There was a story recently that said Nintendo wanted to design their WiiU games to need only 1 WiiU controller. I think this means SSB4 will have other control options, because you need multiple controllers for smash. This could just be allowing people to use the classic controller connected to a wiimote like with Brawl, but maybe while they are considering other control options they may remake a gamecube style controller?

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
The HD Melee isn't a bad idea. It could actually help the Melee scene rise but knowing that there is a new smash brothers coming for the Wii U, doubt that would happen..
I would like to see this new smash brothers. If Sakurai really agrees that Melee was superior like has said in an interview, then its worth the wait to see. Still I'm unsure it'll be as good as melee but shouldn't be as bad as brawl, I hope he realizes that the "glitches" that we all adapted to as a tool for high level gameplay are a good thing and not bad. Let's hope but not get to hype about it as we could be heading through another hell with a brawl-like game. :(

Top Bottom