• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros: Metagame - VIDEO AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sooooo....
surprise

i'm impatient.

just saving and reviewing the final product now - then i'll upload it for download - if you're about to go to bed i still recommend you do that - i have to watch it then save it which alone will probably take over an hour - then i have to save an ipod ready version - then i have to UPLOAD both of those versions - it could still be like 3 hours until it's up.

it'll be on youtube either tomorrow or the next day in segments - i really really REALLY prefer you actually download it though XD

anyways huzzah for impatience now that it's done i can't wait either XD

i'm uploading it to filefront so it'll actually be streaming there before it's on youtube if you're really anxious for a streaming link.

AntiLulz

Smash Rookie
holy mother ****ing ********. This was posted 5 minutes ago and already there are a ton of comments. I'm SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
This video comes closer to doing justice to Melee than any other video has, or will.
Great work Gimpyfish

This lived up to the hype and then some

Leacero

Smash Lord
Just finished watching, good stuff! Of course the video quality stunk at some times, but it's nothing that could be helped. Great combos and great way of organizing the video. :D

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
This is so depressing.

I didn't find out about this being released until like, fifteen minutes ago.

I saw some of it, and now I have to go to school =[

I couldn't convert it to MP4 format in time.

*WAAAHHHH*

I don't want to go another eight hours without watching it.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Hopefully I will have enough time to iPod format it before I go to school, so I can watch it on my way.
...And during my math final...

Vegard

Smash Lord
tripple knee isn't NEARLY good enough to make it into this video

it isn't even close
That is the most stupid thing I have ever read on Smashboards.

You made a really good video featuring a good mix of combos and nice moves. At first, I thought it was gonna be a pure combo video after reading some of your ideas. Apparently, even typical good 'combo characters' were shown doing nice edge guards and what not - which I think was very nice.

However, it's kind of individual what people consider good and worthy enough, and it's necessary to have a good amount of insight in each character to understand what takes the most skills to do.

When you say it isn't NEARLY good enough, it's easy to claim you're a true elitist. I mean what the hell? No way close? A lot of people think that clip would make a good appearance in this video, but you simply answer by basically saying no, without explaining why. I know you can't always argue with people to get a project like this done, but this is my general opinion of you and the whole project.

Considering the music selection, I think it was horrible. Yes, music taste is very individual and something I can't really complain about. Still, I feel like sharing why I dislike smash videos featuring video game music.
First and foremost, it's boring and overused. I generally have the idea that people with a little interest in music, manage to think outside of the tiny Nintendo square and have no problems finding fitting music to a Smash video.
I also know you 'tried' to fit it into a theme based thing, but who can really say they enjoy listening to poorly mixed Super Mario music?

Except for that, I think the video was entertaining and done very nicely.. It's just that I don't like your elitism.

WIGI

Smash Champion
it was a very etnertaining video, favourite parts were like, captain falcon and the entire zelda section for sum reason.
|
i must say tho as a luigi main i was slightly...not so much disapoited, more... i expected to much from it.

it did seem liek 90% of the clips for luigi were fireball->dair on a fox, witch is cool, but tehres much more to luigi than that.

still, tho, loved the video.

Milos

Smash Lord
Pretty mediocre, considering the buildup.

nothing of cactuar's fox? I know he doesn't combo, but this wasn't a combo video it was a metagame video.

no darkrain combo from E52? c'mon

there were like 3 clips of m2k's marth, and m2k's marth is the best character in the world.

disappointing, gimpy.

Handorin

Smash Hero
However, it's kind of individual what people consider good and worthy enough, and it's necessary to have a good amount of insight in each character to understand what takes the most skills to do.
People also sent him stuff to put in. If you didnt send stuff, your fault.

When you say it isn't NEARLY good enough, it's easy to claim you're a true elitist. I mean what the hell? No way close? A lot of people think that clip would make a good appearance in this video, but you simply answer by basically saying no, without explaining why. I know you can't always argue with people to get a project like this done, but this is my general opinion of you and the whole project.
Ya, Isai sucks. Too much elitism. /sarcasm. Watch the video, it is apparent.

Considering the music selection, I think it was horrible. Yes, music taste is very individual and something I can't really complain about. Still, I feel like sharing why I dislike smash videos featuring video game music.
First and foremost, it's boring and overused. I generally have the idea that people with a little interest in music, manage to think outside of the tiny Nintendo square and have no problems finding fitting music to a Smash video.
I also know you 'tried' to fit it into a theme based thing, but who can really say they enjoy listening to poorly mixed Super Mario music?
He explained why earlier. It fits fine. Personally, I wouldnt listen to it all the time, but it fit. It didnt distract from the combo video.

Except for that, I think the video was entertaining and done very nicely.. It's just that I don't like your elitism.
O, I guess you did watch it. Hard to tell.

Top Bottom