• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros: Metagame - VIDEO AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Jeebus, you're annoying persistent. The thesis of the combo video is outlined in the opening slides of text: the highest possible meta-game of every character after 7 years of development. This clearly implies that the video is a singles showcase; tossing in Wombo Combo as an introductory or closing primer based on the nagging of a Canadian 16-year-old is self-defeating.
i like this guy

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
kk, I'll leave for reals now.

Good luck with your vid Gimpy.

*walks back into my igloo*

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
question, how long are planning on making this? Because the trailer was 4 minutes long, with one combo per character. If we took every amazing combo out there for each character, this video would be a feature length presentation. I'd be chowing down on gigantic sodas, popcorn and skittles while I watched it. I'm mostly asking this to decide what I should look for if i link you to footage. There are very good combos, amazing combos, and once in a life time combos.

Captain Grenade

Smash Apprentice
with or without wombo this will be most likely the best combo video i've ever seen.
(maybe.)

and not to support that wombo should be in ssb:m, but if someone made a video where that would fit in, THIS would also fit.

that yoshi combo was crazy
i'm trying to send him better yoshi clips. LOL
but idk how yet since they aren't uploaded on youtube or anything.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
gimpy, please say this video is at least 2 parts

or is it weighted like some characters have more combos than others (based off the footage, or literal state of the metagame, ie top/high tiers getting more than M2/kirb/pichu). Either way, it looks like it's gonna be an amazing vid and im just hoping it's long so that i can waste that much more of my life basking in the glory that is a level of smash I'll probably never reach :p.

oh, and now that victra is gone im kinda dissapointed i wont see her avatar anymore. And yeah...wombo combo is just 2 guys grab releasing in teams...it's like it's never been done before or anything >_>. But a clip of 2 pichus one holding and the other one just jabbing is possibly the funniest thing ever, but that shouldn't be in the actual vid either

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
How can something so good..Not have made someone's head explode yet?
Seriously.
Also too, who(or what) are you looking at for the Yoshi, Kirby(probably Omni or one of the Smash Twins), and Roy(If you don't want all the clips to be of NEO and whatever, there is a good Midwest player named Ripple I play with, Roy main.)
I'm mainly curious about Yoshi, because I've only seen like..That combo video "We Don't Need No Third Jump."
Oh yeah, and Ganondorf, yours doesn't count Gimpy, the reverse warlock punch wall tech recovery will in fact blow heads, paired with so much other epic footage.

JFox

Smash Hero
i agree with gimpy 100%. first the wombo combo is already old, and putting it into a new combo vid isnt all that entertaining. second, it really doesnt fit. making combo videos is an art. with art, you don't just throw two beautiful things on top of one another and say u created art. everything needs its proper place, and if it doesnt fit, it isn't included. there are tons of combos, not all ur favor stuff is gonna be here.

most of u have no experience whatsoever in this area. i have faith in gimpy. this trailer was some of the best footage i've ever seen, and i have no doubts in the full video.

Captain Grenade

Smash Apprentice
Lets hope so. I have a trailer out right now, I dont know if the full video will be ready in time for this though.

Did you know that uthrow uair starts to kill around 125 on falco, and you can combo it til ~210%. Uthrow uair is too good, lol
yeah haha
i usually just follow their DI with a dash attack
then grab again.
i only uair sheik and falcon, usually. oh oh and ganon.
lol
yeah, i'll check that out tho.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I now so want to see the end product, I could see this as some kind of turning point to the popularity of Melee. Seriously, post this on the Brawl boards and we'll convert most of 'em XD...

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
with or without wombo this will be most likely the best combo video i've ever seen.
(maybe.)

and not to support that wombo should be in ssb:m, but if someone made a video where that would fit in, THIS would also fit.

i'm trying to send him better yoshi clips. LOL
but idk how yet since they aren't uploaded on youtube or anything.
Haha. The Blue Lazer combo was epic. However, we ended up losing that set which disappoints me greatly.

Thanks again Gimpy for putting my clip in that video. There is so much awesome in that vid. That kirby combo was my favorite. Who was that btw?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Surprisingly, that Kirby combo was also my favorite. In my opinion watching combos from low tiers is always a bit more entertaining than high tiers.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Honors for this video (25)
#79 - Most Discussed (Today)
#5 - Most Discussed (Today) - Gaming
#45 - Most Discussed (This Week) - Gaming
#11 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Germany
#16 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Australia
#10 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Canada
#61 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - United Kingdom
#82 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Ireland
#60 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - New Zealand
#10 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming
#22 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Spain
#5 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Mexico
#23 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Netherlands
#46 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Brazil
#34 - Most Viewed (Today) - Gaming - Sweden
#99 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Gaming - Germany
#85 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Gaming - Canada
#83 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Gaming
#37 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Gaming - Mexico
#38 - Top Favorited (Today)
#1 - Top Favorited (Today) - Gaming
#19 - Top Favorited (This Week) - Gaming
#85 - Top Rated (Today)
#5 - Top Rated (Today) - Gaming
#40 - Top Rated (This Week) - Gaming

King Kirby 90

Smash Apprentice
nice weeg pakman

that was kirbyking90
Haven't been on here for a long time. Just to correct you, my player nick is King Kirby 90. Nice to see you have chosen one of my old combos for your video. I don't know whether you have already seen my combo video but here is the link:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=DcexoOAxcog
If you also want to use one of them (personally I like the first one most) just contact me and I will send them to you in best quality.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
my bad

i already got sent yours in high quality somebody that knows you had the whole batch haha

also cool to see you posting here - i don't believe i've ever seen such a thing before.

XD

Top Bottom