• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ranked 9th by Guiness

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Most of the game series listed only had one game, so it isn't really a series. And the order of what is litsted is terrible.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Guinness actually did this for the last edition of their gaming edition of the "Guinness Book of World Records," but this year they switched it up by asking gamers to vote on the games instead of devs and industry pros.
So where's the poll? When did this poll start? How many people voted? As of now, Guinness is doing nothing but proving what they said in the first paragraph of this article:

Everyone loves a good list, but the problem is that anyone can make up a list and call it right.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
This list... it needs to burn. Now.

Excuse me, my eyes bleed.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
This poll is probably taken from a biased age group. (Age 8 to 16 most likely)

Street Fighter isn't even on the list.

Star Wars Battle Front is on there when its based off of Team Fortress, which isn't on the list.

FIFA is above Madden NFL by a long shot :/

Fallout is on there only because of Fallout 3(the first two sucked).

LEGO Batman above mario kart... Come on, I hate Mario Kart but THAT'S just low.

Kingdom Hearts above Final Fantasy >_>

Its nothing but current gen games, with a few classics making it on the list. What about Total Annihilation? The game that revolutionized the RTS genre. It's not on the list, despite being on most review sites top ten. The poll group is obviously biased and this list will never be taken seriously. If it were Top 50 "Most Popular" Video Game's series then I would accept it. But for now its complete bull****.

And besides, this isn't something Guinness should be getting themselves into. Quality of games are based on opinion. There is no fact, and therefore no record to be had here. This list means nothing.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Notice how the whole list is like, all the games a non-gamer has heard of?
Like, if I went to a friend who wasn't a core gamer and started talking about System Shock 2, they'd have no idea, but if I started talking about Halo...

EDIT: I doubt they have played any Fallout game other than 3 -_-

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Notice how the whole list is like, all the games a non-gamer has heard of?
Like, if I went to a friend who wasn't a core gamer and started talking about System Shock 2, they'd have no idea, but if I started talking about Halo...

EDIT: I doubt they have played any Fallout game other than 3 -_-
They're better off not playing any of them. The entire series blows. But thats just me, since I hate open RPGs with no goal in mind. Couldn't even stand Borderlands for more than the first area, and I'm pretty hardcore into PC FPSes.

But System Shock is legit.

*edit*

Half-Life
Sonic the Hedgehog
Counter-Strike
Runescape
Just sayin', Runescape BARELY lost to COUNTER-STRIKE, THE MOST INFLUENTIAL COMPETITIVE FPS IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING.

**** this list is awesome.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
They're better off not playing any of them. The entire series blows. But thats just me, since I hate open RPGs with no goal in mind. Couldn't even stand Borderlands for more than the first area, and I'm pretty hardcore into PC FPSes.

But System Shock is legit.

*edit*

Just sayin', Runescape BARELY lost to COUNTER-STRIKE, THE MOST INFLUENTIAL COMPETITIVE FPS IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING.

**** this list is awesome.
I'm not a huge fan of Fallout 1+2 either, but I did enjoy them enough to finish them, and it annoys me when people just latch onto a series because one of them got a lucky break (Sort of like Ocarina of Time).

Counter-Strike being the most influential competitive FPS is debatable, it is definitely the most popular though.

Kole

Smash Lord
no civilization? no metroid? no street fighter?

the list goes on and on

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Counter-Strike being the most influential competitive FPS is debatable, it is definitely the most popular though.
You'd be high to claim otherwise.

Without it, E-sports would consist of all FFA FPS games where we all charge the lightning gun and spam that ****. I'm looking at you, Quake Live.

And Halo is much more popular than Counter-Strike. Doesn't make it good. Same goes with MW2. Horrible, horrible game, HUGE playerbase.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You'd be high to claim otherwise.

Without it, E-sports would consist of all FFA FPS games where we all charge the lightning gun and spam that ****. I'm looking at you, Quake Live.

And Halo is much more popular than Counter-Strike. Doesn't make it good. Same goes with MW2. Horrible, horrible game, HUGE playerbase.
Quake was very influential. It's a matter of opinion.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
-NO- Castlevania? Seriously?

And no Street Fighter is just straight up wrong. Even if you don't like Street Fighter, it's pretty **** hard to argue that Street Fighter II didn't have a -HUGE- impact of fighting games today.

UberMario

Smash Master
The fact that FIFA is ahead of Final Fantasy and Madden NFL is on par with Pac-Man show how terrible this list is, and this list is higly biased toward shooters and Electronic Arts.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
There isn't anything about Metroid? Preposterous! That game itself influenced a number of things. First, it is the predecessor of later female protagonists, rather than some damsel-in-distress. Second, tell me any other NES game in 1986 that allows the player to not just side-scroll left and right, but also move up and down and play in one giant maze, rather than levels. Third, Metroid influenced even Castlevania (see SotN and post-SotN), and any game that works like Metroid is called "Metroidvania." Super Metroid is by far one of the best Metroid games in the entire series, if not one of the best titles in all of gaming history. It's a classic, and it's still played even to this day. It is famous for the speedruns. That Halo got first in this makes this "top" list blatantly filled with nothing but fanboyism.

UberMario

Smash Master
The lack of Metroid, Castlevania, DOOM, Street Fighter, Conker, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, Earthbound, AND Mortal Kombat, aswell as several other games, is unbelievable, I mean seriously, since when did FIFA, Madden, LEGO BATMAN, and Pro Evolution Soccer have any importance or revolutionize the industry in some way, shape, or form?

And why the heck is Mario Kart considered a different series from Mario, and the Goldeneye series only represented by just 007 (on the chart it shows Goldeneye 007 as a series, which half of the games on there aren't)?

Shallow

Smash Rookie
These people are POOPY-HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom