• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ranked 9th by Guiness

CiViC

Smash Rookie
Series that should be on here:
Castlevania
Streetfighter
Metroid
Megaman

^Just to name a few. The list goes on.

Also, "27. LittleBigPLanet"? I know there's going to be a second one soon, but come on. A series should have at minimum three games. By my counting, there are more than ten games on this list that don't even belong to a series. And even if they did, those games shouldn't even be on there *cough* Runescape *cough*

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
^Megaman isn't a series, its a way of life

I lold so hard when i saw "Pac man"

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
My eyes just got sexually abused by that list.
#17 especially....
Final Fantasy lost to both Kingdom Hearts and a ****ing free Internet game.
(Provided you don't pay for anything extra.)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow... 1 and 2 are on the list in general... Guitar hero better than smash bros. ...Runescape over Kingdom Hearts? Let alone, in the top 20? =\

Goldeneye 007 BELOW the top 20... Pong better than Starwars Battlefront... Crash Bandicoot being on the list...

...This is the second most atrocious list I have ever seen in my entire life. I swear, this is almost as bad as the one where Halo 3, Halo 2, and Halo were the top 3.

Ridiculous.

Atlantian

Smash Rookie
If Guinness really wrote that list, then they've got some screws loose. The list is missing so many great game series, which are replaced by mediocre games.

SMAAAASH!

Smash Cadet
Where is Metroid?

Where is Earthbound?

Where is Megaman?

Who wrote this? Why do they want to throw their life away?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Am I the ONLY one here to noticed that Super Mario Bros. is 6?

Am I the only one that remembers that without Super Mario Bros, the videogame industry might have simply died in the mid-80s, with no videogames to ever spawn again after the videogame depression of the early 80s? The series that not just defines platforming, defines good video games, but let the industry ACTUALLY kick off again, #6?

This list has problems.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Am I the ONLY one here to noticed that Super Mario Bros. is 6?

Am I the only one that remembers that without Super Mario Bros, the videogame industry might have simply died in the mid-80s, with no videogames to ever spawn again after the videogame depression of the early 80s? The series that not just defines platforming, defines good video games, but let the industry ACTUALLY kick off again, #6?

This list has problems.
Well, apparently the industry kick-off is a worse kickoff than a pair of average shooters. =P There's totally nothing wrong with that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Too all y'all hating on RuneScape, technically it is on a series. The current game is technically RuneScape 2, but being an online game, it gets enough updates to be a 'series'. This game at any given point usually has 150k-200k players playing and had about 400k in its hayday. With about 15% probably paying 6 bucks a month to play, I'd say that's a very successful game, JaGeX IS the most successful online gaming companay after all.

Life

Smash Hero
The funny part is, it says "no arguments" in the title.

I also got a kick out of Blizzard getting all three of its well-known series on the list.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
The funny part is, it says "no arguments" in the title.

I also got a kick out of Blizzard getting all three of its well-known series on the list.
Props that they actually have series on that list. that alone is an incredible feat.

Meant like, most of that list is not a series, but a game, blizz has three SERIES on it, thought I'd explain that as it was not crystal clear.

On a side note I love when guiness polls 12 year olds in england, this might seem up to date over there :dizzy:

no offence meant, you guys get games so late it's not even funny.

Top Bottom