• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. the movie--Who would you cast?

Jammo

Smash Cadet
The Perfect Pit. The most beloved Child Actor of all time.

Macaulay Culkin!

Isn't he the picture of youth and innocence?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Conan O'Brien's head as Lucas

Gary Coleman as Mr Game & Watch

Rosie O'Donnell as Wario

Stephen Hawking as R.O.B.

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Ness would have to be those two kids from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Though one of them would have to dye their hair.

Seriously though Devito as Wario, I mean look at him:

And I'm feeling Willem Defoe as Wolf:

Ichida

Smash Ace
XDDD @ all the Wario O'Donnell suggestions.

Holy crap Culkin did get ugly... so sad...

*Agrees with Orlando Bloom for Link* I mean, come on. Give Legolas the Master Sword, dye his clothes green, give him a princess to rescue, and you've got Link. :)

Sheik? Talisa Soto. Kitana. :)

Hmm... I'll probably come up with more later.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
John Liguizamo could reprise his role as Luigi XD

Dennis Hopper could reprise his role as Bowser FAILSAUCE :D

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I will friggin blow you guys out of the water with my superior casting skills.

I am on my wii right now. When I get on my computer though....heads will fly.

Prepare yourself.

Sir_Psycho

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't this movie be animated? I mean, how would anyone play pikachu, jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Bowser, Yoshi, Lucario, DK, Kirby, Sonic, pichu, the rest of the star fox characters, and any of the characters from series from the before characters.

Ice climbers - any suggestions?
This movie would more than likely, in real life, be animated. However, this thread is more about outrageous, yet semi-accurate casting choices for the sake of hilarity. That being said, this whole "movie" is kind of a part live action, part CGI affair. So I guess you could say it's partly animated.

Conan

Smash Cadet
Anderson could not fit into the DEDEDE costume, so we will not see his bottom half throughout the movie.

Proof: Well, I had a picture, but I cannot find its URL :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

Roy (if used) should be Jeremy Sumpter. I saw a photo of him online the other day, and the resemblance hit me a mile off.

Link = Edward Speleers. Almost identical again.

Whoever suggested it, William Dafoe would be PERFECT for Wolf, at least voicing him if the more outlandish characters are CGI.

Oh, and Chuck Norris (I'm serious) as Captain Falcon.

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
Blue man group singer for sonic

toon link shall be a kitty with a link costume (cats eyes)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My favorites would have to be the first Peach casting as Kate Bonsworth (AWESOME), and "Juliet from Lost" as Zelda. Nail on the head?

And I'm feeling guilty as all the black people are being cast as monkeys... *squirms*

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't this movie be animated? I mean, how would anyone play pikachu, jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Bowser, Yoshi, Lucario, DK, Kirby, Sonic, pichu, the rest of the star fox characters, and any of the characters from series from the before characters.

Ice climbers - any suggestions?
Agreed. Even if the cast of the game was all human, a live-action movie would still feel off and probaly be horrible. Watch FF7: Advent Children or that 2-part Sonic OVA that they marketed as a movie and then watch any live-action video game movie (things such as The Last Starfighter, The Wizard, or that one horror movie that came out last year don't count, I'm talking about movies who are directly based off video games). Neither movies I mentioned are great, the setting for the Sonic OVA was a pretty different from the setting of the pre-Adventure era games, and Advent Children just felt like an attempt to cash in on the hoards of FF7 fanboys who hoped Areith came back, but both are just amaizingly better than the live-action abortions of video game movies we have gotten over the years, if only because the two movies I mentioned feel somewhat accurate and not like your watching something completley different from the video game its based off of (Doom is probaly the best live-action vg movie I have seen, though it's plot was still off and the acting wasn't top-notch) No live-action actor can truly be the game character that they are trying to be. CG and animation allow you to make the caracter more represenitive of what they are in the game. And considering most live-action vg movie have pretty bad scripts to begin with, accuracy is the only thing that would make it half-decent.

Or maybe games and movies just don't mix. Think about all the crappy movie baesd games. Or the FMV game fad

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Pikachu
and I have to agree with ozz3000. Chuck Norris should play Captain Falcon (imagine Chuck with golden nipples... woah)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Mario:Captain Lou Albano
who else?
Luigi: Ray Romano
Tabuu: Jack Nicholson
Captain Falcon: Sylvester Stallone
Olimar: Vince Vaughn and Deep Roy as the Pikmin
the guy who played all the Oompah Loompahs in CatCF
Lucas: Young Macaulay Culkin
Diddy Kong: Rick Moranis
Wario: John Goodman
Ike: Mike Myers
Sonic: Matthew Lillard spray painted blue
the guy who played Shaggy in the Scooby Doo movies
Solid Snake: David Hasselhoff

And finally on my list....

Kirby: CGI character voiced by Al Pacino.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
Agreed. Even if the cast of the game was all human, a live-action movie would still feel off and probaly be horrible.
lol of course it would be horrible it would kill the authenticity of smash bros forever, but just thinking of real people that resemble ssb characters is hilarious XD.

anyways....

samus- charlize theron

ike- keanu reeves

Top Bottom