• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Oh, in that case, there's no reason. I thought it was just connectivity. XD

Ah well, I'll reapply as many times as I have to, I suppose. I hope falcon reads that pm eventually.

EDIT: yeah, It's like a chat/thread hybrid.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Okay, some certain stages can have more...specialty in them, y'know, Not to mention we need a stage that goes up and down.

Also, Who Votes that we put the adventure mode levels on Crusade (My Levels).

Until now, I did not notice how many posts I had.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Not your levels. It's going to resemble Melee's Adventure Mode. As in, featuring levels that remind the player of the game they're based off of. But only with games represented in Crusade. Which means no Kingdom Hearts.
And he doesn't do any of his own work last I checked, so he probably doesn't have any sprites made.
And we really don't care about your post count. See mine? 123 of those are on this thread. Nobody cares though.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
@Det: I care. I truly do. XD
Also, I've never played Melee adventure. Is it straight platforming?

@ZeldaFan: If you can make stages, why don't you help with Crusade? Helping with a current project can be as/more fulfilling that starting a new one.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
If ya talkin' to me, I got most of them done.

Crusade has Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, Zebes, etc.
Mushroom Kingdom will be the NES Stage, but longer.
You meaning not you, since I'm pretty sure you didn't sprite all the stages you just mentioned. If you're so eager to have us take you seriously, then give a couple examples of your work. Show us that you have materialized (or digitized) your stage ideas.
Translation: Pics or you haven't made them.

EDIT@ Ensane: Yes, it's pretty much all platforming, save for the event stages. Here, you can read up: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode#Stage_1:_Mushroom_Kingdom

ensane

Smash Apprentice
@Det: Ah, that's cool. So it's like SSE without story and original stuff. Seems truer to Nintedno's roots.

@ZeldaFan: I don't understand what you mean. You're going to post some or work on them?

ensane

Smash Apprentice
@ZeldaFan: Okay, looking forward to it then.

Have they figured out scrolling stages yet? I'm guessing not since even moving platforms seem to fail most of the time.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
...But you posted before you did more work.
>_>
I wish there were moderators browsing this board so I could get one of them in here. I really do.
Can we please get back on topic?

@Ensane: It would just be moving the camera along with the character, like it already does in normal gameplay, or in the case of some stages, simply having the camera moving on its own.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Ah, makes sense. Actually that's enough to do Rainbow Cruise, sans the actual stage. We really do need a more unique stage. Or at least a stage with more unique hazards, like Chemical Plant Zone.

Actually, couldn't stages like Castle Siege be done fully if a fade effect was used to mask the loading time for the picture and differing platforms? The characters may have to freeze, but if it can transition fast enough, it shouldn't matter.

EDIT: Wow, 5 pages in 3 days. Hooray for activity!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
But not hooray for pointless activity! :D

I'm not sure how Castle Siege would work. One idea I just had is to have the entire stage work like a very slow animation, and have the platforms move or disappear at certain frames so the stage can change. Although, considering my lack of programming experience, that probably wouldn't work.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, that's a much better idea. It would work if GM is compatible with .gif. But that's the Falcon's territory. XD

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
I just saw that, like now. Pichu is CUTE. He should replace Purin, or Lucario, y'know, keep Melee Characters. Take away Brawl's Lucario, and add Melee's Pichu, that is what will make Crusade more like melee.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I think it might be prudent to put some kind of official character request app up. It would keep all these requests out of general discussion.

EDIT: I hate how much like Melee they're making it already. I started playing this specifically because they stated it would be more like Brawl to begin with /rant.

All characters from 64, Melee, and Brawl will be in. That won't change. I should metion that's not clones.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@ZFU: Take out JIGGLYPUFF for PICHU? *maniacal laugh* That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. I happen to main Jiggs in every smash game as well.
Jigglypuff is one of the Original 12. She will never not be in a smash game.
And they're not going to take out a character that's already complete. Ever.
And lol at how I abbreviated your name...

@Felipe: Ensane's correct, Simon is on the roster.

@Ensane: I was decloning Pichu though. Speaking of which...

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
YESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG D:!!!

I was mind****ed... HARD

paint can play movies Dx

Do you have VLC media player??? play a video with it, take a screenshot an paste it on paint (Dont close VLC)

Enjoy the mind**** ^^

ensane

Smash Apprentice
@ZFU: Take out JIGGLYPUFF for PICHU? *maniacal laugh* That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. I happen to main Jiggs in every smash game as well.
Jigglypuff is one of the Original 12. She will never not be in a smash game.
And they're not going to take out a character that's already complete. Ever.
And lol at how I abbreviated your name...

@Felipe: Ensane's correct, Simon is on the roster.

@Ensane: I was decloning Pichu though. Speaking of which...
But remember, even decloned he doesn't have space allotted to him on the roster.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Which was why I wasn't suggesting him for the roster roster in the first place. But at this point, DLC is just as hopeless.
Golden mentioned the idea of adding him in as an alternate selection of Pikachu though.

@Felipe: What the crap are you talking about?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I can "play" movies with MS Paint

open VLC Media player and play a video, take a screenshot of the video.

then, paste the screenshot on MSPaint

Enjoy the midn**** xD

dettadeus

Smash Lord
1. That's not playing a movie in MSPaint, that's viewing a screenshot of it.
2. Is there any particular reason you're trying to get us back off topic again?

@Ensane: From what I've been hearing it's not at all likely, although I have a couple of ideas of my own for how to implement it.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Pichu has not been seen in but one smash game, Melee.
Mewtwo is from Melee.
Toon Link is a Semi-Clone/Clone of Link
Where is Vaati? His sprites are on the Crusade thing. (I am not using Crusade Sprites)
Where's ROY!?
Young Link *claps 3x*, Young Link *claps 3x*, Young Link *claps 3x*!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Pichu's not on the roster because he was a clone.
Mewtwo's on the roster because he's freaking Mewtwo.
Toon Link is a Brawl vet, which automatically puts him on the roster.
Vaati is on the roster, IIRC.
Roy is on the roster, IIRC. They're giving him a new moveset.

@Felipe: Do I seriously have to get a moderator in here?

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Pichu has not been seen in but one smash game, Melee.
Mewtwo is from Melee.
Toon Link is a Semi-Clone/Clone of Link
Where is Vaati? His sprites are on the Crusade thing. (I am not using Crusade Sprites)
Where's ROY!?
Young Link *claps 3x*, Young Link *claps 3x*, Young Link *claps 3x*!
Mewtwo isn't a clone.
Toon Link isn't clone enough to be discounted. If you play Toon Link and Link the same way, it will fail miserably.
Characters have to be coded as well as sprited.
Roy is a WIP. This isn't a finished game.
3 Links is too much to be reasonable.

EDIT: Dang, quotes are still vulnerable to Ninja'ing.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Yeah, as much as I'd like Pichu to be in, Phantom doesn't seem to like any of my character suggestions and that kind of kills their chances.

Rosalina is on Staypuft's list. He's going to finish Goku's new animations first, but after that it's pretty much Rosalina all the way.

Top Bottom