• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Huh. Well, I've got my Gamecube adapter, but I can't seem to actually get any of the inputs to count. (I've tested the controller in some em's and it works.)

The issue is that I can't seem to change key inputs to controller buttons in game, and I'm not sure if it's an error on my end or what. Anybody got an idea?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Try Joy2Key
Is that going to affect the adapter I already have, or just help the button inputs translate to work in SSBC? I know the adapter works, it just doesn't like SSBC for some reason.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Is that going to affect the adapter I already have, or just help the button inputs translate to work in SSBC? I know the adapter works, it just doesn't like SSBC for some reason.
This software is a keyboard emulator for joysticks.
It converts joystick input into keyboard input (and mouse input).
Use it when you want to control an application with joysticks that doesn't support joystick input. If you wish, you can control even Word, Excel, etc. with joysticks!

The Hooded Informant

Banned via Warnings
I got a couple questions:

1. Can anyone let me join their game?
2. Will anyone join mine?
3. Before any of this happens, can someone help me out with Online first?

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
I was just playing the game and I want to know something about Mach Rider. When is the proper time to do his down special during matches I cannot seem to get it right.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yikes need more Donkey Kong representation. King K. Rool, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong would be nice.

Bowser and Ganondorf need to appear as well. Love Third party options... 1st Party Nintendo needs to be beefed up.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Looks like a great effort, I am not being critical. I couldn't even make a game with the original 12 cast so anything like this is a great effort. I cannot wait to try it when I get off work.

volbound1700

Smash Master
THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I played it some this weekend. Music and feel amazing.

A small tip to discuss, I would tone down the computers on the lower levels but other than that it was great. Funny Very Easy on Classic was tough until Master Hand.

You guys really captured Smash with this game. I hope Smash 4 could be as epic as this game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Last statemet was confusing, Masterhand was very easy. Question, what is the full final roster you guys have planned? I don't see it posted anywhere.

volbound1700

Smash Master
it's on our forum, there's a link in the op

or if you're just lazy

Ok saw that in forum, didn't know it was official roster or not since last date was 2/15/2012. That wasn't in the OP.

A couple of more thoughts about Final Roster, I believe Diddy Kong should be seperate and you guys should do a Dixie/Kiddy Kong combo. Diddy Kong already has a seperate play style in Brawl and people are use to it.

Also would be nice to see Skull Kid in final cut, perhaps a DLC :).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ok saw that in forum, didn't know it was official roster or not since last date was 2/15/2012. That wasn't in the OP.

A couple of more thoughts about Final Roster, I believe Diddy Kong should be seperate and you guys should do a Dixie/Kiddy Kong combo. Diddy Kong already has a seperate play style in Brawl and people are use to it.

Also would be nice to see Skull Kid in final cut, perhaps a DLC :).
There's currently a DLC poll on the forums and you can see it here. They also have a confirmed DLC listing and so far Skull Kid is winning as the Zelda character.

And if you missed Crusade's appearance at APEX earlier this year, 8 character have been confirmed to show up on the next demo (they say more will be on it too but that's a secret for us):

- Ganondorf
- Pichu
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Petey Piranha
- Ashley
- Snivy
- Phoenix Wright

Speaking of Pichu, I'm curious what buffs Pichu will get in Crusade after the fact Pichu is the bottom tier in Melee.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Did they state that Pichu was an alt of Pikachu in this one? That seems to be the case on roster list. Overall this looks like a great project and I don't even want to say that things are missing or it isn't great, I just wanted to give some ideas. I am thinking about getting a controller for my laptop to play this game.

Just curious, any more game modes coming like an Adventure mode or All-Star mode?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Did they state that Pichu was an alt of Pikachu in this one? That seems to be the case on roster list. Overall this looks like a great project and I don't even want to say that things are missing or it isn't great, I just wanted to give some ideas. I am thinking about getting a controller for my laptop to play this game.

Just curious, any more game modes coming like an Adventure mode or All-Star mode?
Yes, they said it's a Pikachu alt but from APEX gameplay footage it show that it still has Pichu's attributes like voice clips and damaging itself so it's not just a reskin.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
-pichu is a pikachu alt
-pichu uses his melee sound effects with one or two minor placeholders
-he does still damage himself (slightly more than in melee)
-he's faster
-moves have better range
-Flail deals damage and knockback based on pichu's current percent (the higher pichu is, the more damage and knockback it deals)
-most of his kill moves have been buffed slightly
-his fair can transition into a downwards iron tail flip where he meteor smashes the target or hit up and away like normal
-dair can spike in the early frames near his head

also the next version will be out at some point

volbound1700

Smash Master
I can't now Hooded but I can play tomorrow night around 9:30 US EST.

I am reading through the thread and I am at post 20. Wow this was flamed for the first several pages. Interestingly I had a post on the first 5 pages reacting positively to the start of this effort. Makes me feel better as a person that I supported Phantom.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Great news for Pichu :D I loved him in Melee. I don't care that he is the worst character in the Melee tier... i defeated all my friends with him :D .... dettadeus what about the down special? The Thunder... will it hurt Pichu if it hits him or will it hurt him if he just uses the special like his normal(was it called neutral?) special...i just like to know that because the down special was part of my style...

dettadeus

Smash Lord
oh yeah

thunder is his final smash

downb is Endure, which is basically like Olimar's whistle in Brawl; pichu gets super armor for like 10 frames, and can cancel the move into any other action if he's hit during this time

The Hooded Informant

Banned via Warnings
Hey, Dettadeus. How will Ganondorf play out in the game? Will he be faster and stronger, or will you make him slower, but way more powerful?

The Hooded Informant

Banned via Warnings
Will Young Link and Doctor Mario be in this game? As alternates?
I would really love to see Doctor Mario in this game.

And dang, that's enough info I need on Ganondorf.

Top Bottom