• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So, I haven't played this as much as I'd like so far, but it seems there's a bug with FSs in general, or failing that, just Evil Ryu's, Kirby's, ZSS' and Pikachu's. I haven't tried Evil Ryu's, but the other three's FSs often fail to hit (when the opponent is in the hitbox of course), and standing still seems to negate them a good portion of the time. For ZSS', it even sometimes shows them get hit and go into hitstun, but then it wears off and no damage was done.

Also, can we make the grab button JUST a grab button? The lack of dash grabs, or even being able to hold a direction while grabbing, is frustrating.

Can't jump out of shield? :(

Kirby's plasma copy (Is that what he gets from Pikachu?) is way too good.

Kirby has no lag on his FC? I don't know if this is a glitch, but that makes it a decent projectile.

Pika's thunder has a hitbox even after the animation disappears.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
So, I haven't played this as much as I'd like so far, but it seems there's a bug with FSs in general, or failing that, just Evil Ryu's, Kirby's, ZSS' and Pikachu's. I haven't tried Evil Ryu's, but the other three's FSs often fail to hit (when the opponent is in the hitbox of course), and standing still seems to negate them a good portion of the time. For ZSS', it even sometimes shows them get hit and go into hitstun, but then it wears off and no damage was done.

Also, can we make the grab button JUST a grab button? The lack of dash grabs, or even being able to hold a direction while grabbing, is frustrating.

Can't jump out of shield? :(

Kirby's plasma copy (Is that what he gets from Pikachu?) is way too good.

Kirby has no lag on his FC? I don't know if this is a glitch, but that makes it a decent projectile.

Pika's thunder has a hitbox even after the animation disappears.
Okay, on the FS's...
I have never seen Pikachu's miss when it shouldn't, and I have seen it more than anybody, I'm sure. I really don't know what to say about that one.
I tried out Evil Ryu's several times on different characters and found no problems other than the tornado interrupting it.
I have never seen Kirby's miss unless the opponent is far away (about a third the length of Battlefield) or is roll- or air-dodging.
Keep in mind ZSS's doesn't have much range. I haven't seen it fail either unless the enemy is dodging. If they go into hitstun and then come out, they may have DI'd out of the final hitboxes, but then again that move allows relatively low DI ability.

I think I'll work on grabs a little more, though.

Jumping out of shield... meh. I guess that's no big deal. Never really noticed it before.

I would have to disagree on Plasma. It rarely KOs and does 8% with the outer edge and 10% if the enemy is really close. Besides, it has low priority and can be stopped or clanked by almost every move in the game provided they have more range (in fact it has the same priority as Mario's Jab). Maybe I should nerf the outer damage to 7%, but no more. Just counter it the same way you would Blanka's electric attack in Street Fighter. :)

Hits on frame 5
hitbox 1 damage: 10
angle: 60
bkb: 7.75
kbg: 5.75
shield damage: 20
hitlag frames: 14

hitbox 2 damage: 8
angle: 60
bkb: 7
kbg: 5.5
shield damage: 20
hitlag frames: 12

Sorry, but I really am not sure what to say about the FS's that miss, because I promise you I haven't seen any serious problems since the update that make the FS's utterly fail. And I play this game more than anybody.

Aaron20b, I would say you need more RAM, but that's just my preference. :) You don't really need it. What graphics card do you have? If you don't have one, there's your problem.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Well, for Kirby's and ZSS', the comp was the one that should have gotten hit, so I can't say what they did, but for Pikachu's, I was spamming jump and AD with Kirby, then ADed to the ground and just stood still for the rest of it. Next time it happened, I ADed once, then remembered I could just stand there and not get hit.

Both times, I was standing on the top platform of the F-zero stage.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I have no idea, so I can't help you... Most people's silence is due to nobody having a clue.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
After stuffing around with Mewtwo for about 15 minutes I have a few things I'd like to say:

1. If you dtilt with him then continue to hold down then he won't stop dtilting until you let go. Pressing attack at the right time during this will cause you to Dsmash instead.

2. Landing during any of Mewtwo specials lets him slide along the ground, so for example, with his down B, he can slide at his walk speed as soon as he lands from the aerial version of it. Doing this with his forward B causes him to still jump like in the air.

3. (On FD) jumping backwards on to the stage with Mewtwo can cause him to drop into the stage up to his ankles.

4. Specials are cancelable with ledgegrabs.

5. You can't drop off the ledge by pressing down.

6. Pressing away from the ledge on the left side of FD is the same as pressing towards the stage on the left side of FD (but not on the right ledge).

7. Ledge get up can be cancled with anything at anytime, even walking of the ledge, which leads into a ledge grab again, and so on

8. Mewtwo's shadow ball charge stats off kind of off centre.

9. You're unable to hold Mewtow's shadow ball full charge as long as you want like in Melee.

10. Inputting a Ftilt on the ledge causes the sound effect to occur for no reason.

11. If you start charging a shadow ball and then fire it the entire charging sound effect occurs. Repeating this causes the effect to stack.

12. If you roll out of shadow ball charge by holding a direction you roll twice.

13. When rolling, inputting left or right will allow you to roll again, regardless of whether or not shield is held

14. You can't shield out of shadow ball charge, only roll.

15. You can't UpB downwards.

16. You can teleport through the stage (is it intended or not?)

17. You can't charge smashes.

18. Not really important, but if you die while holding a button, that button is ignored until it is let go of and pressed again (so for example, if you die while holding left, you won't be able to move left again until you let go of the button and press it again).

19. There is no way to exit the current match, like how in Brawl pressing L+R+A+Start on the pause screen lets you exit the match.

Overall, it's still a good game, just with quite a few kinks, but I guess that that is why it's still a demo.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Edit: I have made a patch for the demo! It fixes some of your concerns, such as glitches with Mewtwo, and tweaks a few other things, as well as adding the capability to grab while dashing.

To use it, replace the EXE of Demo 1.1 with the one you download. Windows will ask you if you want to replace the existing file with the same name, and you should say yes to replace.

Download here.

Here's a more specific list of changes:
Can now grab while dashing using the Grab key
Can now drop from ledges using Down
Fixed lagless ledge glitch and edge-cancelled Ftilt glitch
Fixed pressing away from ledge to climb up glitch
Fixed sound effect problem with Mewtwo
Can now shield-cancel Charge Shot and Shadow Ball
Fixed various sliding problems on landing aerials, including Mewtwo's Disable, Pikachu's Thunder Jolt, and others
Fixed Skull Bash's land-cancel problem

Most of Alfa's comments listed below have been addressed, FYI. I hope this helps everyone enjoy the game a little more.

For now, I think I am going to be making some new characters and stages, so bear with me, as I will be busy.

After stuffing around with Mewtwo for about 15 minutes I have a few things I'd like to say:

1. If you dtilt with him then continue to hold down then he won't stop dtilting until you let go. Pressing attack at the right time during this will cause you to Dsmash instead.

2. Landing during any of Mewtwo specials lets him slide along the ground, so for example, with his down B, he can slide at his walk speed as soon as he lands from the aerial version of it. Doing this with his forward B causes him to still jump like in the air.

3. (On FD) jumping backwards on to the stage with Mewtwo can cause him to drop into the stage up to his ankles.

4. Specials are cancelable with ledgegrabs.

5. You can't drop off the ledge by pressing down.

6. Pressing away from the ledge on the left side of FD is the same as pressing towards the stage on the left side of FD (but not on the right ledge).

7. Ledge get up can be cancled with anything at anytime, even walking of the ledge, which leads into a ledge grab again, and so on

8. Mewtwo's shadow ball charge stats off kind of off centre.

9. You're unable to hold Mewtow's shadow ball full charge as long as you want like in Melee.

10. Inputting a Ftilt on the ledge causes the sound effect to occur for no reason.

11. If you start charging a shadow ball and then fire it the entire charging sound effect occurs. Repeating this causes the effect to stack.

12. If you roll out of shadow ball charge by holding a direction you roll twice.

13. When rolling, inputting left or right will allow you to roll again, regardless of whether or not shield is held

14. You can't shield out of shadow ball charge, only roll.

15. You can't UpB downwards.

16. You can teleport through the stage (is it intended or not?)

17. You can't charge smashes.

18. Not really important, but if you die while holding a button, that button is ignored until it is let go of and pressed again (so for example, if you die while holding left, you won't be able to move left again until you let go of the button and press it again).

19. There is no way to exit the current match, like how in Brawl pressing L+R+A+Start on the pause screen lets you exit the match.

Overall, it's still a good game, just with quite a few kinks, but I guess that that is why it's still a demo.
Actually you may exit the match by pressing F3 during a match without pausing. You can see the controls by pressing F1.

Okay....
1. Dtilt thing is actually intentional. If you'll notice Ryu and Evil Ryu may also do this.
2. Down B and Side B sliding is actually a mistake.
3. Ah, I see. Still working on that.
4. Of course they are. You should be able to grab the ledge when you go near it. Unless using specific moves like Final Smashes.
5. No, but I was planning on adding that in.
6. Uhh, okay. I guess you're trying to say that you can climb up by pressing either direction?
7. That's weird.
8. Okay, I'll get out my magnifying glass.
9. Well, when I saw how much damage he was doing by holding it out, I thought it was fair. Eh.
10. Hm. Never experienced that before.
11. Darn it! I thought I fixed that! Maybe I forgot to save it?
12/13. The rolling multiple times thing I find hard to do most of the time. I actually never have seen this before I tried it a few minutes ago.
14. Shadow Ball needs help. I really must have been in a hurry.
15. That's sort of intentional.
16. It is, but it leads to problems and I need to find a way to let you do it only in certain places.
18. To be completely honest, I don't care about the button-holding death thing. It does that because the character gets reinitialized when they die.
19. Like I said use F3 during the match to declare No Contest.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Great! I'm definitely glad those things are fixed.

For those who don't know, I'm about to make a new logo for the game. I like the one we're currently using, but I think I can do better.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Can you make this have controller support? I dunno if its my program or what, but my computer keeps not reading my controller during the perfect time of which this game is actually running at 60fps for me, which is rare. This might remedy my dilemma or if anything give people more options.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Can you make this have controller support? I dunno if its my program or what, but my computer keeps not reading my controller during the perfect time of which this game is actually running at 60fps for me, which is rare. This might remedy my dilemma or if anything give people more options.
Well, for now you may use this: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm It's awesome. Maps your joystick to keyboard keys. So you could do basically whatever you want with the joystick.

By the way, did you notice the patch? Download by clicking here! It is a bit bug fix/mechanics addition to demo 1.1. Just replace the EXE of the old one with this one.

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
Falcon stop ignoring me and help me I know you are reading my messages as you scroll down these pages. I already gave you my computer information now how do I get this to work?

4nace

Smash Ace
@Aaron20b

Okay, sounds like it could be one of many things.

First thing youre going to want to do is try opening the game with nothing else open. I mean nothing else. Check your processes to make sure Firefox and everything is closed. There is a chance that your RAM is full and can't run the game.

Second thing is make sure you are unzipping it to a folder and not opening it right from the Zip. When you open the zip folder press the Extract all Button and then run the game from that folder. The Game cannot access its external files from a Zip.

Third thing you're going to want to do is check your hardrive. Believe it or not, Game Maker games need a decent amount of space to run for some reason and I've gotten that error with around 300Mbs still left but did not get it with over 1Gb left with the same game. Clear up anything you don't need.

And last but not least, try right clicking on the Game and running it in a compatiability mode if you have the option. I dont see why you should need this on an XP game but you never know.

Personally I think it should be number 2, but most people know to unzip by now so if its not that, then it could be your graphic card. Do you have access to another computer in your house / a friend's house?

-Dan

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Falcon stop ignoring me and help me I know you are reading my messages as you scroll down these pages. I already gave you my computer information now how do I get this to work?
Well, I tried...

Aaron20b, I would say you need more RAM, but that's just my preference. :) You don't really need it. What graphics card do you have? If you don't have one, there's your problem.
Please read!

And, what 4nace said is good stuff. Make sure you have adequate resources available.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
at first i was like :)

Will there be Mac Versions? Well, we only have the Windows Game Maker, let me do a little research and figure out how you may be able to run it. I am not going to spend too much time on this, however, since most of my Mac-using buddies have Windows emulators or Parallel Desktops or something. As of now, the answer is no, but maybe we'll get to it after the final game is released.

then i was like :(

Falcon88

Smash Ace
These no reason i should be getting these FPS dips can we fix this game so it optimizes itself or something?
Well, that is difficult to do with Game Maker. I have already made it so that some particle effects are not created when the frame rate is not above 50. I can include the option to draw mugshots in the HUD without transparency, if that would help, and I can have an option to turn on/off the combo counter, if you like. Running the game at a lower resolution may actually hurt the frame rate, as the renderer will have to scale things down, which is harder than scaling up. Of course, you may also turn off tags and disable V-Sync, which could help a lot.

I have had similar problems with sudden frame rate dips on my machine, believe it or not, when I used Vista (this issue doesn't occur as often in Windows 7). It was usually a combination of svchost.exe's, antivrus update server programs, and other background garbage slowing it down. However, there are times when I have play tested for like 20 minutes at a time, with no dips in fps at all, so it is quirky. Try restarting the computer if it is being weird about speed.

I can give you this advice, but I am not willing to let up on the graphics of the game. Sorry, but I have certain preferences of how this game should look. I will try again to optimize the code itself, but I fell I have already done that pretty well. Good luck getting the game to run. :)

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Your game shouldn't dip at all for anyone especially with a computer like mine that's just poor coding you don't need to make the game look ****ty just make it run properly and we will be fine. The game should run at a constant 59-60 FPS theres no reason for a dip for anyone who is running even a normal computer.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well Bak... you seem to be the only one getting that from what I see.

I know it runs fine on mine...

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
My computer has the same problem, actually.
Sometimes, restarting the computer works. That normally makes it run at full speed!
I'm not the only one, and even Falcon says his dips. It just shouldn't happen I have litterly nothing but the game running. I just update my GFX drivers so it can't be that. I have 2gbs of memory and with nothing else running it can't be that. I have a 3 GHz Dual Core processor definitely not that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They are working on Game Maker 7 for Mac. I would assume this means the game file created from this could be run by Macs. However, it's still under heavy beta testing. Stick to Bootcamp/Parallel/Virtual PC for now.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Your game shouldn't dip at all for anyone especially with a computer like mine that's just poor coding you don't need to make the game look ****ty just make it run properly and we will be fine. The game should run at a constant 59-60 FPS theres no reason for a dip for anyone who is running even a normal computer.
Please choose your words more carefully. It may be poor coding somewhere, but you make it sound like it's my fault, which is not true. I have done all I can to make the game more efficient. Windows is just quirky and sometimes doesn't allow enough time to run the game. Sometimes, but rarely, I will test the game, and it will run at half speed. I close it, wait a few minutes, and try again, and it runs 60 fps the whole time (unless a Smart bomb hits four players at once). It isn't that my fps dips, it's more like Windows is only allowing the game to run at a certain speed while bg processes are going, which is stupid.
Besides, this is a free game, and we can't please everyone. We have just me doing the programming and like three other helping with art and planning.
Try it on someone else's pc and see if they have the same issue. Compare your specs and try to figure out if it is just something running in the background or an incompatibility issue or something.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
I've tested the demo on multiple computers (For Example, The computers at school) and they all seemed to run fine with the game. btw, that new sig, Falcon, is pretty pimp.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm not the only one, and even Falcon says his dips. It just shouldn't happen I have litterly nothing but the game running. I just update my GFX drivers so it can't be that. I have 2gbs of memory and with nothing else running it can't be that. I have a 3 GHz Dual Core processor definitely not that.
If you have Windows Vista, that could explain a lot. It tends to run applications in the background that it doesn't allow you to see, so it may randomly slow down your computer a bit. It's much more obvious in Game Maker games, though, since those use a good bit of processor. I haven't had that problem unless Windows opens up some application, but it's usually visible without opening Task Manager.

The new logo is almost finished. I'll have it on Photobucket soon.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
The new logo is almost finished. I'll have it on Photobucket soon.

The new logo is muy interesante. It is more, I guess, intense. Although I gotta say, the Xach-effect used on the Super and Bros might be too white. But don't get your feelings hurt - this is still 98% good stuff.

You think you could make some custom hitsparks? Just for a basic punch or something? :) The way you did the red POW thingy behind "SMASH" looks good.

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, I played this; I must admit that it's much better than I expected (though I did expect a solid game).

Though I'm wondering if there'd be a way to create our own custom content (characters, stages, items, etc.)?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I played this; I must admit that it's much better than I expected (though I did expect a solid game).

Though I'm wondering if there'd be a way to create our own custom content (characters, stages, items, etc.)?
Not right now! I may distribute the engine after we finish the game, but only if the fans are REALLY nice to me. ;) But anyway, that's something to talk about later.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
All you folks complaining about reduced game speed should give this free program a try. It closes background processes that are unnecessary for gameplay, cleans up RAM, and defrags the game's directory. Hitting a button on the GUI then lets you turn the closed background processes back on once you're done playing the game. Every time I've played SSB Crusade, I've had GameBooster turned on, and I've never seen a single drop in framerate.

Of course, I'm using 64-bit Windows Vista with 4GB RAM and a Radeon HD 3200, so your mileage may vary. But hey, it's worth a shot, right?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
No, we don't have darkness hitsparks, but what I was doing was blending the generic one with purple and it looked pretty good. But since we are getting new ones, that might not work.

Also, I redid some things about hitboxes. We can now have as many hitboxes generated at once as we want, and only one of them will actually hit any individual player. Right now, I have a maximum of four in the game, and I don't think we'll need more. Also, attacks like Sonic's Dash Attack can now hit one opponent, go through hitlag, and keep moving to hit someone standing behind! Before, this was impossible, but I don't think anyone noticed. :) Now the hitboxes work the way they really should.

Snake's Nair has four hitboxes for each hit now, each one of them with knockback to help keep the enemy in the attack for the next hit to connect. Also, the damage varies depending on how close the enemy is, so you can do from 23% to 26% depending on how well you aim.

Also, it is no longer necessary for a standing attack to use create_hitbox2, but you may want to for sex kicks and the like if they have separate hitboxes, so you can edit their properties by saying "hitbox2.damage = 5*size" or something.

Zebia

Smash Rookie
I'm unsure if these 2 bugs have already been brought up, but while I was playing a few minutes ago I was testing out link against Waluigi and at the end of the match I performed a final smash to beat him, but for some reason, 2 triforce symbols showed up during the animation and after it was finished 1 of the triforce symbols stayed on screen even til the words "Game Set" showed up (I had done 2 final smashes in the same match before the final one and they both acted normally). It isn't game breaking but it certainly would be annoying if it had occured earlier in the match.
here is a picture of it happening http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/idontcare98/smallglitch.jpg
Now this next thing I found is a big problem (still unsure if it was brought up earlier). I was testing out Fox in Hyrule's Castle stage and I was checking his specials and I did Fox Illusion towards a wall, and well... I went right through the wall. I checked 2 more times with different walls and he went through them all. Goku has the same problem with his teleport. I haven't checked the other stages yet, so I don't know if this glitch is exclusive to Hyrule Castle.
Again, a picture of it occuring: http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/idontcare98/bigglitch.jpg
I haven't tested everyone out yet, so if anything else happens I'll be sure to report it. But besides that, I have enjoyed what I have played so far.

Aaron20b

Smash Cadet
Well I tried following those steps but I still can't get it to work, the first few times once the game is done loading or whatever, the loading box disappears and the game never boots up. Look even if it was my graphic card I would think it would AT least boot up! now the graphic card I use is very very very outdated! hell I can barely play a game like World of WarCraft on it. Its an old computer, I mean I do have a newer graphic card for it somewhere but everytime I install it, it causes alot of problems for my computer so I just keep it out and use my default one. however, I can play 2d games just fine so should be no problem...but the game won't even boot up and I have played games like Mugen with this computer, I mean if I can play a game like Mugen I see no reason why I can't play this

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I mean if I can play a game like Mugen I see no reason why I can't play this
Well, the current Mugen uses SDL output, and I am not sure what the old one did. Game Maker games on the other hand use Direct3D output. You will need the latest DirectX (which is 10, but 9 also works for this game).

Thanks for the bug reports, guys. Will be working on those for next time (which will be a few months). I am finished doing bug fixes for the current version and am just going to wait until to the next one to re-release (with the possible exception of the teleport through wall glitch).

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I have played games like Mugen with this computer, I mean if I can play a game like Mugen I see no reason why I can't play this
I love this line of logic. The next time a cop pulls me over for speeding, I'll argue that I can go 70 MPH on highways and I see no reason why I can't do the same in a school zone, since they both use roads and cars.

Look even if it was my graphic card I would think it would AT least boot up! now the graphic card I use is very very very outdated! hell I can barely play a game like World of WarCraft on it. Its an old computer, I mean I do have a newer graphic card for it somewhere but everytime I install it, it causes alot of problems for my computer so I just keep it out and use my default one. however, I can play 2d games just fine so should be no problem...but the game won't even boot up
I dunno man, don't you think this whole situation might be trying to give you some sort of hint? Like maybe you should get a new computer? Or a used one that is slightly more recent? And if you don't think playing this program is worth the price of a new computer, then maybe you should move on with your life instead of constantly bugging the programmer to better support your specific P.O.S. setup that you can't be bothered to update? (That's the hint I seem to be getting, FYI.)

PC gaming inevitably requires computer upgrades, just like how console gaming inevitably requires the purchase of a new console every 5-6 years. This is how technology works. If you don't like it or can't afford it, GTFO. We won't miss you.

EDIT: Falcon88, I strongly recommend that you guys add some Minimum System Requirements to the OP so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
System Requirements

That's funny. I know we used to have them, but why would they have been deleted?

Oh well, here goes.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
If your computer can't top this, then it won't play SSBC to the best performance level, or possibly not play it at all!

SSBC is a Game Maker game. That being said, you need to fulfill the requirements to play a Game Maker game on your computer, which are:
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
DirectX 8 or later
DirectX 8 compatible graphics card with at least 32MB of video memory
Pentium or equivalent processor
DirectX 8 compatible sound card
128 MB of memory or greater (noted only in official Game Maker help file documentation)
800×600 or greater screen resolution with 16-bit or 32-bit colors
From Wikipedia's Game Maker article.

Phantom7, please add this to the OP and the website.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
I tried the Game boost program someone posted and it still gives me 30 fps and lower on the game. I found this website while trying to search for a way to fix it.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=3747.0

Got a lot of ways to fix FPS issues in Game Maker games might want to check that out guys.

Still haven't found a way to get this to work right from my perspective. I mean the game boost cleared EVERYTHING even took out explorer.exe for a second.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Is there anyway I can play this on my Wii??
That would be awesome, but no.

I tried the Game boost program someone posted and it still gives me 30 fps and lower on the game. I found this website while trying to search for a way to fix it.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=3747.0

Got a lot of ways to fix FPS issues in Game Maker games might want to check that out guys.

Still haven't found a way to get this to work right from my perspective. I mean the game boost cleared EVERYTHING even took out explorer.exe for a second.
Well, I did a little more optimizing, getting rid of some collision events on the floors and platforms and other collision surfaces and converted them to collision events on the player objects. In the process, I fixed the bug where you can get spiked into the floor or jump at the corner of the stage and wind up in the floor. :) I didn't notice a difference in speed, but then again I got full speed before anyway. I doubt this will make a huge difference, but then again every corner I cut adds up. Just for trivia, in a very early version of the game, there was considerable slowdown in 4-player matches. I fixed that, though! There is still a difference in processor usage, but that makes sense. Lots of things happen in the "player" object.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
for the goku sprites, you should switch them to the sprites from that shonen jump crossover game. i forgot its name!
and for the ryu sprites, try the namco x capcom ryu
:p

the game is jump ultimate stars or somethin like that.

Top Bottom