• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super SMash Brothers U/3DS

Fork

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=4376]Super SMash Brothers U/3DS[/drupal]

From this IGN article it seems like they haven't even begun developing the new Smash Title =[

But apparently it will not be like Melee or Brawl, which is assume will be in between casual and competitive gaming witch would be nice to bring the community together so I can make more money off you scrubs, and I believe they will improve on Brawl because Nintendo is trying to cater to the competitive gamer on the Nintendo Wii U. As for improvements on Brawl he said he will hire a staff for balancing characters. He plans on starting with Brawl and improving on there for the next game. I assume no more tripping, larger hit stun, slightly faster pace,more technical maneuvers and a more balanced roster.

original article: http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I highly doubt they would.

I expect increase in tripping percentage.

Also no there will be air tripping.

Oroxis

Smash Rookie
I did not hear them say they are catering towards 'competitive' gamers, bro.
It would make sense if they were going for a balance between competitive and n00b because that's kinda what they're doing with the Wii U console. They're "trying" to make it more directed towards more of the competitive players instead practically only for n00bs. I'm not saying Wii's are terrible and only for n00bs because I own one. But seriously, there aren't that many great games for it.

I highly doubt they would.

I expect increase in tripping percentage.

Also no there will be air tripping.
They'll also probably slow it down a bit more and add 15 more characters with 1 being OP over all of them.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
WiiU is catered to experienced, not competitive gamers.

Competitive is like the furthest point of hardcore, where you're not playing games for fun, you're playing them as a profession, investing massive amounts of time.

Most people don't take games so hella srs, it's more of a hobby. Now of course people can invest a lot of time in hobbies and teenagers probably more than they should, but ultimately videogames aren't taken as like a profession, just a very important part of their lives.

And WiiU I'm pretty sure isn't that fussed about the small minority who make games truly srs bzns.

Oroxis

Smash Rookie
WiiU is catered to experienced, not competitive gamers.

Competitive is like the furthest point of hardcore, where you're not playing games for fun, you're playing them as a profession, investing massive amounts of time.

Most people don't take games so hella srs, it's more of a hobby. Now of course people can invest a lot of time in hobbies and teenagers probably more than they should, but ultimately videogames aren't taken as like a profession, just a very important part of their lives.

And WiiU I'm pretty sure isn't that fussed about the small minority who make games truly srs bzns.
My mistake. WiiU is not catering to competitive players. =(

I disagree, there are tons of people who play games competitively that have a lot of fun while doing so. Usually when people play competitively there's more negative emotions in the play and it is less fun because people will get pissed if they lose. But saying that fun is not to be had while playing in tourneys and crew battles and money matches...is...well.......not what I've experienced.

True that taking videogames as a profession is a bit overkill and the only game I've really heard go that far is prolly starcraft? but I think that's considered a sport now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I know a lot of competitive players enjoy the game (since I do lol but I don't have the competitive dedication) but...

There have been a million "I'M QUITTING SMASH RAGEEEEE" posts I've seen around. When I think of games, I really don't think I'm going to be "quitting" them like what the hell?

People obviously playing at a competitive level, but when you invest so much time and dedication into something and see it get crushed it can be very very frustrating, and way moreso than if you just get killed by a boss or some ****.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My mistake. WiiU is not catering to competitive players. =(

I disagree, there are tons of people who play games competitively that have a lot of fun while doing so. Usually when people play competitively there's more negative emotions in the play and it is less fun because people will get pissed if they lose. But saying that fun is not to be had while playing in tourneys and crew battles and money matches...is...well.......not what I've experienced.

True that taking videogames as a profession is a bit overkill and the only game I've really heard go that far is prolly starcraft? but I think that's considered a sport now.
You're incredibly naive. The amount of people who truly know what the **** they are doing compared to guys in CoD pubs who think they're big **** are a fairly small minority, dude. And what do you mean Starcraft is the only game that goes that far? You think all the other games are just hobbies that people play 8-10 hours a day in hopes of making money and being legit? I mean ****, even ign covers this a bit from time to time and ign is scrub tier journalism.

Oroxis

Smash Rookie
You're incredibly naive. The amount of people who truly know what the **** they are doing compared to guys in CoD pubs who think they're big **** are a fairly small minority, dude. And what do you mean Starcraft is the only game that goes that far? You think all the other games are just hobbies that people play 8-10 hours a day in hopes of making money and being legit? I mean ****, even ign covers this a bit from time to time and ign is scrub tier journalism.
I guess I might be naive on how many competitve players there are :(

Competitive players, especially on Nintendos consoles, are a dieing breed.

Yeah I knew that last comment I made was a stretch haha.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Melee was the only big nintendo game with a tourney scene before Brawl, and yeah Brawl's doing alright (in the most ******** sense of the word). So no, they aren't a dying breed, they're in the same one game niche as before.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm pretty sure Melee was the only big nintendo game with a tourney scene before Brawl, and yeah Brawl's doing alright (in the most ******** sense of the word). So no, they aren't a dying breed, they're in the same one game niche as before.

*cough* Pokemon*cough*

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It did have tournaments though!

But yeah Pokémon while deep and immensely awesome does lose its viability due to the massive luck factors involved. Luck based mechanics can add a bit more in a sense, but ultimately when it comes to the sort of "best mind/tactician" thing, eliminating all luck is what truly levels the playing field.

Still, what is Pokémon without hax? A true master can incorporate hax into his strategy and be the very best.

I say his because women can't be masters at anything, not unless they're cool and ride Land Sharks like Cynthia.

But yeah Pokémon while deep and immensely awesome does lose its viability due to the massive luck factors involved. Luck based mechanics can add a bit more in a sense, but ultimately when it comes to the sort of "best mind/tactician" thing, eliminating all luck is what truly levels the playing field.

Still, what is Pokémon without hax? A true master can incorporate hax into his strategy and be the very best.
Air Slash & Serene Grace. I hate this combination.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well more like Serene Grace + Thunder Wave + Iron Head for Jirachi considering the only good Air Slasher (Skymin) is banned lol.

TWave Iron Head Means that the opponent has a whopping 30% chance to attack each turn.

Yay hax!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I dunno man Togekiss is pretty boss.

Well was in 4th gen iunno about this gen but maybe I'll get into it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Togekiss isn't good when the top 2 strategies in the metagame **** you. Quagsire is used more than Togekiss now =p

Gen V is weird.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man this gen sounds silly I DON'T WANNA PLAY

Top Bottom