• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2023 Brawl Results and Shoutouts Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Super Smash Con 2023 Brawl Events
Chantilly VA
August 10-12
Head TO: Pidge

On behalf of the Brawl community, thank you to everyone that participated. This was the biggest event we've had in nearly a decade, so everyone from 686m to people that DQed going 0-2 we appreciate having you. If you are interested in continuing to play Brawl, feel free to add me on discord, username: chasethelux, or join the Brawl Central community directly: https://discord.gg/brawlcentral. We love this game and would love to have you join us for future tournaments, discussion, online matches, you name it!

Brawl Singles Results (223 entrants): Full results: https://www.start.gg/tournament/super-smash-con-2023/event/brawl-1v1-singles/standings

1stUSA 686MIceClimbersHeadSSBB.pngPeachHeadSSBB.png
2ndUSA Player-1DiddyKongHeadSSBB.png
3rdUSA HoennIceClimbersHeadSSBB.pngMetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
4thUSA CodyMetaKnightHeadSSBB.pngToonLinkHeadSSBB.pngSonicHeadSSBB.png
5thUSA GunnermaniacPikachuHeadSSBB.pngMetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
5thUSA Mikeray4SnakeHeadSSBB.png
7thUSA LuxMetaKnightHeadSSBB.pngIceClimbersHeadSSBB.pngZeroSuitSamusHeadSSBB.png
7thNorway BikeSnakeHeadSSBB.pngMetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
9thUSA DabuzOlimarHeadSSBB.png
9thCanada Big DKingDededeHeadSSBB.png
9thUSA ChiaROBHeadSSBB.png
9thUSA KyozZeroSuitSamusHeadSSBB.png
13th*USA IshWolfHeadSSBB.png
13thUSA IotaWarioHeadSSBB.png
13thUSA AzazelOlimarHeadSSBB.pngMarthHeadSSBB.pngMetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
13thUSA Ness682NessHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA ReauxIceClimbersHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA Hinkage[6]MetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
17thNorway GardexMrGame&WatchHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA Max PowerSheikHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA ShoMetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA PelcaSnakeHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA FinoOlimarHeadSSBB.png
17thUSA ScizorLinkHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA FEARZeroSuitSamusHeadSSBB.png
25thCanada SuperGirlKelsKirbyHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA RikoMetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA mario128WarioHeadSSBB.pngMarthHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA ToriMarthHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA ArchPitHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA TempesTDiddyKongHeadSSBB.png
25thUSA AshtoricLuigiHeadSSBB.png

Brawl Doubles Results (37 teams): Full Results: https://www.start.gg/tournament/super-smash-con-2023/event/brawl-2v2-doubles

Post Event Ranking Battles Tournament: (10 Entrants): Full Results: https://www.start.gg/tournament/cla...the-cure/event/brawl-singles-ranbat/standings

1. Bike SnakeHeadSSBB.png
2. Gardex MrGame&WatchHeadSSBB.png
3. Player-1
3. Lux ZeroSuitSamusHeadSSBB.png IceClimbersHeadSSBB.png MetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
5. Max Power SheikHeadSSBB.png NessHeadSSBB.png
5. Tori MarthHeadSSBB.png
7. Ness682 NessHeadSSBB.png
7. Ish WolfHeadSSBB.png
9. Grunyan MetaKnightHeadSSBB.png
9. Aqua (DQ)

DeLux

Uh... I put character Icons in the post above but it deleted somehow :(

Here are my Salty Salutations for Super Smash Con 2023:

Salty salutes to Long Beach Airport airport check-in and security, who almost made me miss my flight because it added 40 minutes to my wait, although that’s mostly my fault since I usually expect Long Beach to take 20 minutes tops

Salty salutes to our AirBNB air conditioner. It was a furnace Day 1 and then a fridge every day after.

Salty salutes to morning pools, evening higher level pools, and then morning brackets.

Salty salutes to (related to above) west coast to east coast jet lag. Kept my sleep schedule fairly regular with sleeping pills, but man I was feeling the effect of them early morning.

Salty salutes to Crash Tournaments Chia Mobile 5 person car rides. What a throwback to old school carpools! I promised that never again, but it was worth the exception this time.

Salty Salutes the 4.5 star Taco Bell giving us 0 star service

Salty salutes to the stream almost making gunner/bike/686/me fight to the death or coin flip for stream time. GGs chia for advocating to keep us on the block.
Salty salutes to Pidge and to us not deserving her. Pidge, I admire what you have done, what you do for the community. We would not be where we are now without you. Any time I feel like I’ve done enough for the community, I think about your commitment and am inspired to dig in a little deeper and try to make everyone around me a little bit better. I know you have been a feeling a little down on yourself regarding some mistakes, but please don’t take it too hard. If Brawl had taught me anything, there’s always a small chance that we’ll trip and fall when we’re forced to run too fast. But despite the falls, we get back up and do our best and laugh about it with time. You are the frame one invincibility on trip for the community.

Salty Salutes to 686M making my ZSS look like a FreeSS - Literally godlike this tournament. At first it was a little tough to get you to open up, but it was really nice to get you talking a bit as we waited for Top 8 . I’m not 100% sure, but you MIGHT be the best Brawl ICs of all time. Looking forward to talking shop with you in the future and maybe for a repeat SSC win that would help cement the legacy as the best of the best. But I know 100% for sure your Peach is crazy. Still think ZSS wins the MU though when not piloted by an idiot LOL. Thanks for giving me the Sopo clip of a lifetime, Imma adapt to desync blizzard to Fair faster next time. Let’s get that runback!

Salty Salutes to xXBowserMaste420YOLOSWAG69Xx aka Player-1 making my ICs look free all weekend and then GETTING DOUBLE ELIMINATED BY ICs - You are for my money, the best player in the world, and I mean that in all honesty. I don’t know for sure if anything we’ve talked about over the last few days, weeks, months, or years have helped, but I like to think I played a small part in achieving such a huge accomplishment, coming in 2nd at a national tournament. I love watching you play as a spectator, but as a friend I am so in awe of you and so happy for what you’ve been able to accomplish. I will always be your Player 2, no questions asked, even if it means losing 1000 more warmup sets or situational drills. Let’s rest a little, but get back at it and start putting in the work a few weeks from now and get you to that number 1 spot!

Salty Salutes to Hoenn on putting more evidence that I might be wrong about some things ICs- You and 6 have really helped keep the character alive, and for that I’m really grateful. It was nice getting to meet in person and talk smash for when we did. Great job getting annihilated on stream by Cody! I am proud of you and can’t wait to see you shield grab tornado in grand finals in the future, both are possible!

Salty Salutes to Gunnermaniac by showing netplay ranked doesn’t matter when major bracket hits! Good **** coming in 5th place, definitely taking one back for the old gen! It was great meeting you in person, especially since I’ve been using your pika and MK as a sort of litmus test to see how my co-mains have been developing. Thank you for being godlike at what you do, and it was also nice to meet your SO and that they are supportive of these kid games we play against each other!

Salty Salutes to Mike Ray, for just pulling a grenade with Snake. Well, we’re 1-1 in tournament sets now, although I’m a little sad with how I lost. I know you hate the IC CG, but it’s definitely not easy to execute under pressure, let alone against a Snake of your skill! There’s a reason you nearly took it against 686m though. And it was really moving for me, knowing your disdain for ICs, how hype you were for me for my one IC highlight on stream. I’m really proud of your progress as a leader in the community and am happy our old asses made it so far. Now we need to talk to seeders about why your quartet of the bracket had half of the top 8 lol

Salty Salute to Bike, for killing me with only nades all three games the set we played in singles and nairing the **** out of me in doubles. YO I CALLED IT before you played 686m. I watched you play for like 5 minutes and told Gardex, “Yo I think Bike is going to win [the set against 686m].” It was great to meet you and I am glad I could get you some more PR wins via Ranbats. Your bracket run was the story of the tournament, and it was an honor to tie with you! Good stuff in doubles as well, but next time don’t lose so early to take my team out.

Salty Salutes to Chia, who I let down in doubles. Chia, thank you for teaming with me in doubles. I know we didn’t get the result we were aiming for, but it was a joy to really prepare for the tourney. Your friendship in the community is my most important, so I am ride or die. Thank you for taking a chance on me over a decade ago, and it was proud to roll out the CT jersey for the big stage like it was 2013 all over again. Stop making me look bad by losing to ICs!

Salty Salutes to Big D, who is a top player despite not playing the game. WE FINALLY GET TO MEET IN PERSON! You are the most accomplished ICs in the history of Smash and my favorite player. I wish I had been a little better about keeping in tough over the years, but I’ve been watching from afar and so proud of what you’ve been able to accomplish. It was a dream getting to play friendlies with your DDD, but maybe we’ll get in some dittos next time!

Salty Salutes to Kyoz, who did not see me in grand finals. Ah man, we grinded so hard and came up a little short of our goal, but 7th and 9th at this level of a tournament is nothing to scoff at. You are such a bright spot for the future of the community, and we need to get you on the big stage because the world needs to see. Sorry I let down the ZSS nation against ICs; I still believe we win that MU, I just gotta not play dummy next time. I’ll catch you on night shift netplay soon!

Salty Salutes to Dabuz, who told me that ICs made him quit despite more or less losing a game to my Sopo and me dropping like a dozen cgs because of tilt. I’m sorry you got the double ICs treatment late bracket, but a lot of people would kill to come in 9th place at this event. I get that you are a current and legacy top player and losing that way is tought, but it was really sad to get that reaction from a competitor. I hope you reconsider quitting for the good of the game, and I’d gladly gentlemen’s to secondary vs. secondary next bracket if it helps. I really respect you as a player and what you have done for the game, so I hope playing me isn't the end.

Salty Salutes to Ness682 who was BEATING 686m until he SDed from ice shot pressure. You did really well at this event! Don’t let your mentality take that away from you. We’ll work on the mental game if you want, just hit me up for coaching. Special shout outs to Ness682 Dad for being supportive.

Salty Salutes to Ish for not telling me who he was when we were playing friendlies! Wolf is still broken! I’m glad we got to reconnect though. Sorry about the early pools and the DQ, but I guess thank you for allowing me to get top 8 since I would have lost if we played since Wolf is broken. Thanks for playing ranbats! Hoping to see you around discord more often!

Salty Salutes to Gardex, who beat me on every stage except for GW’s best stage, Rainbow Cruise. Little did you know it is one of MY best stages from years in the Midwest and still legal in KS! Looking forward to the battle of the boat in Norway; let’s set it up! I’m glad you were able to come and good **** for nairing the **** out of me in doubles as well. Good job in Ranbats!

Salty Salutes to Max Power who I would say is the only person that is a bigger lab monster than I am. I am actually salty you are doing the jump tilt stick stuff so effectively despite only using it for a month? That is insane. Looking forward to that training mod pack and also for you to make top 16 next SSC!

Salty Salutes to Fino who did not do that thing I taught him. Aw man, I really thought you’d be top 8ing the way that you had been playing. Now that you are no longer a casual, see me for some coaching and I’ll see you in grand finals next year. It’s been great reconnecting over the game the last 6 months leading up to this tourney. Through ups and down, I’ve missed having you in my life. You are best Olimar now

Salty Salutes to Pelca, who made me wait 3 hours to play bracket because he is an Ult god. I’m really sorry you had to choose between playing really late after your exhausting ult doubles run or really early the next morning. I wish I had seen more of you over the weekend and got a chance to catch up. You really do the Brawl community proud with your success in Ult. Rough draw on getting the DQ and early exit in doubles, kind of sucks that happens. Hopefully we can connect at another in-person soon under better circumstances!

Salty Salutes to Scizor who continues to defy the game engine and place well with Link. I still don’t understand how you do it. Makes no sense and is beyond comprehension. Can’t wait to start the socal Brawl revival!

Salty Salutes to Tori aka SSBBbrawler and getting destroyed by bracket luck. Tori, we both know you are a better player than your placing, and you proved it in ranbats that you can play with anyone. Don’t take bracket too hard and I hope I see your dancing blade go dancing deep into bracket next year. I appreciate everything you do for the community and putting up with my asshattery complaining in discord. It was great to meet you, and I hope we see each other again!

Salty Salutes to Aqua who really needs to figure out how to sleep during events like these! It was great meeting you in person. I’m lowkey starstruck by the ZSS OG every time we play. One of my favorite parts of the event where we came back post bracket and we played the friendlies while I waited for a ride back to the airbnb. Hope we get to spend some more time together next in-person event! Until then, there is always netplay!

Salty Salutes to Xu Factor who pulled the elite smash dip on me by beating me in one friendly after losing every game and then got up and left after taking one game. To clarify, Big D was not playing Player 1 as a way to practice for you in bracket. Player 1 sat down because I asked him to because Big D is an old school Brawl legend. I don’t think we knew who he had in bracket. So apologies, but just know we weren’t trying to do you dirty! It was nice to put a face to the name and I look forward to seeing you in more tourneys.

Salty Salutes to Grunyan who was able to tap into last game Grunyan when it mattered most in bracket a few times despite only using tap jump. I am so hype for how far you made it into bracket! I root for you harder than I root for myself sometimes. And my favorite meal was getting to catch up and talk at Indian food, where we had the true cali rule where if only if we an actually see it do we walk. Let’s hit the lab because like you said for next year, you’re going to be a problem!

Salty Salutes to Fishbait for continuing to make upsets over a decade later. FISH I thought you had an outside shot of making top 8 based on how our netplay went leading up to the event. You were definitely close! You are always going to be a ride or die, and I hope you stick around in the community. Good **** in melee too!

Salty Salutes to Cabbage who I didn’t let pick FD with Sheik by threat of ICs. Glad we got to play after out games on the discord! Keep at it, you’ll go far in this game.

Salty Salutes to Ashley who showed me that I have no idea what I am looking at when I am looking a box controller. That was the funniest moment of SSC for me, when we were playing snake dittos and I did a dthrow looked at your controller to see what you were going to do, and I had no clue what I was seeing and then you almost fsmashed me LOL Glad to meet in person and play a bit!

Salty Salutes to anyone I may have missed! There were honestly so many people that I caught up with that I tried my best to use bracket to remember them but that was honestly all I can get and I’m 5 pages deep on this write up. If I missed you let me know and I’ll write you up one no problem.

Last edited:

ninja1167

Smash Rookie
This is so sick, I made a smashboards account to reply. Great job Lux, this was great to read. Shoutouts to everyone who helped put this event together, it was great to watch and so nice to have our biggest event in almost a decade.

Also a few specific shoutouts as someone who wasn't at the event and was just watching at home (maybe I'll make it next year, but until then there's Big House!)

Pidge - Thanks so much for putting on such a great event. I know it must be tough, especially if people enter in 5 different games, but I'm glad we could have this event be as good as it was. Glad I could help out a little with the seeding.

Lux - Thanks for helping set up that stream for doubles, was sick to see (despite the lag), and thanks for setting up ranbats afterwards, more ranking data is always a plus in my book. Also this thread is sick

Chia - Thanks for working to make sure we got all of top 8 on stream, so glad we got those losers eighths that we missed last year. And thanks as well for the doubles stream, again was super sick to see and so glad it was able to happen. Thanks for the commentary as well

Mikeray and Cody - your sets with 686 were so so so close, you both nearly took out the champion from bracket. Get him next time, I know you can

686M - I don't know you that well, but if you can win despite barely playing the game, you're pretty darn good at it

Hoenn - that set against Dabuz. The most brutal set of smash I've ever seen in top 16 of a major, great job. Would have loved the JV4, but 6 stocking is good enough LOL. The fact that there was someone who thought I was you...there's no way I'm that good at the game, you're so good, keep pushing, you'll get your win.

Player-1 - I mean if you had went bowser in grand finals...All jokes aside way to go, like hoenn you're so good at the game, your win is coming too.

Bike - Beating 686 is crazy, way to go. Nice job winning ranbats as well, you're season is looking so good

Ness682 - TOP 16?? WITH SOLO NESS?? That was insane, great job, with a bit more practice against those nerves you clutch out vs 686

Max Power - Keep labbing, you'll get there, your dedication is so insane

Tori - 25th is still good at a tournament this stacked, and you definetly can do even better next year and clutch out top 16.

Thanks again for the great tournament everyone, wish I could have been there. Sorry I didn't shoutout everyone, but there are so many more people deserving of one.

Last edited:

Dnyce

Smash Master
Holy sh* it took ages to remember the password for a non-banned account… but we did it bois

686m - 김지수 is my bias too. I’m glad we got to play, I hope everything is alright. Despite little interaction, I think you rock. I’m sorry we couldn’t do the $5/stock best of 11… I was really not feeling it saturday. After our set I went back to the airbnb and didn’t stop sleeping until Monday, lol. I hope you keep playing brawl, and that we can be friends =]

Player 1 - you are a god at this game now, and it’s awesome to see... but gods lack the caution of common men, so I wish you’d believe me on some things lol. your bowser is fire and your diddy is bananas.

Hoenn - I didn’t know any of the new gen smashers and was just hitting up random people, a chance encounter led to some really great friendlies. Eating a burger during an IC chain grab is an iconic moment that will live in my head rent free. I was intending to enter smashcon just to see old friends, I did not expect to make new ones… nor have my competitive spirit ignited. You are one of THE COOLEST smashers in the scene. I look forward to when you get an adapter for netplay so we can practice dubs =]

Cody -

Gunnermaniac - I would’ve liked to play IRL friendlies with you, but I know you hate olimar… and I just wanted to be on good terms and simp. I’m glad we got to meet, you are a legend. Please do more commentary on Pokémon speedruns <3

Mikeray - you’re too cool for school. I love your attitude and approach to things. I wish we got so play some friendlies so I could either redeem myself or further expose myself as a fraud XD.

Bike - your snake adds wrinkles to my brain. It’s crazy how much you squeeze out of your characters, it was a pleasure to play you. I look forward to meeting you in bracket =] if you wanna run the oli matchup more, hmu on netplay.

Lux - Our continued friendship has brought joy back into my life. Thank you. Hook me up with the tools to lab this game again, I promise you I will come back a monster possessed. Don’t give up on brawl, keep chasing it.

Kyoz - I enjoyed chilling with you on the netplay discord, but after meeting up… I think we can be best friends. Your gameplay is inspiring and you’re super fun to be around. thank you for showing me that this game does not have to be played lame to do well… it makes me want to push myself to do more. Let’s grind it out, do better at the next one, and show people how cool brawl can be =D

Dabuz - I’m sorry if you feel like I betrayed you by playing 30% in to 1 game of friendlies with hoenn before your set with him. I hope, one day, you’ll forgive me. I’ll accept the silent treatment until then I suppose. I admired the fact that you still do well in brawl, but this makes me think you’ve only been doing well because no one knows the matchup. I haven’t played brawl in 10 years and there’s new top players to play, don’t punish me for wanting to play them <3

Chia - thank you for the car ride. I think our interactions were a bit too caustic for me. I would say I’m not sure what I’ve done to deserve it, but we go back a long time, so I probably deserve it. I hope next time things can be more friendly and less venomous. Times have changed - I hope we can put whatever it is behind us.

Azazel - good to see more olimar! It was nice to see you. We should collab, trade secrets, and get oli back up to 3rd on the tier list, lol.

Iota - i still don’t know what happened during our set. I’m a little salty I lost, but I do not think I would’ve done any better. I’ll work on my gaming endurance so next time I won’t be such a disappointment.

Ness 682 - ours is a story of two smashers who always asked to play at the worst times, lmao. I hope one day we can play IRL, it just didn’t seem to work out this time.

Gardex - it was super cool to meet you, fastest 180 I’ve seen someone make vs olimar. Your ability to adapt and consume information is unbelievable. Let’s play again sometime =]

Grunyan - sorry I missed doubles… but it was fun hanging out. You’ve improved a lot! Bonus shoutout to the sick controllers we have now, lol. Thank you for everything… I’m not sure what is and isn’t bannable in the smash community anymore, so I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Player-1

Smash Legend
1. 686M - GGs in grands, very salty I lost coming from winners side grands, but you have the best sopo I've ever played
3. Hoenn- Super fun friendlies post tournament and great job beating cody being humiliated by cody on stream
5. Gunnermaniac- GGs, it's been a while since we've played offline and I like seeing your Pikachu so glad we got to play offline since sorry wifi is too much for me sometimes
5. Mikeray- Glad we got to team, the non-MK team winning was awesome to see. Would definitely be down to team more in the future and GGs in singles
7. Lux- You're awesome, I'm sorry I fumbled the ICs MU so hard in grands. Super appreciate you organizing the bnb and always willing to lab and bounce ideas off of
7. Bike- Glad you got to come out to the US, like I said your Snake feels like it plays like an Ult Snake which is unlike any Brawl Snake I've ever seen. Props to being the only person to be able to beat 6.
9. Dabuz- I always appreciate you entering Brawl even though you don't practice it and it's not your main game. Super unfortunate bracket luck with the double ICs, even with no practice you're scary to fight though
9. Big D- Your D3 is super impressive even without practicing the game much. I really appreciate when old school players enter brawl, it makes the game feel a lot more alive and the competition more stacked, hope to see you enter again in the future
9. Chia- Thank you for driving us around all weekend and recording/streaming and everything, always a pleasure to talk to. Can't believe we didn't play at all over the weekend and nice job outplacing Cody lol.
9. Kyoz- Unfortunate we didn't get to play at all offline since online is sometimes too much for me, but hopefully next time
13. Ish- Very nice performance especially considering you don't play (I don't think) as often as some of the other people here. always nice getting to talk to you at events.
13. Ness682- Nice meeting you, glad you got to come to an offline event since you seem to always be active online
17. Gardex- Awesome for you to be able to come out to the US and hopefully you'll be able to come back sometime, maybe I'll be able to come out to a Norway event in the future
17. Max Power- GGs in singles, always appreciate the lab monsters being able to put things into practice. Looking forward to the scripts you were talking about for training purposes
17. Pelca- Didn't see you like at all over the weekend, but unfortunate luck in doubles. Glad to see you still trying to multigame like me lol.
17, Fino- Unfortunate MU check in losers, but I know most people above you on here were scared of playing you which is impressive since you haven't been back for very long. Also was glad to see you able to make a return to the national scene.
25. FEAR- Always great to see you at events, too bad we didn't get to play in Ult for practice, if you keep playing netplay let's play some
25. Tori- GGs in ranbats, appreciate the nice things you had to say about my Bowser
25. Aqua- Didn't get to talk too much, but was cool seeing a brawl legend like yourself come out again
33. Hb2- Haven't seen you around I don't think, but your olimar was pretty tough so I was impressed
33. Grunyan- Very fun person to be around over the weekend, hope we get to meet up again at another Brawl tournament
65. Xander- Last person I got to play at the event the whole weekend, appreciate the compliments from you. GGs in friendlies

Pidge Pidge - Thanks for running the whole event, everything ran smoothly from what I could tell. Thanks for getting us things like no tripping mod and all!
@Everyone else- Thanks for entering and getting this to be the largest Brawl tournament post S4.

Last edited:

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I wanna start by saying that this might be one of my favorite smash tournaments of all time. It was so stacked and we had so many amazing people to goof off with and bounce ideas of off, it really felt like a family and I honestly don’t remember feeling nervous at any point during this event other than maybe while playing in a minor way because I was too busy having fun laughing every 5 seconds. Was a bit surprised I continued to outplace my seed but I think the atmosphere that all of you create helped foster an environment for that. I cannot state how much fun I had, I really needed this weekend. Here is some love I wanna give individually:

Here are my shoutouts

Lux - Good **** on making top 8 it was really nice to see that all 3 of the main ICs made it and I’m happy we both took out Dabuz one after another giving him a nightmare finals day. You have such lovable, friendly, outgoing energy and your memes are hilarious and made my trip significantly better even if you teach people my matchup loool

Player 1 - Congrats on second, I really respect your consistency and the optimizations you have been making with diddy kong like the popgun jab lock and just generally not just sticking with the status quo of your character even in other games. I really enjoy playing with you (less so in bracket because I always lose lol) and while I don’t know you super well, you’ve always been pretty nice to me in the exchanges we have had and I’m thankful that my bracket demon is you and not someone like Cody. Also those friendlies on Sunday were super fun hopefully I get an adapter so we can play more and maybe lab some stuff out someday and both improve at Mk/ICs vs Diddy so we can both evolve.

Cody - good job on getting 9th in dubs and 4th in singles, it’s great to see you finally reach your potential

Kyoz - I think you are one of the most talented and hard working players in this scene, almost every time I play you it gets harder and I think you are gonna have your breakout performance sooner rather than later. You’re a super cool dude and you have been some of the best practice in the last year because you push me hard, you’re one of the only players in this scene that I’m scared to go ICs against. Wish we talked more this event but I’m always happy to see you and hang with you at these events :)

Fino - You’re one of the goofiest and friendliest people I’ve met in this community you made my weekend so fun with your silly antics. Both your skill against ICs and your general personality make complete sense given living with Lux LOL

Also thanks for both warming me up against olimar and also not being the olimar I had to play in bracket, your skill caught me off guard, and I was not prepared to fight you in bracket. But in doubles hopefully I get to harness that power for myself:)

Hinkage - I really don’t know you but every time you open your mouth I die laughing, thanks for coming, you’re a legend, wish we could have heard some of your commentary.

Mikeray - I don’t even know where to start with you and chuckling writing this. I was so happy to see you at an event finally, you’re an idiot but I love you LOL shame we didn’t play at all. good job this weekend

Max Power - Max I think you’re very intelligent and like Kyoz your breakout is coming, I’m proud of you for the innovations you have made with sheik, it’s inspiring. I like that I can come to you at these events any time I wanna be serious or meme like crazy and you will give me the same energy back. Peach sheik will succeed its only a matter of time. They are too broken ;)

Bike - Thank you so much for coming it was really awesome to have some European representation and I’m proud of you for getting your win against 686M. You beating him also made it possible for him and I to tag team Cody so you’re the goat for that. You’re so fast and creative and it’s fun to watch. You’re very kind and fun to theory craft with and I hope we meet again one day, maybe some of us Americans can invade Norway :) I’m also glad we got to play a bit at the end. If you had worn that hat you would have won the whole event btw. It was just so hype just having you here, Mr America ;)

Gardex - Just like bike huge shoutouts for even showing up to this thing. It was really fun to watch you just explode people off the screen in doubles, your team was really impressive to me. I’m sorry I had to contribute to ending the European dream. When you 9 hammered me at super low percent in that game 2 it shook me to my core. Idk how you had the balls to do that but despite your results you impressed me.

Gunner - Good stuff getting as far as you did and beating bike in top 8. I wish we talked a bit more you’re cool as hell. I’m happy that we have someone actually repping pika and getting strong accomplishments even with your personal hurdles with health issues and surgeries, god only knows I don’t have the courage to bring my pika out at smashcon but it’s inspiring and makes me wanna play in general more (and more pikachu). One tournament we should totally do double pikachu. One thing I really wanna say is that I feel like while I’m proud of your results, your potential is so much higher and I fully believe you can beat players like me and Cody and I hope you know that. You can do anything gunner.

Ness682 - Thank you for coming it was so hype to see you and Kyoz team. You did so well for your first tournament in forever, I’m proud of you! I think you’ve done an impressive job pushing such a bad character. I don’t think you’ve reached your potential though so keep climbing :) I really enjoyed talking to you and that moment when we both had our notepads out was so funny to me

Xander: Thanks for bringing that wholesome Canadian hospitality I hope to see you some more but I get it if you’re too busy with that rap career

Nut - You were not even at this event so imma keep this short, thanks for being such an amazing support system and cheering me on from home ily man

686M - Idk what to even say that I haven’t already. I’m proud of you for actually doing it with ICs and the confidence you had to not switch off was incredible. I used to think ICs were bad and you were the beacon of hope I needed. I’m so happy you are the 3 time smashcon champion. Shoutouts to your sopo for slaying Cody time and time again and I’m happy we both got to tag team him this event and then peach ditto on steam, highlight of my brawl career so far.

Tori - Like a few others I think you will definitely see a run that really showcases your skill sooner or later keep your head up. I really appreciated our back and fourth this weekend and I am glad I have you to bully me loool

SuperGirlKels - Your commentary absolutely slayed me this weekend, you’re so funny, upbeat, and wholesome and I’m so happy we had you on mic PLEASE hop on the mic more often we need you.

Chia - Shoutouts to you for being the Kyoz slayer, I love kyoz but man it’s so funny that this happened twice in a row idk how you did it in such a garbage matchup but you have created a meme, you’re the Kyoz slayer in my head. Also like Kels I hope you hop on commentary more, you and her make such a good team. We haven’t had the best commentary on SSC or in general brawl streams so having people that actually can commentate well and know/love the game is so awesome to have.

Pidge - Thank you for your effort and all that you do. I more or less see you as the mother of this community. You’re always level headed, mature, and always friendly but willing to step in when some of us are being dumb. We owe you so much for everything not just smashcon. You are the goat.

DeLux

Lux - Good **** on making top 8 it was really nice to see that all 3 of the main ICs made it and I’m happy we both took out Dabuz one after another giving him a nightmare finals day. You have such lovable, friendly, outgoing energy and your memes are hilarious and made my trip significantly better even if you teach people my matchup loool

Fino - You’re one of the goofiest and friendliest people I’ve met in this community you made my weekend so fun with your silly antics. Both your skill against ICs and your general personality make complete sense given living with Lux LOL
You have it backwards. My memes and my olimar I learned from Fino 🤣

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THIS SITE IN OVER 3 YEARS LET'S GO POST #24,416

Shoutouts to the Chia Mobile, which has garnered way more shoutouts than I thought possible LMAO. All I did was drive us back and forth 5 miles at a time, but I'm glad it was incredibly appreciated 😅

Shoutouts to Pidge, who always puts her all into everything they do, especially for games like Brawl and 64. I'm proud to have had you on the Brawl side of things this year, for it is always a pleasure, and a treasured part of the weekend.

686M - Okay like real, (this will get good I promise LMAO) HOW DID YOU DROP SO MANY CHAIN GRABS BUT STILL WIN THE EVENT IN SUCH DOMINATING FASHION!?!? Like that to me is a gd statement imo. This is the first time in a while I got to sit down and really see the intricacies of your play because of commentary. Your fundamentals and control of your opponent was unmatched, and this win so well deserved.

Player-1 - Always love the knowledge and support you give the game, especially at the level you do for being around as long as you have been. I know one of these major wins is just within your grasp, and I know you'll be at the player-#1 status asap. Def wanna play a ton more, but I was just so zapped every night at the airbnb and not having a proper setup.

Hoenn - gj losing to cody

Cody - gj beating hoenn

Gunnermaniac - Sad we didn't get to play because every time we have I feel like you've gotten the best of me, and I'm itching to learn it LMAO. I feel like I only hear or see of you this one event a year, and the consistently high placements and wins is no easy task, and always impresses tf outta me

Mikeray4 - Congrats on an absolutely destructive doubles victory, damn good 🙏

Lux - Following off of your shoutout, you didn't let me down in doubles. IT'S TEAMS FOR A REASON AND WE GONNA KEEP PRACTICING AND RUN IT BACK BETTER THAN EVER. Your push for practice with me was so incredibly helpful and something I've looked for in others for so long, and truly appreciate it. Just wish we had better netcode for the distance lmao

Bike - Sitting down to play with you and you saying "Okay lets see this legendary ROB that can beat Zero Suit" LMFAO

Dabuz - IF THERE'S ANYONE THAT CAN FIGURE OUT AND DISMANTLE AN ICE CLIMBERS COME ON I KNOW IT'S YOU DUH SMARTEST PLAYER IN ALL SMASH GAMES BY A MILE

Chia - gj outplacing cody

Kyoz - I don't have something appropriately witty to say here LMAO, but I always super appreciate your play and skill. idk if it's the matchup or everyone else paying attention to our sets LOL but you bring out some of the best of my play and push me to improve

Iota - You still got it and I love that 🙏

Gardex - Really glad you made the trip out here, twas a pleasure 🙌

Fino - I know you felt overhyped from people's expectation in comparison to your seed, but I super believe in you

SuperGirlKels - gd what a block LMAO, def one for the books. People loved it so much that we HAVE to run it back!!

Grunyan - Glad to have gotten you on the recording setup a few times and with multiple wins! Mega chill and happy to have had ya in the group

DeLux

Lux - Following off of your shoutout, you didn't let me down in doubles. IT'S TEAMS FOR A REASON AND WE GONNA KEEP PRACTICING AND RUN IT BACK BETTER THAN EVER. Your push for practice with me was so incredibly helpful and something I've looked for in others for so long, and truly appreciate it. Just wish we had better netcode for the distance lmao
We will see yall in grand finals

DeLux

This is so sick, I made a smashboards account to reply. Great job Lux, this was great to read. Shoutouts to everyone who helped put this event together, it was great to watch and so nice to have our biggest event in almost a decade.

Also a few specific shoutouts as someone who wasn't at the event and was just watching at home (maybe I'll make it next year, but until then there's Big House!)

Pidge - Thanks so much for putting on such a great event. I know it must be tough, especially if people enter in 5 different games, but I'm glad we could have this event be as good as it was. Glad I could help out a little with the seeding.

Lux - Thanks for helping set up that stream for doubles, was sick to see (despite the lag), and thanks for setting up ranbats afterwards, more ranking data is always a plus in my book. Also this thread is sick

Chia - Thanks for working to make sure we got all of top 8 on stream, so glad we got those losers eighths that we missed last year. And thanks as well for the doubles stream, again was super sick to see and so glad it was able to happen. Thanks for the commentary as well

Mikeray and Cody - your sets with 686 were so so so close, you both nearly took out the champion from bracket. Get him next time, I know you can

686M - I don't know you that well, but if you can win despite barely playing the game, you're pretty darn good at it

Hoenn - that set against Dabuz. The most brutal set of smash I've ever seen in top 16 of a major, great job. Would have loved the JV4, but 6 stocking is good enough LOL. The fact that there was someone who thought I was you...there's no way I'm that good at the game, you're so good, keep pushing, you'll get your win.

Player-1 - I mean if you had went bowser in grand finals...All jokes aside way to go, like hoenn you're so good at the game, your win is coming too.

Bike - Beating 686 is crazy, way to go. Nice job winning ranbats as well, you're season is looking so good

Ness682 - TOP 16?? WITH SOLO NESS?? That was insane, great job, with a bit more practice against those nerves you clutch out vs 686

Max Power - Keep labbing, you'll get there, your dedication is so insane

Tori - 25th is still good at a tournament this stacked, and you definetly can do even better next year and clutch out top 16.

Thanks again for the great tournament everyone, wish I could have been there. Sorry I didn't shoutout everyone, but there are so many more people deserving of one.
Salty salutes to ninja seeding me 7th, the most controversial but brave yet only 100% accurate seed compared to results 🤣

ninja1167

Smash Rookie
Salty salutes to ninja seeding me 7th, the most controversial but brave yet only 100% accurate seed compared to results 🤣
Hey at least we got something right. But wow the only other accurate seeding in top 16 was gunner getting 5th ☠

I'LL TRY TO DO BETTER IF I'M SEEDING FOR BIG HOUSE BUT NO PROMISES

lol

Dnyce

Smash Master
You have it backwards. My memes and my olimar I learned from Fino 🤣
Everything I know about olimar I learned from lux, also i am unfunny and introverted… so I’d like to believe I learned that from him too.
Salty Salutes to Fino who did not do that thing I taught him. Now that you are no longer a casual, see me for some coaching and I’ll see you in grand finals next year. .
I rest my case

mikeray4

Smash Ace
1. 686M - Good run back through losers to take it down, congratulations on another SSC championship!. Also IC's :/
2. Player_1- Had a blast teaminging with you, we even won the whole thing, which I was honestly not expecting. Also congrats on 2nd, you played really well.
3. Hoenn- Sir. Sir. Sir. What happened here is a tragedy. I lost to the same people as you and I end up with 5th, unbelievable. Good seeing you as always.
4. Cody - Good seeing you as always. Please take those words of wisdom I gave you, other than that lets get ready for the next tourney haha.
5. Gunnermaniac- Nice job all around and especially beating Cody in doubles. Also, always a pleasure seeing you.
5. Mikeray4- It is not that everything is totally fabricated, though many things are, but rather terribly distorted, devoid of context, and made to serve the agenda of total cultural and political revolution.
7. Lux- Shut out thread wooooooooooo. Good to have a fellow old head active in the scene, also fun matches (and nice top 8 placing). But IC's :/
7. Bike- Nice tournament run, you played really well. Nice 2nd place finish in doubles as well, it was unexpected. Can't wait to play again.
9. Dabuz- Good seeing you, tough brawl bracket, but congrats in the ultimate placing.
9. Big D- Your DDD is sick, the gordo kill on Gardex was so bittersweet haha.
9. Chia- Nice tournament run, beating Kyoz is a very good win. Thanks for streaming/recording matches, we need more streamers for the game.
9. Kyoz- Great rooming with ya bud (again), we are totally going to have to do this **** again.
13. Ish- I didn't expect you here, but if you didnt have to face IC's in your top 16th match, its crazy to think how far you would have gone.
13. Ness682- Nice to finally meet in person. Nice tournament run and you are clearly becoming a threat to the higher skilled players!
13. Azazel - Good seeing you as always, also nice placing, you're getting much better!
17. Hinkage - 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th! 17th!
17. Gardex- Unfortunate gordo, but I think you had a really good run. Awesome to see you again too, I can't believe its been 15 years. Fantastic job on the 2nd place doubles placing!!
17. Max Power- You lab monster you, its good to see my doppleganger making it work with shiek. I want to see you break into top 16 next year.
17, Fino- Aahhh yes another fellow old head. Great to have you in the community again, its good to see the return of people that just love the game.
25. FEAR- I didn't run into you this weekend, but glad to see youre still out here playing.
25. Tori- Good doubles finish, you had a rough bracket, but next year I can definately see you much higher up.

If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry but tskys

SSBBrawler

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBBrawler
686M is the kinda guy who will beat you up, take your lunch money, and then explain all the things you did wrong. Which he doesn't have to do, but it's nice that he does. I have gained a lot of experience from playing him over the years, and he still feels as far off, skill-wise, as day one.

Player-1, I didn't get the chance to play your Diddy this year. However, your Bowser continues to be rock solid. A more nimble Bowser player there has never been.

Hoenn. You are a player of the game called Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I wish we had had the chance to play more, especially since I wanted to make a revenge set against you after losing to you last year from an unfortunate SD. So I'll see you in top 16 next year.

Mikeray, your services regarding Pidge's request during the doubles tourney were appreciated. And that's all I will say on that.

Lux, thanks for hosting the Saturday tourney. Gave me a chance to get revenge on Ish, as well as play some neato matches against people I really wanted the chance to play against.

SuperGirlKels and Chia: You two had some excellent commentary on stream. Please, please, please do it again next year; it really built up the hype for the game that we so love.

Ish... I will pay you back into another tourney for the loss you handed me. I look forward to playing you again. Hope you give netplay a chance in the future.

Ness682 had a really good run. Way to show them a thing or two what the "bad" characters in the game can do.

Hinkage, our set was a little wonky, but I got good experience from it once we were warmed up proper. I hope we can play again in the future.

Gardex, our game-5 set in the after-tourney tourney was extremely stressful in the good way. Your G&W made me question my life choices and how little I understood the mysterious arts of the 2D world.

Max Power and I keep saying we'll play each other offline, but then never do it. Alack. Next year (tm)

Fino, sorry for how weird the phase 1 pool was. I hope that my captaining was good enough, despite the number of oddities we saw. You played well and it was fun to watch you.

Tori --- You're poop. If you don't get top 16 next year, I will give you a stern talking-to.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
Look at me! Late to this per usual he he! I used to be so good about these shoutouts back during locals, but here it goes if anyone still reads em:

1. 686M - Thanks for the matches during top 16. Sorry I chocked on that one match ha ha! Being my first tournament in ages, it's only natural for me to get nervous and emotional during this....Still though, nice seeing the comeback through Loser's Bracket all the way to winning! Proud of ya! :) Hoping we can do the Lucas vs Ness Money Match in the future though, I had started to get sick by Day 3 of the event and couldn't meet up with you last day :/

2. Player 1 - Nice Diddy! I know the loss must of been hard on ya, but I know you can bounce back and get the winning title, you are due for one by now! I enjoyed watching the GF with you and 686M either way. Wish I could of had the chance to play you and your pockets, but hey, maybe another time?

3. Hoenn - Nice to see you in person too! I enjoyed the duo Peach during your match again 686M, and just seeing you having a good time and rooting for your fellow players! Hoping to see you play again soon online! :)

4. Cody - I am amazed that 686M didn't go MK against you at the last game! Either way, you made it really close and made him work hard for it, I always enjoy your company either way and appreciate you being nice to me and giving me tips for other characters that I may pick up in the future like TL ha ha!

5. Gunnermaniac - Nice job beating me and Kyoz in 2v2, you were definitely carrying your weight in terms of survivability, and also against beating the others to get where you were placed! I know I usually do better with my online netplay immunity ha ha! My nerves and overall environment were new to me after so many years (plus nerves, typical), but hey still happy to see your personality here having a good time! If I ever tune into your streams in the future, I'll see you then, even if I am not primarily a Pokemon fan (or if you just wanna play some ol' Brawl too :) )!

6. Mikray4 - Ah Mikeray, you are one I'm very happy I got to meet at the event. First of all, great job in 2v2 to you and P1, you both did absolutely great! :D One of the problems I had in general was just trying to figure out who everyone even was, since I am not too good with faces or just remembering things sometimes, but you are definitely one person I will not be forgetting with how helpful and supportive you were of me and my endeavors in this tournament! I appreciate you trying to help me out with the IC's MU prior to fighting 686M the day of and throughout the day before. I definitely enjoyed your company and hope to play/meet you again in person! :) A true smash player that wishes to help others and have a good time and be supportive! MVP right here folks!

7. Lux - I'm also happy to have met and played as much with you as I did! 2v2 with you and Chia was a lot of fun too, even if I wish we could of done more of it offline, I still appreciate you helping me out with the IC's MU before playing against 686M as well! Looks like we both made a good 1st impression after a long time of not participating! :) Hope to see your success go further than even now, but Top 8 is definitely something to be proud of! I also appreciate you taking the time to help stream and record as much as you could. You are a true devoted Smasher that does their best to help the community in whatever way you can! You also just know how to have fun too, and I can appreciate that as well! Good attitude, and I appreciate your offer to help my mentals too, I could use it :s

8. Bike - Sorry for my mood going down during the Post Event Ranking Battles Tournament, you deserved better :/ I had this issue pop up after I lost to 686M in Singles, and since then I was getting tired and uptight over something, so I wasn't quite in my game. Hopefully in the future I can give you the set you deserve, but hey it is what it is. I enjoyed you and Gardex in 2v2 a lot. I never knew Snake and G&W could be so effective ha ha! But you two made it work, proud of ya!

9. Chia - Enjoyed the friendlies and your commentary! Always nice to get people who know the game well and can make it informative/interesting! Hope to play your R.O.B again in the future! Also appreciate your help with stream and recording setups alongside Lux! You two made a great team! Enjoyed playing you in 2v2! Even if the environment was a bit noisy and unusual for my liking xD

10. Kyoz - Kyoz, I just want to take this time to personally thank you for being my partner for 2v2 and let you know how much of a good friend you've been during the month prior to the tournament where I was going through a whole bunch of.....not so pleasant experiences in life... My dad (who was there and chatting with you while I was using the restroom lul) had a lot of nice things to say about you too after the fact, and thanks you too for the support you've given me too! It wasn't easy and still isn't to this day, but you helped make a difference in me and prevent my trip from being a total downer. Practicing our usual 2v2 stuff and just being there! I was hoping we could of placed better, but circumstances like getting 2 DQ's and not being able to play consistently and develop our synergy made it a bit harder, but rest assured when we were playing 2v2 friendlies, we were doing MUCH better and doing almost 5-6 stocks! The environment was also just unfamiliar to me, so the noise + lighting or screens made it harder for me to focus or play the way I usually do. Definitely a learning curve that gets easier with practice I imagine, but I know we got the potential easy, just gotta get lucky with those things mentioned above ha ha! Maybe we can develop a new communication strat that isn't heavily focused on talking? I know Four Sword had some ideas like tapping feet or something like that, I think maybe if I were more focused I could of done better too. Maybe next time? I know the way 1v1 Top 16 was done was questionable and seeding could of been better for you, you got really unlucky with the circumstances, but I know you, and you are the kinda guy to get back on your feet and come back stronger! Don't let it get you down! You got this! I believe in you! Definitely hope to play and see you again! MVP in my book for support! :)

11. Hinkage - We had a close match together into the spot for top 16, you definitely made it a challenge, especially since it was 1-1 and down to last stock both at high%. If I had lost, I would of just gone to do river rafting with my dad instead of coming for Day 3 at SSC. Appreciate the set and the games to help me with 686M and IC's matchup after the fact (sorry I still lost due to a choke xD)!Any player that reacts the way you did and encourages them to help win more matches after is a sign of true sportsmanship and sense of community. I appreciate it and enjoyed your company! :)

12. Gardex - Awesome G&W! You and Bike somehow make it work! I dunno how you do it considering there is no bucket strat involved, but I like it! Wish I got to play your in friendlies or something, but hey maybe in the future? :)

13. Max Power - Happy to have met you in person finally! Nice job in the 1v1 bracket vs me. I was taking notes on your playstyle during friendlies earlier prior to it actually, but I still lost anyway ha ha! The YI platform totally saved you too one stock :p While I was in the same predicament and barely missed my save ha ha! Oh well, that's how that stage goes usually. Hoping to see your success with Sheik to continue! Us mid tiers gotta stick together and show them we mean business! :D I also enjoyed the Nes dittos, believe it or not, I am very unfamiliar with how to play against Ness despite always playing him ha ha! xD When it comes to Ness vs Ness, you got me beat easily at the moment :p Hope to play some Duo Ness some more on Netplay! :)

14. Fino - How did I not get to play you??? Not even friendlies??? D: We gotta fix that next time!! Either way, good job on your placement!

15. FEAR - Thanks for the set. We had some close matches, and hope to play you again on netplay, since I usually hang around there!

16. Tori - I know that you were really down and seeding was mean to you, but I know you got this and I believe in you! I appreciate the time playing friendlies with you too, and you had the right idea wearing a mask too, since I ended up getting sick later during the end of Day 3 :p Kinda messed up my trip to DC the 4th day there, but hey live and learn!

17. Arch - Enjoyed the 2v2's with you. Totally wish I could of spent more time with you, Pit is a fun matchup for me as Ness that I like to play!

18. SteR Tha KiiD - I enjoyed seeing your Ness there too! Always nice to get some rep for our boy out there! Wish we could of made it farther, but hey watcha gonna do?? We can do it! I know we can! :D

19. Freean - It was really weird having you recognize me from that one clip 10 years ago where I was jumping up and down in anger with K9 getting salty losing to Nazo in PM (K9 played Ness in the match, so naturally I was upset too he lost xD). Thanks for the game in Phase 1, definitely had a good time with you!

Also a HUGE shoutout to my Dad! He was there for all my matches and he definitely kept me from getting my spirits and mood too down during parts where I normally would of been too negative at myself. I also had fun doing stuff, trying new food places, and just exploring DC/ areas around Virginia with him after/before SSC, I'll try not to get sick though next time x3

Top Bottom