• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

GA Peach

Smash Lord
just a thought, but i seem to be one of a small minority that thinks plinking is ********. it gives people an excuse to just mash buttons instead of actually learning the timing of their links and whatnot. anyone else's thoughts?

DC

Smash Cadet
just a thought, but i seem to be one of a small minority that thinks SSFIV is ********. it gives people an excuse to just mash buttons instead of actually learning a good game and whatnot. anyone else's thoughts?

nevershootme

Smash Master
just a thought, but i seem to be one of a small minority that thinks plinking is ********. it gives people an excuse to just mash buttons instead of actually learning the timing of their links and whatnot. anyone else's thoughts?
despite all it does is provide a frame of error to throw in that proper link...

pretty much. tap tap..... tap again

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
just a thought, but i seem to be one of a small minority that thinks SSFIV is ********. it gives people an excuse to just mash buttons instead of actually learning a good game and whatnot. anyone else's thoughts?
So you finally decided to drop CS for Guilty Gear. Smart man =P

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Before I thought about your post, I said no because I was like "it only gives you 1 extra chance at a 2 frame link, or you can use it as an excuse for "hey i can't slow the **** down so i'ma press my **** early and still be on" "

But then I was like "mashin~~... OH I GUESS YOU COULD JUST MASH PLINKS OUT.... yeah that's dumb."

So yeah, I'll have to agree with you now that I realized (or atleast I'm assuming) you can literally just mash plink and get links.

If that's the case though, my question is literally why the **** don't people just do that?

DC

Smash Cadet
So you finally decided to drop CS for Guilty Gear. Smart man =P
lol no, I said SSFIV.

I have this huge video planned for the release of BBCS. I'd gonna do a bunch of bad things to a SSFIV disc, hit it with a hammer, run over it with a car, light it on fire, throw it into a lake etc etc etc

July 27th, 2010

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
lol no, I said SSFIV.

I have this huge video planned for the release of BBCS. I'd gonna do a bunch of bad things to a SSFIV disc, hit it with a hammer, run over it with a car, light it on fire, throw it into a lake etc etc etc

July 27th, 2010
but your still playin CS

when in reality

you should be playing Accent Core

you know, a good game

=P

Ruuku

Smash Lord
lol no, I said SSFIV.

July 27th, 2010
Just give it to me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I want to play Abel mostly because of his spin-and-slam command grab. Whenever I see it, I always have this resounding "**** YOUR ****" in my head when he throws the opponent down. I don't play Abel, so it's usually done on me, and it's still just as fun to see.

nevershootme

Smash Master
because they're not being as gay as smash with nametags

and yea.... 12 yr old sagat takes the cake anyways.

top 12 characters in no particular order. some are duplicates

viper
rufus
gief
adon
boxer
guy
ibuki
abel (one of which is likely galuuda on pad)

TheBloodLusk

Smash Rookie
Hey, I haven't been reading this thread, but I saw it on the front page. If anyone wants to play SSFIV on PS3, go ahead and add my PSN Name: JoshuaLuskRocks. (No period) I'm always looking for new people to play against.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
There's a LAN center I go to every Friday night for game meetups. Last Friday we did a free SSF4 tournament. I lost my first match to a Juri player.

So I'm in loser's, and I face an Abel. He wins the first set, and I win the second set. In the last set, it's 1-1, and he has a little more life than me.

And he times me out.

Okay, stalling is a legit (if gay) tactic, but come on, this was a FREE tournament. No entry fee, no pot, no one will remember any of this next Friday. The most frustrating thing was that I actually got in on him with about 3 seconds to go with EX legs. If I had just one more bar, I could have juggled him into a second legs and won.

He went on to win the tournament, but not before timing out a Dhalsim player in loser's finals.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Abel is arguably top tier in SSF4 what are you talking about Zero?

Wow, I didn't know Abel could time someone out Jam, he's such an offense based character.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
wtf OUR OWN LUIS PINTO GOT 8th MAN!

btw learning cody/rose
thats good i kno that.

but it was sloppy. imo luis couldve did better compared to a few of the other ppl in top 8

like the cammy and adon who loved to shoryu on **** near every wake up.

amongst other things i dont remember rite now.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i love how "some" ppl lose the first match, adapt the second match then revert back to their original strategy in the first match and lose >.>...

btw

HAHA (throws rocks)

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
There's a LAN center I go to every Friday night for game meetups. Last Friday we did a free SSF4 tournament. I lost my first match to a Juri player.

So I'm in loser's, and I face an Abel. He wins the first set, and I win the second set. In the last set, it's 1-1, and he has a little more life than me.

And he times me out.

Okay, stalling is a legit (if gay) tactic, but come on, this was a FREE tournament. No entry fee, no pot, no one will remember any of this next Friday. The most frustrating thing was that I actually got in on him with about 3 seconds to go with EX legs. If I had just one more bar, I could have juggled him into a second legs and won.

He went on to win the tournament, but not before timing out a Dhalsim player in loser's finals.
did u have ultra 2?

Top Bottom