• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surviving in a small bedroom

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if its a curse, or if its destiny...
But my whole life, Ive been condemned to live in a small bedroom.
the only things that can fit in it is a small wall closet where I put my TV on top, and my bed, which basically takes al of my room's space.

From my birth to 16 years of my life, I slept in a small bedroom. A little more than 75% of the things in my room where not mine. Both of my parents entered and stayed in the room like if it was theirs (but Im not egoist eh).

So, in this year's January, my family moved. And guess what...
I got the smallest bedroom of the entire house.
Great, just great. This room is yet smaller than the last one, and it only has 3 walls.
The good things of this room are:
-The room is mine and mine alone now
-Its incredibly tall (maybe I could take advantage of that)
-It has its own bedroom

So there you have it. Its not like I dont like my room, but I could do something better for it.
Yes, I am thankful I have a house. I have a room. Family that cares, bla, bla, bla.
But I can do something better. I know.

So I decided to get rid of my bed, and get a Japanese-style futon (those sleeping bag-like sheets you lay on the floor and sleep on them at night, and put them in your closet at day), in order to make space for a desk, because I'll be entering college and stuff. Mommy didnt like that.

So now I dont know what to do.
Someone has an idea here?
I needz help pleax.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hahaha. If you're going away to college, being used to small rooms will be good for ya. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm.. if it's a triangular room (which i've never actually seen or heard of 0_o) I might suggest a hammock (well not really) or one of those army beds I guess...

slave1

Smash Lord
that is a trippy room. the Japanese bed kind of sounds cool. i am not sure the hammock thing would work. it would actually have to be on a frame. i do not think dry wall is strong enough to support anything besides a picture.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually like smaller bedrooms growing up. It taught me to be more organized and work with the space I had. Plus I was much cleaner.

My bedroom got a lot bigger when we moved to our final resting place. My bedroom had a walk-in closet even! :D :D Then, college happens and you're back to tiny.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Get a loft build, or be like me and build it yourself. I've always had small rooms and loft beds save so much space it's not funny. I was able to use the extra floor space for my desk and dresser which the majority of my floor space open for things like dirty clothes. :D

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
Here's my room seen from above:

The room is about 12ft high.
The space between the bed and the window was made because the window couldnt be opened if the bed was put on the corner.

Any ideas?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
LOFT BED!!!! nice diagram by the way. I stand my statement, get a loft bed. And then you can grab some of those fancy little gaming chairs. You know the ones that don't have any legs on them?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Yeah, build upwards. Have your bed be a loft, then have a ladder going up and then different levels. srsly, here's a diagram:

do eht! :embarrass

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad, my bedroom is a little smaller than that and it's a rectangle.

Anyways, I would agree with the others in building up. It doesn't have to be to elaborate or expensive, but it should work.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I had a small bedroom in the 1st house my family lived in. It's not that bad, the size of the room isn't really a problem. If I can do everything I want (like go on my computer, play video games) then I could care less if it was small.

....but big rooms are great as well :p

M@v

Subarashii!
Hahaha. If you're going away to college, being used to small rooms will be good for ya. ;)
I want to put extra emphasis on this statement. Dorms are SMALL. my dorms probably about 15 feet by 10feet, maybe a tad bigger, and there are two of us in here.

Omis

my friends were skinny

The space between the bed and the window was made because the window couldnt be opened if the bed was put on the corner.

Any ideas?
Could you post the lenght of the hypotnuse of your triangle roo so I can properly get an idea of the size. From the diagram it looks nice sized.

The Boss of God

Smash Apprentice
yes lol. it looks like those triangles you work on in algebra. those that have a hypotenuse and stuff...yeah.
and the worst is that the longest wall is a frikin closet
THE WHOLE WALL IS A CLOSET!!! WTF?
Those are right triangles.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I pity you; I could never deal with a small room. Currently, my room is about the size of a small apartment.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Any ideas?
Your Lucky that you can fit a bed and a T.V in there. I can only fit 2 beds and one really just a mattress on the floor..and its your own room.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I dunno, I like living in a small space.

My room is a 3x3 metre square with a closet. I have my bed, a desk, a very small stand for my small TV and a small, metal book shelf. I don't know if that counts as a small room, but I dunno, I like being in a small closed room like that.

Having a large room would be kind of cool too I guess.

Top Bottom