• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
So what determines when and if there is going to be a merge?

Also, Randy is a *****. ^^;
I know he's playing the game, but I have no respect or tolerance for those who relish the pain of others.

Stormin' Mormon

Smash Apprentice
So what determines when and if there is going to be a merge?

Also, Randy is a *****. ^^;
I know he's playing the game, but I have no respect or tolerance for those who relish the pain of others.
Read his bio at CBS. It's really funny. Randy being Randy makes this show fun to watch. I wonder if he's just getting played up by CBS, or he's the the exact same jerk in real life.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
lol Ace.

Also, an anonymous comment on that video was pretty interesting:

anonymous said:
High amusement: I remain continually amazed that people have cemented Ace as such a big snake when in reality: He only made 2 promises--to Sugar and to Matty--and behind the camera he stated genuinely that he meant it. Kenny's the biggest weasel in the bunch if we're going to go on actual actions rather than people's personalities and "presence." And most recently? It's Kenny who lied to Sugar to turn her to betray her greatest alliance. It's Kenny who brought Kelly in so that someone weaker than he was could be spotlit for removal next immunity failure. And Kenny who had no problem voting her right out. It's Kenny who originally disagreed with Randy that the rice was going to get low... but now says it was himself that was telling everyone the rice would run out. It is Kenny that broke the new four alliance with Matty, Sugar, Ace and himself without telling Matty. It's Kenny who told a teary Jacquie that his vote wouldn't even make the difference and that he's not the important one to beg to be kept. Yet fact is, it WAS one vote that made the difference in her leaving. It is now Kenny that is lying to Sugar, betraying his new alliance, and using Crystal to set up his belowtheradar game for a few more weeks. So who is really the snake, guys? Just face it. You'd rather throw darts at the condescending pretentious guy than admit the gangly underdog gaming geek is far more reptilian. It's Kenny's "bites" that have been lethal all the way thus far. To keep himself out of target range, he has made choices that weakened his tribe all along. I don't despise Kenny. I just think it crazy for people to keep hanging onto the concept that Ace is the snake when Ace kept his promises. Which is snakier: The enemy you easily recognize? Or the one that you thought was a mammal.

greenblob

Smash Lord
If the merge happens soon, the game's in Matty's hands. If he flips, he'll tell everyone about Sugar's immunity idol. If he doesn't, the Ken-Crystal-Sugar-Matty alliance is very solid.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If the merge happens soon, the game's in Matty's hands. If he flips, he'll tell everyone about Sugar's immunity idol. If he doesn't, the Ken-Crystal-Sugar-Matty alliance is very solid.

Well, let's all just hope this alliance stays that way, it best tha Ken is on Sugar's good side that way she might consider saving him, in case someone wants to vote him off.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I have to agree that Ace was not exactly the snake that everyone was making him out to be. He tried to orchestrate the elimination of certain enemies in the game, like Kelly and Paloma, and succeeded, but that's just playing the game to win. He never betrayed either of his alliance partners, even when Matty repeatedly demanded that Sugar get the boot. He kept her in the game and then Ken's smart play got Sugar to knock him out. Ace has a pretentious air about him, but he's not exactly a snake.

However, its silly to start pointing fingers at Ken and calling him a Snake. He too, has been playing the game to win. He's just playing it better than Ace did. Kelly was a phenomenal choice in the reshuffle of tribes. She was an outcast who he could have used to create an alliance that would have lasted through the merge. When GC quit, it forced him to change plans. He no longer had the voting power to control the game, so he had to let Kelly go to save his own neck. He could have bailed on Crystal last night too, but at the expense of making himself a target. So he used Ace's control of Sugar against him and created a winning situation for himself and at the same time created a new alliance that will keep him (temporarily) safe. He also protected his strongest ally, even if she's pretty lame in the games, and at the same time set Crystal, Matty and Sugar up as bigger targets when the merge comes around.

Unless Ken gets silly and starts talking too much, he's set himself up to go deep in this game. Neither Ken nor Ace were snakes. They were just playing a game that requires you to vote people out and make alliances to win.

OmegaXXII

Agreed!

Ace really wasn't the snake Ken made Sugar taught he was, he was just doing as you said, playing his cards right in order to survive. If anyone's the snake it Matt.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I guess Ace wasn't really the snake everyone thought he was, but he certainly wasn't playing his attitude correctly. People don't trust that sort of cocky demeanor regardless of whether you're trustworthy or not.

That, and he was one of the leading physical competitors, which would definitely lead to trouble after the merge.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Ken really knows how to talk his way out of things, protecting himself from getting voted off, but that also comes at a price, not winning any challenges, since your voting most of the physical players off like Ace, and Jacquie (I was sad to see her go).
Does anybody know when the merge will happen, I'm hoping it will be soon, otherwise Fang will keep losing challenges from not eating good enough.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ken has played this game really **** well. even if he doesn't go far in the merge, he's done a good job of setting himself up for success and overcoming his weak athleticism.

i think sugar will stick with ken and krystal...i mean, who else can she trust now? i've been reading cbs's forum and most people think sugar is an idiot to vote off the only person that "cared" for her. ken has to do a good job of not letting matty and sugar switch, AND getting most likely da suze to vote his way...its his only real shot, honestly. the onion alliance is just waaaaaaaaaay too strong. marcus and charlie are the core, corrinne is a solid member, randy is going to try and be a spy to both alliances, and bob is just a useful guy with no social game, who you can count on for a vote.

susie is just a liability, and if she's not an idiot, she'll realize that she was almost voted off this past council. and she'll put herself in a better position with the fang alliance. problem is...i don't think she's smart enough to do that. :\

OmegaXXII

It was a smart "mindgame" move by Ken to convince Sugar to eliminate Ace, though it costed the tribe one of their best physical players. Ken has so far done well to be stay this far in the game, even though he really hasn't proved himself as a physically good player, if he keeps on playing his cards right, and on Sugar's good side, then Ken is bound to be in the Finals along with a possible alliance which might consist of Sugar, Crystal, Matt, and Susie, though I don't necessarily find Susie in their new alliance.

The new alliances are going to take place on the upcoming episode of Survivor.

Stormin' Mormon

Smash Apprentice
I think Matty will stick with Ken. After all, he wanted Ken. Ken would probably be diplomatic enough to coax Matty back into his fold.

Jazzy200084

Smash Cadet
Don't be completely sure of a merge next episode guys... Though it certainly looked like it in the preview, people on the CBS forums also pointed out that the survivors were still wearing original tribe buffs and that they have gotten the tribes together without a merge in previous seasons... I wonder if it's a trick... Jeff also said in his blog "Next week – we finally pull one over on this group of Survivors."

It'll be interesting to see if Ken picks up on it since Survivor is supposed to be his "favorite show."

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...bUvGQWsMe7VISGD_xjPSCaQTGGzCK&play=true&cc=84

i'm sure it has already been posted, but you guys really need to see it to see what ace thinks of kenny. i think it's actually pretty spot-on description of what he'll have to do, although in harsh terms.

also HAHAHAHA ladies and gentlemen, after ribcage Ken, i follow up with the next ken meme:

anonymous on tribal council argument clip said:
Loud *** ghetto *****! She is the remaining cancer in the tribe! And Sugar is a developing tumor. After being protected by Ace she votes with the 2 weaklings instead of with the 2 strongest members? She thinks she's smarter than she really is. I hope ghettocrystal or sneakthiefKen steals the idol from her. Dumb ***!
She thinks she's smarter than she really is. I hope ghettocrystal or sneakthiefKen steals the idol from her.
ghettocrystal or sneakthiefKen
sneakthiefKen
requesting the appropriate name change

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
oh my god

corrine is a pretty big bee yochhhh, i think everyone can agree to that.

maybe its because she was a massive little asswipe when she was a kid

check this corrine childhood story out...and you'll see what i mean. lol

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,202...=1753161914&bclid=1747275715&bctid=1749437140
lolololololol

I lol'd more at what the interviewer was saying.

"Oh my gosh. Ouchers. OUCHers!"

He practically orgasms at :50 lmfao.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
If the merge doesn't happen and they loose the next immunity challenge, I think Ken's best move is to ally with Matt and Crystal to get rid of Sugar by making her think she doesn't need to use her idol, then voting her out. In the long run, I don't think Sugar is reliable.

Crystal is loyal with Ken, so it would be bad to loose her. Matty likes Ken more than Sugar or Crystal, and keeps his word, making him a good person to keep around. Getting Matty out would also mean relying on Sugar, who could switch around to whoever she feels like.

If Ken Matt and Crystal pair up, and Ken and Crystal ask Sugar to vote with them against Matt, but then blindside Sugar, she's gone. If that doesn't work though, I think he'll have little choice other than abandoning Crystal, but I doubt Ken would want to do that.

What do you guys think: Yes/no/maybe?

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's pretty up-in-the-air; like we need to know when the merge is happening. The teams are so imbalanced, it would be strange for them to do the typical comfort-challenge > Fang loses > Sugar goes to exile thing. But if that does happen, then Ken has the opportunity to convince Matty and Crystal to try and blindside Sugar out of the immunity idol, which would be epic but difficult. Matty hates Crystal, so he might flush the idol out of Sugar and vote out Crystal lol. At any rate, Ken's safe for now.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think having an ally with an immunity idol is much more important than someone with loyalty, because if there isn't a merge, then the numbers would be like 6-3. no shot unless you have the immunity idol.

regardless, come on. there are only FOUR people on fang now. making fang vote someone else out (because they WILL lose any challenge) is just unfair to them. it'd be a bad move on the producers' parts, because marcus/charlie is guaranteed to win at that point. :\ well, even more guaranteed than it is right now...

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
How does being allied with someone with an immunity idol help? If an alliance A wants to vote someone out from B and B has the idol, they'll still pick off someone from B, right? They use the idol before voting, so they can just change their target.

I'm new to survivor, so maybe I don't understand how the idol works...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
no, you use the hidden idol after voting. so it just comes down to knowing or guessing who they'll vote for...and then all of the votes for that person are nullified. therefore, everyone who didn't vote for that person still has their vote counted.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The funny thing is that Ace still underestimates Ken which is how he wound up getting voted off. He (and many others) view Ken as Crystal's pawn when really it's more and more the other way around.

Crystal *needs* Ken going into the merger because of Randy. Randy doesn't seem to have any specific animosity to Ken (pretty sure he doesn't like Crystal), and I think everybody's going to assume Ace's drop was Crystal's doing. They won't guess Sugar at *all* because of how she hung on him, so they'll probably lump Matty with Ken and Crystal. Since the other Kota members don't know Ken or Crystal at all, Randy is their link.

Ken needs to stick with Crystal in the merger and he needs to split up the 4-way Marcus Charlie Corinne Randy alliance. Otherwise, he's going to lose purely by numbers. Randy is his key to maintaining his low profile.

But you know, wtf do I know, I thought Ace was going to weasel his way to the final 2. He revealed his power way too early. Ken is underestimated but not viewed as worthless, and that's why he's in and he hasn't been a target yet (except for Gillian at the beginning but she was completely alienated at that point, so that was irrelevant). I'm betting Sugar doesn't realize just how well Ken played her against Ace, and it's ALL because Ace asked for the idol. Mindgames, son.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
stealthiefKen played it ridiculously well, and kudos for making it this far. but the odds are reeeeeally stacked against him right now. i wouldn't trust randy if i were him. susie maybe, but she's pretty alienated on the other side right now. i don't think ken will be able to figure out who the kota alliance will vote for, and thus protect with the HII and then eliminate one of the strong kota players.

idk, ken may make it to the jury just on the fact that krystal (loud mouth, prone to SD's) and sugar (top tier) are bigger targets than he is. but no way he wins the million. kota alliance is just incredibly strong right now, ken doesn't have the numbers and will have a very tough time gaining ground there, and randy is out to play spoiler and manipulate everyone to his liking.

L2theZ

Smash Cadet
If the merge is next week then Ken still has at least 1 week left, as Matty is the obvious pick to go from the viewpoint of the Onion Alliance.

Actually, I think it's highly possible that Matty could go on an individual immunity idol winning streak and make it as far as the final 3 or final 4.

As far as Ken goes unless he can win immunity consistently (which I doubt) or get Susie + somebody else (Bob maybe?) to join up with him, Crystal, Matty, and Sugar (which is even less likely) then he's looking at maybe 7th or 8th place, not bad. There is always the chance of him becoming a powerful swing vote to a break off of the Onion Alliance, but that's not likely to happen.

Either way Marcus or Charlie has this in the bag, unless Matty can win immunity every single time and convince enough people to vote for him.

Randy is by far the most entertaining person on this show. It's impossible for him to win, but it would be amazing if he did.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Idol=coring the onion. Ken needs Sugar if he wants to survive once the merge happens. In fact, Ken needs everyone from Fang to stick with him so no one from Kota knows about the idol. Everyone thinks Marcus is going to win, but if the idol is played right, he could be the next to go.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
If Fang does go through the merger, they can team up with Bob and Susie. The Onion alliance is pretty darn solid with thier 4 members. So to compete against that, they will need to convince Susie and Bob to join their side, I assume Ken will try to do this once he figures out about the 4 members in the onion alliance. So it may be Matty, Ken, Sugar, Crystal and Susie and maybe Bob, against the other 4. They can get Bob and Susie to join their side and they will have all the power along with Sugar having the immunity idol. Even if Bob didn't join their side they would have the advantage cause of the immunity idol. So thats one way to destroy the onion alliance.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
No one in Kota knows about Ken at all. So Ken will not be thought of a threat. Susie may go soon out of purely being annoying. Matty may be next for being the biggest threat. Krystal could go because she is seen as annoying by her tribe mates and a threat by Kota as she is the strongest female. Ken is the uniting force of the Fang alliance. Each member of Fang seems to be on good terms with Ken. However if Ken wants to win he has to do the near impossible bring all of the Fang tribe together it would seem. But I think there is another way, If ken can manipulate each of them individually to get them to vote the right way that will make it so they don't have to be a real alliance but they will still have a decent number of votes going there way. It is still risky though. Either way Ken is in a safe but really difficult spot.

I think Susie can be converted. Dan would have been better because it would have been easy. At least Dan actually played the game. Susie is just going along and being dumb. Bob will be a bit more difficult. In essense he may be the deciding factor of this game. It is unlikely that he will win, but he plays such a huge part that he must be kept in for a while.

Poor Ace, two weeks ago he was looking to become top dog in the game. He made his scheming to obvious. He got caught and people turned on him. I think he was worried about being turned on, that is why he asked for the idol. Basically he wasn't sure where either Matty or Sugar stood on the issue so he wanted to get the idol to keep himself from going home. However Ken got to Sugar first. She was already having doubts about Ace. She wanted to use him, but he was using her and she knew that. Ken set the wheels in motion. Ace just finished the job.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
The only plausable chance I see for Ken to put himself in a position to win is (in sequential order):

1) Form an official alliance with Crystal, Sugar, and Matty.
2) Sway Susie to their alliance (either using a "best for you, best for me" situation or original Fang mentionings).
3) Chat with Randy (especiially when he's drunk). Try to lead to worrying about Sugar having the idol and wanting to flush it out, which may persuade Randy to convince the Onion alliance to vote for Sugar.
4) Tell Sugar that she may be in danger, and using the idol (on herself) would save her.
5) At tribal council, the votes towards Sugar (from Onion allinace) are void, the Fang alliance will vote for whoever from the Onion alliance (me thinks Marcus), and set them up with more numbers.
6) Eliminating the Onion alliance one by one, until there are five members left. (which they will vote out Susie next)
7) Win the immunity challenge when there are 4 suvivors left.
8) Give a convincing speech that will persuade the jury (mostly the Kota alliance) that he is most deserving.

If one has another way for Ken to win (besides winning 7 straight immunity challenges), feel free to post it...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wait wait.

can't the fang tribe convince the others that sugar used the idol in the last round? that would then provide an explanation for ace's absence. they had flushed the idol out, and sugar thought that she would be the target, when it was ace instead. or something to that degree.

paint sugar as the outcast who does not fit with the fang tribe. the others could then try to sway her or gain her confidence to spy on the fang guys. at that point, ken and co. are in the money.

come on it's a great plan. :( i should play survivor with these kinds of mindgames lulz.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Btw, why isn't Fang searching for food? If they're so hungry, surely they should try fishing, hunting, or scavenging, right?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The only plausable chance I see for Ken to put himself in a position to win is (in sequential order):

1) Form an official alliance with Crystal, Sugar, and Matty.
2) Sway Susie to their alliance (either using a "best for you, best for me" situation or original Fang mentionings).
3) Chat with Randy (especiially when he's drunk). Try to lead to worrying about Sugar having the idol and wanting to flush it out, which may persuade Randy to convince the Onion alliance to vote for Sugar.
4) Tell Sugar that she may be in danger, and using the idol (on herself) would save her.
5) At tribal council, the votes towards Sugar (from Onion allinace) are void, the Fang alliance will vote for whoever from the Onion alliance (me thinks Marcus), and set them up with more numbers.
6) Eliminating the Onion alliance one by one, until there are five members left. (which they will vote out Susie next)
7) Win the immunity challenge when there are 4 suvivors left.
8) Give a convincing speech that will persuade the jury (mostly the Kota alliance) that he is most deserving.

If one has another way for Ken to win (besides winning 7 straight immunity challenges), feel free to post it...

It seems like it is going to be tough and it has to be played almost perfectly but it is not by any means impossible.

So does this mean that Ken has to protect Krystal and make sure she makes it to the finals with him?

I don't think the onion alliance is invincible though. It seems that the alliance has one big flaw. They are all a bunch of leaders. They all want to win and none of them want to be used. Each of them want to think of or make the alliance their own. It could be toppled but it seems highly unlikely. If Ken does make the assumed alliance then he will be in a good spot because the alliance will be mostly made of pawns. Sugar is the only real contender for power and I think Ken would have no trouble letting Sugar feel like she runs things while he plays the mindgames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom