• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: SWF. Tribal Council Ends 2/16 6:00 PM EST!

Delvro

Smash Ace
I'll admit that Bubbles was a total guess (didn't even remember the names of the other two Powerpuff Girls) and would have passed it if I could.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
A.
Felix the Cat

B.
Dog from Duck Hunt

C.
Jasmine from Aladdin

D.
Snow White

E.
Sherman and Mr. Peabody

F.
Tweek from South Park

One.
Bowser (specifically from Super Mario Bros. (the original))

Two.
Monkey enemy from Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Three.
Robotnik from the Sonic series

Four.
Phillip J. Fry from Futurama

Five.
Alice from Alice in Wonderland

Six.
E. Honda from Street Fighter

Seven.
Bobby from Bobby's World

Eight.
Fred Flintstone

Nine.
Space Ghost

Ten.
Invader Zim

Eleven.
Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls

Twelve.
G.I.R. from Invader Zim

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
A. Felix the Cat
B. ...........
C. Jasmine from Aladdin
D. Snow White? (Getting a little princess-happy?)
E. Yes. Definitely Kiki.
F. Carol, from Where the Wild Things Are?

1. Bowser (or Koopa King)
2. Geno?
3. ..............
4. Frye, from Futurama
5. Ariel, from The Little Mermaid (human form)
6. Cyclops, from Hercules?
7. ................
8. Fred Flintstone
9. Ummm...that...um...guy...I've seen him...He has a black mask, like Batman's without the ears...and he wears a yellow-ish suit...what's his name....
10. Miss Fowler, from Jimmy Neutron? (TOTAL guess)
11. .........
12. The Little Engine That Could?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mod said:
b) If it is found out you are cheating, it will be made publicly known, people will laugh at you because you are such a loser, and you will be blacklisted from any further Survivoresque games we may choose to run.*
Meta Kirby from the Hyrule Kingdom has been caught cheating and has been disqualified from the game.

Meta Kirby was in possession of the Hidden Immunity Idol and that particular one dies with him.

Riddle from the Mushroom Kingdom has been caught cheating and has been disqualified from the game.

Both players are blacklisted from any Survivor Games that Mcfox and I choose to run.

The ability to talk to others outside of the game makes it more tempting to cheat, but people play mafia all the time without cheating, and our game deserves no less respect than that. I am disappointed in both of these players, and genuinely hope no one else is cheating, because that destroys both the purpose and spirit of the game. Furthermore, I hope these two players apologize not only to us, but the players in this game, especially those who they may have created alliances with. Most importantly, to J and Swiss, who potentially could be playing if not for these two.

Riddle

Smash Lord
While I did in fact break a rule knowingly, I disagree that this is a disqualifiable and black-listable offense, since it had no measurable effect on the game. However, its up to the moderator of the game and I obviously have to respect her decision.

I hope that everyone enjoys the game despite this slight hiccup and I hope I didn't ruin it for anybody I guess.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mod said:
b) If it is found out you are cheating, it will be made publicly known, people will laugh at you because you are such a loser, and you will be blacklisted from any further Survivoresque games we may choose to run.

Cheating is when a person misleads, deceives, or acts dishonestly on purpose.

It's in the rules that it is a blacklistable offense.

And the only reason you got caught is because another cheater got caught, and he turned you in. We wouldn't have found out if not for that. But then, I'm sure this is the only time this ever would've happened, right?

M.K

Level 55
Apologies to all for my stupid mistakes. Caused an unnecessary and arbitrary amount of stress in this game for mods and players alike. I feel very stupid.

Everyone do your best!

Riddle

Smash Lord
Cheating is when a person misleads, deceives, or acts dishonestly on purpose.

It's in the rules that it is a blacklistable offense.

And the only reason you got caught is because another cheater got caught, and he turned you in. We wouldn't have found out if not for that. But then, I'm sure this is the only time this ever would've happened, right?
I'm not denying that the rules say I should be disqualified at all. I'm saying the rules shouldnt say I should be disqualified. Probably not the only time this would've happened however none of the other times wouldve had a perceptible effect on the game either likely.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
b) If it is found out you are cheating, that will be totally okay. There is absolutely no problem if you decide that the rules do not apply to you. Whether you use it for only a little gain, or a lot, it doesn't matter! Go nuts!

Does that sound better? I think it sounds better, don't you?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thread will be closed at 10:45 PM EST and information regarding the game will be updated then.

Riddle

Smash Lord
McFox, your sarcasm isn't really funny or appreciated at all. Also, way to make ridiculous assumptions about my argument instead of asking what I meant.

I wish I could have a serious discussion about something I find unfair and hurtful to other players in the game without being ridiculed by an adult. I'm done with this conversation though.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I think it's hilarious, but meh. You had no respect for our game, why should I show respect to you?
I actually had immense respect for your game and you as well up until now. I quite enjoyed playing and am disappointed to be out. Unfortunately, I succumbed to my curiosity and broke a rule. However, this gives you no right to completely ignore a complaint about a game you are co-moderating and make a joke at my expense.

This isn't even about me wanting to play, I'm much more upset for everyone else in the game. Though I have lost a lot of respect for you, I still tried to treat you courteously and to hold a serious conversation, I wish you had done the same.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually had immense respect for your game and you as well up until now. I quite enjoyed playing and am disappointed to be out. Unfortunately, I succumbed to my curiosity and broke a rule. However, this gives you no right to completely ignore a complaint about a game you are co-moderating and make a joke at my expense.

This isn't even about me wanting to play, I'm much more upset for everyone else in the game. Though I have lost a lot of respect for you, I still tried to treat you courteously and to hold a serious conversation, I wish you had done the same.
This is the reason I'm main co-mod, is because Mcfox has to be filtered by me. :awesome:

However, we've already had this discussion in PM, and I've tried to explain that breaking a rule isn't fair for anyone. I also explained to you why your rule breaking did have effect in the game, and allows more lee-way for further cheating if we let you go with a slap on the wrist. You admit yourself that "this probably wouldn't have been the only time it happened."If we allowed you to stay in the game, you could not be trusted.

It is also further unfair to try to make this a public matter, because we have already had this exact conversation privately. You say you're alright with the decision, but you obviously are not. However, since you've decided to make this public, I whole-heartedly agree with you that it is unfair to the people you had an alliance with... and I genuinely feel sorry for those people because it might be hard for them to make a comeback in the game. You say it's unfair to the other people in the game that you are dropped, but you only have yourself to blame for that burden, because you are the one who broke the rules. The only other thing I could do is to end the game (which I told myself I would do if I found out people were cheating) but I think that would just make people sad.

I also fail to see why the rule needs to be changed, seeing that I've done my best attempt to shape these rules to mimic the game of REAL LIFE Survivor. I will take any critique at endgame, but that's where I will take it; not during the game during the midst of discovering two rule breakers.

However, knowingly cheating and breaking the rules is exactly that, and never goes without punishment as long as I am the mod.

Finally, the rule of cheating has always been in the first post. If you did not want to pay the consequences, you should not have broken the rules.

If you continue to want to talk, then I would wish that you would continue in PM. However, from my perspective, continuing in thread only blackens yourself.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mushroom Kingdom goes to tribal council!

Their tribal council date is 1/16/2011 6:00 PM EST!

I will make an announcement in their quicktopic 24 hours before their tribal council begins.

Players are no longer allowed to post in this thread.

Top Bottom