• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: SWF. Tribal Council Ends 2/16 6:00 PM EST!

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@May: So, are we voting for who we want eliminated, just like we did before, or are we voting for the person we want to win?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@May: So, are we voting for who we want eliminated, just like we did before, or are we voting for the person we want to win?
This is very important if you haven't seen the show. XD Thanks for reminding me.

This time, you're voting FOR the person you want to win.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well then.

*clears throat*

We few...

We happy few...

We band of brothers (and sister);

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother/sister.

And gentlemen in now-a-bed Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon This day!

It has been fun, and I'm glad to have made it this far. I enjoyed playing with all of you, especially my surviving ally's Joey & Tanny and my fallen allys: Vandy, M-K, J, Riddle, and Bed. May you rest in peace.

That would be all.​

Tandora

Smash Rookie
It's a real honor to be here in the Finals. Survivor has been an outstanding game. I've made some new friends and got to play some amazing challenges with some of the most cut throat players in the business. I know there were a few times it was hard to get out of the Mafia mentality since that is how I know most of you, but each week looking forward to the challenges and plotting with fellow teammates made this the best game I've play on SWF.

There were at least a few times when I struggled with what to do next. Early on it was easy to cast a vote, after all I wasn't connected to that player. But as the pool shrank smaller and smaller, the choice became all too much like that as a woman known as Sophie. I didn't want to stop playing with anyone, but Tribunal Council waits for no man.

I'm really gonna miss gathering with you guys in a chat room to just shoot the breeze until challenge time. And I'm gonna miss streaking to finish a challenge first. I sweated each and every week when it was game time. I think I'll miss the companionship most of all.

Great game everyone. No matter who gets MVP, outstanding performances for you all.

Thanks!

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
I'm going to ask a question, but I'd still like to begin with a short statement. This has been a good game, and congratulations to the finalists.

My question is this: What do each of you feel is your highest and lowest points in this game? What actions or events made you feel really good (and bad, respectively) about yourself during the course of this game?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I'm going to ask a question, but I'd still like to begin with a short statement. This has been a good game, and congratulations to the finalists.

My question is this: What do each of you feel is your highest and lowest points in this game? What actions or events made you feel really good (and bad, respectively) about yourself during the course of this game?
I think my highest point was when Joey made his alliance for me. J had been voted off and I was kinda doubting Zen my other partner because he had known the rest of our tribe was gonna vote for J but had not told either one of us. So, I didn't know who to trust and I was feeling really alone.

Joey approached me about an alliance and suddenly I had a buddy again. Someone to talk to and plan with on Survivor. I really think that alliance let me get to know Joey personally and I've really enjoyed just hanging out and goofing off with him on Skype. <3

My lowest point was when I voted for Delvro. In general, I tried to honor older alliances over newer ones, so when Joey suggested we vote for Delvro despite us having an alliance with him, I was torn. On one hand, Delvro had made an alliance with me so I wouldn't be voted off. On the other, if I followed Delvro I knew I couldn't get better than third place since he and Nabe were so tight.

I really struggled with that decision too. I had stomaches thinking about it. In the end, I was selfish and helped the vote block against Delvro because I knew he was too good a player and if I let him stay he'd dominate the rest of the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My highest point in the game was during about the beginning of the game. I had pretty much been a part of a network of alliances. One being between me, Vanderzant, and Meta-Kirby. Two, being between me, Tandora, and J. And three being between me, Joey, Riddle, Bed, and M-K. With these three alliances set up, I felt pretty safe voting wise.

My lowest point would be when the tribe was separated into two. That basically destroyed the whole alliance system. All of my allies except for I think Riddle were on the same team! Which I thought was awesome at first, but when it came down to voting, it was really tough. I would have to side with either the Joey-Bed alliance or the Tan-J alliance. I had genuinely planned to remain loyal to both groups at least until it was absolutely necessary to pick. The majority of the tribe had decided to vote J and I decided not to vote that meeting because I just wasn't up to the betrayal. What I do regret though is not informing J and Tandora beforehand. It took J completely off guard and Tanny ended up feeling betrayed anyway. When the tribes reunited, I wasn't sure where I stood with everyone anymore. Bed was gone. Riddle and M-K were kicked out. The whole thing just blew up.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
To both of you, if I were to vote for your opponent, for what reasons do you think I would do so?

Delvro

Smash Ace
All right, I'm not here to ask questions. I'm really just here to rant.

Tandora, I was pretty mad when you voted me off. I put my complete and total trust in you. I truly wanted to take you to the final 3, and I was incredibly betrayed when you voted me out. I was shocked and dismayed that you decided to throw away what seemed to me to be a guaranteed trip to the final 3 to stay with Joey and Zen. I can only assume they offered you final 3 as well. Maybe one or both of them offered you final 2 (If they did, I think they were lying). I don't know.

I feel like a total tool for taking you in when Cello and others were gunning for you at the merge, ensuring that you wouldn't get voted out. Even more so for thinking you'd want me in the final 3 with you and being completely satisfied with our alliance, enough to go to tribal council without even an inkling that I was going to be vote out, thinking that you were on my side. What a fool I was.

Of course, you're here now, and I suppose I can't judge you for your decision. It seems to have turned out well for you. Everyone seems to think you played a great strategic game. You made it to the end, despite the huge risk you took. Luckily, I didn't play the idol and found about your betrayal without getting voted out. Luckily, you won the final immunity challenge as well.

And now you're in the final two with Zen, who has been a follower pretty much the entire game. I haven't seen Zen make a single big move. From my perspective, Zen has been utterly clueless about nearly everyone else's strategy, never really knowing what was going on, especially near the end. I thought it was a facade, made to make Zen look more "innocent", but now I realize that it was real. Zen was simply a vote to be used by Tandora and Joey. That's not a strategy I approve of.

So I don't have a lot of good things to say, I suppose. I do have one thing though. I really liked Tandora's response to Ryunnosuke. That's it.

So I bear no grudges. The previous statement is a lie. No seriously, I'm ok with it. Congratulations Tandora and Zen.
Best of luck to the both of you.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have been informed Nabe is (possible?) V/LA. We'll move him to the back of the queue and allow -Joey- to go next.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
<3 both of you to death! You both made the game really really fun for me and I loved playing survivor with both of you! I'm really glad both of you made it to the final two!

****riding (get it? haha) aside, lets move on

Both: Who did you plan on voting out if we didn't un-merge? What about if Sir Bed did get voted? A list for each would be wonderful!~

Just saying again how fun this game was and how happy I am for both of you to make it to the final two. <3 ya'll!!!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
<3 both of you to death! You both made the game really really fun for me and I loved playing survivor with both of you! I'm really glad both of you made it to the final two!

Both: Who did you plan on voting out if we didn't un-merge? What about if Sir Bed did get voted? A list for each would be wonderful!~

Just saying again how fun this game was and how happy I am for both of you to make it to the final two. <3 ya'll!!!
Here's the list of people in the tribe:

The Hyrule Kingdom consists of:
metakirby
J
sir bedevere
-joey-
zen
tandora
vanderzant

I had pushed for Sir Bed quite a bit because I felt he had been pretty whiny during challenges. After J was voted off, I was kinda at a loss. Not really sure who I would have gone for after that. It really would have depended on who did what. Probably MK for saying he was okay for us voting Bed and then voting J off.

As I mentioned previously, I didn't have many connections after the split and I wasn't certain if Zen considered us to have an alliance after his lack of communication when J got voted off.

But a rough guess order would be:
Bed
MK
Zen
Joey
Vand

Just about every vote I gave was extremely conditional on how immunity went. If x, then y. So I was constantly just working with what I had.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I didn't really want to vote anybody out of that group, but with no choice I probably would have voted for Tandora at that time to be honest. With J gone, our alliance had become fragile, and I wanted to keep the me-you-bed-riddle-mk alliance going strong and Vanderzant was my original ally coming into the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not sure if I can edit or not but also Joey this would probably be the order that I would have voted at that time. Vanderzant, M-K, and I had a pretty tight alliance from the start. I was originally hoping to get to the final 3 with both of them.

tandora
sir bedevere
-joey-
metakirby
vanderzant

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I already know who I'll be voting for. Good luck to both of you.

My question to you both:
What will you do with your million dollars fashionable new title and dice combo upon winning?
I'd buy dgames and turn it into a communist nation. I'll cherish the combo with much appreciation. Though I already have dice so I assume you are speaking to and thus be voting for Tandora.
Will you remember the little people?
The little people are what I'm fighting for. They've been opressed by the man for far too long. With my victory comes their victory. There will be no more working endless hours, forced to make chocolate for the higher ups while singing silly songs. No more banishments down the geese hole for attempts to just taste the delecious candies that surround them all day every day in which they themselves put so much hard work into making. No more unsafe work conditions, working with radiation so powerful that it can turn one's skin orange, and still barely being able to feed their families. No more. It's time for change, and I will do everything in my power to make that happen.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I already know who I'll be voting for. Good luck to both of you.

My question to you both:
What will you do with your million dollars fashionable new title and dice combo upon winning? Will you remember the little people?
I'd like to help work on the next Survivor to help it run more smoothly.

This version was very well done for the amount of time needed to put it together and to run the challenges. I am hella impressed that Mayling and McFox got up early on their vacation to run challenges for us despite knowing that people would run late or not even show up without any reason why. But with any first time version, there were a few rough spots that needed to be smoothed out for the beta version.

As not only a finalist but someone who attended every challenge, I got to see every stage of the game from the contender's point of view, so I think I can give some good advice on what could make the game even more fun for not only the players but for the mods too.

This game is epic and I really want to see it with further incarnations much like the Newbie games. Or even the real Survivor game.

As far as the little people, there were no little people in this game. Everyone was masterfully awesome in their competition for title. Outrageous gambits, honorable playstyle, cutthroat competition, and back door deals made each and everyone one of us memorable in our own right.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirbyoshi has been prodded for the question and if 72 hours pass without a question, we'll move on to the final vote.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kirbyoshi has not posted a question, therefore we will move onto the next section! Now Tandora and Zen will give a final speech, with Tandora going first!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Gentlemen of the jury,

I know some of you have come into this council with your vote already decided. I hope you stop and reconsider your choice before you cast your vote. I think you sell this stage of the game short if you do not consider each and every one of our responses before you decide who deserves to win this game.

Who you vote for should not be who you like the best or who "screwed you over the least", but it should be for who OUTWITTED, OUTPLAYED, AND OUT LASTED their opponents.

I know there are some hard feelings for some of the votes I had to make. None of them were easy or lightly done. But I want some of you to consider, did I do anything worse or different than you? Or than my opponent?

My alliance with Delvro was after he decided to break his alliance with Cello. Cello himself had broken an alliance with me. Why? Because we all had to choose who was either weaker and could be let go or who was too strong to leave around as a dangerous opponent.

Even Zen has admitted to double dealing and willingness to vote against his allies multiple times. He even entered the final challenge willing to bargain blatantly for second place by throwing the contest. Zen is by no means an innocent bystander swept into backroom deals by more nefarious people.

He knew about each vote ahead of time and supported the voting block he had made himself a part of. He could have warned any of you at any time to let you prepare and he choose not to. Zen was here to win just as much as any of us.

I've been in every challenge. I let the mods know well in advance if I could or couldn't make a challenge rather than make everyone wait until past the deadline wondering if I was going to show. I've given advice and suggestions to help keep the game running smoothly. Often my votes early on were on players who were bogging down the game for various reasons, but I was more concerned with the challenges going well rather than who could give me the most personal advantage.

When Mayling asked us to post our availability, I said I had every night but Wednesday free. As the game progressed, I realized I had made an error. I had a roleplaying game Mon, Wed, and Friday. I had a date night with my husband on Tuesdays (when we're not supposed to be on the internet at all), and most weekends I am usually busy socializing some way or other.

Rather than call off all those days, I rearranged my schedule to make sure I could attend Survivor Challenges. Because I had made a commitment to this game and I wanted to honor that commitment first. There were several times I skipped going out for dinner with friends to be here when the challenge started. I was always on time and usually early enough to help set up a chat room so we could hang out and relax together before go time.

MVP should not be about who's the most popular but who helped make the game work for everyone involved.

Thank you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ryunnosuke, Delvro, Nabe, -Joey-, Cello_Marl, Kirbyoshi (If you are still alive), what Tandora speaks is true. I'm sure you all know this: Who you vote for should not be who you like the best or who "screwed you over the least", but it should be for who OUTWITTED, OUTPLAYED, AND OUT LASTED their opponents. It is my hope that you all vote with integrity and put thought into each of our responses, strategies, and actions this game.

Tandora also speaks truth about my play: I have always known what was going on, I have double dealt, and I have been playing to win. It is because of these reasons that I have made it this far.

Delvro said:
And now you're in the final two with Zen, who has been a follower pretty much the entire game. I haven't seen Zen make a single big move. From my perspective, Zen has been utterly clueless about nearly everyone else's strategy, never really knowing what was going on, especially near the end. I thought it was a facade, made to make Zen look more "innocent", but now I realize that it was real. Zen was simply a vote to be used by Tandora and Joey. That's not a strategy I approve of.
I have never been a "tool" as Delvro proposes and Tandora herself knows this. It was a good part of my strategy to be the "dunce" if you would say. Delvro is salty because he believes he was the superior player. He is right, he was probably the best player when it came to challenges. But winning challenges is only a portion of this game. Immunity only last temporarily, it is how long you last in the long run that matters. Being a power player is only a strategy one should take if they can guarantee they can win every time. This is the approach Delvro took. My strategy was quite the opposite, and because of that, I have made it to the final two. There was far too much chance and bias involved in the challenges to approach the game with the power player strategy. Many challenges could be lost simply due to chance and thus one could not guarantee safety. For example the square game- a game based off chance + the awareness of the person before. And challenges that involved knowing your competitors (in which Tandora, Cello, Ryu, and Delvro had advantage in). It is for these reasons that I chose to play the "clueless" game. Winning challenges was not the only way to SURVIVE. Dealing in the background, forming strong trusting alliances was my survival method of choice and it has worked. One, such as Delvro, may perceive it as weak, but this game isn't a matter of so called "weak" and "strong", it is a matter of SURVIVING.

While it may not have been apparent on the surface, I had always been actively involved with the game, constantly strategizing on what to do next and on long-term flow of things. My original plan coming into the game was this:

1. Form a 3 man alliance. At the start of the game I informed Vanderzant and Meta-Kirby of this and we formed a loyal alliance that was meant to take us to the final 3.

2. After the 3 man alliance was solid, I then planned to form a 5 man alliance. Included in this alliance would be the secret 3-man alliance between me, Vandy, and M-K + 2 others. To do this, I first formed a separate alliance with Tandora and J. I made an agreement with them for a final 3 deal as well. This was also a back up alliance in case something happened to Vandy/M-K (which did). After forming this alliance, I was to propose to the two of them (Tan & J) that we form a final 5 alliance with someone. Once accepted I was to then send a PM to all of Vandy, M-K, Tandora, and J proposing the final 5 alliance. In this way it would look as if I just chose 4 people to make an alliance with, therefore Tandora and J would have no idea at all that I had a secret final 3 alliance with Vandy and M-K.

3. The next step was to then reexplain to the final 5 alliance that we were going to make an alliance with 4 others, forming a final 9 alliance. With this, we would ensure absolute safety the entire game. The game began with 15 players, so with 9 people we could ensure that no one in our alliance was ever voted off.

4. The Final step was to have it all play out. The f-9 alliance would vote out the other 6 players. Once it got down to us 9, the f-5 alliance (me, Vandy, M-K, Tandora, and J) would then have the majority of the 9 and vote out the 4 other players. THEN once it got down to the final 5, my final 3 alliance would have taken out the other 2. Now by this time one of the 4 would surely get suspicious that I had a final 3 alliance and planned to betray them, BUT everyone in the group had made a final 3 deal. And I was in both. At this time I could choose the Tandora/J alliance or the Vandy/M-K alliance. It was an ensured plan to making it to the final 3 and I really wish I could have carried it out..

However... the splitting of the tribe came about.. and unfortunately everyone I had been aligned with was on my team >_>... So anyone voted off would disrupt this plan (and did disrupt this plan). It was during this time that I had revealed the most effort into the challenges. I solely faced down the other tribe in one of the challenges to preserve my teammates (and succeeded). Yet still further disruptions came into being. M-K, one of my main allies attempted to cheat by discussing the answers to the challenge. Unfortunately I had to report this and it resulted in getting him booted from the game :[. Upon this, it was found out that another of my allies, Riddle, was cheating as well. With this I was already down two alliance members. Our tribe also lost a challenge and another of my main allies, J, had to pay the price. There was no way I could carry through with my original plans at that point in time, thus I had to seek new strategy.

It was during this time that the tribes were reunited. I knew with certainty that the Mushroom Kingdom would stay aligned and with players as tough as Cello, Delvro, and Ryu, I and the remainder of Hyrule were pretty much in a hole. The only other person I was in contact at this time pretty much was Joey. (vandy was voted off, bed went inactive, tandora and I didn't speak much).

If I wanted to survive, I needed to break a part the Mushroom Kingdom alliance, and it was at this time that I made up having received two d20 rolls. Acting ignorant of the alliance, I made it out that I had received information that there was some secret dealing going on. I have no idea if there was, but I successfully managed to form distrust among the former MK tribe. Kirbyoshi broke a part from the tribe which set everything I needed in motion. Tandora and I realigned and Cello ended up betraying Tandora. With this we were back in the game. I continued to remain in the off the surface while other made themselves targets.

Yes, Delvro there may have been somethings I was unaware of, but it did not matter. Once Cello was off, Joey, Tan, and I were set to the final 3. The only thing that stood in our way was Delvro, but with Delvro as being such a powerful player and me and Joey (sorry babe) being dunces, I was confident that Tandora would side with us. I admit I was a little fearful Tandora might have sided with Ryu and Nabe over me and Joey, but our alliance was strong.

Once it came down to me, Tandora, and Joey it then became my main concern to make it here. Winning the challenge was irrelevant so long as I could make it to the final 2. Though it would have been ideal to have brought Joey...

but I have survived.. and that is all that matters...

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now is the moment for which you have ALL been waiting for... Jury, it is time for you to cast your votes! You are voting FOR the person you want to win... therefore, you should write the name of the person you want to win!

All votes must be to me in 72 hours from this writing (3/25/2011 at 8:05 PM EST!)

Top Bottom