• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SuSa's matchup thread (and redoing Ratios)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I know that some Link was close to beat M2K in a friendly match. MK vs. Link 50:50? haha xD
That was Deva.

As for the Link is near even wtih Snake WTF?! stuff.

Some Link's do believe the MU is 55:45 that have legit tournament experience, Kirin for example. Others like Laws don't agree and think it's worse.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The main reason people don't think Link vs Snake is near even is Deva vs Ally.

Ally 3 stocked him and then 2 stocked him on Norfair. But I think that's a play-style difference, for example Deva is one of the best Link players at the MK match-up but I'm not sure how good he is vs Snake, that and I think Ally is a better player than Deva.

Some players are much better at certain MU's than others.

I'm gonna take back what I said about the camping, Link camps well against Snake, z-air to rephrase is problematic and Link has good tilts and better air games than Snake but Snake can gimp Link's recovery and Snake can kill Link early too. It's 55:45 Snake only or 50:50

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Link isn't that good in the air. His air speed sucks, he falls extremely fast and has a very short mid-air jump.
Link hit almost as much as Snake, but Snake does MORE damage per hit. I think it's 65/35 Snake. But it's 50/50 or something like that when you don't know the matchup, but no one cares about that matchup because Link is rarely seen as he loses hard against ALMOST all characters, being far from tourney viable.

Yeah what about Snake's air games? It's baadd. Are you saying that I don't know the match up at all? I played a lot of Link matches and seriously, Link does pretty well against Snake and plus if you say all the Link matches I play are against newbies then well your wrong.

Yumewomiteru said:
I honestly think Link does well against Snakes. He can camp better, has more range, and pretty good kill setups too, plus he lives forever.
Nappy said:
snake can rush down link it doesn't even matter. But I agree with link being able to camp snake
I think it's just a 55:45 Snake

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yeah what about Snake's air games? It's baadd. Are you saying that I don't know the match up at all? I played a lot of Link matches and seriously, Link does pretty well against Snake and plus if you say all the Link matches I play are against newbies then well your wrong.
As a Snake mainer I know every time I'm in the air there is a tech-chasing. Snake's air moves are all very laggy, but Snake still has better air speed than Link. And Link's aerials are not that good.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
As a Snake mainer I know every time I'm in the air there is a tech-chasing. Snake's air moves are all very laggy, but Snake still has better air speed than Link. And Link's aerials are not that good.
Not true Link's aerials are a little better than descent. I have to fight this MU every weekend. W/ my rob at least. :)
I think Snake v. Link is 55:45. Snakes fav.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPH8nzY1SzM

Joker vs ArkiveZero. Doesn't seen even at all. I see it clearly that Snake has the advantage: racks damage faster and kills earlier. He doesn't need to even gimp Link to win.
Wow, Arkive dropped the ball on this one.

You can't honestly tell me that depicts the MU right when it went from 2 stocks behind to even, Arkive even screwed up blowing himself up with bombs DIing wrong at the end with a Zair instead of a Bair to moment cancel.

Top Bottom