• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweet combo for setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Only use the thunders combo on people that fall down from the shine >_>..

Drakonus

Smash Cadet
LOL both of you are wrong and both combos are situational. First off.......jabbing would be tap resetting.....and they can jab you back FYI. Try doing this against a gannon who knows his/her way around. As was stated the dthrow can be teched by those not surprised, or those not bewildered by fox tactics. In other words this will only work up to a certain point in tourney.....and the u-tilts can also be DI'ed meaning you better call that to land at least one up-air.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
the first combo won't work on anybody who plays a fox semi-regularly, I'm sorry.

I've done it before, but it has way too many holes in it to be consistently used. the dthrow up tilt would have little to no chance of being landed on any character, therefore any attempt at the combo would result in a maximum 12 damage. you'd be better off uthrow to uair.

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
I mean like.. just do it very fast.. without pauses.. he wouldn't be able to react with his human
mindbrain XD or else you must be realy pro with teching.. btw I don't care howmuch damage
it does.. it is just a setup..

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
well. you CAN do your setup i think. and if they are tech lovers and tech everything no matter what. Chase them down after their tech with an usmash. works wonders on jiggs.

It will not work if they DI properly or just tech. It's not a real combo.
Drakonus said:
LOL both of you are wrong and both combos are situational. First off.......jabbing would be tap resetting.....and they can jab you back FYI. Try doing this against a gannon who knows his/her way around. As was stated the dthrow can be teched by those not surprised, or those not bewildered by fox tactics. In other words this will only work up to a certain point in tourney.....and the u-tilts can also be DI'ed meaning you better call that to land at least one up-air.
If you jab someone on the ground at low enough %, they are forced to get up in place. >.>
(They cannot jab you back, and the falling uair would work. Look for the shine>jab>etc threads.)

Bailey

Smash Hero
What I like to do on Marth, Sheik, Link or anyone else in that weight is Waveshine -> Down Throw -> D-Tilt -> SHFFL Sex Kick -> Down Throw (Catch them before they hit ground) -> D-Tilt -> Then either U-Air or Sex Kick. This seems to work for me.

zzzsmash

Smash Rookie
I kept trying to use it on my bro who uses Falco...teched everytime but now I just up-throw and up-smash:) . I would like to see how bad chaingrabbing would piss him off though;)

Drakonus

Smash Cadet
Yo silent wolf...that's wrong too. Not so much that they cannot jab you back but my point is still made in that you won't be able to up-air them.....crouch anyone? As well, falling up-air gives em some time.......so they cannot jab you back? Not sure about that.....seeing as i don't have a cube at the moment I'm not able to test that....but there's probably a way out...somehow..and on fallers....why not just tech chase. I prefer it....however maybe people like to play mindlessly. The game is fun because you're playing a person not a sandbag.

........................XD
Hmm. Have you never seen someone get jabbed while laying on the ground? You know, what Jarc and Hylian were actually talking about? Fastfallers and not Ganon. How when the shine knocks them down and you jab, it makes them stand up in place and the uair gets through the invincibility. =P

Drakonus

Smash Cadet
Hmmm....that's paradoxical or maybe even oxymoronic...."U-air goes through invincibility" ????!!!! Perhaps what you meant to say is that u-air will out-"time" any move they could get out after being jabbed....if that's true then cool...if not then the combo's not possible. E.G. falco falls......after being jabbed can he not shine? Also you prolly didn't mean to imply that fast-fallers are the only ones to fall from shine.....but I must make note nonetheless that other characters do too.....M2, Roy, and no, Roy is not a fastfaller, and also no the argument that you'll never see these players in tourneys so thus you need not consider them is also not applicable. Taj >>> Neo, the hope for cool characters.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Drakonus, listen to Silent Wolf. The U-air has two hitboxes, therefore one connects while the invincibility is on, the other (located at the tip of the feet/tail) hits when it goes away. When you jab someone while they're on the ground in order to reset them, they get EXTREMELY minimal invincibility frames. That's why you can jab -> u-smash. The hitlag combined with the reset frames prevent them from attacking. Hello Thunder's Combo.

Drakonus

Smash Cadet
So in other words.....no chance to DI away from hit.....after all it's a weak first hit........also no chance to jab back while the other person shorthops a u-air.........and no chance to crouch...which may or may not avoid the second/first hit(s). Then again....why do that when you can just do the thunder? Oh yah not to mention smash DI...though that's not likely to do much for ya. Also why the focus on elaborate combos......it's a guaranteed win if you just spam blasters and do the up-air ladder around 30-40 %, although you have to have some skill in calling. Oh yah also isn't there increased hitlag when you hit an invincible target? Also an assumption was made that the downtime of those being jab reset is greater than the hit-lag from invincibility....shorthop.....and fastfall, in addition to the fact that the second u-air comes out slightly after the first....if it is then wow....that's just slightly overpowered.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
So in other words.....no chance to DI away from hit.....after all it's a weak first hit........also no chance to jab back while the other person shorthops a u-air.........and no chance to crouch...which may or may not avoid the second/first hit(s). Then again....why do that when you can just do the thunder? Oh yah not to mention smash DI...though that's not likely to do much for ya. Also why the focus on elaborate combos......it's a guaranteed win if you just spam blasters and do the up-air ladder around 30-40 %, although you have to have some skill in calling. Oh yah also isn't there increased hitlag when you hit an invincible target? Also an assumption was made that the downtime of those being jab reset is greater than the hit-lag from invincibility....shorthop.....and fastfall, in addition to the fact that the second u-air comes out slightly after the first....if it is then wow....that's just slightly overpowered.
DI doesnt work very well for jab resets...
fox's shffled aerials are incredibly fast.
and yes, smashers have come to realize that nearly half of fox's attacks are "just slightly overpowered", leading into that "slightly overpowered" character we see.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Drakonus, dont be a ****ing ****. Your acting quite arrogant and trying to contradict people who CERTAINLY know more than you. Way to try and out-knowledge 2 very tech heavy foxes.

Drakonus

Smash Cadet
Hmm another example of so-called elite/long-time smasher's ignorance in categorizing style and degree of play. Perhaps, I should clarify by saying that you're making an ASSUMPTION. Just because I haven't had a user tag on smashboards, before recently, says nothing of my style of gameplay nor depth....don't presume. Also........======> where was the arrogance? Is pointing out that something could be wrong arrogance, that is without having a doubt in my own mind. Think about it......I don't have to express my doubt in a friggin post online....I need only convey the information. There are no formalities that I need follow....and formalities change from place to place and culture to culture. Instead of saying.....I think you're wrong....I'll just say you're wrong till you prove me otherwise.....the difference is only in how you take it....not how I'm "REQUIRED" to convey it. Funny how people are more likely to repost given a challenge to their statements than an agreement/"weak" timid argument against. No one likes to seem inferior......FYI, even if the other knows more....perhaps it's both person's duty...but certainly it does not lie upon the ignorant alone.

=======> Tech is not skill =======> Use of tech is =======> Look at Ken ====> So saying that they're the most tech intensive doesn't mean **** to me, other than that they know to do more things..........use of those options is a whole different matter.

P.S. WANNA FIGHT IN REAL LIFE....................NAH DIDN'T THINK SO

Woah, calm down.
I'll close this because the combo posted isn't a combo and all there is going on is argueing about something pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom