• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET X: Clash of the Dons Results [2/9/13 - Ann Arbor, MI]

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
?????? me don't know what you're saying.

I'm asking because if 14 entrants payout was 60 30 10 then im missing moolah. that's all.
I legit thought you were sticking with the whole Axis thing, rofl

I wouldn't know though, if I were you, I'd ask Roller what the situation was for payouts, since he's the one who TO'd Brawl for this tournament.

And if you're missing money....

:088:

Roller

Smash Legend
@Axis: Although I didn't personally hand you the money, I'm confident you did actually get the amount you were supposed to get. HOWEVER, that amount is different from the traditional split based on 14 paying entrants, which is why that math didn't work out. It has to do with a previous arrangement made between Juggleguy and certain members of the stream team which I had absolutely nothing to do with, nor any prior knowledge of.

You can PM me for more details.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Man, 64 actually happened? Dammit.

I called off the wrong saturday and missed this because stupid. <_<

I plan on coming to the next one. Even if it won't have 64. *heartbroken*

I WANTED TO BODY M2K IN 64. >:(

good **** shane.

SmashProJJFF

Smash Journeyman
"bonnie "princess peach" billy + i see a dark ness"

omg who are these people, i love them
Hey man, I'm Bonnie. I'm not surprised that KanyeRest enjoys a nice, music-related pun. Fun tournament, guys. Turns out I'm pretty bad at Melee these days!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Xatic, thanks for posting the payouts and bracket for PM! I'm putting together a Tournament Results Archive for PM tournaments, and one of the things I'm keeping track of is the characters that the top 7 used. Who did you use, and do you or anyone else remember who Dre used?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
1: CT|EMP|PGH|Megabus|*******|Livejasmin Mew2King ($250.00) :sheikmelee: - GGs in pools lmao. Bess Roy. Good **** winning.

2: Moose ($125.00) :falcomelee: - Glad you were able to enter singles. Your Falco is amazing. Good **** getting second. Looking forward to go to you for Fox advice next tournament we're both at.

3: Shaeden ($75.00) :marthmelee: :falcomelee: - I didn't know you had a Marth lol. Good **** getting 3rd. Dat OoT tho.

4: Duck ($50.00) :samusmelee: - Man, we gotta play again sometime.

5: HIV+ :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - FOX?!

5: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: - Still got it.

7: Juggleguy :falconmelee: - Great tourney as always. #BestTO. Fun MM, btw. One day, I will take down the Jugglefox.

7: Shady :marthmelee: :foxmelee: - Man, we gotta play again sometime.

9: Taki - Nice meeting you.

9: PGH Carroll - GOD... DAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN, you ****ing STYLED on me in our MM. #NoFoxGiven.

9: Dope - DOOOOOOOOOOPE!

9: voorhese - Nice seeing you again.

13: Dempt - Funniest person I have ever met. Thanks for hyping up my set vs M2K lmao. No worries about the triwing. RyeJew got my controller fixed.

13: Butch G - Nice seeing you again. Fun friendlies.

13: Tremor - Nice meeting you and GGs in pools. Thanks for the advice.

13: A Tree - The man. The myth. The legend.

17: RyeJew - Thanks for fixing my controller!

17: Dre - GGs in pools. Bodied me game 1 lol.

17: hellsinglover - Fun friendlies, man. That Marth is getting better.

17: Gracen - Nice seeing you again.

17: Montross - MORE OLD SCHOOL!

17: kjh - We finally got to play lol. You still impress me.

17: Rh1thmz - GGs in teams. Sorry to hear about your vids.

25: Sweet - Nice meeting you.

25: Shock Sauce - GGs in pools. Embarrassing set vs M2K LMAO.

25: Xatic - GGs in our dubs MM :yeahboi:

25: condemned soul - Nice seeing you again, Soul.

25: Blake - GGs in teams.

25: Warlock Don - The man. The myth. The legend.

33: Russ - GGs in pools.

33: artificial flavor - GGs in teams.

33: tmtmny - Nice playing you again, Tom. GGs. I'll figure out that Ganon one day lol.

33: Roki - Now I know why you don't enter teams LMAO.

33: General Heinz - GGs in teams.

33: Tile - Nice meeting you.

33: DBPM - Duuuuuude, I should've asked for some friendlies!

41: Apasher - Only had one day to practice. So busy. Gotta practice and play people more often.

41: binanosplat - Nice meeting you.

49: train - Nice meeting you.

49: +C - GGs in pools. You can't just throw out nairs. Just gotta play smarter and work on your techskill.

LOE1 - Good **** beating Roller! Next up on your hitlist: Tech_Chase Zinoto.

Ori - owes me $1 from our MM. :salt:

Hot_ArmS -

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Wow at that dubs bracket... We beat Ori and stewy 3-2

Also harms didn't bring my money
Also noone trend to mm me

:phone:

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
All right, it's finally time for my traditional wall of text. First order of business, though:

-The matches I recorded are finally all up (rather, will finish being put up in an hour or less). Lots of problem child recording issues, lol, but I figured I'd get them up anyways. I have a new plan for recording in the future that I plan to have worked out for future tourneys, though, so please subscribe, and I look forward to putting out quality matches in the future! #ShamelessAdvertising

-Really quite pleased with Kzoo this tourney. We're gettin' stronger, for sure. Hopefully, we'll be able to start putting a dent in this East MI wall of sorts real soon :cool: Let's keep practicing up!

Aaaaand without further ado, here come the shout outs (characters listed are the ones I saw):

1: PGH Mew2King :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :foxmelee: - Man, I know first-hand why they call you the Robot now, haha. There's just so many things you're so god damn consistent with. GG's scraping me and Elliot in teams, haha. I did ok in the Mute City game we played, lol, but then you had ledges in the games on the actual neutrals, and just damn. I have to get wayyyyy better at this game, lol. You are just too good. Glad you came. I'd love to see you come back for another MI tourney again sometime!
2: Moose :falcomelee: - GG's in pools, I had fun! Sorry I kept killing myself, haha. You killed yourself a time or two, though, so I guess it all evens out...? Lol. We should play some friendlies next time.
3: Shaeden :falcomelee: :marthmelee: - Never quite got to catch you for some friendlies. Hoping to catch some with you next time.
4: Duck :samusmelee: - Also never got around to getting some matches in with you. I'll be bringin' the heat at SWEET XI, though.
5: HIV+ :falcomelee: :foxmelee: (:marthmelee:)- Thanks a ton for the Marth practice and advice. I learned a ton with what I gathered against your Marth. I feel ready to do some serious improvement in that matchup! We'll have to get in Flaco dittos next time, though. You may be surprised by how much better I fare. ;)
5: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: - Man, we never get in a solid group of friendlies; I always catch you at inopportune times, lol. Hoping to get in some solid games against your Peach next time.
7: Juggleguy :falconmelee: - GG's in pools, haha. Sorry that the footage from our set is so ****ty, but I'll definitely look into VirtualDub for next time.
7: Shady :marthmelee: - GG's in bracket, dude. I was really on that set, too, even if I kinda laser camped for a little bit at some points, lol. Sorry that our footage turned out so poorly :urg: I have no idea how that happened. We should get in more games at future tourneys, though.
9. PGH Carroll :foxmelee: - GJ stealing everyone's money in teams with M2K, lol :awesome:
9: voorhese :foxmelee: :icsmelee: - GG's in bracket. Man, I'm really sorry, but our footage failed to record :( Needless to say, though, you bodied me, haha. I have so many johns/so much salt about it, but it's my fault for not adequately preparing. I'll be ready for you next time.
13: Tremor :sheikmelee: - I'm sorry we didn't get our money match in, dude. I'll be sure to catch you at SWEET XI. Until then, get dat Flaco practice...you'll need it ;)
13: A Tree :samusmelee: - I'm really glad we got our games in, dude. It was good to play against you again; it's been over a year since BH1, haha. I learned/put together a lot about the Samus MU in our friendlies. We'll definitely catch some more next time. You better show up to SWEET XI!
17: Gracen :sheikmelee: - It's always good to play/talk Smash with you, dude. Although we didn't really do any playing this time, lol. Show up to SWEET XI! We need to play some more games.
17: Montross :foxmelee: - Damn, dat old school. I'll try not to choke so hard next time, lol. No johns, though. Good **** in pools, hope to get some games again soon.
17: kjh :foxmelee: :falcomelee: - We need to get more games in, man. Let's play some solid friendlies at SWEET XI.
17: Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - I actually feel pretty good about this tourney. Some ups, some downs, a good number of really well-played sets, some chokes, some salt, some accomplishments. Gettin' stronger. Now I just have to make my recording setup stop sucking :urg:
25: Shock Sauce :falcomelee: :jigglypuffmelee: - Nice set with M2K, haha :awesome: Probably wasn't wise to tell him to take you to ANY stage :p Good ****, though, making it into bracket. Watch out at Rootfest 4 :cool:
25: Captain Cleveland :falconmelee: - Good **** getting bodied with me in team friendlies against M2K lol. Hope to catch some matches with you soon.
25: Blake :falcomelee: :jerrymelee: :larrymelee: :gol'ummelee: - Blake aka jerry aka the hope of the Kzoo scene aka the slayer of slayers. I hope I made you proud this tourney, haha. We'll have to get lots more smashfests going for next month's installment. Oh, and learn the Samus MU :awesome:
25: Warlock Don :ganonmelee: - GG's in bracket, man. It was great to finally meet the legend himself after all this time and hype, haha. Hope to see you at more tourneys in the future.
33: 401k :falconmelee: - Baby Blue! You'll always be Baby Blue in my mind, haha. You can thank Elliot for that :awesome: Good showing, man. Keep up the improvement, and keep working at that Falco MU! It's definitely a tough one, but you gotta stay on Falco's nuts, or he'll get all over yours. Falcon's OoS options aren't very strong, so don't let yourself get in that position. See you at Rootfest 4!
33: artificial flavor :luigimelee: - Moar utilt :awesome: Your gimps are getting better, but your neutral game is still kinda subpar. Watch dat Vudujin and see how he charts out his plan against various options in various MU's. You gotta kick it into high gear, but you can do it. Gentlemen's Club :luigimelee: weegee :luigimelee: gotta get strong!
33: Roki :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :falconmelee: :peachmelee: - GG's in teams. Dat Fox/Falcon ditto.
33: General Heinz :falconmelee: - The Heinz. Resident :falconmelee: Falcon :falconmelee: of the Gentlemen's Club. You have all the tools to ****; utilize them. Your days are numbered if I run into you in bracket at Rootfest 4, though :cool: Practice hard in EL!
33: Tile :foxmelee: :marthmelee: - Damn, dat pools set. I was definitely feeling the adrenaline for like 5-10 minutes after that set, lol. Good **** in the Amateur Bracket.
33: DBPM :luigimelee: - GG's in teams! GG's to Soul, too; I think his tag was condemned soul...? I wasn't sure, so I'll just shout out to both of you guys here.
41: Apasher :foxmelee: - GG's in teams. Thanks for the tidbits about recording! I'll have a better recording setup for next time.
41: i see a dark ness :peachmelee: - I always say it's always nice to see new faces, and it definitely is. Even if you just work on your float game and Float-Cancelled aerials, you'll find yourself doing significantly better. Find local players in your area and practice up; we'd love to see your crew again!
41: FishNax - Damn, I knew I forgot to do something, but I didn't realize it until I left the venue. I totally forgot to finally introduce myself to you! :( Hope to see you at Rootfest 4! Would be great to finally put a face to the name.
41: Minor Threat :ganonmelee: - I think this is the character you were using...? I apologize if I got it wrong. Anyways, it was fun doing some kind of interesting hodgepodge of commentary with you on the late Amateur Bracket matches, lol.
41: binanosplat :falconmelee: - Is this your first tourney? Just not sure since I haven't seen you around before. If it is, then good **** making it out! If not, then sorry about the mistake, haha. Always nice to see new faces. GG's in pools regardless.
49: train :drmario: :nessmelee: - GG's in pools. I finally played my first matches against this member of the Guild. Curious as to why you went Doc instead of Ness, though. Good games!
49: Funky Dealer :falcomelee: - Yeah, Melee is a different animal than your standard FGC tournament, haha. It's deep in of itself, though, just in a different way. Hope you had fun! Would be great to see you come again!

Also, shoutouts to the pool that I captained for being super easygoing and cooperative.

I had a great time at this tourney and learned a **** ton. Super excited to train up and take it up to the next level at SWEET XI!

Come on out to Rootfest 4 coming up in a few weeks! Would be great to see East MI support! Hoping to get a Kzoo tourney series going, too, in the near future. Good ****, everyone!

LOE1

Smash Lord
LOE1's Legendary Shoutouts!

1. Axis :snake::metaknight: ($66.00)- 2nd tourney he goes to, takes out m2k. you may even be better than that scrub ally
2. CT|EMP|PGH Mew2King :metaknight: ($36.00)- still too good. fun games, i was soo close to takin a game off of you. next time i'll be better and ready to take that 1 game off :).
3. LOE1 :warioc::metaknight: ($18.00)- has to use mk to get this far. ****ing scrub.but rly,just gotta keep makin them upsets. i got dis :yeahboi:
4. WTP :falco::dedede::metaknight: thanks for teamin, we did pretty well for 1st time teaming. i know i play stupid and all, but thats just how i play :|. nice job gettin 4th.
5. FF Stewyian :popo::metaknight: :salt: i made the salt master salty. :salt: but rly, good set, always gonna be scared of you tho.
5. [FBC] Roller :popo: **** our set had me scared to ****. i was sooo nervous. good set man, ya still hold that win in pools :denzel:. but **** ic still :|
7. me9595 :luigi2::metaknight:- how da**** did ya get 7th lol. guess ur just gettin alot better. always remember, luigiownesevery1.
7. Zyth :metaknight::dk2: who let this scrub get 7th?
9. FF Ori_bro :olimar::popo: yeaa **** ic. just gotta learn da mu more and **** em next time.
9. FF WuvS :yoshi2: never knew ya had a rob :O. but fun set in pools. wish we didnt play on ksevs janky set up tho.
9. FF Xatic :zerosuitsamus: still a scumbag
9. Ksev :snake: makin meh play on ur set up so you had the advantage johns. but rly,that was a really close set. i dunno how ya would have done vs meh diddy, but imma watch for you now.
13. Magus :falco: yooo ur gettin better, takin that game off of ori and almost beatin meh 2nd game. represent that falco!
13. Flow :toonlink: fun friendlies, toon link may be fun,but hard to master. keep practicin!

shoutouts to warlock don for proving he is a legend
shoutouts to apash for not gettin last in melee :denzel:
shoutouts to wendy's brand :salt:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Hot_ArmS - is bad at smash and too scared to MM Apasher.
Couldn't I say the same thing about you with the Doubles MM? :bee:

Regardless, I will
hopefully
start uploads of Brawl videos today.
I'll also post the rest of the results for P:M (but I can't help with character usage, sorry.)
LOE1, there's a reason why you don't know of my ROB. I'm bad with everyone but Yoshi, even then, still bad~

Now back to my anime binge. :dr^_^:

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Nope. I was just broke. Hot_ArmS didn't even show up.

Also, Dempt, were you the white Marth and the green Fox that played on my recording setup?

iirc, I didn't go white Marth, but I know I went green Fox. If the Marth/Fox were part of a set, it wasn't me, but if they were separate, it could have been me, but I don't remember.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I need full results for your pool so I can have an easier time determining who played in my footage.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I don't think I've ever watched a match of brawl and been like wow, that was entertaining(except my own). It's a boring slow paced game, and unless you're winning its really not very fun because all the good characters just run away, or body you so hard off of one confirm that you just have to sit and watch your stock go away.

If ya'll don't want to be bored then get better and body kids, or quit playing.
You only watch your own videos regardless. When is the last time you watched a match of someone else? Iirc, never

Top Bottom