• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Then what is?.
Fsmash is much stronger, and even though it was only a small change, its far noticable now thanks to the knock back buffs it received. Just because a move is chargeable, it doesn't mean it is instantly their strongest attack.

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
:4myfriends:+1 Consistenlty buffed with the patches, and the results from TBH5 showing multiple Ikes placing top 32 indicates that he should really be higher
:4gaw:+1 May not have the results as well as being a lightweight, but in no way deserves to be in the tier he's in now. Huge competitive potential
:4pacman:+1 Zage. Guy's stylin. More players like him and just honing the craft more would do wonders for this character's metagame

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Browny Browny - Marth gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQg7PuZPqUY - This was at Paragon, very recent. This also shows why Marth is very scary. Killing easily from center stage at 49%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G3-V66bgeo - At 3:39, this also shows another scary thing for Marth, with the whole ledge snap thing. Being able to hit a tipper as the opponent snaps the ledge, I wish I was better at that myself actually! I think this Marth could have taken this set though. Why ever the player decided to do DB1 when returning to the stage is beyond me.

Still, this is nothing fantastic, I know, but it's the character being pushed and I like to see that. I know what you are trying to get at with that challenge. Remember, you also said yourself on the opening post "Base your votes on ANYTHING you want", so results aren't the first thing everybody is going to be thinking of. Also, people who do use Marth a bit nowadays, such as Ally, only recently picked the character up. It's things like this we need to look to, people picking him up and pushing the character, because they obviously think Marth has something.

Actually, something else kinda related, which tier on this list do you consider high tier or above? I think Marth deserves to hang with the characters in tier 4 (albeit, near the bottom of it if I had to place individually). Would you class tier 4 as high tier? Or would it be more upper mid for example? By my perception, tier 2 would be high tier, with 1 being top tier obviously. Just curious, thanks!

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Alright here's my tier list:

S::4sheik::4zss::4diddy::4ryu::4myfriends::4miibrawl:
A::4fox::rosalina::4gaw::4mario::4luigi::4marth::4sonic::4ness::4rob::4villagerf:
B::4falcon::4peach::4yoshi::4metaknight::4pacman::4miisword:
C::4lucario::4robinm::4megaman::4olimar::4kirby::4samus::4dk::4pit::4darkpit::4link::4littlemac:
D::4pikachu::4wiifit::4charizard::4tlink::4palutena::4shulk::4wario::4drmario::4falco::4greninja:
E::4dedede::4miigun::4feroy::4lucas::4mewtwo::4zelda::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4lucina:
F::4miigun::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff:

Yes, this is a joke.

But Serisualy, I'm not posting my tier list. But please, people, stop posting tier lists, it's gonna screw up his thread, and cause a lot of heated argeuemnts. At SOME point, somebody may make a tier list THIS bad.

So THIS is why tier lists end up in that thread bespite being "Punishable by Death"
I was about to go ham on you until i saw the last part.

I'll spare you this time....

Seige

Smash Cadet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQg7PuZPqUY - This was at Paragon, very recent. This also shows why Marth is very scary. Killing easily from center stage at 49%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G3-V66bgeo - At 3:39, this also shows another scary thing for Marth, with the whole ledge snap thing. Being able to hit a tipper as the opponent snaps the ledge, I wish I was better at that myself actually! I think this Marth could have taken this set though. Why ever the player decided to do DB1 when returning to the stage is beyond me.

Still, this is nothing fantastic, I know, but it's the character being pushed and I like to see that. I know what you are trying to get at with that challenge. Remember, you also said yourself on the opening post "Base your votes on ANYTHING you want", so results aren't the first thing everybody is going to be thinking of. Also, people who do use Marth a bit nowadays, such as Ally, only recently picked the character up. It's things like this we need to look to, people picking him up and pushing the character, because they obviously think Marth has something.

Actually, something else kinda related, which tier on this list do you consider high tier or above? I think Marth deserves to hang with the characters in tier 4 (albeit, near the bottom of it if I had to place individually). Would you class tier 4 as high tier? Or would it be more upper mid for example? By my perception, tier 2 would be high tier, with 1 being top tier obviously. Just curious, thanks!
Imo since I call my tiers S A+ A A- B D and F so 4 would be A- so Low High Tier.
(Although maybe I should change that to S A+ A- B+ B- D F for better consistency)

Anyways Marth may not be the best(after all I prefer Ike this game because we like Ike), but he definitely deserves the same tier as Roy as the meta is forcing them in the same tier. Lucina should be one below though and I stand by that.

Last edited:

Seige

Smash Cadet
I was about to go ham on you until i saw the last part.

I'll spare you this time....
Tbh go ham anyways there's two gunners.

Edit: Is no one going to criticize my tier list? D:
Well I guess it means it's good if no one says anything ;)

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'd say tiers 1-3 were high, 4 was middle, and 5-7 were low.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
:4samus: + 1
:4gaw: + 1
:4tlink: + 1
I'll settle with this for now. Might change the last one later.

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
All he has to do is keep using his Bonus Fruit and knock the opponent away, the fruits being difficult to block. Even if someone runs up and tries to attack, you can hit them with a fruit. If someone tries to toss him around in the air, he throws down a Fire Hydrant. If he wants to approach, Power Pellet. His jab and his aerials can also get him out of combos. The only thing he can't do easily is land a kill.
Ha. no. Bonus fruits are great and all, but if the opponent has any matchup knowledge and the skill to grab fruits out of the air then they get much weaker. I feel a big misconception about Pacman is that people assume that the fruit are good to use in neutral (they're meh). They are good mix-up tools, good zoning tools, and good for set-ups, but what they aren't are an instant problem solver. Outside of the orange, key, and apple, all the fruits are really easy to grab. Biggest problem with you're post is that you used approach and Power Pellet in the same sentence. Along with Pacman's Dair, Power Pellet is Pacman's worst move. It's good for a few galaxian combo's and interesting ways to launch the hydrant, and is a passable (if not highly telegraphed) way to recover. IT IS NOT a way to approach. That'd be like Luigi charging up his missile and expecting to use it as a successful approach. This just goes to show that Pacman isn't an easy character to use. You can't make assumptions based on the fact that he has projectiles so he must be able to wall out opponents. His main zoning tools aren't even the fruit, they are the Hydrant and the Trampoline

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
+1:4greninja:: He's gotta be in the next tier up.
+1:4myfriends:: Ike is a better character than Roy, and is better than all the other characters in his tier (except Greninja)
-1 :4dk:: he belongs around where Robin is. He's got some tricks up his sleeves, but he's got far to many problems to be as high as he is

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+1:4greninja:: He's gotta be in the next tier up.
+1:4myfriends:: Ike is a better character than Roy, and is better than all the other characters in his tier (except Greninja)
-1 :4dk:: he belongs around where Robin is. He's got some tricks up his sleeves, but he's got far to many problems to be as high as he is
Ike is definitely not better then Pit...like at all.

Browny

Smash Hater

Thanks I hadn't seen that Mr.E one before.

Does Ally actually use Marth anymore? the last time I saw his Marth was in like... May.

Well personally I think top is tier 1, high is 2-3, mid is 4 and low is 5-7. I define high tier as characters that actually have a chance at winning tournaments that arent local weeklies. Things like bigger regional monthlies.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Thanks I hadn't seen that Mr.E one before.

Does Ally actually use Marth anymore? the last time I saw his Marth was in like... May.

Well personally I think top is tier 1, high is 2-3, mid is 4 and low is 5-7. I define high tier as characters that actually have a chance at winning tournaments that arent local weeklies. Things like bigger regional monthlies.
Mr E is quite a good Marth by Smash 4 standards. I mean, it bugs me how he likes to Nair to approach, even though Fair is much safer, but still. And as regards to Ally, I can't remember the last time he used Marth in a tournament setting, though i'm sure he used him only about 2 months ago... I can't remember.

And that's good then, because I never considered Marth high tier. I think Marth is a solid character. If Marth got more reward/some more reliable follow ups from grabs, maybe then I would even consider him being close to high tier, but I do think he is certainly a solid mid tier (tier 4) character as of now.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
It is. If you think it isn't then w/e because I'm really tired of that argument.
If you are reffering to Lucina lacking Marth's tipper, then that's the thing, it isn't worth a whole tier just because she lacks it. Lucina does a few things better than Marth, and Marth does a few things better than Lucina (albeit, Marth does do more better than Lucina in general), but their movesets are exactly the same. Marth will always be above Lucina because of his potential to finish off stocks at ridiculous percents, but just because Lucina lacks this, it does not make her bad at all.

For the record, I stand by my opinion that Marth is a solid mid tier character, and Lucina deserves to be at least somewhere close to him. There is not a whole tier gap between them.

Seige

Smash Cadet
If you are reffering to Lucina lacking Marth's tipper, then that's the thing, it isn't worth a whole tier just because she lacks it. Lucina does a few things better than Marth, and Marth does a few things better than Lucina (albeit, Marth does do more better than Lucina in general), but their movesets are exactly the same. Marth will always be above Lucina because of his potential to finish off stocks at ridiculous percents, but just because Lucina lacks this, it does not make her bad at all.

For the record, I stand by my opinion that Marth is a solid mid tier character, and Lucina deserves to be at least somewhere close to him. There is not a whole tier gap between them.
And I stand my point it does have an entire tier gap between them. The only reason I believe Marth in Tier 4 is his tipper otherwise he'd be Tier 5 in my mind. Therefore Lucina.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
And I stand my point it does have an entire tier gap between them. The only reason I believe Marth in Tier 4 is his tipper otherwise he'd be Tier 5 in my mind. Therefore Lucina.
Have you considered characters like :4fox::4falcon::4sonic:who are extremely difficult to land tippers on especially if they're skilled?

Like Bowserboy3 Bowserboy3 has already stated before, Lucina is better in certain cases than Marth.

In a scenario where the opponent is going to be up in your face the entire time this is one of them.

Top Bottom