• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I was playing around with it and it appears ZSS does break free on pummel, so you can't just rack up infinite damage, but, you can however, hold onto ZSS indefinitely and if you happen to have the stock lead, timing her out and winning off of your one grab is possible. It's hilarious and somewhat terrifying at the same time.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So I was playing around with it and it appears ZSS does break free on pummel, so you can't just rack up infinite damage, but, you can however, hold onto ZSS indefinitely and if you happen to have the stock lead, timing her out and winning off of your one grab is possible. It's hilarious and somewhat terrifying at the same time.
That would just be banned then

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I feel like :4corrinf: and :4bayonetta: will both end up around the same area, the middle of Tier 3. :4corrinf: has better frame data, range, and consistency while :4bayonetta: has more extensive combos, better recovery, and more areas to improve. They both have gaping flaws (:4corrinf:'s bad combo game, especially from grabs, and :4bayonetta:'s frame data and finicky combos) that I think will keep them out of Tier 2.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I feel like :4corrinf: and :4bayonetta: will both end up around the same area, the middle of Tier 3. :4corrinf: has better frame data, range, and consistency while :4bayonetta: has more extensive combos, better recovery, and more areas to improve. They both have gaping flaws (:4corrinf:'s bad combo game, especially from grabs, and :4bayonetta:'s frame data and finicky combos) that I think will keep them out of Tier 2.
I agree. I really don't think either one has what it takes to be in Tier 2. However, Bayonetta may be developed more in the future and that could mean that she will be placed higher.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'll just add my two cents into the :4bayonetta:/:4corrin: opinions.

Personally, I feel they are both above mid tier. However, I do feel :4bayonetta: has more room to grow/develop. It shows by the new combos and things people are still discovering now. She has a lot more options than :4corrin:, whom has had most of his combos and options dug up already. I could see Bayonetta being in the high tier later down the line, but I don't think either of them are lower than the mid tier at all.

And yes, I am also eager to get voting again. When's it happening Browny Browny ?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I'll just add my two cents into the :4bayonetta:/:4corrin: opinions.

Personally, I feel they are both above mid tier. However, I do feel :4bayonetta: has more room to grow/develop. It shows by the new combos and things people are still discovering now. She has a lot more options than :4corrin:, whom has had most of his combos and options dug up already. I could see Bayonetta being in the high tier later down the line, but I don't think either of them are lower than the mid tier at all.

And yes, I am also eager to get voting again. When's it happening Browny Browny ?
Nice you got premium!

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Nice you got premium!
I wanted to have the waifu at the back of my posts all the time...

But I thought it was about time to give Smashboards something back.

(also I'm sick of that stupid red banner appearing on the homepage, why doesn't Smashboards realise that I wasn't using adblock:().

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
(also I'm sick of that stupid red banner appearing on the homepage, why doesn't Smashboards realise that I wan't using adblock:().
Ah, so I ain't the only one...

I might buy premium if I'm still using this forum by the time I hit 1000 posts.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
THIS IS A DEMOCRACY, WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO VOTE!
(I don't even know what I'm doing.)

Browny

Smash Hater

ok

votes open.

As before, this starts with a clean slate, all characters equal and people are allowed FIVE votes.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Will most likely come back and edit this later, but I suppose I'll put a good word in for the characters I use...

+1 :rosalina:
+1 :4marth:
+1 :4mario:
+1:4sheik:(this vote was initially :4bayonetta:, but many other voters voted her up, so I am using this vote on Sheik)
+1 :4zss:(again, kinda stating the obvious, but somebody has to)

I may edit my 5th vote later. I'm tempted to use it on Samus so she isn't near the bottom, but I don't want her too high up either. For now though, Jiggs get a - vote.

Edit: Seeing as nearly all the recent posts below me also have Jiggs as -1, I think I'll try voting for somebody else... As before, I want to vote Samus up, but I don't want her getting too high, so I might have to come back and change the 5th vote later.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
- :4jigglypuff: This physically hurts me.
-:4zelda:
+:4sheik:
+:4metaknight:
And please forgive me for my ignorance, but I couldn't find a answer to this, how are we treating the Mii Fighters? 1111 only?
If it's 1111 then I vote -:4miibrawl:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We're back in business? Hell yeah.

:4dedede: -1 It really hurts me to do this. It really, really does. Dedede is just outright terrible, there's no reason he should be above characters like Samus, Bowser or Mewtwo at this point.
:4jigglypuff: -1 Please get this character in bottom 3. Barely any results, few notable players, terrible MU spread and a myriad of flaws, I can go on.
:4mewtwo:+1 Mewtwo is not even close to bottom 10, and his results have been gradually improving. Rich Brown and TheReflexWonder picked him up, Katakiri uses him in some MUs and people like Blue and Mewsquared have done impressive things with the character. His mobility, kill power, unorthodox combos and good throw game are some of his most notable strengths, he's a legit threatening class gannon.
:4tlink:+1 After his impressive performance at Genesis 3 and work done by players like Hyuga and Zan, it's more than enough to prove Toon Link is viable enough to get top placings at high level.

:4miibrawl: -1
1111 Mii Brawler is laughably awful. The character has virtually no results to speak of, and he cannot KO reliably at all. His smashes are weak, and fsmash has slow startup, is active only for 1 frame and has a ton of cooldown. Soaring Axe Kick is a horrendous recovery move, and his aerials are all weak. This character is practically worthless, he's by far the worst character in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
We're back in business? Hell yeah.

:4dedede: -1 It really hurts me to do this. It really, really does. Dedede is just outright terrible, there's no reason he should be above characters like Samus, Bowser or Mewtwo at this point.
:4jigglypuff: -1 Please get this character in bottom 3. Barely any results, few notable players, terrible MU spread and a myriad of flaws, I can go on.
:4mewtwo:+1 Mewtwo is not even close to bottom 10, and his results have been gradually improving. Rich Brown and TheReflexWonder picked him up, Katakiri uses him in some MUs and people like Blue and Mewsquared have done impressive things with the character. His mobility, kill power, unorthodox combos and good throw game are some of his most notable strengths, he's a legit threatening class gannon.
:4tlink:+1 After his impressive performance at Genesis 3, it's more than enough to prove Toon Link is viable enough to get top placings at high level.

:4miibrawl: -1
1111 Mii Brawler is laughably awful. The character has virtually no results to speak of, and he cannot KO reliably at all. His smashes are weak, and fsmash has slow startup, is active only for 1 frame and has a ton of cooldown. Soaring Axe Kick is a horrendous recovery move, and his aerials are all weak. This character is practically worthless, he's by far the worst character in the game.
At least someone agrees with me that Mewtwo has more potential

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+:4pit:/:4darkpit:(never seperate them...ever...just have them share the exact same spot)
+:4corrinf:(Yes)
+:4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:(Don't judge)
+:4duckhunt:(LOVE ME...I MEAN HIM...THEM!)
+:4palutena:(LOVE HER...LOVE HER ALL!)

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
:4feroy:-1
:4myfriends:+1
:4cloud:+1
:4jigglypuff:-1
:4greninja:+1

Bayonetta and Corrin are too new to vote on right away, IMO.

Edit: Forgot all characters start at mid tier. In that case, I'll put in minuses and change my vote.

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
Started looking at this again about three days ago... Perfect timing I guess.

+:4sheik:There are only three other votes for her above me (unless calc III made me forget how to count) and we might as well establish this sooner rather than later and deal with the massive upvote Sheik into SS tier again.
+:4greninja:Since he wasn't nerfed...
+:4rob:He (it?) is pretty good, especially with all of the gyro setups.
-:4zelda:It's not that she's bottom tier or worst-in-game, but everything needs to be spaced out for now.
-:4palutena:Same as above. I've even started learning her because, for some reason, I feel the need to learn a new character every month or so.

I think it's still early to vote on Corrin and Bayonetta, so I'll leave that to people who (hopefully) have more knowledge than me on them. Also, can we PLEASE keep Marth and Lucina at least near each other this time?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
+:4sheik:There are only three other votes for her above me (unless calc III made me forget how to count) and we might as well establish this sooner rather than later and deal with the massive upvote Sheik into SS tier again.
This is actually a pretty relevant point, something to keep in mind for those yet to vote.

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
+:4rob:
+:4wario: (obligatory mains upvote for Wario and ROB, but at least they make sense haha)
+:4gaw:
+:4ness:
+:4sheik: (just to re-establish the obvious)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You know, looking back at it, it's sad that the community voted tier list is more official than the official tier list.

:4mario: +1
:4lucario:+1
:4feroy:+1
:rosalina:+1
:4jigglypuff: +1. She's been run into the ground already.

Top Bottom