• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Link

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Links. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
AiB is down, so I linked it to them in the Xat a while ago. :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Do ANY of those people play wi-fi?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Mate, what on God's green Earth possesses you to think I'm one of the greatest Links on Earth?
LOL

Sorry Red Ryu, I think wherever you read that was a joke post by WaffleZ himself. He and Deva are *competing* for top Link in Washington, so he jokes around with Deva and the other top Links a lot.

Really good Links that have WiFi and would possibly participate are Blubba Pinecone and KirinBlaze, and other Links who might consider participating are M4GE, Afro and Sasook.

I would participate but I broke my Brawl disk like 3 months ago. :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kirin doesn't have a Wii at the moment, and even if he did, he quit SRSWAIFAI ages ago. Oh, and he'd go Mario instead of Link if given the opportunity to play. :x

:mario2:

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
-_- I really... REALLY hate wifi... but... I guess if you guys really want me to I will. D:

There's still the issue of my wifi giving my error 86420 with lots of people and being unfixable... I've yet to try updating my Wii to fix it but I also don't feel like messing around with the hacks to keep it from getting bricked... I'll see about fixing it though...

Regardless... there hasn't even been a date/time mentioned for this tourney... so yeah...

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
Man, I havent posted on this forum in a good *** while. I'll do it, but I dont want to be the only AiB Link who plays in this -__-

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
LOL

Sorry Red Ryu, I think wherever you read that was a joke post by WaffleZ himself. He and Deva are *competing* for top Link in Washington, so he jokes around with Deva and the other top Links a lot.

Really good Links that have WiFi and would possibly participate are Blubba Pinecone and KirinBlaze, and other Links who might consider participating are M4GE, Afro and Sasook.

I would participate but I broke my Brawl disk like 3 months ago. :p
........oh.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Links. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!
Read number 4

Kirin > Virg? lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pink Fresh clearly can't read. Kirin is so badass that he'll cheat the system and represent the both of them. It'll end up being Mario vs. Link in the grand finals with Kirin fighting himself. If that isn't a pair of ducks paradox, then I don't know what is.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
I'm so badass that I could do it.
Don't mess.
Pink Fresh clearly can't read. Kirin is so badass that he'll cheat the system and represent the both of them. It'll end up being Mario vs. Link in the grand finals with Kirin fighting himself. If that isn't a pair of ducks paradox, then I don't know what is.
lol go kirin ^^
looking forward to the grandfinals ^^

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
LMAO.
WI-FI TOURNAMENTS ARE TOO GOOD.
I'm loling so hard right now.
You're taking something which is supposed to be serious and having it on somthing that cannot be taken seriously. What lulz.

I'll nominate Ritch. He'd probably take it more seriously than I would. But, if there is a spot open, I'd participate. I want to see how far my sandbagging would get me.

Oh, and LOL at the guy who put WaffleZ as one of the best 4 Links. xD

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right, deadline for the roster is September 1st. You guys just send me a PM with the names (ranked in order, preferably. You can even go to past 5 if you want). Just pick one person here to send it to me so I don't get 4 repeated lists. If you have any problems with the roster and cry foul, I'll read through the entire thread and see if it's valid.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Okay this is what the Link boards have decided.
1st. Legan
2nd. Blubba Pinecone
Nubs. Sasook, M4ge, me, Linkwearsgreen, ShinTwist ScreamPaste

Legan and Blubba are probably not going to make it >_>

Panix

Smash Ace
How are you going to say....

1.Legan
2. Blubba Pinecone

And then say....

Legan and blubba are probably not going to make it?

=P AND THEN put 4 people after =P.

I see through your plan.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
How are you going to say....

1.Legan
2. Blubba Pinecone

And then say....

Legan and blubba are probably not going to make it?

=P AND THEN put 4 people after =P.

I see through your plan.
The problem is, Legan and Blubba aren't guaranteed. IF however, they have wifi the day of the tournament, we'd submit them.

The list below it is the people we would want in ranked in order.

Top Bottom